• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

Johnny Heart Gold

Smash Journeyman
Considering the only clone in Mario is Doc, I really doubt Sakurai would make Daisy a Peach clone. But even still -anyone- suggested is at risk of being a clone. Look at C.Falcon and Ganon, not even the same series and their moves are so similar, though they've been branching more and more. Clone only applies when they get lazy. It has nothing to do with characters being similar or from the same series.
Sakurai: Hi I'm lazy!!

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Do people realise that full clones are all last-minute additions? Dr Mario, Pichu, Lucina, Dr Mario again...
All melee clones got the "luigification" treatment in Brawl, and Lucas and Wolf, despite having no "reasons" to be semi-clones, are still really different from their original counterpart.

Daisy may get so moves close too Peach. But a clone? Will never happen, except as a last minute addition. Something totally irrelevant for a DLC.

D

Deleted member

They have enough difference that you can't really call them clones, half their specials are entirely different, they have totally different jump mechanics now thanks to Luigi's air walk, and a good variety of their normals are different.
They're semi-clones. Being a 'clone' is a spectrum, really, not a category.

Peach's moveset makes no sense on Daisy. Daisy wouldn't use her own citizens as counter moves or throw turnips, or glide, or use hearts or her crown. I literally just blocked all of Peach's moves, and jesus we know DAISY won't put her opponents to sleep for her final smash. She'd put on a show, that diva.
So I've been thinking about it, and I think it would actually make a lot of sense for Daisy to be a semi-clone of Peach. They are usually very similar in the games they appear in, and sometimes share abilities, like the Heart in Double Dash.

She could perhaps get the Luigi or Wolf treatment, then, with many different standard attacks. As for her special moves:
Up Special: There are references to her having a parasol, so this could be the same as Peach.
Standard Special: I think this should be her throwing a super ball like Mario's fireball, since the Super Flower debuted in Daisy's first game, Super Mario Land, and the power-up is a flower after all.
Side Special: Daisy Bomber; I don't think the Peach Bomber is very original, but to me it actually fits Daisy better.
Down Special: Now Daisy does love flowers, so for this move she could reach into the ground and pluck a flower instead of a turnip, but....I don't know what it would do beyond that.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
They're semi-clones. Being a 'clone' is a spectrum, really, not a category.

So I've been thinking about it, and I think it would actually make a lot of sense for Daisy to be a semi-clone of Peach. They are usually very similar in the games they appear in, and sometimes share abilities, like the Heart in Double Dash.

She could perhaps get the Luigi or Wolf treatment, then, with many different standard attacks. As for her special moves:
Up Special: There are references to her having a parasol, so this could be the same as Peach.
Standard Special: I think this should be her throwing a super ball like Mario's fireball, since the Super Flower debuted in Daisy's first game, Super Mario Land, and the power-up is a flower after all.
Side Special: Daisy Bomber; I don't think the Peach Bomber is very original, but to me it actually fits Daisy better.
Down Special: Now Daisy does love flowers, so for this move she could reach into the ground and pluck a flower instead of a turnip, but....I don't know what it would do beyond that.
I would love to play as this no matter how similar or not it is to Peach. lol

Zeldaisy

Smash Apprentice
No no no. Are you guys LOOKING for her to be a Peach clone ? I don't like the idea of daisy using flowers like peach using turnips, I dunno. If this keeps up, and Daisy has moves like that, it would just confirm her a a clone. Daisy is the complete opposite of Peach, the only thing they have in common are their outfits.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
No no no. Are you guys LOOKING for her to be a Peach clone ? I don't like the idea of daisy using flowers like peach using turnips, I dunno. If this keeps up, and Daisy has moves like that, it would just confirm her a a clone. Daisy is the complete opposite of Peach, the only thing they have in common are their outfits.
I guess you're right, Daisy is separate from Peach and they are unique in each of their own ways, personality wise, power-wise, and in many other things. But, at this point, I just want Daisy IN Smash to begin with, whether she is unique or a clone. I just want her IN the game as playable. lol

