• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Second Best Wario Ware Employee: Mona for SSB4 (It's Been An Honor Serving Hot Slices Until Now)

M23-X0

Smash Journeyman
Add me to the supporter list, I really support Mona (and mainly, the idea of a second Wario character playable).

Grimnir

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty doubtful there will be another WarioWare character and it's a real shame, too. If Rhythm Heaven, a game which is also a collection of mini-games can get a character, then there's no reason why WarioWare couldn't make one work too. Not to mention Mona has far more source material to work with than just opening her mouth and singing "AHHH!!!". Both her mini-games and the things she does in her stories would make for a pretty interesting move set. Her original design is my favourite of the WarioWare cast as well, but unfortunately hasn't been used since the GC game.

edit: I thought it was obvious I meant another WarioWare character aside from Wario, but I'll change it to make it clear to those less capable of seeing the obvious.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I'm pretty doubtful there will be a WarioWare character and it's a real shame, too. If Rhythm Heaven, a game which is also a collection of mini-games can get a character, then there's no reason why WarioWare couldn't make one work too. Not to mention Mona has far more source material to work with than just opening her mouth and singing "AHHH!!!". Both her mini-games and the things she does in her stories would make for a pretty interesting move set. Her original design is my favourite of the WarioWare cast as well, but unfortunately hasn't been used since the GC game.
We also see Mona's Biker outfit in Warioware Smooth Moves. And that's an awesome, original outfit.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Warioware already has a character in Wario, let Rhythm Heaven get its character.

Although in a perfect world, we'd get both.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Her original bikers outfit is what she has been mostly wearing and it lends well alongside Wario's biker outfit. All her various other outfits have usually just been various uniforms for all the many jobs she had taken up over the years. So if she where to become playable, she would most likely wear her bikers outfit. (With maybe one/some of the other outfits as alts.)

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Warioware already has a character in Wario, let Rhythm Heaven get its character.

Although in a perfect world, we'd get both.
For some reasons, I see Rhythm Heaven as a stage. Although I would be absolutely pleased to see a character! As much as I like the idea, I wonder how a rhythm based character could work well in Smash Bros. Especially considering there will be different musics playing in every stages. Rosalina's Comet Observatory and Dr Willy Castle clearly not have the same Tempo, and I think it wouldn't be a help when trying to pull moves in rhythm.

I also wonder wich one is more popular: Warioware or Rhythm Heaven?

And I also think Wario representation was a shame (especially the trophies), considering the number of Wario games, including WarioLand.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
For some reasons, I see Rhythm Heaven as a stage. Although I would be absolutely pleased to see a character! As much as I like the idea, I wonder how a rhythm based character could work well in Smash Bros. Especially considering there will be different musics playing in every stages. Rosalina's Comet Observatory and Dr Willy Castle clearly not have the same Tempo, and I think it wouldn't be a help when trying to pull moves in rhythm.

I actually doubt they'll be rhythm-based like most would expect, since that would be very hard to balance. I can see them being a hybrid of Wario and Game&Watch, but we'll see. Even as a Rhythm Heaven fan it's hard for me to imagine them fighting which makes more hyped to see them.

At this moment I'd argue Rhythm Heaven is more popular because the series is at least huge in Japan whereas Warioware is unfortunately a dying series right now. ;_;

And yeah, as much as I loved Wario in Brawl, the representation for his series was very lackluster.

Last edited:

Grimnir

Smash Apprentice

And I also think Wario representation was a shame (especially the trophies), considering the number of Wario games, including WarioLand.
WarioWare is longer running and therefore has probably sold more copies altogether, but the latest Rhythm Heaven game, Fever, turned out to be a huge success and probably sold more than any of the WarioWare games individually.

While I'm not incredibly opposed to a Rhythm Heaven character, my problem with it getting a character over WarioWare is that the characters are a small part of a more successful franchise whereas the WarioWare characters are a larger part of a less successful franchise.

Due to Sal's leak, everyone's talking about the Chorus Men (AKA Glee Club). Despite nobody ever mentioning these characters in the context of Smash Bros. before, suddenly they're a brilliant idea. These guys appeared in a couple of mini-games (of something like fifty) where they had one action: to sing a note. Their designs are barely a step above stick figures and they have no story, defined character traits, or even names. I'm sure they'll "work" and be fun to play as (it's pretty hard to make a character not fun in Smash), but their play style will have to be so far removed from what they were originally in their games that it will feel like "what's the point" to me.

