• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fortress

Smash Master
@ Shun_one Shun_one
@ Taiko Taiko

Just noticed you're both using Pit profile pictures. Anyway, here are some quick snippets from BK Ike. Almost through with him. I don't know, if you guys wanted to use these you could probably do better than me. Just have a few more things to fix up, like the tied portion of Ike's cape (I need to make it black really quickly), and the gems in Ettard. Might change Ike's eye color, too, but who knows.

[collapse=Ike Body]
[/collapse]

[collapse=Ike Arms]
[/collapse]

[collapse=Ike Cape]
[/collapse]

[collapse=Ettard]
[/collapse]

Other things I need to fix up really quickly are the headband coloring, and making Daein's crest on the cape red or something to stand out on it slightly better. One of the touches I took was to make Ike's arms a black 'fabric' like the undershirt the Black Knight actually wears. Figured it fit.

Taiko

Smash Ace
To finish today off, we've updated the individual downloads to add the sword trail updates (for Pit, Link, Ike, Marth, Roy).

Speaking of Link, his and Ganondorf's filesizes before were massive, causing some PSAs to crash (most notably Triforce Ganon). We've updated them to take much less space. In addition, Ganondorf's armor shine should look much nicer. It's an optional update, but for people who were experiencing crashes, redownload those two and let us know if it fixes them for you!

@ Shun_one Shun_one
@ Taiko Taiko

Just noticed you're both using Pit profile pictures. Anyway, here are some quick snippets from BK Ike. Almost through with him. I don't know, if you guys wanted to use these you could probably do better than me. Just have a few more things to fix up, like the tied portion of Ike's cape (I need to make it black really quickly), and the gems in Ettard. Might change Ike's eye color, too, but who knows.

[collapse=Ike Body]
[/collapse]

[collapse=Ike Arms]
[/collapse]

[collapse=Ike Cape]
[/collapse]

[collapse=Ettard]
[/collapse]

Other things I need to fix up really quickly are the headband coloring, and making Daein's crest on the cape red or something to stand out on it slightly better. One of the touches I took was to make Ike's arms a black 'fabric' like the undershirt the Black Knight actually wears. Figured it fit.
It's a bit dull looking, try adding more colour! It's a good start though.

Last edited:

Juken

Smash Ace
Sorry to ask so many questions, but what would I have to do with those Pit sword trails to make them work with this:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=35850

It's basically the cupid pit mod that makes his yellow costume use heart particles and whatnot. I might make it work with his red costume instead of over the yellow one if that's possible.

and also where can I get a tutorial on how to pose Pit like your Smash 3 pit? I reskinned the smash 3 pit to look like an improved cupid pit skin and want to make a fitting CSP

Here's a picture of the changed one. I may or may not keep the white pupils, depending on what people think.

Attachments

Last edited:

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975
People, I heard you like Bowser...

Old vBrawl recolors for the new Bowser's model. I plan to release it today or tomorrow.

And I working on this too:

Someone released Smash 3 Purple Teal Mario, so why not?

Fortress

Smash Master
Here's that Ike I've been working at, by the way. Used Smash 3's red team Ike textures and touched them up to be similar to the Black Knight's. He's got red hair like Zelgius now, the Daein crest on his cape, a black cape with a red inside, 'sleeves' and fingered gloves, and he is also wielding Alondite. I'll probably get a download link tomorrow for you all after I tweak him.

EDIT: How in the world I forgot that Zelgius had blue hair, I absolutely do not know. I'll probably fix the hair color to be more correct.

Last edited:

ShiroiKen

Smash Apprentice
Hi amazing people,

Are there any plans to remake Link? It feels slightly off in the big smash 3 picture imho.

Keep up the good work!

Last edited:

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
Hi amazing people,

Are there any plans to remake Link? It feels slightly off in the big smash 3 picture imho.

Keep up the good work!
I think the team plans to revisit older versions and update them; look at yesterday's update.

But I definitely agree that older releases should get revised; I feel that the following characters should get an update:
- Peach
- C. Falcon
- Link
- Toon Link
- Marth
- Roy
- Pikachu
- Jigglypuff
- Meta Knight

and maybe the Mario Bros... but I like their current portrait poses and I want this team to finish this project. :awesome:

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike

Old vBrawl recolors for the new Bowser's model. I plan to release it today or tomorrow.
Awesome! Will Black/Gold Bowser be a part of the download? I tried to do the vBrawl recolors myself, but your's are way better (and they have CSPs)!

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Sorry to ask so many questions, but what would I have to do with those Pit sword trails to make them work with this:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=35850

It's basically the cupid pit mod that makes his yellow costume use heart particles and whatnot. I might make it work with his red costume instead of over the yellow one if that's possible.

and also where can I get a tutorial on how to pose Pit like your Smash 3 pit? I reskinned the smash 3 pit to look like an improved cupid pit skin and want to make a fitting CSP
I'm out of the loop when it comes to costume specific PSA editing. You'll have to search else where for help.

