• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Scottish Smash Thread

jalued

Smash Lord
no one is going to play brawl + on large scale dude :/
maybe not more than melee, but the brawl scottish scene is absolute rubbish, so im sure it'll beat that haha

anyway, im fine with playing melee and having brawl+ on the side for banter. also know that alot of melee players will/ do really enjoy B+ (as a smash game, not compared to melee)

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
The brawl scottish scene has potential to be big, I've seen a lot of players come by or seen some posting sporadically in other sections of the boards, but theres no-one guiding them to any structured community lol. Brawl + will never get large scale I agree with Ed(kone), but it is a very fun game and very user-friendly I agree with Ed(jalued) on that one :confused: :suess: Nice Eds.

jalued

Smash Lord
The brawl scottish scene has potential to be big, I've seen a lot of players come by or seen some posting sporadically in other sections of the boards, but theres no-one guiding them to any structured community lol. Brawl + will never get large scale I agree with Ed(kone), but it is a very fun game and very user-friendly I agree with Ed(jalued) on that one :confused: :suess: Nice Eds.
the main problem with the scottish brawl scene is that all the best scottish melee players (and potentially best brawl players since skills transfer) think that brawl is a boring, uncompetative game that they can not be bothered to play.

thats why there is no scottish brawl scene lol

and haha hi kone (ed) nice to meet someone with the same name.

and yeah brawl+ will never really get to big tourney standered for 2 reasons:

its a hack and there are alot of conservative players out there who feel that is somehow "wrong"

and that melee is better in the eyes of most scottish smashers, and any brawl based smashers stick with brawl becasue they are good at it and dont want to risk not being a high level player (im thinking of alot of english brawlers atm.... grr)

grayfox

Smash Champion
I think the main reason Brawl+ will never really lift off is that its not truly accessable. Most of the people who get into the scene are completely fresh, we're talking not knowing what edgeguard would refer too. Most will be completely unaware to its existance, the people who know about brawl+ will already be in the scene.

To put it simply it has no draw, and that's why it'll never be big. Only people in the scene will play it, and even then, for other reasons such as not liking it, morally objecting, not interested due to the scene being small etc etc, the people within the scene are unlikely to jump ship to it also.

I mean I've been around for ages with melee, I've got brawl and played it a bit (nothing much), yet I've never played brawl+ and I'd have no idea how to go about playing it, and more importantly, I'm not fussed to do so.

As far as it goes for events for me I'll consider attending some if they are close, and money/time constraints aren't an issue, but still unlikely.

jalued

Smash Lord
I think the main reason Brawl+ will never really lift off is that its not truly accessable. Most of the people who get into the scene are completely fresh, we're talking not knowing what edgeguard would refer too. Most will be completely unaware to its existance, the people who know about brawl+ will already be in the scene.

To put it simply it has no draw, and that's why it'll never be big. Only people in the scene will play it, and even then, for other reasons such as not liking it, morally objecting, not interested due to the scene being small etc etc, the people within the scene are unlikely to jump ship to it also.

I mean I've been around for ages with melee, I've got brawl and played it a bit (nothing much), yet I've never played brawl+ and I'd have no idea how to go about playing it, and more importantly, I'm not fussed to do so.

As far as it goes for events for me I'll consider attending some if they are close, and money/time constraints aren't an issue, but still unlikely.
well zeppo, ac anon and mr P all like it, and im planning on all major smashfests to bring it along with me just to allow people to try it out.

if anyone is curious about trying it, all you need to obtain it is brawl disc and an SD card (1GB-2GB). apparently its possible to install b+ in about 5 minutes from 1 premade SD card, so its really not hard at all. all i would have to do is bring along some SD cards with everything done, and i put into a wii, install homebrew from the sd card and then just play. simple really :D

for any info, all feel free to email me at jalued@hotmail.com

Kone

Smash Master
i just wouldnt see why id spend my time playing it over melee or brawl :/ i know its decent like but so few other people playing it i just see it as a waste of time. Id rather play a game with a community or not at all.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
does anyone say anything about brawl + being a big thing? Jalued says he likes playing it which is all that matters rly :chuckle: who cares if there might not be brawl + tournaments

jalued

Smash Lord
i just wouldnt see why id spend my time playing it over melee or brawl :/ i know its decent like but so few other people playing it i just see it as a waste of time. Id rather play a game with a community or not at all.
well because im not great at melee due to my lack of experience (i mean, the learning curve for that game is stupidly large lol, to be able to pick up the game to being as good as zeppo or Mr P would take years and years of practice, by which time they will have all gotten better in time anyway- the melee ship has sailed) and brawl is boring and stale for me. so like to choose a middle ground, an easy to pick up fun game that feels like a smash game should.

and yeah i never said there will bea big scene for it, but im sure most melee players would rather have brawl+ on the side for banter rather than brawl, and thats all fine with me lol. and if there is a surge of people interrested in playing money matches/ mini tourneys for it, then bring it on!

