• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Durnehviir

Smash Apprentice
sorry about this but how do i get the additional costumes in it? is it the same way?

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
sorry about this but how do i get the additional costumes in it? is it the same way?
You'll have to replace an existing costume with one of the additional costumes. It's essentially the same process, but you'll have to manually insert the menu interface elements. You'll need to consult several online guides if you've never done this before.

Start here

Taiko

Smash Ace
Probably the most requested Additional Costume. I was supposed to post it up a few days ago, but I forgot to, so here you go!

Kurukato87

Smash Apprentice
Whatever happened to Captain Falcon? You guys had a preview with him and Luigi a while back, any work been done on him since then?

Edit: Never mind, I just looked at the Tumblr, Captain Falcon is looking good though.

Last edited:

210stuna

Smash Lord
Is the Tumbler link on the first page?

Also great work guys! I'm loving this project more and more as it grows. May I ask what the number of team members are included in the mix now?

EDIT: Never mindI just read the message inside "The Pack" for the downloaders, thank you.

Last edited:

Shredagaze

Smash Rookie
I have a question. Firstly, I tried downloading Marth (who looks awesome! big ups to you guys) but when i add the files to his character folder it doesnt change the appearence (project M 3.02). Is there any way someone could tell me how to do this properly?

Also does this marth go off brawls movesets? Does his sword go back to the length it was in brawl?

-Thank you

Taiko

Smash Ace
Whatever happened to Captain Falcon? You guys had a preview with him and Luigi a while back, any work been done on him since then?
We kept finding issues with him, delaying him. He should be soon-ish, though.
Is the Tumbler link on the first page?
Good idea, it is now!
I have a question. Firstly, I tried downloading Marth (who looks awesome! big ups to you guys) but when i add the files to his character folder it doesnt change the appearence (project M 3.02). Is there any way someone could tell me how to do this properly?

Also does this marth go off brawls movesets? Does his sword go back to the length it was in brawl?

-Thank you
That's odd. If you're running ProjectM, there should be a few files named something like "FitMarth.pac", make sure you're putting the files there.
We've included both Project M and Brawl versions for the sword slashes, and his sword is the same length as whichever you're playing. It'll be exactly the same as ProjectM's if you use the Project M version.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776

-Thank you
Well, their are two separate files for the Smash 3 project. One supplies the appropriate folders and files for Brawl, the other for Project M. The Project M folder will supply you with the necessary Marth files, which DO NOT change anything relative to his actual moveset. Brawl Marth is not going to fit in well within Project M, so I recommend that you find the appropriate "FitMarth" file, which contains his Project M assets, attributes etc, with the exception of the Smash 3 Project Graphic Effects. :3

Now, you mentioned that you wished to replace his portraits, but those are not held within the Smash 3 Marth folder, Project M or otherwise. Those are held within the Common5 file. The Download should include a nice, sleek Common5 file with every characters' portraits pre-installed. My best recommendation is to download the Project M set, find the "projectm" folder (All lower case), and drag and drop it upon your SD card. This will give you the current set in it's entirety.

Edit: Taiko beat me to it. :p

210stuna

Smash Lord
Now a question/concern: (This is regarding the individual character downloads, because for some reason "The Pack" won't download for me) Why do some character downloads include their Project:M alternative costumes like Pikachu, Jiggs, Olimar, etc; but for Mario, and Fox, etc; they are not included?

EDIT: Tumblr link is broken, and...and I lost my train of thought.

Last edited:

Shredagaze

Smash Rookie
We kept finding issues with him, delaying him. He should be soon-ish, though.

Good idea, it is now!

That's odd. If you're running ProjectM, there should be a few files named something like "FitMarth.pac", make sure you're putting the files there.
We've included both Project M and Brawl versions for the sword slashes, and his sword is the same length as whichever you're playing. It'll be exactly the same as ProjectM's if you use the Project M version.
Well, their are two separate files for the Smash 3 project. One supplies the appropriate folders and files for Brawl, the other for Project M. The Project M folder will supply you with the necessary Marth files, which DO NOT change anything relative to his actual moveset. Brawl Marth is not going to fit in well within Project M, so I recommend that you find the appropriate "FitMarth" file, which contains his Project M assets, attributes etc, with the exception of the Smash 3 Project Graphic Effects. :3

Now, you mentioned that you wished to replace his portraits, but those are not held within the Smash 3 Marth folder, Project M or otherwise. Those are held within the Common5 file. The Download should include a nice, sleek Common5 file with every characters' portraits pre-installed. My best recommendation is to download the Project M set, find the "projectm" folder (All lower case), and drag and drop it upon your SD card. This will give you the current set in it's entirety.