As for older characters, sit tight and see what happens

Last edited:

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
I've been following this project from the beginning, and I really like the direction it's been going, great work guys. Very small constructive criticism though, on pit's green texture....why aren't his wings green lol. It's the only one that has his wings the same color as the default, and not the color of his clothes.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
I've been following this project from the beginning, and I really like the direction it's been going, great work guys. Very small constructive criticism though, on pit's green texture....why aren't his wings green lol. It's the only one that has his wings the same color as the default, and not the color of his clothes.
Because they aren't green in the source material we referenced.

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975
Awesome! Will Black/Gold Bowser be a part of the download? I tried to do the vBrawl recolors myself, but your's are way better (and they have CSPs)!
I tried to recreate White/Gold/Black and Brown costumes...unfortunately I have problems trying to replace any color with brown, and I failed to make the yellow to look like gold.

The change was not as drastic as the other costumes, the replace is fine for me (I have no problems with actual recolors) but it could be cool if someone else do the job.

Update:

BEFORE
AFTER

Fixed Bowser's hair color.

Last edited:

Halcreix

Smash Cadet
I noticed that Pit doesn't have eye movement in his victory poses, is it fixed already when you included his sword trails? (sorry if this is old, but I can't check this thread so often as I would)

Breadfrenzy

Smash Rookie
I've been working on making the Mars Bowser skin with the new updated model/ textures.

It's still in progress. I still don't have a CSP or BP made. Anyone have any suggestions to make it look better?

Halcreix

Smash Cadet
I've been working on making the Mars Bowser skin with the new updated model/ textures.

It's still in progress. I still don't have a CSP or BP made. Anyone have any suggestions to make it look better?
Looks pretty good IMO. Perhaps a bit more reddish skin tone would make it look better?

Breadfrenzy

Smash Rookie
Looks pretty good IMO. Perhaps a bit more reddish skin tone would make it look better?
I'll definitely try that. What do you think about the color of the rings at the base of the horns? That was one of the main things I was unsure of.

Last edited:

Halcreix

Smash Cadet
I'll definitely try that. What do you think about the color of the rings at the base of the horns? That was one of the main things I was unsure of.
I don't see any problem as it is, but think they'll look fine with the new skin tone :)

EDIT: the skin tone looks good, but I'd darken it just a bit so the rim lighting would give it a nice effect.

Last edited:

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
Breadfrenzy, you should probably let me handle Mars Bowser, since I did make it after all.

I'll get around to it eventually, first I have to finish the last of my updates for Samu- I mean Meta Knight.

Satan-

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3969-6402-0771
Wow, been a while since I visited this thread but damn. All the new stuff looks so nice, I just finished downloading and installing all of it.

A while back I asked for Marth's render and I was told that Marth is getting redone just like Bowser. Is that true because I wasn't the biggest fan of Marth's pose.

Breadfrenzy

Smash Rookie
Breadfrenzy, you should probably let me handle Mars Bowser, since I did make it after all.

I'll get around to it eventually, first I have to finish the last of my updates for Samu- I mean Meta Knight.
Okay, neat! I didn't think you would be making one.

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy

And I working on this too:

Someone released Smash 3 Purple Teal Mario, so why not?
Good job! These look legit!

Here's that Ike I've been working at, by the way. Used Smash 3's red team Ike textures and touched them up to be similar to the Black Knight's. He's got red hair like Zelgius now, the Daein crest on his cape, a black cape with a red inside, 'sleeves' and fingered gloves, and he is also wielding Alondite. I'll probably get a download link tomorrow for you all after I tweak him.

EDIT: How in the world I forgot that Zelgius had blue hair, I absolutely do not know. I'll probably fix the hair color to be more correct.
A small piece of advice, although is not obligatory, we have a tendency to not modify weapons colors even in DLC's. Many dislike as it tends to break the consistency of their build.

Last edited:

Fortress

Smash Master
Alrighty, finished up that Ike before I fell asleep last night. Tested him out, and he works just fine. The only thing I don't like is that his hair has some red tinges near the tips, but it's hardly noticeable in front of his (now red) headband. I'll tune it up at some point, I'm sure. I also made some of his darks darker (like his pants), and made Alondite brighter and more silvery.

Click on me to download (Unofficial) Smash 3 Ike: Black Knight variant.

Goes over Ike04 by default, and comes with a CSP and BP. All source maps are included pre-exported for those wanting to toy around with them.

Last edited:

Juken

Smash Ace
I tried to recreate White/Gold/Black and Brown costumes...unfortunately I have problems trying to replace any color with brown, and I failed to make the yellow to look like gold.

The change was not as drastic as the other costumes, the replace is fine for me (I have no problems with actual recolors) but it could be cool if someone else do the job.

Update:

BEFORE
AFTER

Fixed Bowser's hair color.
Could you tell me how you just make your CSPs so easily? As I said in my previous posts, there's many smash 3 styled reskins and other things I want to make CSPs for, but I don't know where to start for posing them and getting them to look as good as yours.

Also can't wait for that red/gold Bowser. My favorite color from Brawl for him.