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I guess you're right, Daisy is separate from Peach and they are unique in each of their own ways, personality wise, power-wise, and in many other things. But, at this point, I just want Daisy IN Smash to begin with, whether she is unique or a clone. I just want her IN the game as playable. lol
She already is....as a palette swap :troll:

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
She already is....as a palette swap :troll:
Poor Daisy, Foreman Spike, Dark Link, Masked Man, Wolf, Keeby, Roy, Eddie the Mean Old Yeti, Dixie Kong, Nowi, Cordelia, Sumia, Tharja, Lissa, Tiki, Cherche, Anna, Serra, Seven, Silver the Hedgehog, Reyn, Dunban, Sharla, Melia, Riki, Leif, Dark Meta Knight, Galacta Knight, Fuel, Pandora, Medusa, Charlie, Brittany, Viridi, and Banjo Kazooie....

Damn, that's a lot of Fire Emblem and Xenobalde characters as pallet swaps. :troll:

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

I'd figured that I would create this for Daisy's anniversary before I do some giraffe research with my girlfriend tonight. I've created this image in a way where none of the more interesting things are covered and that the screen is heavily focused on Daisy's badassery. And don't worry, I've already asked the original artist for permission before doing this. And before anyone asks about the quality/resolution, I've shrunken it on purpose with Imgur so that the original image wouldn't swallow the entire post with its massive size.

Any thoughts or is it good?
The message is deep... :laugh:

:231:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Well one of Peach's custom moves is the Flower Bomber, planting a life sapping Daisy flower onto the opponent's head. Also in the Peach clear movie, you can see Yellow Peach grabbing Luigi and floating with Normal Peach. So wouldn't this mean the palette swap....why does the palette swap even exist?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
So wouldn't this mean the palette swap....why does the palette swap even exist?
Before Mario Party 4 gave her the current design we all know and love, she actually looked strikingly similar to Peach. Melee actually has a very accurate Classic Daisy palette, even changing the dress!

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Well one of Peach's custom moves is the Flower Bomber, planting a life sapping Daisy flower onto the opponent's head. Also in the Peach clear movie, you can see Yellow Peach grabbing Luigi and floating with Normal Peach. So wouldn't this mean the palette swap....why does the palette swap even exist?
Two words: Sakurai's laziness. You'd think he purposely didn't make a true Daisy alt because he feels that she's a low priority character (Like Takamaru or any other "considered option) and she probably didn't receive enough requests pre-development. PushDustIn's research even said that an explosion of Daisy supporters happened just because of Rosalina's inclusion alone and how they felt that she deserved a shot because of that.

Popularity plays into a huge factor for a character's inclusion and the developers worked hard on the Koopalings alts since they arguably suited Junior's playstyle and knew that these guys were more popular than him. If Daisy were to somehow gain some notability during the Smash Ballot race, then he would think about whether she's deserving as her own character or being a full on alt in the next game.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Two words: Sakurai's laziness. You'd think he purposely didn't make a true Daisy alt because he feels that she's a low priority character (Like Takamaru or any other "considered option) and she probably didn't receive enough requests pre-development. PushDustIn's research even said that an explosion of Daisy supporters happened just because of Rosalina's inclusion alone and how they felt that she deserved a shot because of that.

Popularity plays into a huge factor for a character's inclusion and the developers worked hard on the Koopalings alts since they arguably suited Junior's playstyle and knew that these guys were more popular than him. If Daisy were to somehow gain some notability during the Smash Ballot race, then he would think about whether she's deserving as her own character or being a full on alt in the next game.
This doesn't explain Lucina, Dark Pit and Dr Mario...

Even if Dark Pit happens to be created by Saku...rai. DAT BIAS

I should look up PushDustIn.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
This doesn't explain Lucina, Dark Pit and Dr Mario...

Even if Dark Pit happens to be created by Saku...rai. DAT BIAS

I should look up PushDustIn.
We all know that Sakurai is a Fire Emblem fanboy in disguise, so he thought Lucina would have been a nice alt (Same goes for Edgy Pit and Dr. Mario).