I actually really liked the idea of Rhythm girl as put forward in this thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/rhythm-girl-from-rhythm-heaven-ready-to-beat-the-beat.339703/. I think a Mr. Game & Watch style compilation character would be the best way to represent the series with a playable character, but also the most complicated.

But back to my point. I'd much rather see a WarioWare character (in this case Mona) because they are actually defined characters meant to fit into the overall game rather than disposable characters meant to work for single mini-games.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I actually doubt they'll be rhythm-based like most would expect, since that would be very hard to balance. I can see them being a hybrid of Wario and Game&Watch, but we'll see. Even as a Rhythm Heaven fan it's hard for me to imagine them fighting which makes more hyped to see them.
Yeah, as much as it fits, a Rhythm Heaven character with a Villager/Game&Watch with a simply quirky moveset seems... It's not that it would seems unispired... I dunno.
think it having it not based on rhythm would be a bit sad... Yet, having it based on rhythm would be really hard to get right. Smash Bros is not know for long combos, just simple moves.

At this moment I'd argue Rhythm Heaven is more popular because the series is at least huge in Japan whereas Warioware is unfortunately a dying series right now. ;_;
Well, there's Game&Wario, and it's acknowledged in SSB4 (Ashley's Design).

I really hope for a Rhythm Heaven stage, by the way.

Edit: About the Chorus Men leak, I really dislike the idea. The character seems pretty bland to me. And yes, he serves only one purpose.

That's the problem with Rhytm Heaven: the lack of real characters, except for the Rythm Girl, somehow. That's why I find the idea of a stage more appropriate.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I honestly consider Warioware and Rhythm Heaven sister franchises anyway. Same team behind them and they're very similar.

The biggest thing though, is the presence of Rhythm Heaven characters in Game&Wario.

I'm happy that we're possibly getting ONE representation from one of them, because I thought chances for a character for either series were slim.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I honestly consider Warioware and Rhythm Heaven sister franchises anyway. Same team behind them and they're very similar.

The biggest thing though, is the presence of Rhythm Heaven characters in Game&Wario.

I'm happy that we're possibly getting ONE representation from one of them, because I thought chances for a character for either series were slim.
I really at least hope for more representation through items, Assists or even simple trophies of the WarioWare and WarioLand universes. They are too good to only have a bike as a trophy.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I really at least hope for more representation through items, Assists or even simple trophies of the WarioWare and WarioLand universes. They are too good to only have a bike as a trophy.
You just hit the nail on the coffin. One of the main problems with Brawl was the use of pre-existing models for trophies and the lack of inspiration to make new ones other than originals like Mokka. After seeing how Dillon and Phosphora's trophy went, I have much more faith that the trophy representation will be MUCH better this time around. Just being able to learn about the characters in trophy format would be a good experience for anyone who's new to WarioWare.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
You just hit the nail on the coffin. One of the main problems with Brawl was the use of pre-existing models for trophies and the lack of inspiration to make new ones other than originals like Mokka. After seeing how Dillon and Phosphora's trophy went, I have much more faith that the trophy representation will be MUCH better this time around. Just being able to learn about the characters in trophy format would be a good experience for anyone who's new to WarioWare.
Yep. I really hope Trophies will be glorious again, like in Melee.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey, do you all think Mona would be revealed alongside Wario, just like Greninja with Charizard? It would save them the effort of making so many newcomer videos.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hey, do you all think Mona would be revealed alongside Wario, just like Greninja with Charizard? It would save them the effort of making so many newcomer videos.
I'd say it's a small opportunity waiting to happen. Though it depends if she's big enough to be revealed at E3. But that shouldn't be a problem since most E3 reveals involving Wario actually happened before.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
We already had some "not so hype" characters revealed during E3 or similar events.
Ice Climbers, Pit (being a retro character during the Brawl era), Wii Fit Trainer comes to mind.

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
It would be really cool to see a dual trailer with Mona and Wario during E3. Let's just keep hoping for our (second) favorite WarioWare employee :3

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
But Wario is the boss, so Mona IS our favorite employee! :awesome:

I'm thinking that her promotional artwork would be fun if we see other Nintendo characters, WarioWare style.

I just made myself hope for a "WarioWare Zelda" on a said artwork. And I already know I'll be dissapointed.

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
But Wario is the boss, so Mona IS our favorite employee! :awesome:

I'm thinking that her promotional artwork would be fun if we see other Nintendo characters, WarioWare style.

