• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Juken

Smash Ace
I see it didn't take Smashboards long to replace the Project M Roy at the top of this site with Smash 4 Roy.

Although personally I would prefer if the site background and top characters comprised of renders from all the games, not just 4..
(And maybe Smash 3 renders as well)
Yes, I liked it when Smashboards had the most popular characters from each Smash game that has a category. Now it's just all about Smash 4.

Also it sounds like you guys are eager for 3.6 to come out so that you can finish the project.

MagicManNo9

A busy man with a busy schedule these days!
Yes, I liked it when Smashboards had the most popular characters from each Smash game that has a category. Now it's just all about Smash 4.

Also it sounds like you guys are eager for 3.6 to come out so that you can finish the project.
Oh no, we're not waiting for 3.6 to come out, we're trying to finish everything as best as possible and finish the project overall.

EDIT: Also those replies earlier to that guy people, thank you is all I want to say.

Last edited:

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
Lmao damn you guys are roasting him bad X'D
No one's roasting anyone. I can imagine it's hard enough for the Smash 3 team to work on this stuff without people being unreasonable about how hard they work or what they decide to work on.

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
Well, here's my question. I don't care whether Smash 3 is going to use Smash 4 Roy or not, what I want to know is where Smash 4 Roy's design even came from. It looks like an original design, which isn't something you see in Smash. Probably the closest would be Smash 4 Marth's gray armor, but the rest is completely New Mystery Of The Emblem.
I'm probably more obsessed with this than is healthy, but S4 Marth is actually rather different than FE12 Marth. There's the darker armor plates, yeah. But the shoulders are 100% unique to S4, and the sword (and sheath) are the classic Falchion design, rather than the updated FE11/12 design. He doesn't have his neck/collar plate, and his coat is the FE11 coat with his collar opened up. The gold trim on the top of the boots is a different design. That's all I can think of off the top of my head, but I'm sure there's more.
I think S4 Marth is really only about 25% FE12, 25% FE11, 25% Brawl, 25% brand new. ...I don't like it.

...But S4 Roy looks fantastic, and I love it.

I'm also completely okay with S3 Roy not using the S4 design, and am very excited to see how it looks!

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
Question, will the new update have cbliss support for ALL characters? And i should tell you, Cbliss now supports 14 slots for every character.

Obskore

Smash Ace
when i talked about the optimization, i wasn't exclusively talking about a Smash 3 version, i just brought the topic of porting the model to Brawl since someone already had mentioned the Roy leak in this thread, then i mixed in a bit of Brawl modding into it :p

drogoth232

Smash Lord
when i talked about the optimization, i wasn't exclusively talking about a Smash 3 version, i just brought the topic of porting the model to Brawl since someone already had mentioned the Roy leak in this thread, then i mixed in a bit of Brawl modding into it :p
I know, and I said that you will never be able to achieve a very good Roy in brawl/PM. It just won't work, unless it's a custom PSA using PMs as a base. And even then, the only modders that PSA/Rig/Import are working on more important things.

SmashJC

Smash Journeyman
now funny shut up
just make it abit lower poly and presto. i cannot do it btw i don't have 3ds max and dunno how to use blender :3

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
now funny shut up
just make it abit lower poly and presto. i cannot do it btw i don't have 3ds max and dunno how to use blender :3
Yeah, "just make it abit lower poly" and presto!
You don't even have to rig it!
You don't have to even work with the textures!

It can be yours for the small price of $69.69

Tailsmiles249

Smash Apprentice
Look we don't want to come off as dickish but understand that importing a model is more work than it sounds.

There's optimizing, setting up materials, rigging, proper proportions for said character, texturing, re-UVing if those textures don't work out, etc. Not to mention that requires a team of people if you want to do it fast. Plus they all have to be working on the same character. Having 1 person may make it seem like a waste.

Last edited:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
RTB of all people could tell you that importing models, let alone high poly count ones, into Brawl is way more work than just optimizing. He was one of the pioneers behind model importing for Brawl.

SmashJC

Smash Journeyman
Look we don't want to come off as dickish but understand that importing a model is more work than it sounds.

There's optimizing, setting up materials, rigging, proper proportions for said character, texturing, re-UVing if those textures don't work out, etc. Not to mention that requires a team of people if you want to do it fast. Plus they all have to be working on the same character. Having 1 person may make it seem like a waste.
yes, i know, that's too much work. also, i can't discuss with tails, that's nosense

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
And one more very, VERY important thing...
You guys haven't even seen our Roy yet.

now funny shut up
You're all bark and no bite.

