• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DexstarGAMER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DexstarGAMER
If you are willing to, you can homebrew your wii. That will allow you to use SD cards greater than 2GBs I believe. On you though.
But i use my Wii U and i used my Wii and it crashed (IDK why)...so that's bad luck for me

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Sorry dude. That stinks. Well you have smash 4 at least! :D

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Clearing this out.

I remember from a vid that Brawl was made to showcase the wii's realistic/cinematic quality. The same way Melee was made to showcase the responsive controls. I think it was from "Did You Know Gaming" that I heard that from, hopefully I said it right, after all I am paraphrasing here.

Also, with the whole fan is better than dev discussion. Well imagine this small paradox:

What if Brawl was artistically made smash 3ish already? And then we(the modders) come and make a mod/project that makes the texture,stages and bosses dull/realistic?

People will still hype over it because its a different type of eyecandy, something different and unique from an already well known and thoroughly discovered game. So in essence, good fan mods will always look better as long as people grow tired of how the game currently looks and yet is not willing to throw the game away because, well, they want more from it.

But, when the game has just been released... DEV is better than fan. And that is why, Im neutral in selecting a side.

Last edited:

Arkhamael

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone know which Smash 3 skins cause Project M 3.5 to crash? The only one I'm aware of is the Ganondorf set at the moment, but I heard that a few others crashed the game as well.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Link because some texture space is sacrificed for the ocarina. And apparently Mario?

Damonj17

Smash Apprentice
Link because some texture space is sacrificed for the ocarina. And apparently Mario?
Yeah, because they added in a new texture data for his cape. This means I believe that each costume can have custom capes, meaning that Black Dr. Mario can have a black cape, ect.

Arkhamael

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, because they added in a new texture data for his cape. This means I believe that each costume can have custom capes, meaning that Black Dr. Mario can have a black cape, ect.
I recall being able to use Mario just fine, but the only problem was what I thought was a messed up cape texture. And of I'm right, Yoshi's egg texture had a similar problem?

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
I recall being able to use Mario just fine, but the only problem was what I thought was a messed up cape texture. And of I'm right, Yoshi's egg texture had a similar problem?
Yep.
Also, normal mario over doc mario made him still throw pills. That is why S3 doc mario is being made.

MagicManNo9

A busy man with a busy schedule these days!
Guessing this gif means you guys are working on Valve time now. Smash 3 confirmed to be never released and to become a joke the same way that HL3 has

The Smash 3 team have been working hard on it, posting updates such as the Samus update and Trophy recently to show where we're at/progress and even fixing up the little things here and there, just have a little bit of patience about it I'd say! A lot of work gets put into this more than people can imagine!

Last edited:

Yoyoeat

Smash Cadet

The Smash 3 team have been working hard on it, posting updates such as the Samus update and Trophy recently to show where we're at/progress and even fixing up the little things here and there, just have a little bit of patience about it I'd say! A lot of work gets put into this more than people can imagine!
HYPE

JB_G.O.A.T.

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2165-6358-2520

was joking. should have put a /s at the end of that. really looking forward to the pack being released

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
I just think it's funny that thanks to the pills, Smash 3 Dr. Mario basically has to exist haha.

Although IDK why they changed Cape Texture either....

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
Is it a possibilty that Jet Set Sonic will get "Smash 3'd"?
Not at all.
I don't know what Antonio is talking about. It's right here! :p
Hey, I tweaked PM's new Jet Set Radio using textures from the old Smash 3 Sonic, and thought I'd share it here. It's not too great, and there is no rim-lighting, but here is the download link along with a comparison in BrawlBox.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kfow4dxxeypj2at/FitSonic08.pac
https://www.dropbox.com/s/w3cmczx304ptbya/FitSonic08.pcs

#thisiswhyweweregiventextureandrimlighttutorialsanditisawesome

Last edited:

Taiko

Smash Ace
To answer all Brawl Samus related questions:

And because we never actually posted the Other M suit ingame, have that as well:

I just think it's funny that thanks to the pills, Smash 3 Dr. Mario basically has to exist haha.

Although IDK why they changed Cape Texture either....
*fistshake*

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

And because we never actually posted the Other M suit ingame, have that as well:

*fistshake*
Other M version looks a lot better. Dem HD textures. Looks like something out of SSB4 for WiiU. 10/10. Brawl version looks more fitting for Wii, but overall could have been better i guess. 7.5/10. Also, i think it would be better to color Other M Gravity Suit to be like this:

Looks nicer and is accurate to the source (excluding the colors of course) compared to if only lights and orange parts would be recolored. Colors here most likely are too dark, but thats not exactly what im talking about.
Thought I should share this to everyone
Needs purple aura around character itself.

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike
I just had to log back in after so long to express my revived Smash 3 Samus HYPE! Just like I'm doing for Smash 3 Bowser, a character redesign is going to be the reason I'm going to practice and have a new main, thanks Smash 3 Team :D

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
I can't wait for this next update. My build doesn't feel right without Smash 3 textures.

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
Excellent work on the Smash 3 stuff, to everyone working on it. It's great to see people making Brawl look this much prettier.

Top Bottom