• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Second Best Wario Ware Employee: Mona for SSB4 (It's Been An Honor Serving Hot Slices Until Now)

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
Not to mention WarioWare is HUGE in Japan with great sales and reviews. That isn't surprising since Japanese love a lot of weird and random crap from the start (Cho Aniki, Parodius, WarioWare, ect.). It really depends if Sakurai feels that WarioWare is popular enough to warrant another rep or feel that Wario alone isn't good enough. Having her appear in a Mario spinoff (preferably Mario Kart 8) would severely helper her chances like with Rosalina's roles in most Mario spinoffs. She looks lovable to the average Wario fan (along with the more colder Ashley) and she would be considered a cute character to casuals. It would be a great win-win situation if you ask me.
And if you think about it this could also mean they could focus on Wario with a more Wario Land themed move-set while giving more of Wario Ware themed move-set to Mona.

A bit off topic has anyone noticed that in Mario spin-offs we have charters from mostly Mario games while having some DK characters like Diddy or Funky. I wonder why they don't have a character or two from the Wario Ware games.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
And if you think about it this could also mean they could focus on Wario with a more Wario Land themed move-set while giving more of Wario Ware themed move-set to Mona.

A bit off topic has anyone noticed that in Mario spin-offs we have charters from mostly Mario games while having some DK characters like Diddy or Funky. I wonder why they don't have a character or two from the Wario Ware games.
Now that you've mentioned it, some Mario Spinoffs like Mario Sluggers and Mario Kart have a crap load of Donkey Kong and Yoshi's Island characters. I do find the lack of WarioWare disturbing and don't see why Nintendo wouldn't think they can fit in with Mario and friends. This piece of fanart gives you an idea that it wouldn't be too problematic to add a Wario character in a Mario spinoff.

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I wouldn't be surprised to see Mona and Ashley joining Mario kart 8. They'd be awesome.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Honestly, I'd love to see the Wario Ware cast join into some of the Mario Spin off's. Particularly Mario Kart would be great. Mona would fit in very nicely in there too.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I'm more concerned with Mona and the rest of the WarioWare (and Capt. Syrup) cast appearing in Mario Kart and other spin-offs than with her appearing in Smash, though I'd gladly still take her as a newcomer.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
The characters are actually what would sell me Mario Kart 8. Mona, Kamek, or K. Rool would get them my money.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
With the inclusion of the koopalings, I really hope the number of playable characters in MK8 will be huge.

DK Country Returns had a circuit in MK7 (and it comes back in MK8) and this makes me hope Warioware will get the same treatment.

Also, Funky in MKWii and DiamondCity in MK Arcade.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
With the inclusion of the koopalings, I really hope the number of playable characters in MK8 will be huge.
This is my thinking. I'm expecting a roster of 50+ at the lowest.

I mean, this isn't Smash Bros. Each character simply has some different stats, a large handful of animations, and voice clips (which are easily ripped from other games). If we're getting the ENTIRE set of Koopalings, I think that's indicative of the roster size, especially considering that they're likely going to be around the same weight (save Morton Jr. and Iggy, who will likely be Heavy and Light).

Last edited:

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Seriously, getting the entire cast of the Koopalings and not getting Kamek would just make me ragequit. Like, really Nintendo?
I must admit that I'm still pissed about that, seems like an easy way too add several characters to me when you have characters like Kamek, E.Gadd and other Toadsworth waiting for a Mario kart debut.

As for me I'm still waiting for playable Goomba, If King Boo car drive a car without feet, Goomba can do it without hands, but that may be the young part of me who loved playing as Ripper Roo in CTR, talking ^^

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Here's a thought, though...if Mona got into Mario Kart 8, which design would she use? Maybe she'd have alternate outfits?

I must admit that I'm still pissed about that, seems like an easy way too add several characters to me when you have characters like Kamek, E.Gadd and other Toadsworth waiting for a Mario kart debut.

As for me I'm still waiting for playable Goomba, If King Boo car drive a car without feet, Goomba can do it without hands, but that may be the young part of me who loved playing as Ripper Roo in CTR, talking ^^
I totally forgot E Gadd and Toadsworth. They would probably sell me the game too. And, come to think of it, so would Fawful.

...Okay, maybe it would take at least two of those characters...with so many to choose from. they'd better include at least one.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
So far, we know 24 playable characters, and this includes the seven koopalings, the 4 babies and Toadette. So I'm expecting a lot of characters too.

And still want Kamek badly since MK64.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
Here's a thought, though...if Mona got into Mario Kart 8, which design would she use? Maybe she'd have alternate outfits?

I totally forgot E Gadd and Toadsworth. They would probably sell me the game too. And, come to think of it, so would Fawful.

...Okay, maybe it would take at least two of those characters...with so many to choose from. they'd better include at least one.
they could go with an original outfit seeing as how she like never has the same outfits between any 2 games. but if they dont want to get creative with it they would probably go with her most recent appearance.

in addition i say Dixie should be playable. i mean dang Funky and Diddy were.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Probably her first outfit since it suits kart racing the most.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
She has gone with this outfit the majority of the time in the Wario Ware series.