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
lol last time I played Euan he was pretty good.

Bullet Ben I think most people would choose the game with the community. JaluED the Melee ship hasnt sailed you should keep playing :suess:

thinking of having a fest real soon whos coming?? Would consist of smash poker drinks maybe some pool?! pools actually quite sound guys!! Anyones invited, just don't know the date yet :confused:

jalued

Smash Lord

Bullet Ben I think most people would choose the game with the community. JaluED the Melee ship hasnt sailed you should keep playing :suess:

thinking of having a fest real soon whos coming?? Would consist of smash poker drinks maybe some pool?! pools actually quite sound guys!! Anyones invited, just don't know the date yet :confused:
yeah course ill keep playing..just expect me to have a few hour learning curve every smashfest before i become good lol.

yeah ill come if i can make it. ill bring along my (my gf's :p ) wii

ac_anon

Smash Ace

sounds good, let me know the date so i can come through cheap, make my travel costs back at poker anyway :laugh:

InvisibleMuffin

Smash Cadet

If there's pool and drinks then I guess I'm in.

I want to at least have some experience of offline smash bros... before I use the disc as a frisbee or shoot it.
No, the microplay thing didn't count.

Buns

Smash Rookie
I'm up for this, not played poker or pool for awhile, I might even have some mates interested in this if they're given enough notice, Paul can you text me the date of this thing when it's decided because I won't have any internet access for a while, just so my mates get enough notice to sort out work times etc. if they actually want to go

here's my no. if you didn't have it already - 07983629919 cheers

VodkaHaze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VodkaHaze58
I'll represent the Silver City, Aberdeen. Here's my friend code for Brawl: 5155-4660-9992

Kone

Smash Master
wasnt laughing at brawl, just, the guy had clearly not read any of the previous posts and posted something that made little sense to the flow of the convo!

fortunecookie

Smash Journeyman
Hi everyone!!! I'm pretty new to smash. I mostly play melee, but i play some brawl. I'm gonna be at the university of edinburgh next year! If anyone else goes there or lives near there we shud definitely play smash together!!!! Send me an email.

My email is: yujiezhu718@gmail.com

Riickable

Smash Cadet
All right home dogs?

Anyone going to that Elite Four Tournament thing in Leicster on November 1st?

(If this tourney is new to you, MSN me riickable@live.co.uk and I'll explain)

I'm taking first place.

Riickable

Smash Cadet

Double post. Whoops.

This sounds ****ing epic. I'm 19 so yay I can drink.

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
Lol sorry guys have no computer or internet these days and have been ridiculously busy studying/music etc. I'd still like to have a fest but it'll be much more of an effort to organise than usual. Anyone whos interested just PM me your mobile number and I'll contact you that way. You're all sound guys.

Welcome fortunecookie :)(lol) Theres a couple smashers in Edinburger , ac_anon and jalued specifically. Both cool friendly guys.

Riickable whereaboots dae ye stay mate? Recognise your name lol.

Im a sick dude particularly at piano.

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
Lol sorry guys have no computer or internet these days and have been ridiculously busy studying/music etc. I'd still like to have a fest but it'll be much more of an effort to organise than usual. Anyone whos interested just PM me your mobile number and I'll contact you that way. You're all sound guys.
Hey Zeppo, thought you vanished lol. I'm still up for the smashfest you told me about =D I'll PM you my number.

Im a sick dude particularly at piano.
To a degree Piano's are awesome.

Anyone going to that Elite Four Tournament thing in Leicster on November 1st? (If this tourney is new to you, MSN me riickable@live.co.uk and I'll explain)

I'm taking first place.
I saw your post in the Tactical Discussion. It's gonna be 2 stocks and with no timer? :dizzy:

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
All right home dogs?

Anyone going to that Elite Four Tournament thing in Leicster on November 1st?

(If this tourney is new to you, MSN me riickable@live.co.uk and I'll explain)

I'm taking first place.
You have no clue what you're gonna get yourself into if you're thinking your winning this loool.

Go to REAL tourneys not E4 ones.

Top Bottom