Edit: Taiko beat me to it. :p

I dont know how to quote you and Taiko at once but thanks to both of you very much! I must've downloaded the brawl file because it replaced Maths moveset to brawl while i was playing Project M. If its not to much trouble can someone link me to the set download since i might as well replace all the charcaters available instead of just one. Also i didn't quite understand to well about how to add the set to the sd card. Is it as easy as just placing it onto the sd card or do i have to replace anything? Thanks for all the help

Nvm i found the download for the pack But i still need help on how to apply it to the sd card

Last edited:

Taiko

Smash Ace
Now a question/concern: (This is regarding the individual character downloads, because for some reason "The Pack" won't download for me) Why do some character downloads include their Project:M alternative costumes like Pikachu, Jiggs, Olimar, etc; but for Mario, and Fox, etc; they are not included?

We just included Pikachu, Jiggs, and Olimar's costumes because they were easy enough to do. The other costumes need a lot more work than those, so we'll get to them at a later date.
And thanks for pointing that out, the link's been fixed.
Nvm i found the download for the pack But i still need help on how to apply it to the sd card
Drag and drop the "projectm" folder onto the root of your SD, and it should work.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one

Short answer: Because the Project M costumes for those characters are not done. When they are, we'll add them.

Taco'd.

Veishi336

Smash Journeyman
One small question. Did you all add anything to the movement of marth's new clothes. Like the flaps of his top...Would you have to add bones to it to make it move?

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
One small question. Did you all add anything to the movement of marth's new clothes. Like the flaps of his top...Would you have to add bones to it to make it move?
You mean the bottom right? Yes, we'd have to add some bones but that would make it not safe for Wi-fi which is a big "no" for us. You'll note that the flaps on the back move though, and you can thank one of our riggers, IWantGames for that.

Veishi336

Smash Journeyman
You mean the bottom right? Yes, we'd have to add some bones but that would make it not safe for Wi-fi which is a big "no" for us. You'll note that the flaps on the back move though, and you can thank one of our riggers, IWantGames for that.
Sweet! I'm very excited to try out that marth and your other character texture changes. Great job! btw thank you for the swift reply.

210stuna

Smash Lord
Hello again, I have noticed something regarding the same factors as before. This time it is directed at the individual Link download, specifically the DLC for the Purple and Black Link. In the OP everyone's DLC pose shown in their preview correlates with the rest of their Smash 3 poses, except for Link (I'm assuming it is also directed at the Luigi DLC, but I have not downloaded so I do not know for sure). This is me being nit picky, but the real problems stems from inside the download when you peep inside the files for Link he has a different (older?) CSP for those two colors and they do not match the new Smash 3 pose.

Taiko

Smash Ace

This was another favourite from before, so we've decided to "officially" update it.

People wishing to make their own Mario recolours will also be happy when they look in Mario's section in the OP!

Hello again, I have noticed something regarding the same factors as before. This time it is directed at the individual Link download, specifically the DLC for the Purple and Black Link. In the OP everyone's DLC pose shown in their preview correlates with the rest of their Smash 3 poses, except for Link (I'm assuming it is also directed at the Luigi DLC, but I have not downloaded so I do not know for sure). This is me being nit picky, but the real problems stems from inside the download when you peep inside the files for Link he has a different (older?) CSP for those two colors and they do not match the new Smash 3 pose.
Thanks, we'll get to those soon. Shun may have secretly beaten me to it, but the textures might still be the old ones as well.

Loachy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Loachy
3DS FC
3780-9091-2349
How come when I try putting in CSPs, the colors get all messed up?

Attachments

Taiko

Smash Ace
How come when I try putting in CSPs, the colors get all messed up?
What Galaga said. That, or you're using an older version of BrawlBox, because on my end, I've got these settings:

Taiko

Smash Ace
The OP has been updated with Jigglypuff, Pikachu, Olimar, Zelda, and Sheik's PSDs.

In addition, we've added stocks to Marth's pack and individual downloads. Have fun!

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
I am having no luck on being able to change CSPs with any of the images on my Project M. I'm just not experienced with using Brawl Box. :( I sure would like to change the character's images to reflect the new Smash 3 textures...

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
I am having no luck on being able to change CSPs with any of the images on my Project M. I'm just not experienced with using Brawl Box. :( I sure would like to change the character's images to reflect the new Smash 3 textures...
This file is included in the pack download, but it has all the CSPs preinstalled into a common5 for Project M.

Download

Layell

Smash Journeyman
Everything in here is absolutely fantastic, loving the extra costumes.

Now if a full cBliss download was released one day that would fulfill my every dream.

