• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Second Best Wario Ware Employee: Mona for SSB4 (It's Been An Honor Serving Hot Slices Until Now)

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
...guys, what if, while doing the contracting for third parties in Smash Bros., they also did contracting for those characters in Mario Kart 8?

Sonic, Mega Man and maybe Snake and Pac-Man all playable. That would make my life (since I've never played GP and really want to play as Pac-Man in Mario Kart). I'm not sure if Snake fits the Mario Kart style (he fits in Smash fine, but it might be pushing it to have him in Mario Kart), though.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
...Huh, I did NOT know Pac-Man was in Mario Kart.

And yeah, we should probably get back on topic.
The Mario Kart Arcade series is made by both Nintendo and Bandai-Namco (since Bandai-Namco has a lot of experience with arcade games). I believe that Bandai-Namco characters that have gotten in throughout the series include Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, Blinky, Mr. Driller (Dig Dug's son and successor), and one character that I don't remember the name of from one of their arcade titles.

EDIT: Darn it. Sorry about the double post. I thought I saw another post in this thread, but I was looking at the wrong one.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
*uses a fishing rod to get back on topic*

So about Mona, and the Wario serie, how would you like to see her represent WarioWare, while Wario represent WarioLand?

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
*uses a fishing rod to get back on topic*

So about Mona, and the Wario serie, how would you like to see her represent WarioWare, while Wario represent WarioLand?
I would like to see her have moves based on different micro games, like people have been mentioning before, while also having moves that involves her occupations and animal buddies. Since Mona will cover more of the Wario Ware series that means Wario's move-set can have a bit of changes to fit the Wario Land games and hopefully smother animations like an actual running animation X3

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I would like to see her have moves based on different micro games, like people have been mentioning before, while also having moves that involves her occupations and animal buddies. Since Mona will cover more of the Wario Ware series that means Wario's move-set can have a bit of changes to fit the Wario Land games and hopefully smother animations like an actual running animation X3
Wario's animations are quite a shame in Brawl, especially considering the last WarioWare game at this time was "Smooth Moves" :troll:
I think he should trade his bike with his trademark shoulder rush. This would also help balancing, as he his a heavy character with a too good recovery if you ask me. And he can have a ground pound as a Down Aerial, similar to Sheik or Zero Suit Samus down Aerial works.

And this allow Mona to have her scooter without having a cloned move from Wario! :awesome:

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
Wario's animations are quite a shame in Brawl, especially considering the last WarioWare game at this time was "Smooth Moves" :troll:
I think he should trade his bike with his trademark shoulder rush. This would also help balancing, as he his a heavy character with a too good recovery if you ask me. And he can have a ground pound as a Down Aerial, similar to Sheik or Zero Suit Samus down Aerial works.

And this allow Mona to have her scooter without having a cloned move from Wario! :awesome:
If anyone ever played Super Smash Flash 2 they have a pretty fitting move-set for Wario there.
Also I'm sure Wario's animations in brawl were purposely jerky because . . . I don't know.

Anyway Mona having her scooter would be a better fit because I would assume she would be a one of the lighter mid-weight characters and that would make a good horizontal recovery.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If anyone ever played Super Smash Flash 2 they have a pretty fitting move-set for Wario there.
Also I'm sure Wario's animations in brawl were purposely jerky because . . . I don't know.

Anyway Mona having her scooter would be a better fit because I would assume she would be a one of the lighter mid-weight characters and that would make a good horizontal recovery.
I believe his animations were jerky because it was to parody how choppy running was in the GBA WarioWare.

I am open for the fat man having more Wario Land techniques since he has many options to choose from. The bike and spinning headbutt can go, but his fart and other moves can stay. Mona herself can easily represent WarioWare with weirder attacks that represent her similarly weird microgames.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Bump!

With Little Mac and Charizard/Greninja trailer, I had the perfect idea for a Mona trailer. (according to me :troll:)

It MUST be in Warioware style, where we see Wario slacking off on his couch as usual, playing Brawl (must have a "Wario joins the battle" screen while picking his nose :troll:) Similar to the Villager, he receive a letter for Smash 4, and panics as he is late. He hurry out his house to get on his bike, but gets nearly knocked over by Mona, going really fast. We then have a close up of Mona's face on her scooter, and then gameplay :awesome:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Bump!