I just made myself hope for a "WarioWare Zelda" on a said artwork. And I already know I'll be dissapointed.
Maybe they will make her promo artwork super stylized like her game cover in Game & Wario

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Maybe they will make her promo artwork super stylized like her game cover in Game & Wario
This would be very appropriate since it is cute and badass enough to capture anyone's attention. I can imagine the following:

• Image 1 is Wario bending down to find some gold.
  • Image 2 is Mario bribing Link with a mushroom.
  • Image 3 is Wii Fit Trainer inspecting a calorie coin.
The whole idea is just brilliant.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey guys, so I was just kind of browsing some of the past pages and something just occurred to me: Has anyone posted any of the fan-made movesets made for Mona in the OP yet? Also has the support list been updated yet? I checked and I don't think I see my name in there and also (and I'm not saying this to offend the owner of this thread) But anyone else feel the OP is.......lacking something? I can't put my finger on it, but something about the OP seems a bit.....off.....and empty.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hey guys, so I was just kind of browsing some of the past pages and something just occurred to me: Has anyone posted any of the fan-made movesets made for Mona in the OP yet? Also has the support list been updated yet? I checked and I don't think I see my name in there and also (and I'm not saying this to offend the owner of this thread) But anyone else feel the OP is.......lacking something? I can't put my finger on it, but something about the OP seems a bit.....off.....and empty.
You are actually on the list between Octivick and Cobalsh, but certain letters were capitalized since I used a mobile phone at that time.

However, I am open to fan movesets IF they are as fully detailed as mine or use some of the basic specials. I've done so for my Daisy topic recently. So far, I don't recall anyone making full movesets based on what I've seen from the past few pages. As for the OP feeling empty, maybe some extra details can be done like the character's full story (from WarioWare to Game & Wario) and some GIF's to spice things up (though I'm not that great with digital editing). That can be done at a later date when I'm ready since I have some bigger issues to deals with at home.

Thanks for the suggestions and advice anyway @ smashkirby smashkirby .

smashkirby

Smash Hero
You are actually on the list between Octivick and Cobalsh, but certain letters were capitalized since I used a mobile phone at that time.

However, I am open to fan movesets IF they are as fully detailed as mine or use some of the basic specials. I've done so for my Daisy topic recently. So far, I don't recall anyone making full movesets based on what I've seen from the past few pages. As for the OP feeling empty, maybe some extra details can be done like the character's full story (from WarioWare to Game & Wario) and some GIF's to spice things up (though I'm not that great with digital editing). That can be done at a later date when I'm ready since I have some bigger issues to deals with at home.

You're welcome, R.O.B.

smashkirby

Smash Hero

Hey R.O.B, are you going to get started with that revamp on the OP yet? I'm not trying to rush you or anything, I'm asking out of curiosity.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hey R.O.B, are you going to get started with that revamp on the OP yet? I'm not trying to rush you or anything, I'm asking out of curiosity.
My Internet network just went down a few days ago and I'm stuck using a crappy hotspot from my cellphone. So, I might not work on the OP changes on the website but work on it via Microsoft Word before posting them instead. That way, I won't deal with crashing or other lag related issues. I'd like things to be very high quality after all. ;)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Update: Say hello to the groovy new OP for Mona and her hard working supporters to enjoy.

There are a few cosmetic changes like some arguments and additional GIF's/images to make it even more pretty. I might consider making a spoiler for the Alternate Costume choices depending if it can't be too much trouble for the mobile users. It took me over four days to look for the right images and do research to make these arguments seem valid for her support. I hope this is good enough for everyone.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Update: Say hello to the groovy new OP for Mona and her hard working supporters to enjoy.

There are a few cosmetic changes like some arguments and additional GIF's/images to make it even more pretty. I might consider making a spoiler for the Alternate Costume choices depending if it can't be too much trouble for the mobile users. It took me over four days to look for the right images and do research to make these arguments seem valid for her support. I hope this is good enough for everyone.

Wow! I just took a look at the OP, and it's just as gorgeous as Mona!:awesome: Keep up the good work, R.O.B!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Wow! I just took a look at the OP, and it's just as gorgeous as Mona!:awesome: Keep up the good work, R.O.B!
Why thank you, my good man. Anything to hype of one of my favorite female additions for Smash and one of the best girls Wario's got to offer. Sorry Captain Syrup fans :troll:

There's still some hope that we might get her since DLC is up in the air thanks to Sal Romano and his trusty tipper. Considering that Sakurai loves to make us go WTF, I can easily imagine him revealing her to throw off those expecting another Mario or Yoshi character as DLC.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
That's a lovable OP for a lovable character!

But damn, the nightmares with this picture...

