• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Obskore

Smash Ace
I've been finished with the CSS icons for a while now but I had a couple kinks I had to work out in my build and I've been playing Smash 4 so I haven't had the time to post a screen shot. Every character that hasn't been released yet is temporarily using SJS's CSS icons and I also have the S4 Samus and SJS's ZSS installed as well.
Sorry for the cruddy phone quality, I was playing on my tv downstairs and my capture card was upstairs.
uh, am i the only one who can't see that image?

Cahalan

Smash Ace
I'm not seeing it
In smash mode, put the camera and zoom in on bowser's right eye, you'll notice the textures on the eye conflict only on this eye, the other one seems to be fine. There's a similar glitch on Sonic only on both eyes. Other than these two texture glitches (albeit very minor and hard to spot) everything else seems to be fine, unless you're still having trouble with Pit's eyes, in which case you apply a "delfino stage" to each shader that was rim-lit.

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Looking at all the glitches...

I can conclude that we would be horrible at eye surgery. I knew surgeon simulator wasn't enough training.
It's okay, it must be either a texture flub or a rim light glitch, because looking from the front it's alright, but from the side it glitches. Its also the same on sonic.

Speaking of sonic

Last edited:

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
I might put them up for DL. You'd have to put them in yourself via BB or Costume Manager or whatever program you prefer. But they seem a little too bright with the default PM background. I might try it out with the grid theme background and see if that balances it out a bit. I'll have to edit my random icon to match the new theme though.

Halcreix

Smash Cadet
I see, you were talking about that, I noticed it too, but since it doesn't look so "bad", like Sonic's "multicolored eye" glitch, eyeless Falco/Fox and "no eye movement" Pit, I thougt this one was because of the polygons and not the texture/rim.

I can live with that :p

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
I see, you were talking about that, I noticed it too, but since it doesn't look so "bad", like Sonic's "multicolored eye" glitch, eyeless Falco/Fox and "no eye movement" Pit, I thougt this one was because of the polygons and not the texture/rim.

I can live with that :p
Yeah I wonder what causes this, but hopefully by the time they release everyone else, this'll get fixed too.

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike
So thanks to Edel's amazing rimlighting tutorial (thanks again for the additional help by the way!), I've now finished two more alternate costumes. They aren't of the same quality of the official Smash 3 material, but I'm more than happy with how they look. Check them out!

Here is an edit of Shun_One's Awakening Marth, who borrows a few elements from Smash 3 Shadow Dragon Marth's textures (the face, eyes, hair, and sword)

And after making a few adjustments to some shaders that were giving me trouble, Dr. Mario is rimlit and ready for some more house calls! Really happy with how well this one came out given all the scrutinizing it took :D

If there's enough interest, and if it's okay with the Smash 3 team (I'll make sure to list it as unofficial and give proper credit), I'll eventually get them uploaded to Brawl Vault :D

Antonio Garcia

Smash Cadet
Mach5Mike said:
So thanks to Edel's amazing rimlighting tutorial (thanks again for the additional help by the way!), I've now finished two more alternate costumes. They aren't of the same quality of the official Smash 3 material, but I'm more than happy with how they look. Check them out!

Here is an edit of Shun_One's Awakening Marth, who borrows a few elements from Smash 3 Shadow Dragon Marth's textures (the face, eyes, hair, and sword)

And after making a few adjustments to some shaders that were giving me trouble, Dr. Mario is rimlit and ready for some more house calls! Really happy with how well this one came out given all the scrutinizing it took :D

If there's enough interest, and if it's okay with the Smash 3 team (I'll make sure to list it as unofficial and give proper credit), I'll eventually get them uploaded to Brawl Vault :D
Those look amazing!, can't wait till their on the vault!

Satan-

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3969-6402-0771

That awakening Marth looks so good. Hopefully there will be a Smash 3 CSP to go along with it.

Again, it looks fantastic, good job.

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
Can't wait for :wolf: and :samus2:. I really hope Wolf's CSP is him making a pose like the one from his Command bio.

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Well it's been kinda a lull, so I thought I might brighten y'all's day.

Last edited:

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975
Updated Smash 3 Jiggs It's gonna have Smash 4 eyes? She looks so much better, kawaii eyes 4 DA WIN

NESs, ba dum tss

Random idea. Ignore the bad quality of the CSP, gonna fix when the texture is done

Last edited:

Tailsmiles249

Smash Apprentice
"Our quest is almost over. I...don't know how I'm going to tell Mom about this... But sorrow can wait. We've got to light the beacon."

Last edited:

Obskore

Smash Ace
"Our quest is almost over. I...don't know how I'm going to tell Mom about this... But sorrow can wait. We've got to light the beacon."

that somewhat reminds me of FFVII's Cloud, maybe it's the blockiness of the model
but nevertheless, the rendering totally resembles that of official Brawl ones, it's really good

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975
Smash 3 Chrom Ike is finished, CSPs and public release tomorrow:

I use Codex's Chrom Ike, dat means so much names to credit for lol. I put my owns edits too, like Falchion themed Ragnell, black clothes instead of blue, more vibrant colors, Naga's mark on the cape etc.