With Little Mac and Charizard/Greninja trailer, I had the perfect idea for a Mona trailer. (according to me :troll:)

It MUST be in Warioware style, where we see Wario slacking off on his couch as usual, playing Brawl (must have a "Wario joins the battle" screen while picking his nose :troll:) Similar to the Villager, he receive a letter for Smash 4, and panics as he is late. He hurry out his house to get on his bike, but gets nearly knocked over by Mona, going really fast. We then have a close up of Mona's face on her scooter, and then gameplay :awesome:
A dual reveal trailer of such hilarity would be amazing. We need more reveals like that anyway.

If I'm not already on the support list, add me please.
Finished.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
A dual reveal trailer of such hilarity would be amazing. We need more reveals like that anyway.
We absolutely need an hilarous, stupid trailer for those two. Whatever it is.

On a side note, the fact we still haven't seen Wario makes me hope that his moveset and animations will be revised, similar to Bowser, Pit, Luigi, DK, Yoshi, ect. And if that mean we have a dual reveal trailer for Wario and Mona, it's cool :awesome:

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
Well I'm pretty happy to Mona was safe after the direct and all its deconfirmations. A double reveal trailer for Mona and Wario dose sound like a fun idea with plently of possibilites of how it will go.

Lets just keep hope for E3 :3

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
We absolutely need an hilarous, stupid trailer for those two. Whatever it is.

On a side note, the fact we still haven't seen Wario makes me hope that his moveset and animations will be revised, similar to Bowser, Pit, Luigi, DK, Yoshi, ect. And if that mean we have a dual reveal trailer for Wario and Mona, it's cool :awesome:
No more choppy frames period. Sure it references the first WarioWare's questional animations, but seeing Wario like that was horrendous. Just imagine how awful it would be if Mona had the same issue.

A Wario x Mona reveal would be cool. Now to wait for Mario Kart 8's full roster.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
No more choppy frames period. Sure it references the first WarioWare's questional animations, but seeing Wario like that was horrendous. Just imagine how awful it would be if Mona had the same issue.

A Wario x Mona reveal would be cool. Now to wait for Mario Kart 8's full roster.
The problem with Brawl is that WarioLand isn't referenced at all (well, the side smash, at least...). I'm still hoping for Wario being the WL rep and Ashley Mona the WW rep.

Also, we need this battle to happen :awesome:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Syrup vs. Mona would be interesting if you put it that way, E&H. Wario would the luckiest ******* alive to see this. :awesome:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Syrup vs. Mona would be interesting if you put it that way, E&H. Wario would the luckiest ******* alive to see this. :awesome:
Well, Wario is surrounded by womens. Syrup, Shokora, Merelda, Mona, the Monettes, Kat & Ana, Ashley, Jamie T, Vanessa, and Penny. Not sure if I should mention Mama T... :troll:

I also realise that in the three series I like (Wario, Kid Icarus and Zelda), the heroes are surrounded by female characters. Coincidence? :awesome:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Well, Wario is surrounded by womens. Syrup, Shokora, Merelda, Mona, the Monettes, Kat & Ana, Ashley, Jamie T, Vanessa, and Penny. Not sure if I should mention Mama T... :troll:

I also realise that in the three series I like (Wario, Kid Icarus and Zelda), the heroes are surrounded by female characters. Coincidence? :awesome:
Chicks did fatasses with muscle and wealth. :troll:

WonderSmash

Smash Apprentice
well now I have to add another tab to my signature. Sign me up

hmmm might've shot myself in the foot....what happened to the signature icon thread?

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Yet he'll still take cash over them.

It's funny because you'd think Wario would be into ladies. Actually he probably is (he was all giddy when the princess kissed him in the ending of WL4 after all), it's just that money takes a much, much higher priority over anything else. What a guy.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

It's funny because you'd think Wario would be into ladies. Actually he probably is (he was all giddy when the princess kissed him in the ending of WL4 after all), it's just that money takes a much, much higher priority over anything else. What a guy.
I guess poor Mona would have to turn herself into a golden Peach Statue to get his attention.