Heck even people that knows NOTHING about 3ds max, blender and Windows Paint knows how model importing works and understand that what we have to do takes alot of time and attention to detail.

Come back and challenge our decisions when you know how stuff is work, or atleast grasp how stuff works. Because according to your post, we could be able to import the whole United States into Brawl... real sized. Maybe fighting along side Canada on the ever lasting battle of an Alien invasion... in real size.

SmashJC

Smash Journeyman
... can't discuss with doges, i don't know how to use blender or 3dsmax, i ever used sketchup for hacking mario kart ds, i have blender but have no ******* idea about how to use it, also i never imported a model into brawlbox, only modified models via vertex

Last edited:

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
... can't discuss with doges, i don't know how to use blender or 3dsmax, i ever used sketchup for hacking mario kart ds, i have blender but have no ******* idea about how to use it, also i never imported a model into brawlbox, only modified models via vertex
Hahahah, your borderline comical.
Enjoy your roasting m8!

Oh guys, don't worry. I promised that I would not cause a fuzz like last time with the facebook thief. I enjoy these stuff now.

Last edited:

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
I feel like there should be an age restriction on these boards. I can't model to save my life and I still know it's more work than these kids do.

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
Hahahah, your borderline comical.
Enjoy your roasting m8!

Oh guys, don't worry. I promised that I would not cause a fuzz like last time with the facebook thief. I enjoy these stuff now.
Hes getting roasted into a porkchop.

Hardy hardy har har, very funny myself.

kazan

Smash Apprentice
So, this is a hack or making Brawl/PM look like in Smash 4, and you don't want to update Roy to his last design? LOL
alright, ive been trying to stay quiet since i was on vacation and all, but this is going TOO FAR. Im not even on the team but his post really pissed me off...
Stop being selfish and learn to respect others. If you really want sm4sh roy, you make him. Dont know how? Why ask to be on the team when you cant even do that? LEARN. Dont go on telling the S3 team to make it when theyve said they wouldnt do it multiple times. You need to stop acting like a child...

PS: stop fighting arguing with @ drogoth232 drogoth232 , he'll 4-stock you so bad, you wont want roy in sm4sh.

Last edited:

Wing Zero

Smash Apprentice
now funny shut up
look man, you might want to look a little more into game development before you start mouthing off like that

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Okay everyone, that's enough.

@ S SmashJC , our decision is final. Smash4 Roy will NOT be imported into Brawl by one of our team members OR be done as a group effort, unless it is done INDEPENDENTLY.

If you don't like that, then I don't know what to tell you other than "Good Luck"

stop fighting arguing with @dragoth232, he'll 4-stock you so bad, you wont want roy in sm4sh.
At least spell my name right ;~;

Last edited:

SmashJC

Smash Journeyman
stop arguing about me, also i don't want to be banned from here(same happened in DSHack)

PSD: i'm 14, can't blame me for being inmature

Taiko

Smash Ace
Want to use the Smash 4 Roy design with no work? It's simple, buy the DLC when it releases!

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Okay everyone, that's enough.
Agreed. Its best to stop it as fast as it started. We made it this far without a Red Text giving anyone of us a warning. (Last time was me if I recall)

Well, random question.
Can someone link me smash 3C? I wanna see how are they doing, its been a while since I checked them.

SmashJC

Smash Journeyman
Warning Received
i can't buy DLC because:
1. I don't have money for that.
2. I don't buy DLC
3. That's nosense
4. I don't have a 3DS/Wii U

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
A friendly reminder, please try to remain remotely on topic. I wouldn't want a mod to have to step in.

Our team is tired, and some of us have even been forced to quit modding due to health issues (we miss you Galaga). As much as we enjoyed making this project, we are nearing the end of of our work ethic. I am deeply thankful to all of the team members who've continued to work on Smash 3, especially after they quit Brawl modding.

We've done the best we can, and our best will always be outdone by the Smash U development team. If you seek that, it's available to you and everyone else from a more experienced team with better tech and resources. If you have an idea for a mod, please, please ask elsewhere. Our team is exhausted, and quite frankly, the more requests we get, the more everyones motivation plummets.

I thank you all for your support, and for believing in us that we can do a lot of things, but we are human. We are human, and we are tired. We've donned our armor and pushed ahead for one final push and when it's out, it's out.

So please, refrain from requesting anything further of us. If you see something and think it looks off, do mention it. If you see something you like, do say so. If you just want to wish us well, please say something. Just want to hang out and post about the project? That's good. That's what this thread is for.

Thanks guys.

Top Bottom