• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
I have been working on a "special" Project M pack (stay tuned) and as I was testing what I have put together I noticed an issue with Sonic :4sonic:. The eye glitches have returned with a less consistent error. Sonic will sometimes start off with darker eyes on Final Destination, but sometimes not. However, his eyes will always be dark after having lost a stock. The rim lighting on his eyes when played on lighter stages like Battlefield isn't particularly great either.

I just wanted to share that incase the Smash 3 Team hasn't caught that for their next update. Has anyone else encountered this issue?

Bowsy

Smash Rookie
Holy jesus.. I now understand why it's "not working with 3.5", the amount of crashes is insane lol

Taiko

Smash Ace
Every day, I check this thread asking myself "Is today the day?"
And, though night, it is technically a new day...
Every day, I sit down in front of my computer and go "Do I do stuff today?" then I check the time, realize it's late and go to sleep.
Translated: School wrapping up is making things go slow!

Yo can a brutha get an update 4 dat sexy HUD tho
Update what, does it not work in 3.5?

I have been working on a "special" Project M pack (stay tuned) and as I was testing what I have put together I noticed an issue with Sonic :4sonic:. The eye glitches have returned with a less consistent error. Sonic will sometimes start off with darker eyes on Final Destination, but sometimes not. However, his eyes will always be dark after having lost a stock. The rim lighting on his eyes when played on lighter stages like Battlefield isn't particularly great either.

I just wanted to share that incase the Smash 3 Team hasn't caught that for their next update. Has anyone else encountered this issue?
That's weird, is this with the latet Sonic? That shouldn't be happening...

Holy jesus.. I now understand why it's "not working with 3.5", the amount of crashes is insane lol
Yup, we'll fix it all for the next update. Which is taking longer than expected. You can manually install a few characters and do some bootleg fixes, though.

Bowsy

Smash Rookie
Well actually, the only thing I need for now is the HUD.. but I have no idea on how to do that and which folders.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
This stinks,I'm starting to build a personal P:M,but I can't use any of the cool models found here...
I hope it isn't a major internal problem,just a bunch of little,easy-to-fix bugs( but can be hard to spot ) that are holding it back.

Bowsy

Smash Rookie
This stinks,I'm starting to build a personal P:M,but I can't use any of the cool models found here...
I hope it isn't a major internal problem,just a bunch of little,easy-to-fix bugs( but can be hard to spot ) that are holding it back.
Greeting a fellow Jr. main

Damonj17

Smash Apprentice
Apparently there's going to be a cBliss update to add in 14 costumes for everyone. Will Smash 3 be updated?

Last edited:

SomeSmashBro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JayTheTrainerGuy
3DS FC
2234-7163-8539
Well I came to check for updates, but instead I see this thread is dead silent.
So I noticed @Mach5Mike posted the link, thanks for that, so I slapped something together.

It's S3 Teams shadow mewtwo stuffed inside their black armor red Mewtwo. All I did was make the eyes purple and the colored spots match his tail color.
Here's the link https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hc8awl85ixqazk3/AACaypSwysQPOR-LPS33yHf2a?dl=0
I eagerly await the update, especially for Kirby :kirby:

Last edited:

Juken

Smash Ace
Kind of random, but has anybody else noticed that Pit's eyes look really far apart? After playing Smash 4 and looking back, it looks off.

Also, isn't it possible to get the Smash 4 models/textures and port them to Brawl? I know KTH did this with Pac-Man, Mega-Man, and Shulk.

Obskore

Smash Ace
Kind of random, but has anybody else noticed that Pit's eyes look really far apart? After playing Smash 4 and looking back, it looks off.

Also, isn't it possible to get the Smash 4 models/textures and port them to Brawl? I know KTH did this with Pac-Man, Mega-Man, and Shulk.
i want the Smash 4 Falcon model for Brawl/PM, and a straight port for Samus's model as well, since IWantGames's model is an edit from the Other M original model, but it still looks really accurate (the 3DS hi-poly models would be enough though)
also, dat Smash 4 Pikachu is purrfect

Taiko

Smash Ace
Apparently there's going to be a cBliss update to add in 14 costumes for everyone. Will Smash 3 be updated?
Likely not, you can only have so many colour schemes. Coming up with just 10 is difficult!

Pit's face model is unedited from Brawl, making it more like Smash 4 would take a reeeeally long time to get right. Faces are hard to get right! (Marth!)

And yes, while technically possible, the 3DS models aren't all available yet (only those 3). Even if they were, there are a few issues with using the 3DS models/textures:

- You can't just copy parts of the texture over, the UVs are different. You would have to use the models as well, which have eyes that are textured on and not modeled on for the most part.
- The Wii is more powerful than the 3DS, and outputs at a higher resolution. The 3DS textures are actually much lower resolution than Brawl's, so remaking them allows us to achieve I've grater precision over how we want them to look, without sacrificing quality.
- We've already done them all!

Not to mention we wouldn't get experience from that either!

i want the Smash 4 Falcon model for Brawl/PM, and a straight port for Samus's model as well, since IWantGames's model is an edit from the Other M original model, but it still looks really accurate (the 3DS hi-poly models would be enough though)
also, dat Smash 4 Pikachu is purrfect
Falcon is a bit difficult considering how his face is animated, same with Pikachu's legs. For them to fit the animations, you'd have a skinnier Pikachu with legs still at the same distance as Brawl's.