Updated cape for Robin Ike tomorrow too.

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738

Oh Isaac, how much I want you in Smash Bros. Perhaps Camelot will produce an amazing Golden Sun title that is so fantastic, Sakurai will have to put him in the next installment. I can dream, can't I?

Halcreix

Smash Cadet

This post makes me so joyous and sad at the same time. Golden Sun is one of my favorite RPG's of all (tough "Dark Dawn" was good and bad at the same time IMO), I really wanted to see Issac or Matthew in the New Smash Bros. (My last hope lies in the "famous" Amiibo figures), I'm kinda disappointed, but this render is just awesome!

Tailsmiles249

Smash Apprentice
Hello again, I have a bit of a small bit of info I'd like to share with you all. As you may know by now, the Project M Dev Team is doing recolors in for alternate costumes for several characters. As such, the Smash 3 Team decided to fill in those slots with recolors of the standard Brawl models since we won't be doing (most) alts. Some of the new recolors we've done have either been revamped versions of the originals, Smash 4 recolors, or our own original recolors in reference to something. In regards to some of the original recolors we've done, I'd like to share two I've done. Some of you may have noticed Fox and Falco have different colored blasters on their alternate blue and green recolors respectively. So what are they based on?

Fox's second blue recolor is based off Gunvolt from "Azure Striker Gunvolt." This game came out on the eShop for the 3DS and can be compared to the Mega Man Zero/ZX series in terms of gameplay. I love the game so much that at the time of release I wanted to make a recolor based off him. Fox was a perfect fit and we were working on his update at the time. Fox's original blue was more purple than a distinct blue so there need to be an alternative. The Blue for Fox's blaster is in reference to the blue effects from Gunvolt's pistol.

Falco's second green recolor references Lie Ren from the anime inspired web series, RWBY. RWBY has a great range of charcters with carefully selected color schemes. The original green we had for Falco was too similar to his first green recolor. The light green and pink color scheme of Lie Ren gave good variety to his recolor. The green on his blaster reflects Lie Ren's main weapons.

It's the little things in design that brings out a deeper meaning. I hope you enjoyed this little segment and expect to see more from us later.

Last edited:

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
I got a question to ask, how did you guys get CMPR textures to appear on Biker Wario? When I tried editing textures for him, they didn't display properly since I didn't save the textures as CI8.

Thanks in advance.

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
I got a question to ask, how did you guys get CMPR textures to appear on Biker Wario? When I tried editing textures for him, they didn't display properly since I didn't save the textures as CI8.

Thanks in advance.
It was hell, I tell you that. I tried retexturing Wario Ware 28 times due to the limitations the model had given us... it was until an angel gave the model the fix it so desperately needed. I had begun working with Wario since I joined the smash 3 team as my first retexture attempt. Last year I recall?

I dubbed it the C18 error, I cringe in anger by just remembering the attempts.

But thats a DEV history right now, they know how much I cried. hahahah!

Last edited:

Halcreix

Smash Cadet
It was hell, I tell you that. I tried retexturing Wario Ware 28 times due to the limitations the model had given us... it was until an angel gave the model the fix it so desperately needed. I had begun working with Wario since I joined the smash 3 team as my first retexture attempt. Last year I recall?

I dubbed it the C18 error, I cringe in anger by just remembering the attepmts.

But thats a DEV history right now, they know how much I cried. hahahah!
"Wario Ware" Wario: Maximum trolling.

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975
So, I was reading Scout's tutorial to make this:

Perhaps I make CSPs...another day...

Edit: another Ike texture today, yay. Is based of our favorite Assassin. It's a remake of an old hack.

Red iris, Baselard
themed Ragnell and scarf. Volke colors are too dark that's why I put silver/white lines.

Next edit with download links.

Edit 2: Volke http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=206569
Lord http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=206561

Edit 3: You think I have a problem?

Priam Ike, surprised no one has done dat yet.

Last edited:

Tailsmiles249

Smash Apprentice
Double feature from me today!

Wait... Emil isn't in Brawl...

DexstarGAMER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DexstarGAMER
Double feature from me today!

Wait... Emil isn't in Brawl...
I don´t understand, what is this????
Although it looks epic!

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
The first render is the protagonist from Tales of Symphonia 2, the second render is of Krystal the fox from Star Fox adventure.

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
smash 3 art style tutorial when?
Being human is hard sometimes.

Homework to work with...
To-do lists to complete...
Society norms that needs to be listened to...
Family business...
Health business...
Business businesses...
Anime to watch...
Characters to texture...
Smashballs to break...
TF2 to hats...

Taiko is planning (or he's already preparing) a tutorial that explains how we texture... that takes some time you know.

But sit tight guys, I now this wait will very worth it!

Top Bottom