• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975
Yes! Yoshi finally!

Guys, can someone help me, pls? I am working in a special texture, my best work. So can anyone do an Smash 3 texture of the battle damaged Ragnell?

And this is what I am working about:

Hype anyone?

PS: I think I need help with the CSP's, but that can wait.
No hype, no public release.

I was serious. No public release until I made CSP's

Nailed it!

but seriously, what do? I copy pasted Smash3 yoshi's 6 shader's onto the 9 in the mounted file.
Ghost Mario is always there with Yoshi :skull:
Looking forward for the fixed version.

Damonj17

Smash Apprentice
so I forgot to put the edge textures in, and the same effect as before, but now mario's tan instead of silver... yaaaaay. How would I put polygons into other models?

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
I just realized, is there a reason Toon Link doesn't have a wallpaper yet? I'm making colored CSS icons based on your wallpapers to make a Smash 4 esque Smash 3 CSS.

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
so I forgot to put the edge textures in, and the same effect as before, but now mario's tan instead of silver... yaaaaay. How would I put polygons into other models?
Export the mdl0 and any animations/textures associated with it, save them somewhere, and import them onto Smash 3 Yoshi.

You'll probably have to set up rim lighting materials and shaders for Mario as well, but that's what Scout's tutorial is for!
Can't wait to see what you guys do with Samus!
Metroid's Warehouse

Last edited:

Damonj17

Smash Apprentice
how do I import them? It let's me pick objs, but the mario ones I can't choose.

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
I just found within C.Falcon's individual files a "smash3_falcon_css_smash3"... were you guys originally planning on making a custom CSS for Smash 3? The color doesn't match that of his wallpaper though so I'm going to go ahead and make another.

Last edited:

Taiko

Smash Ace
I just found within C.Falcon's individual files a "smash3_falcon_css_smash3"... were you guys originally planning on making a custom CSS for Smash 3? The color doesn't match that of his wallpaper though so I'm going to go ahead and make another.
We left that there? Oops.
We were messing with stuff to go along with the HUD, it never fully developed, but it's not abandoned yet. We just won't go with that background.

As for Toon Link's wallpaper, Toon Link was literally the first character I'd ever rendered using rendering software. He's really outdated, and we didn't have the render anymore when we decided to make wallpapers a thing.

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
Sadly it's another one of those rare occasions where Dedede actually got a monstah to clobba dat dere Kirbeh.
You have to right-click the BRRES and click "import new model", and then select the Mario mdl0 file. Make sure you import the textures as well, otherwise it'll crash if you try to load it in-game.

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
Disregard everything I've said, I just downloaded and took a look at the Mario riding Yoshi mod, and all the polygons are combined into one mdl0 file. You're going to have to manually edit the materials/shaders in order to get the rim lighting to work properly, but it shouldn't be too hard now that Scout has a tutorial for this. And I don't know if you know already, but it has one or more bone edits, so it desyncs Wi-Fi and replays.

Taiko

Smash Ace
When do you guys expect to wrap this up?
There's no estimated finish time, but we'd be aiming to be 100% done before November. Keep in mind a lot of characters won't receive drastic updates, most will just be adjusted colouring and new recolour slots.

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
We left that there? Oops.
We were messing with stuff to go along with the HUD, it never fully developed, but it's not abandoned yet. We just won't go with that background.

As for Toon Link's wallpaper, Toon Link was literally the first character I'd ever rendered using rendering software. He's really outdated, and we didn't have the render anymore when we decided to make wallpapers a thing.
I'm already a third of the way through with the CSS icons, as they're quite simple to do really. Do you guys have a preference with what I do with them once I'm finished? I could send them to you guys if you wanted to do like a beta CSS before you touch up on or finish yours. I'll also keep them to myself if need be and not share them with other members if you guys would prefer that.

And that's cool and sad to hear about Toon Link. I look forward to when you guys update him, which I'll go out on a limb and say it'll probably be pretty soon.

Last edited:

TheTTimeLives

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, quick troubleshooting question.

