• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Scottish Smash Thread

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
Not sure if this thread is still alive, but hey.

I live in Glasgow and I dont really know any place that holds Super Smash Bros Brawl tournaments. I know theres a place called Microplay near Central Station but I dont usually go there unless Im with my mates, but they are more CounterStrike/shooters oriented and dont half care about Smash.

I wouldnt mind joining a Smash Tourny but would rather much check out how the Tartan Army smashers do.

*Looks at Cpt. Zeppo* Can you help? xD

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
Sorry for late reply- hey mate, dont really know of any places other than Microplay that hold events(and yeah, its not very good I agree lol). There used to be reasonable scottish smash activity, but it was melee-based mainly and most of the players are pretty much not playing anymore(including myself).

Basically Brawl in Scotland could be pretty big, just needs someone organising stuff etc. I have some contacts if you want to find people to play.

Otherwise on the off chance Im hosting an event or someone else of the former community then I'll be sure to let you know. Just add naedanger@hotmail.co.uk :)

J03

Smash Master
Ed and Z: Will is thinking about coming to yours Ed, im hoping Z and Dmans make it down just for the goodtimes, also i think you both like sf4???

you got a 360 ed? if so i can bring sf4 and even the newest pro evo

InvisibleMuffin

Smash Cadet
Not sure if this thread is still alive, but hey.

I live in Glasgow and I dont really know any place that holds Super Smash Bros Brawl tournaments. I know theres a place called Microplay near Central Station but I dont usually go there unless Im with my mates, but they are more CounterStrike/shooters oriented and dont half care about Smash.

I wouldnt mind joining a Smash Tourny but would rather much check out how the Tartan Army smashers do.

*Looks at Cpt. Zeppo* Can you help? xD
This guy seems somewhat familiar...

oh right, it's me a few months ago.
And I have since lost faith and returned to shooter games... :)

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
Sorry for late reply- hey mate, dont really know of any places other than Microplay that hold events(and yeah, its not very good I agree lol). There used to be reasonable scottish smash activity, but it was melee-based mainly and most of the players are pretty much not playing anymore(including myself).

Basically Brawl in Scotland could be pretty big, just needs someone organising stuff etc. I have some contacts if you want to find people to play.

Otherwise on the off chance Im hosting an event or someone else of the former community then I'll be sure to let you know. Just add naedanger@hotmail.co.uk :)

Thanks for replying

Aww what thats too bad, Iv only like played melee twice in my life lol >.<

Aye if you wouldnt mind, it be great to play some people at home than in America all the time >_> bloody lag infestion..

Iv got your email added.

Cheers anyway man

InvisibleMuffin

Smash Cadet
If you're looking for online play you're better off at All is Brawl, and joining the singles ladder. There are a good number of Europeans who play there. Occasionally you'll find a UK player too.
But most of the people there exploit the lag for wins (metaknight's insane moveset priority...)
Expect cheapness, and skilled spammers.
The fact is Nintendo's servers are constructed out of chewing gum and bits of newspaper, so there's always going to be an amount of lag you'll face.

If microplay didn't turn into suck it would have been quite good, but it didn't. Shame.

& private message or email me if you want to organise a few online matches some time.
I hate nintendo wifi more and more whenever I play it, but that's a good thing. It'll be what pushes me to buy Prototype for the 360.

Kone

Smash Master
Anyone from the land of scots going to coeys tournament in bolton this month?? howay guys get yourselves there. Ryan and paul thats you both especially >_<

VodkaHaze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VodkaHaze58
I'm happy to join the Scottish Smash thread. None of my friends play smash (one of them has brawl, but he's a n00b). I just want to brawl someone seriously without lag from online.

Also, I sent you an e-mail AGES ago, but you never replied. Oh, well. I'll send you another to give info then.

grayfox

Smash Champion
It's physically impossible for me right now Ed. I've got like 50 quid to my name and no money coming in yet. If I can scrape some money together before prices get too high I'll look into it, I'm interested.