Last edited:

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
I wouldn't drop the costume completely, just make it however you'd like. It's really great seeing all the custom content from you guys!
I actually made quite a bit of my own content through Smash 3. Unfortunately, Brawl Vault refuses to sync with my e-mail account, so as of now they'll forever be alone in my personal build of Project M. (sigh...) Irregardless, I feel inclined to share what I have done.

A few days ago, I adjusted Zelda's red, blue, and green alts to more closely resemble the golden goddesses Din, Nayru, and Farore. Just some minor touch ups. For example, for her red alt I darkened Zelda's skin to look more tan, changed her hair red, gave her red irises, and changed all her gems to red as well. It came out nicely.

I also replaced her black-and-white alt with a purple-and-black one that resembles Princess Hilda, and it came out well. However, you guys released your gorgeous updates to Zelda, which included your own (and better) interpretation of Hilda, among the other alternate palettes. How bittersweet indeed. Haha

However, I also retextured Dry Bowser to give him a less detailed, but still elegant design in line with the rest of Smash 3, as well as applying your textures for pink Meta Knight and blue Pit to Galacta Knight. With @ Nezha the Scout Nezha the Scout posting his tutorial on rimlighting, they came out beautifully. I am very appreciative of what you guys do. So, thank you. :)

Only if it's Knuckles, with a Pumpkin Hill alternate costume. Make it happen PMBR.
But really, we'll see. We don't have anything planned specifically, but who knows.
A while back I mentioned that the PMBR has hinted about including a new character to Project M within the 3.5 update. As much as I would love it to be Knuckles, there has been a lot of implications on who it is. A while back - on the morning of that Project M Art Tuesday that unveiled Sonic's new colors to resemble Shadow, Silver and Tails - a user (from somewhere I forgot :/ ) Claimed a particular tag-team would appear in 3.5.

:pichumelee:

To help back up his claim, he stated that the PMBR would reveal Sonic's alts later that day. Alas, they did (among Donkey Kong, Toon Link, and Kirby, but still). Also, as a side note, there is an unused character icon for this (these?) character within Project M. Maybe it was put there as a placeholder reference?

I don't know if it's helpful at all to know who it probably is, but it may be something to keep in mind if you ever consider giving this character the "Smash 3" treatment in the future.

Last edited:

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975
So people, I released Bowser and Luigi!

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=206489

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=206488

And before dat I was testing a custom texture on Mario...it made a massive lag on the game, causes the opponent to disappear, and for some weird reason the brown Mario costume becomes glitchy.

Happens on all of the stages o.o

Could you tell me how you just make your CSPs so easily? As I said in my previous posts, there's many smash 3 styled reskins and other things I want to make CSPs for, but I don't know where to start for posing them and getting them to look as good as yours.

Also can't wait for that red/gold Bowser. My favorite color from Brawl for him.
I don't pose the models to make the CSPs, I only replace the colors with the Pixlr online editor.

http://apps.pixlr.com/editor/

Edit: specifically I extract the color from another CSP (in this case vBrawl Bowser CSPs), use the color replace brush with the mode "equal brightness target".

Last edited:

MagicManNo9

A busy man with a busy schedule these days!

Tailsmiles249

Smash Apprentice
Nergal! In my friends' names, I will cut you down!

Last edited:

Azide

Smash Rookie
Hey there guys! I might just be messing up here, but the non-gradient HUD seems to only display the Brawl-styled timer regardless of whether the Brawl or Project M styled files are installed- although the timer seems to be working with the gradient version!

Tailsmiles249

Smash Apprentice
excuse me, but what's wrong with the hair? it looks like a ripped piece of cloth
Yeah, Brawl's textures are weird. They're transparent for her hair but appear filled in ingame. I'm fixing that right now for her render.

Taiko

Smash Ace
Hey there guys! I might just be messing up here, but the non-gradient HUD seems to only display the Brawl-styled timer regardless of whether the Brawl or Project M styled files are installed- although the timer seems to be working with the gradient version!
Sorry about that, I had a feeling we'd miss something from the sheer amount of versions. Fixed the issue, thanks for notifying us!

Hey, guys - I made some Album Art for the Smash games, and I figured I'd let you know, since I used your Lucas render in a couple of them. :p I credited you for it in the OP and linked to this thread. Just wanted you to know so you're not surprised if you come across them.

http://smashboards.com/threads/smash-album-artwork.370702/
Theif!
I'm actually a bit flattered, thanks!

Last edited:

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
It's pretty close, but there's a few things wrong with it.

Horns and spike rings aren't supposed to be black, as well as the black lines in the shell, there should be no black lines.

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Yeah, Brawl's textures are weird. They're transparent for her hair but appear filled in ingame. I'm fixing that right now for her render.
Now, you need to use the Gordo model from King DeDeDe's Side Special and render that as a new Smash 3 character

pls

Breadfrenzy

Smash Rookie
It's pretty close, but there's a few things wrong with it.

Horns and spike rings aren't supposed to be black, as well as the black lines in the shell, there should be no black lines.
I decided to use the black rings over the grey because the gray looked a little too soft for my liking so I piked Black, the black lines are the result of the color layer going over the new smash 3 skin which has pretty dark lines there already. I look forward to seeing the official version though!

Top Bottom