Taiko

Smash Ace
Everything in here is absolutely fantastic, loving the extra costumes.

Now if a full cBliss download was released one day that would fulfill my every dream.
We used to do that, but scrapped due to the sheer amount of time it takes to come up with a unique colour scheme, test it, and render it. That, and with Project M having full costumes, we'd rather shift our focus there and on other characters.
For the time being though, feel free to use the recolour PSDs to make your own. We'd love to see what the community can come up with!

Last edited:

Paradoxium

Smash Master
ill download this when all of the textures are released, because it's kind of odd having a smash 4 character fighting a regular brawl one. Any estimate on when this might be finished?

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
Any estimate on when this might be finished?
Tomorrow in Brawl vault

No but seriously, we have no set estimate as we don't want to feel obligated to hit a deadline. last time we shot for an internal deadline, we met it by the skin of our teeth, which is kinda stressful on our team as a whole

As far as future updates, we've kinda gotten a bit more ambitious as a project as a whole... I for instance have started work on "Alt costumes" of sorts as well as am working on some designs for characters not shown yet. As far as the project as a whole, you can say it's kinda been "rebooted". While the original intention of making characters "fit" more is still in place, we have also strived for higher quality, and more content over all.

Please understand and keep the hype alive, we will be done when we are done (which could be awhile)

fatman667

Smash Journeyman
Hey, just wanted to leave this here and I didn't know where to leave my small work. I really appreciate you having the source as .psd so it was much easier to create this costume I made for white Marth. I love the Sigurd colors of white Marth more (they should've used those colors in Melee and Brawl over his current colors), but Leif should have a bit of love too for only one fact.... he was the only lord without blue hair. I guess he became an amazing unit once he promotes in Genealogy of the Holy Wars though. So I took the liberty to make Lord Leif Cosplay Marth, so he has brown hair and brown eyes and everything. If your familiar with the Melee and Brawl white Marth, these are basically the same colors sorta with a hair and eye change. I'll probably just make one with Marth's normal eye and hair colors though. CSPs may be a little funky too and I never got a chance to test them on my Wii yet. Hope you all enjoy. To download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zzbka5vv2uwcdgv/Leif DLC.zip

Screenshots (rendered in Dolphin and it worked fine on the Wii last time I checked):

Fortress

Smash Master
Very excellent work, Taiko and Co. I'm using most of these myself, and love the Mario/Weegee colors. Any chance that the Link colors will be tweaked in the future so that the Hylian Shield will have its normal coloration across color swaps? I mean, obviously it's not a big deal at all, but I thought I'd at least ask.

BelmontSlayer

Smash Cadet
I love your costumes. If I may though, I feel Link would look better if his pants were white instead of brown. It'd also help that "less realistic, more Nintendo-y" feel your skins are going for.

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
I love your costumes. If I may though, I feel Link would look better if his pants were white instead of brown. It'd also help that "less realistic, more Nintendo-y" feel your skins are going for.
The pants were kept with the brown tinge because both the Twilight Princess design and Brawl design have pants with a brown tinge. Even the Smash Wii U design has pants with a brown tinge, albeit very faintly.

Last edited:

Taiko

Smash Ace
Very excellent work, Taiko and Co. I'm using most of these myself, and love the Mario/Weegee colors. Any chance that the Link colors will be tweaked in the future so that the Hylian Shield will have its normal coloration across color swaps? I mean, obviously it's not a big deal at all, but I thought I'd at least ask.
Thanks for the comments! As for the Hylian Shield, it's not likely we'll do it "officially" since they help with team colouring, but it shouldn't be too hard with image editing software.
We were basing Link off his more recent designs, as Xeno said. Brawl, Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword, and Smash 4 all have a slight brown to them, so we've kept that here. When we get around to the Ocarina of Time costume though, we'll be sure to have them white there.

Last edited:

BelmontSlayer

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the comments! As for the Hylian Shield, it's not likely we'll do it "officially" since they help with team colouring, but it shouldn't be too hard with image editing software.

We were basing Link off his more recent designs, as Xeno said. Brawl, Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword, and Smash 4 all have a slight brown to them, so we've kept that here. When we get around to the Ocarina of Time costume though, we'll be sure to have them white there.
Cool, I didn't know you guys were going to do an OoT costume. Color me excited.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
Cool, I didn't know you guys were going to do an OoT costume. Color me excited.
Well, they are just working on the OoT Link alt costume that Project M has. It would be interesting to see how that they go about that one since the only thing that I find wrong about it is that Link's mouth doesn't freaking move unlike Melee Fox and Melee Falco... Way to go, PMBR... -_-

Top Bottom