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'm not even sure which one is the most frightening.
I'm pretty sure that Jona (the one on the left) is the most frightening one since it looks like a drag queen. Minny P. (the one on the right) is the least frightening since it looks like a rock star.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey guys, I don't know if anyone remembers, but a while back I asked everyone their opinion about Mona's trailer and I gave my opinion, saying that Wario and Mona should share a trailer, like Charizard and Greninja. What I wanted to ask now was how do you think the trailer should really go/How should the trailer "transition" from Wario to Mona?

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I don't know if anyone remembers, but a while back I asked everyone their opinion about Mona's trailer and I gave my opinion, saying that Wario and Mona should share a trailer, like Charizard and Greninja. What I wanted to ask now was how do you think the trailer should really go/How should the trailer "transition" from Wario to Mona?
Wario is like riding his motorcycle and Mona rides hers up next to him and rams him off of his or something. Idk I'm not the most creative but it's still an idea :p

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'll just leave this here.

Well I can imagine it like this: Mario and Wario are fighting in front of Mona's Pizza while causing a ruckus that would get certain citizen's attention. Mona would step out with a stack of pizza's obscuring her face and stop when she hear Wario farting. This would cause her to whistle and she runs back into her beloved restaurant Wario falls onto his bike, which would be destroyed, and Mario leaps above him to deal the finishing blow. Out of the blue, a pig appears to knock the plumber away with a flying soccer ball. Wario laughs at his rival's misfortune until an elephant appears and toss the fat ******* away with his trunk. Lastly, a chimp leaves a banana peel behind for both Mario and Wario to trip on after their "flying session". While the two rivals are over each other in pain, the sounds of a moped could be heard as it gets louder. Both of them look at the vehicle to see a young girl with a smirk on her face and many pizzas in hand. The message "Mona arrives at the job!" appears before the girl do her trademark wink. *cue gameplay footage* *cue ending* Mona is having a mini pizza party with Mario Wario, and her pets in the Diamond City Square with the football player from Smooth Moves looking hopelessly at them.

Her page? She would be doing her pose from Smooth Moves on an orange background, but with her original outfit and black eyes from Game & Wario. Her promotional poster would be a reenactment of the bathroom microgame from Smooth Moves with many characters from the SSB series rushing for the Port-o-Potties and Mona directing them to the right ones.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Sakurai is adding more women to the roster. But the wrong ones. Most of them are "magical royalty". We need more athetic and spunky women not "Nintendo Princesses". So Mona, Krystal, Robin/Lucina and some others could fill that role.
As I would like Mona for the job. I think Wario Ware losing popularity over the years might endanger her chances of a second rep. That, and the sole idea of Chorus Kids, since Rhythm Heaven could be considered a game from the same family of Wario Ware.
Fingers crossed, at this point any surprise character will be welcomed.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Sakurai is adding more women to the roster. But the wrong ones. Most of them are "magical royalty". We need more athetic and spunky women not "Nintendo Princesses". So Mona, Krystal, Robin/Lucina and some others could fill that role.
As I would like Mona for the job. I think Wario Ware losing popularity over the years might endanger her chances of a second rep. That, and the sole idea of Chorus Kids, since Rhythm Heaven could be considered a game from the same family of Wario Ware.
Fingers crossed, at this point any surprise character will be welcomed.
While I would argue about why some of the additions so far nix Palutena were controversial, I can't but say that some of them were pretty justified inclusions (even the damn fitness trainer). At least the good thing is that the door is open for some more female additions in the near future as DKC or newcomers in the fifth entry of the series. Mona definitely fills in the role as in an athletic, non-royalty figure that's even as quirky as Miss Fit.

AS for WarioWare losing popularity, that could definitely be the case since barely anyone had bought D.I.Y. (mostly due to the concept of relying on custom microgames from you) and Game & Wario strayed a little too far from the tradition WarioWare games that we know and love. The later, I definitely mentioned that in one of the OP's arguments since many fans though it was the worst WarioWare game in history. Honestly, the game itself did have potential, but fell flat due to the lack of content compared to the already small D.I.Y.

I'd figured that the Chorus Men could be a potential threat since they are from Rhythm Heaven (a sister series from WarioWare) due to the series's huge popularity, then realized that anything Mario related would have more bias and inclusion when it comes to Smash (Wario and Rosie comes to mind). But yeah, she would be a fantastic surprise and I can imagine her fitting in with the rest of the Super Smash Sisters. Lastly, welcome to the support group @ Banjo-Kazooie Banjo-Kazooie . ;)

Top Bottom