Replacing the original project m pf folder with the smash 3 pf folder from the project m download for this texture pack (and the last couple) keeps messing up my game. The text on the boot screen before it brings you to the screen that you select to play the game has text of which I believe is from an older version of pm. When the game uploads, the old fasten your wrist strap, old intro and old menus aside from the versus screen appear. Than the game crashes after the character intros on any stage that hasn't been changed since brawl (if the stage has been changed, the game just crashes.)

Also, can I use an SD card other than a 2 GB for this? I just broke off the stupid slider for the old card I've been using, unfortunately in the locked position.

What went wrong?

Taiko

Smash Ace
I'm already a third of the way through with the CSS icons, as they're quite simple to do really. Do you guys have a preference with what I do with them once I'm finished? I could send them to you guys if you wanted to do like a beta CSS before you touch up on or finish yours. I'll also keep them to myself if need be and not share them with other members if you guys would prefer that.

And that's cool and sad to hear about Toon Link. I look forward to when you guys update him, which I'll go out on a limb and say it'll probably be pretty soon.
You can do whatever you'd want to with them, they are your icons after all!

Hey guys, quick troubleshooting question.

Replacing the original project m pf folder with the smash 3 pf folder from the project m download for this texture pack (and the last couple) keeps messing up my game. The text on the boot screen before it brings you to the screen that you select to play the game has text of which I believe is from an older version of pm. When the game uploads, the old fasten your wrist strap, old intro and old menus aside from the versus screen appear. Than the game crashes after the character intros on any stage that hasn't been changed since brawl (if the stage has been changed, the game just crashes.)

Also, can I use an SD card other than a 2 GB for this? I just broke off the stupid slider for the old card I've been using, unfortunately in the locked position.

What went wrong?
Does it load default P:M as well? This will work anywhere mods work.

That explains why Dark Toon Link looks like he's wearing lipstick lol.
Sorta, we kept his mouth open to be consistent. In Brawl, they closed his mouth for that one costume. Not making that mistake again!

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Smash 3 team please. You're killing me here. Every time i want to play Project M, you update. But you guys are awesome and this project has been awesome from the start.

Last edited:

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975
@ Fortress Fortress your Alondite texture is good, if you don't mind is gonna be a option for my Ike. Gonna give you credits of course (in KC-MM).

Trophy method, BrawlBox screenshot and Pixlr. These are not as perfects as the official Smash 3 CSP's but is a good start.

Full BrawlBox screenshot:

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Taiko, just an observation here, but i just noticed that certain recolor backgrounds are purple to represent Project M replacements while just extras are green (nice little detail btw, i thought it was really neat!). The weird thing is Pit has both his extra recolors to be in Project M replacement background, yet they had only revealed one alt costume for him. The same is true for Sheik/Zelda and G&W. Are you guys hinting at us?

(PS: I knew about Ganon already because he has 4 stock icons extra)

Last edited:

TheTTimeLives

Smash Cadet
You can do whatever you'd want to with them, they are your icons after all!

Does it load default P:M as well? This will work anywhere mods work.

Sorta, we kept his mouth open to be consistent. In Brawl, they closed his mouth for that one costume. Not making that mistake again!

Yea it loads the current version of PM completely fine until I replace that folder with the pm folder from the Project M pack. Than it gives me all the weird new loading screen stuff, the menu failures on the screens leading up to the versus menu and than the crashing that I spoke on earlier.

Is it possible that I have some old hidden data on my card that is causing this? Any suggestions based on what's crashing (which is kind of everything...)

Taiko

Smash Ace
Smash 3 team please. You're killing me here. Every time i want to play Project M, you update. But you guys are awesome and this project has been awesome from the start.
Taiko, just an observation here, but i just noticed that certain recolor backgrounds are purple to represent Project M replacements while just extras are green (nice little detail btw, i thought it was really neat!). The weird thing is Pit has both his extra recolors to be in Project M replacement background, yet they had only revealed one alt costume for him. The same is true for Sheik/Zelda and G&W. Are you guys hinting at us?

(PS: I knew about Ganon already because he has 4 stock icons extra)
Thanks! Don't know if it was "awesome" from the start *looks at older characters* but it's been fun to work on this!
They could be hints. Or anticipations. Or both.