Kone

Smash Master
Do you know how much itll cost you? i can try help you ^_^.

edit - see how much it is to get yourself to newc with megabus? then get a lift with me. i wont take money of u if your skint and id be going anyway :)

grayfox

Smash Champion
Tryin to work somethin out now, 60/40 I'll be there, cheers for the lift offer but I can't stand long car journeys haha. Might take you up on it though.

Kone

Smash Master
If you didnt know dan euan quit smash after paul (zeppo) and pretty much every scottish smasher joined sdb LOL

DSD9

Smash Apprentice
Ha ha, that's awesome...Soon it'll just be one crew. Let's hope not as I imagine there's still a lot of annoying *****'s out there. Lol. Waves with left hand, goodbye to Euan.

J03

Smash Master
Dan- good to see you back man =D you have been missed ^_^

Z- you need to call me dude, id do it online but unless your online like now phone is best, my no: is 07816380025

Kone

Smash Master
Paulio £12 sounding good for the weekend of the 15th? my offers there if you are running low on la funds ;). Let me know!

J03

Smash Master
Paul
Dave
Jalued
Ryan

whatcha odds of making this?

Ed: im gonna talk to will about this in the next few days, its v.unlikely but ill nudge him if i can =P

Riickable

Smash Cadet
Okay, I was under the impression there WASNOSCOTTISHSMASHERS...

Probably gonna lurk this thread.

Do Tourneys happen here?

Dacacia

Smash Journeyman
Are there any smashers in Edinburgh at the moment? I'm gonna be up there visiting between the 22nd and 29th of August. I'm visiting my sister, but she's gonna be at work some of those days, so I'll be free and running round Edinburgh randomly - anyone interested in a few games of smash?

Kone

Smash Master
try contact allan (ac anon) by msn i guess, only person that lives there unless u travel to glasgow to see z or what not

Riickable

Smash Cadet
I know 2 good players and myself in Aberdeen.

I'm thinking of hosting a tourney in Aberdeen if I can get enough people interested, anyone here wanna come up?

Aiko

Smash Champion
jalued and ac anon in edinburgh. I played them there last week!

riickable: tbh i doubt theyre "good". the smash standard is high.

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
Hey Riickable :) Good to see a new face :chuckle: Aberdeen is a bit of a trek for most of us as we're mostly situated around Glasgow/Edinburgh/Perth- I'd still consider it though lol. Scottish smash will still have events though as I know a few interested players. Im considering holding a fest fairly soon actually! what version of smash are you playing at the moment?

Dacacia I'll let Allan and Jalued know you posted here, Im sure they will both want to play tbh

ac_anon

Smash Ace
haha il crush anyone in aberdeen and im not even that good.

Ok im being drunk and arrogant but chances are I probably would.

If you want to play I might be able to play you, I need to get another copy of the game since mine broke a while ago, but yeah add me on msn ac_annon@hotmail.com and we can maybe arrange something.

EDIT: Oh my dans back, best scottish impression ever if you can stil lrememebr it.

also I do apolgise to these Aberdonians, I am actually drunk, and not particularly arrogant usually.

jalued

Smash Lord
Are there any smashers in Edinburgh at the moment? I'm gonna be up there visiting between the 22nd and 29th of August. I'm visiting my sister, but she's gonna be at work some of those days, so I'll be free and running round Edinburgh randomly - anyone interested in a few games of smash?
yeah im in edinburgh. what u play? brawl, brawl+ or melee? casue im mainly brawl+ with melee on the side (i havnt played melee for long, so my technical skill is shall we say... mediocre :p ). oh i also take about 2-3 hours at melee to start getting good lol, so yeah...but i play B+ well i think :p

and hahaha at playing against Mr P at brawl+ for about 3 hours non stop!! epic times lol, he actually managed to get me with a 4 FALCON KNEE COMBO (forgot to save it though :p ). haha he got bored of my ****ty melee ability so we progressed to the dark side...and we had great fun!

goal is to convert everyone over to B+ eventually..its the future! (oh ofc melee will still be there, couldnt do without the
hardcore smash game, B+ is the softcore version ;) )

Top Bottom