• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Well in better news, At least Smash 3 Roy update has been started! Wooo! and apparently they are really into it. Seriously though, It's more fun to see what Smash 3 Team has done with the people and tools they have. It's so cool how they make the game look so amazing with the limitations of Brawl. In addition, WE HAVEN'T EVEN SEEN THE SMASH 3 ROY! :p It's not fair to ask them to discard it when we haven't even seen it!

A friendly reminder, please try to remain remotely on topic. I wouldn't want a mod to have to step in.

Our team is tired, and some of us have even been forced to quit modding due to health issues (we miss you Galaga). As much as we enjoyed making this project, we are nearing the end of of our work ethic. I am deeply thankful to all of the team members who've continued to work on Smash 3, especially after they quit Brawl modding.

We've done the best we can, and our best will always be outdone by the Smash U development team. If you seek that, it's available to you and everyone else from a more experienced team with better tech and resources. If you have an idea for a mod, please, please ask elsewhere. Our team is exhausted, and quite frankly, the more requests we get, the more everyones motivation plummets.

I thank you all for your support, and for believing in us that we can do a lot of things, but we are human. We are human, and we are tired. We've donned our armor and pushed ahead for one final push and when it's out, it's out.

So please, refrain from requesting anything further of us. If you see something and think it looks off, do mention it. If you see something you like, do say so. If you just want to wish us well, please say something. Just want to hang out and post about the project? That's good. That's what this thread is for.

Thanks guys.
No no no! Thank you for all the work you guys have done for us! You guys started this project a long time back and I am very happy to see you guys still going! Heck, Shun is apparently back for this, which is awesome!! :) Thank you for continuing this project and seeing it through. Also, I always wondered what happened to Galaga! I really hope he feels better and his condition improves!

If this is about my Doctor Who and Cool Cat references, I'M SO SORRY!!!
I think it's more about the little Roy incident.

Last edited:

That One Guy2486

Smash Apprentice
By the way, is the Brawl modding community dead after this? Because I was wanting to get into it, but I'm not sure if I can anymore..

SmashJC

Smash Journeyman
right, but i don't think too much people uses Smash 3 on Brawl, i use it on PM, anyway i got some texture bugs with the yoshi eggs

Last edited:

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Actually, I'm pretty sure that's the other way around. I'm remember there was a huge post by one of the members with the basic message being, "Project M is secondary in this project".
This is correct. We are a Brawl mod that keeps Project M support in mind. There are still some people doing Brawl mods, so if you're interested in jumping in you won't be completely alone.

EDIT: We are aware of the Yoshi bug. It is part of the reason the title says "Not currently working with Project M" as they changed the way Yoshi's textures are read for his eggs.

Last edited:

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Actually, I'm pretty sure that's the other way around. I'm remember there was a huge post by one of the members with the basic message being, "Project M is secondary in this project".
Yup, initially Roy and Doc were not planned eventho PM had them.

Another advantage to this is that we would not to update the Project M alts seeing that the PMBR is always updating their stuff, and adding more stuff.

The "secondary" part may be the fact that we publish these extra recolors and or other model alts to fill any empty spaces with both PM's extra slots and cBliss+10.

Thats what I believe, it was long since this subject was talked about.

By the way, is the Brawl modding community dead after this? Because I was wanting to get into it, but I'm not sure if I can anymore..
The brawl community will be alive as long as the big shot modders help and teach the newcomers. TBH, that is not quite happening at the moment. As knowledge right now seems to be rather... outdated for public reach.

Juken

Smash Ace
Basically, let's just nott ask about Smash 4 stuff being ported in this thread anymore.

Ask one of the people who has their mega-threads and take requests like Theytah or Iwantgames (although he's busy with other things)... Or learn to do it yourself.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
I honestly like both designs but think the updated Smash 3 Roy will blow Smash 4's model out of the water. Classic Roy with some nice touch-ups is bound to look beautiful.

That One Guy2486

Smash Apprentice
Anyways, let's get back on topic. How's the project coming along? Any characters 100% done? (Textures, recolors, portraits, etc.)

Last edited:

h y o

Smash Rookie
Right now, this thread looks more like a skype group chat rather than an actual project thread.

Anyway, I'm really excited about this project and the team looks like they're really great. I'm pretty new to the forums, but I've been keeping up with Smash 3 from afar and just wanted to drop by to say keep up the great work and take your time! c:

Juken

Smash Ace
they're not gods, please think
Please stop responding to every little thing, and think about wording your post less childishly so that you don't get on peoples' nerves. Spamming the thread will annoy the people working on it more than it will get them to work faster.

The latter is something I've probably been guilty of here myself, but I have never carried it on for 2 pages.

ImThatGuy

Smash Cadet
This thread has become nothing but cringe, bad memes and childish irrelevance, but my question is will Lucas be receiving the masked man themed costume? Love the way it looked in Smash 4 and would love to see the Smash 3 teams interpretation of it

Juken

Smash Ace
This thread has become nothing but cringe, bad memes and childish irrelevance, but my question is will Lucas be receiving the masked man themed costume? Love the way it looked in Smash 4 and would love to see the Smash 3 teams interpretation of it
This is not really an exact answer to your question, but someone in the Smash 3C thread has made an actual masked man Smash 3 alt for Lucas. One with the mask and cannon and a bunch of recolors for it, and then I think there was one that was like commander Lucas (no mask or cannon).

MagicManNo9

A busy man with a busy schedule these days!
Holy cow, that was the most childish thing I've ever witness, I apologize for everyone who had to deal with that kid.

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike
....um... Hi everybody.... is everything cool now in this thread?

I had wanted to ask about the renders for each character, specifically the recolors. Will they be made available as separate images when Smash 3 is finished? I know at one point people were able to ask for specific renders upon request, so I thought that meant that a render for every recolor was created at one point.

Taiko

Smash Ace
....um... Hi everybody.... is everything cool now in this thread?

I had wanted to ask about the renders for each character, specifically the recolors. Will they be made available as separate images when Smash 3 is finished? I know at one point people were able to ask for specific renders upon request, so I thought that meant that a render for every recolor was created at one point.
We've got something planned for that when the update drops, so you can all look forward to that!

Top Bottom