In the karts she might wear this but she will probably have an original outfit for the bikes though like Peach, Daisy and Rosalina.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
There was the Blue Falcon (and Mach Rider's bike) in MKWii if I recall well.

I also heard rumors about Sonic being in Mk8...

About Mona's outfit, I think the usual one would be cool. It's not like we are used to see here drive her moped with her normal outfit :troll:

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
vs.

Either one is fine, but the one on the right winds by a landslide. Though, they can feel free to give her the black eyes to go with the Game & Wario theme.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
vs.

Either one is fine, but the one on the right winds by a landslide. Though, they can feel free to give her the black eyes to go with the Game & Wario theme.
So, anyone hoping Diamond City is in MK8?
Damn right we all are. Nintendo needs to promote Wario in Mario Kart for once instead of giving Yoshi's Island and Donkey Kong Country too much love.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Mona's Game & Wario redesign is so good. I love it.

Mario Kart 8 Ultimate Roster

Mario (Dr. Mario Alt)
Luigi (Dr. Luigi Alt)
Peach
Daisy
Rosalina
Luma (All Colors)
Yoshi (All Colors)
Birdo
Toad (All Colors)
Wario (Biker Alt)
Waluigi
Dankey Kang
Daddy Kang
Bowser (Dry)
Bowser Jr.
Roy Koopa
Larry Koopa
Morton Koopa Jr.
Lemmy Koopa
Iggy Koopa
Wendy O. Koopa
Ludwig Von Koopa
Goomba (Para Alt)
Koopa (Red Para Alt)
Shy Guy (All Colors)
Dry Bones
King Boo
Petey Piranha
Toadsworth
Kamek
Kamella
E. Gadd
Chauncey (the Ghost Baby)
Neville (the Ghost Dad)
Lydia (the Ghost Mom)
Vincent Van Gore (the Ghost Artist)
Mona
Jimmy T.
Dribble and Spitz
Ashley and Red
9-Volt
18-Volt
Dr. Crygor
Mike
Dixie Kong
Funky Kong
King K. Rool
Kremling (All Colors)
Fawful
Mii (Mario Costume, Peach Costume, Toad Costume)

grumblegrumblebabymariobabyluigibabypeachbabydaisybabywariobabydk

(Do remind me if I've forgotten someone!)

Super Secret Characters (Downloaded at Later Dates)
Captain Falcon
Kirby
R.O.B.
(This goes along with the rumor that Samus, Pit, and Takamaru are appearing in Hyrule Warriors, so everyone gets some cameo action.)

Last edited:

Xhampi

Smash Lord

Mario (Dr. Mario Alt)
Luigi (Dr. Luigi Alt)
Peach
Daisy
Rosalina
Luma (All Colors)
Yoshi (All Colors)
Birdo
Toad (All Colors)
Wario (Biker Alt)
Waluigi
Dankey Kang
Daddy Kang
Bowser (Dry)
Bowser Jr.
Roy Koopa
Larry Koopa
Morton Koopa Jr.
Lemmy Koopa
Iggy Koopa
Wendy O. Koopa
Ludwig Von Koopa
Goomba (Para Alt)
Koopa (Red Para Alt)
Shy Guy (All Colors)
Dry Bones
King Boo
Petey Piranha
Toadsworth
Kamek
Kamella
E. Gadd
Neville (the Ghost Dad)
Lydia (the Ghost Mom)
Mona
Jimmy T.
Dribble and Spitz
Ashley and Red
9-Volt
18-Volt
Dr. Crygor
Mike
Dixie Kong
Funky Kong
King K. Rool
Kremling (All Colors)
Fawful

Captain Falcon
Kirby
R.O.B.
(This goes along with the rumor that Samus, Pit, and Takamaru are appearing in Hyrule Warriors, so everyone gets some cameo action.)
You have forget the babies AND my money.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master

Mario (Dr. Mario Alt)
Luigi (Dr. Luigi Alt)
Peach
Daisy
Rosalina
Luma (All Colors)
Yoshi (All Colors)
Birdo
Toad (All Colors)
Wario (Biker Alt)
Waluigi
Dankey Kang
Daddy Kang
Bowser (Dry)
Bowser Jr.
Roy Koopa
Larry Koopa
Morton Koopa Jr.
Lemmy Koopa
Iggy Koopa
Wendy O. Koopa
Ludwig Von Koopa
Goomba (Para Alt)
Koopa (Red Para Alt)
Shy Guy (All Colors)
Dry Bones
King Boo
Petey Piranha
Toadsworth
Kamek
Kamella
E. Gadd
Neville (the Ghost Dad)
Lydia (the Ghost Mom)
Mona
Jimmy T.
Dribble and Spitz
Ashley and Red
9-Volt
18-Volt
Dr. Crygor
Mike
Dixie Kong
Funky Kong
King K. Rool
Kremling (All Colors)
Fawful

Captain Falcon
Kirby
R.O.B.
With the game being similar to Mk7, unlocking Kart Parts with coins and unlocking characters with every cups would give 32 unlockables characters and this would be awesome.

Top Bottom