Last edited:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
What is cBliss exactly?
Newbie Brawl hacker here,replacing costumes in the BrawlBox is all I can really do.

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
What is cBliss exactly?
Newbie Brawl hacker here,replacing costumes in the BrawlBox is all I can really do.
It is a tool developed byASF1NK that increases the character slots to a total of 10 for each character.

Last edited:

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
Likely not, you can only have so many colour schemes. Coming up with just 10 is difficult!

Pit's face model is unedited from Brawl, making it more like Smash 4 would take a reeeeally long time to get right. Faces are hard to get right! (Marth!)

And yes, while technically possible, the 3DS models aren't all available yet (only those 3). Even if they were, there are a few issues with using the 3DS models/textures:

- You can't just copy parts of the texture over, the UVs are different. You would have to use the models as well, which have eyes that are textured on and not modeled on for the most part.
- The Wii is more powerful than the 3DS, and outputs at a higher resolution. The 3DS textures are actually much lower resolution than Brawl's, so remaking them allows us to achieve I've grater precision over how we want them to look, without sacrificing quality.
- We've already done them all!

Not to mention we wouldn't get experience from that either!

Falcon is a bit difficult considering how his face is animated, same with Pikachu's legs. For them to fit the animations, you'd have a skinnier Pikachu with legs still at the same distance as Brawl's.
...You've already done all of them? I'm so excited. :chuckle:

Separately, I have a development question for you. What do you use as reference for the characters that have not returned in Smash 4. Do you use their trophy cameos as reference or how they appear in their respective franchises?

Taiko

Smash Ace
...You've already done all of them? I'm so excited. :chuckle:

Separately, I have a development question for you. What do you use as reference for the characters that have not returned in Smash 4. Do you use their trophy cameos as reference or how they appear in their respective franchises?
Done, but not 100%. That's why they're not released yet!

As for the textures, it's a mix of things. The trophies for the most part don't actually appear how they would in Smash 4 (Squirtle, Ivy, etc.) or they're using the Brawl models (Lucas, Ice Climbers). We can get a feel for how certain things would look by looking at the latest official artwork for the character (Snake, for example) and by mixing in other elements from the rest of the cast as well. The Pokemon for example, have taken inspiration from their X/Y appearances just like how we did New Mewtwo (they don't quite have new models, however).

Lastly, Smash 3 isn't 1:1 of Smash 4, so we can style things our own way, taking what we like from both versions of Smash 4. That's another reason we don't want to use direct rips of the models / textures.

The Dark Knight1965

Smash Journeyman
Done, but not 100%. That's why they're not released yet!

As for the textures, it's a mix of things. The trophies for the most part don't actually appear how they would in Smash 4 (Squirtle, Ivy, etc.) or they're using the Brawl models (Lucas, Ice Climbers). We can get a feel for how certain things would look by looking at the latest official artwork for the character (Snake, for example) and by mixing in other elements from the rest of the cast as well. The Pokemon for example, have taken inspiration from their X/Y appearances just like how we did New Mewtwo (they don't quite have new models, however).

Lastly, Smash 3 isn't 1:1 of Smash 4, so we can style things our own way, taking what we like from both versions of Smash 4. That's another reason we don't want to use direct rips of the models / textures.
I will do anything right now just to see 1 picture of some of ur work

SomeSmashBro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JayTheTrainerGuy
3DS FC
2234-7163-8539
Last edited:

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538

Taiko

Smash Ace
So, you guys like teasers? How about two teasers in one?!

Trophies! And...Samus?! We keep saying this, but the next update really will be a big one!

That Ridley's just a trophy folks, nothing to get excited about. The textures are straight from Other M if you think we're kidding around here. The trophy will come in the download, though.

I totally didn't stay up to make a Ridley trophy. Nope.

Last edited:

Obskore

Smash Ace
So, you guys like teasers? How about two teasers in one?!

Trophies! And...Samus?! We keep saying this, but the next update really will be a big one!

That Ridley's just a trophy folks, nothing to get excited about. The textures are straight from Other M if you think we're kidding around here. The trophy will come in the download, though.

I totally didn't stay up to make a Ridley trophy. Nope.
Other M/Smash 4 Samus by the smash 3 Team?... have my babies!
10/10, has Samus in it, best teaser
let the christmas drop earlier so we can all have a peaceful end of the year staring at your work

PD: how do you edit the trophy descriptions? and btw there's a typo (rasied instead of raised, and is it just me or that last paragraph sounds weird? (sorry i just Metroid-fangasmed over that post <3))

Damonj17

Smash Apprentice
PD: how do you edit the trophy descriptions? and btw there's a typo (rasied instead of raised, and is it just me or that last paragraph sounds weird? (sorry i just Metroid-fangasmed over that post <3))
It seems to be at toy/fig/ty_fig_ext_list_en.msbin. In the msbin, you'll see all the trophy descriptions. You should look up a list of trophy's with descriptions though, as there's no way to indicate which one's which other than obvious ones Ie mario with a smashball. You'll need to look up the vbrawl archive on kcmm though

Last edited:

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
I've always liked her Prime 2/3 design best, and wasn't initially all that excited to hear you guys would be doing an Other M/Smash 4 version... But you're winning me over, that looks great.

Top Bottom