@ Fortress Fortress your Alondite texture is good, if you don't mind is gonna be a option for my Ike. Gonna give you credits of course (in KC-MM).

Trophy method, BrawlBox screenshot and Pixlr. These are not as perfects as the official Smash 3 CSP's but is a good start.

Full BrawlBox screenshot:

Nice, would you be able to edit the marks onto our CSP? Then you'd have things matching up nicely.

Yea it loads the current version of PM completely fine until I replace that folder with the pm folder from the Project M pack. Than it gives me all the weird new loading screen stuff, the menu failures on the screens leading up to the versus menu and than the crashing that I spoke on earlier.

Is it possible that I have some old hidden data on my card that is causing this? Any suggestions based on what's crashing (which is kind of everything...)
That's very weird, how are you loading this? It sounds sorta like when you load Brawl on a larger SD without the SDHC code, it just doesn't load the menu stuff (loads default Brawl menu) and then crashes upon selecting a stage. That shouldn't happen though, since I thought P:M added the SDHC code.

TheTTimeLives

Smash Cadet
Thanks! Don't know if it was "awesome" from the start *looks at older characters* but it's been fun to work on this!
They could be hints. Or anticipations. Or both.

Nice, would you be able to edit the marks onto our CSP? Then you'd have things matching up nicely.

That's very weird, how are you loading this? It sounds sorta like when you load Brawl on a larger SD without the SDHC code, it just doesn't load the menu stuff (loads default Brawl menu) and then crashes upon selecting a stage. That shouldn't happen though, since I thought P:M added the SDHC code.
I'm just using the hackless wii fullset on a regular 2GB SD card, but it is one I've used extensively in the past. Than I just drag the pm folder for smash 3 into the project m folder for smash 3 and it I check replace all and it takes awhile and then messes up when i try to boot it.

Maybe there are some files we could look at to re-write back to the old project m files based on what we know isn't booting correctly?
(basically everything except for the vs menu and the intro on stages that haven't changed.)

EDIT:

Just tried again with a fresh SD card and just straight deleted and then replaced the pf file. I guess i was wrong about the start up text being wrong but the menus/intro are still broke and the game still crashes in the way previously described. There's gotta be something wrong within the pf files that is changed that is causing this, as this is the only variable.

Last edited:

TheTTimeLives

Smash Cadet
Sorry for all the posts but got it running.

I love Bowser's new model, but his left facing pose looks a little weird with his lighter skin textures. You can clearly see how awkward the original Brawl modeling looked from that side. Also, the rim of the shell looks a little meh, like it's too white all over and somewhat reminds of a brawl vault import. But his face is godlike, and everything else aside from those points looks really good.

Also, I guess you released a quick sword trail change for some characters and I dunno how much I like Roy and Ike's trail changes. I think the older release you did looked better, especially Roy's.

Also makes me sad not to see Dry Bones there :( . Hopefully that's one of the ones you decide to texture for the wrap up.

Sonic, Ganondorf, Zelda, Lucas and Wario look freakishly good though. Ganondorf's textures look so good I feel like I'm playing a different game...

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
Ignore this post. I posted a potential solution to a problem that was already fixed. Whoops!

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Not to bother you guys, but Bowser's left eye texture is a bit glitchy, ON ALL STAGES.

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
I've been finished with the CSS icons for a while now but I had a couple kinks I had to work out in my build and I've been playing Smash 4 so I haven't had the time to post a screen shot. Every character that hasn't been released yet is temporarily using SJS's CSS icons and I also have the S4 Samus and SJS's ZSS installed as well.
Sorry for the cruddy phone quality, I was playing on my tv downstairs and my capture card was upstairs.

Last edited:

DexstarGAMER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DexstarGAMER
Hey, i have a little problem about the common 5 stuff...
When i start the game and go to "Fight!" it just freezes, and i know it isn´t your problem, and it is not your fault, but i´m asking you guys because you probably know how to handle that type of things.
I also tried the ExtendedLZ77, but it doesn´t works (or i done it wrong), so can you explain me that please???

Top Bottom