• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AceGamer

Smash Journeyman

I'm not sure which texture the off-stage camera uses, for now I'd recommend reverting the off stage camera texture (or any of the texture formats that you changed), it seems like the easiest way to fix it.
Ah the sight of Pit in the sky, how majestic lol

Juken

Smash Ace
Can you guys give his dark Pit alt the silver bow? If not, I could attempt to make a version like that, already did for the old Pit.

Although it doesn't fire purple arrows...

That One Guy2486

Smash Apprentice
Can you guys give his dark Pit alt the silver bow? If not, I could attempt to make a version like that, already did for the old Pit.

They probably won't. Remember that someone before asked this question, and...Somebody on the Smash 3 team said they wouldn't use the silver bow because it would still have a gold trail.

Juken

Smash Ace
still waiting for bowser and mewtwo update
They will most likely come with everything else... And I doubt anything is coming before 3.6 since it would be pointless releasing it so close to the end of the old version's lifespan.

Middleman97

Smash Apprentice
I want to include the sword trails in 3.5 but replaced the fitcharacter files will change the movesets. How can I avoid this? Do I just have to got into the 3.5 ,pacs and copy the textures and model data from the smash 3 characters?

Last edited:

AceGamer

Smash Journeyman
the moveset is in the fitmotion files, the fit files are just for costumes and effects

Last edited:

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
the moveset is in the fitmotion files, the fit files are just for costumes and effects
I believe that's incorrect. If I recall correctly, the fitmotion files are for animations, while fitcharacter (with no numbers) contains the moveset and some effects.

Taiko

Smash Ace
Wasn't Pit updated already? (It seems I have to question everything..)
I guess this means we can't release him. Darn.

We decided against it because the sword trail wouldn't match. It's better to think of it as a "Pit cosplaying as Dark Pit" costume.

Maybe it's not Pit that was updated...?
You're right, we updated Battlefield's sky. Pit is Brawl Pit.

I was not informed of such an update?

I want to include the sword trails in 3.5 but replaced the fitcharacter files will change the movesets. How can I avoid this? Do I just have to got into the 3.5 ,pacs and copy the textures and model data from the smash 3 characters?
You'd need to update just the sword trails, but for now if you're not sure what to replace just don't use the old moveset files.

Last edited:

YoYoFantaFanta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoyofantafanta
3DS FC
4914-3889-8963
I just found this and while some characters look kind of strange (Marth's face looks weird) I think this looks really great.

Also, did you guys do all the characters yet or not? If you didn't that's okay, but I don't want to go through 100 pages of forums to find out.

Juken

Smash Ace
I just found this and while some characters look kind of strange (Marth's face looks weird) I think this looks really great.

Also, did you guys do all the characters yet or not? If you didn't that's okay, but I don't want to go through 100 pages of forums to find out.
I believe that they're releasing everything updated instead of one by one like before.

And yeah, Marth's face was weird. Roy is pretty much perfect though.

YoYoFantaFanta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoyofantafanta
3DS FC
4914-3889-8963
I believe that they're releasing everything updated instead of one by one like before.

And yeah, Marth's face was weird. Roy is pretty much perfect though.
Hopefully Marth's face gets fixed. Other than that I don't have a problem.

Also Sonic looks perfect which is what matters to me.

BTW, are these also the downloads for PM, or is this just Brawl and PM downloads are elsewhere?

Middleman97

Smash Apprentice
I linked the trailer to the subreddit, hopefully you guys get some more hype and support for your amazing work!

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
I love Taiko's humor so much. The way he responds to questions is just so great!

Anyway, glad pit's face is getting an update. His face was the only thing didn't set well with me when he came out. Whooooooo!

Last edited:

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Hate to be a downer but I agree; these two could use an update, more so Bowser. He kinda suffers from the same syndrome that Roy does where he doesn't really match up with the other characters from his series, he comparatively seems brighter, if that makes any sense. Everything about Mewtwo has already been said so their is no point in bringing it up again.

Juken

Smash Ace
Bowser has always looked odd to me, I think it's the contrast in his rimlighting or texturing being a bit too strong/bright. His face (in Smash 4 at least) also does look very odd.

Last edited:

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Hate to be a downer but I agree; these two could use an update, more so Bowser. He kinda suffers from the same syndrome that Roy does where he doesn't really match up with the other characters from his series, he comparatively seems brighter, if that makes any sense. Everything about Mewtwo has already been said so their is no point in bringing it up again.
well since his character is the only one who is updated in the Mario series, maybe we should wait until the Mario cast is updated to make that judgement. Honestly, smash 3 Bowser is done quite well and looks better than Smash 4 Bowser imo, but that's just me I guess.
His face (in Smash 4 at least) also does not looks very odd.
his face doesn't look like in smash 4, but for some reason, looks better than in smash 4
...wat?

Last edited:

Juken

Smash Ace
well since his character is the only one who is updated in the Mario series, maybe we should wait until the Mario cast is updated to make that judgement. Honestly, smash 3 Bowser is done quite well and looks better than Smash 4 Bowser imo, but that's just me I guess.

...wat?
I meant to say that his face in Smash 4 does look very odd. I was revising it and left the word "not" in.... and "looks." It does look better than Smash 4's Bowser, but something on it seems off. I can't really do anything about it though, so I guess I'll just keep quiet.

Last edited:

Taiko

Smash Ace

Metaknight was leaked a few days ago, but we've found out who it was and punished him accordingly. Scout is now off the team. We welcome our new member, Edel!

Hopefully Marth's face gets fixed. Other than that I don't have a problem.

Also Sonic looks perfect which is what matters to me.

BTW, are these also the downloads for PM, or is this just Brawl and PM downloads are elsewhere?
Marth has undergone some serious changes since the one we last released. Hopefully you'll like him when he's released!

When we're done, we'll have a download for both Brawl and P:M. You'll be able to just drop it in and play.

I linked the trailer to the subreddit, hopefully you guys get some more hype and support for your amazing work!
We noticed, thanks! It got a lot of traffic from that.

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
Metaknight was leaked a few days ago, but we've found out who it was and punished him accordingly. Scout is now off the team. We welcome our new member, Edel!
That's great. Scout was pretty bad of a modder and I hear Edel is so much better in every way.
I love Scout

Last edited:

Astram

Smash Rookie
I shall endeavor to make you regret this!

Luigi has finally lost it. No one is safe.

there may or may not be new things in this screenshot
Marth still has that weird mullet. Is there any way you can edit that to make it more in line like so:

Taiko

Smash Ace

Work it, Link! You’re so Fierce! You’re like a lustrous lobster!
Today’s fashion shoot was provided by the Smash 3 photographers. Link complained about his make up and Toon Link looked uncomfortably warm.

Marth still has that weird mullet. Is there any way you can edit that to make it more in line like so:

While I do agree, I don't think we have the manpower to be able to fix that...

that meta knight looks awesome! nice job!

psd: seriously, i want to join the team :p
We're not really looking for texturers right now, we're looking more for model people.

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy

NhgrtPlayer

Smash Cadet
Can some please make the Yellow recolor for Sonic ? I don't know how to recover the Smash 3 textures from the actual colors and the Tails-ish shoes. Thank you ! ^^

Middleman97

Smash Apprentice
Can some please make the Yellow recolor for Sonic ? I don't know how to recover the Smash 3 textures from the actual colors and the Tails-ish shoes. Thank you ! ^^
Check out the smash 3C thread. They did all the PM alts already.

Top Bottom