Or better yet, become a rich celebritiy in Diamond City over all her other jobs.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Been revisiting WarioWare as of late and I completely forgot my early crush from those times. Sign me in. (I still think Jimmy.T will be the next obvious newcomer though)

Nevertheless, the whole Mona being smitten with Wario has me spinning gears despite accepting it due how weird WarioWare is already. I remember reading her backstory where her parents are always away on trips (mother's some fashionista lady while his dad's an artist). Doubles also as throwbacks on her being from France-like region right to the name and the setting she comes from in her debut appearance cutscene in WarioWare.
Could that explain something?

But since it's pretty ambiguous even today, I think it's just that she finds Wario "way past cool" as in just really badass treasure dude who does strange things... and stuff. And she likes them too. In fact I'm just confused she went into "cute things" after since Twisted I think? I think the whole "strange"-thing was her tic, right down to finding Wario "really cool".

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
@ ~ Valkyrie ~ ~ Valkyrie ~
Well in Warioware DIY her minigames were weird things again, I believe.
Right-o, I forgot.

I really think they could have put some strangeness to Mona in order to give way for some WarioLand moves for Wario. Nevertheless I think presenting here has to have her be pretty much as crazy as the series she's from while keeping her lady charm. Those are her most definitive traits. (I mean of all things she wore in her debut it's a bra, a mini skirt and a fur coat. I keep thunking it's because she dressed up very hurriedly lol)

Plus the whole job-based moveset which could mix up with the microgame throwbacks.
I think the animal friends would help her out in FS most fittingly, since they're the support group (Though the Specials could also work, maybe Up-B most)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Been revisiting WarioWare as of late and I completely forgot my early crush from those times. Sign me in. (I still think Jimmy.T will be the next obvious newcomer though)

Nevertheless, the whole Mona being smitten with Wario has me spinning gears despite accepting it due how weird WarioWare is already. I remember reading her backstory where her parents are always away on trips (mother's some fashionista lady while his dad's an artist). Doubles also as throwbacks on her being from France-like region right to the name and the setting she comes from in her debut appearance cutscene in WarioWare.
Could that explain something?

But since it's pretty ambiguous even today, I think it's just that she finds Wario "way past cool" as in just really badass treasure dude who does strange things... and stuff. And she likes them too. In fact I'm just confused she went into "cute things" after since Twisted I think? I think the whole "strange"-thing was her tic, right down to finding Wario "really cool".
Welcome aboard, newcomer. And about the whole Mona liking Wario situation was implied in the Japanese manuels. But yeah, it is pretty vague and could be interpreted as her finding his deeds cool more than legitimately being into him (dem age differences). Her games may have gotten cuter but they were still equally weird or gross (Look at Smooth Move's microgames for example, especially Potty Emergency and Wet Your Whistle).

When am I gonna be able to play as a scooter-riding pizza delivery girl in Smash?

WHEN!?
Whenever Sakurai gets ready to do so, sweety. :troll:

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.

I daresay, Wario would make a magnificent Grand Nagus. He's got the lobes for business, after all.

Anyhow, am I the only one whom actually liked Wario's jerky animations in Brawl? I don't know... to me, it just gave him a certain charm that made him stand out even more from his rival plumbers as well as the rest of the cast. I sincerely hope he keeps said animations in Smash4WiiDS (that is what I am calling Super Smash Bros for Wii U & 3DS now. ...On second thought, I think I will just stick with Smash 4).

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
His animations actually make sense considering the Game&Watch like stop motion movement is how the characters move in Warioware.

I'd like it if they kept it too.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I daresay, Wario would make a magnificent Grand Nagus. He's got the lobes for business, after all.

Anyhow, am I the only one whom actually liked Wario's jerky animations in Brawl? I don't know... to me, it just gave him a certain charm that made him stand out even more from his rival plumbers as well as the rest of the cast. I sincerely hope he keeps said animations in Smash4WiiDS (that is what I am calling Super Smash Bros for Wii U & 3DS now. ...On second thought, I think I will just stick with Smash 4).
It's true, it gives him uniqueness.
By the way, I still think he is unique enough, without having to give him quirky movements.

But I won't be mad if he keeps his movements. As long as Mona is here :troll:

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It appears that @Ariand/AEM is supporting Mona after seeing his new roster in the Character Discussion topic. I might add him after he stops by and announce his love for the quirky redhead like every other supporter.

Last edited:
Top Bottom