But in the end, it was them having different properties (and other developmental issues) that made them the ideal last minute clones to begin with. Though in a way, being clones in Smash 4 were beneficial to the Clone Trio since the first two were fan favorites while the latter was a memorable Melee clone veteran.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's just that Daisy, unfortunately, does not have her own game from which to draw moves. I really wish she did; it would be awesome if she got her own spin-off like Wario, Luigi, Peach and Toad (finally) have.
And in many of the games she does appear in, she is usually a counterpart to/partner of Peach. Originally, she really was to Peach what Luigi is to Mario. Of course she's not the same person, but I just don't think it would be out of the question for Daisy and Peach to at least share some moves.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
It's just that Daisy, unfortunately, does not have her own game from which to draw moves. I really wish she did; it would be awesome if she got her own spin-off like Wario, Luigi, Peach and Toad (finally) have.
And in many of the games she does appear in, she is usually a counterpart to/partner of Peach. Originally, she really was to Peach what Luigi is to Mario. Of course she's not the same person, but I just don't think it would be out of the question for Daisy and Peach to at least share some moves.
She has the ENTIRE catalog of spin off games to pull from (especially Mario Strikers)

Speaking of @ PushDustIn PushDustIn I hear he is a data-miner. Maybe he has more to share about the palette swaps.

D

Deleted member

Poor Daisy, Foreman Spike, Dark Link, Masked Man, Wolf, Keeby, Roy, Eddie the Mean Old Yeti, Dixie Kong, Nowi, Cordelia, Sumia, Tharja, Lissa, Tiki, Cherche, Anna, Serra, Seven, Silver the Hedgehog, Reyn, Dunban, Sharla, Melia, Riki, Leif, Dark Meta Knight, Galacta Knight, Fuel, Pandora, Medusa, Charlie, Brittany, Viridi, and Banjo Kazooie....

Damn, that's a lot of Fire Emblem and Xenobalde characters as pallet swaps. :troll:
There's more too, like Fierce Deity Link, Dark Samus, Classic Link, Waluigi...but Banjo-Kazooie is not a pallet swap. :p
She has the ENTIRE catalog of spin off games to pull from (especially Mario Strikers)
Yes, she does, but are sports spin-off games really how we want Daisy to be represented in Smash Bros? And are they really representative of just Daisy? I don't mind if she has a couple moves pulled from that (like Peach's Smash attack) but since her appearance in those games hasn't apparently warranted her a spot in Smash Bros. so far, I don't like the idea of all her moves being based on them.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750

Speaking of @ PushDustIn PushDustIn I hear he is a data-miner. Maybe he has more to share about the palette swaps.

Joking, what kind of information do you want?
The palette swaps/ alts are just labelled as follows: (fighter name), (fightername)c01, (fightername)c02, etc

If you are talking about this:

Then yeah, I heard a lot of Daisy fans when I was doing research back in February. Not really sure about the current state, but I think she was mentioned once or twice in the last major translation I did ("What's a Shovel Knight?).

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3

Joking, what kind of information do you want?
The palette swaps/ alts are just labelled as follows: (fighter name), (fightername)c01, (fightername)c02, etc

If you are talking about this:

Then yeah, I heard a lot of Daisy fans when I was doing research back in February. Not really sure about the current state, but I think she was mentioned once or twice in the last major translation I did ("What's a Shovel Knight?).
This piqued my interest. What did you translate? Was it official? I like asking questions

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Oh yes, that infamous poll. I can hear the comments now "WHY WOULD ANYONE VOTE FOR DAISY" 1000 points
It picked up quite a bit of traction after DLC was actually announced. Which was silly, because I actually held a much better poll that ended the day before the Nintendo Direct (by coincide). And that Japanese DLC perception article was written in February.

In that one: Daisy is ranked 28/29/ 30th in Japanese, and 43rd in the English version and in the combined version. Percentage wise, she might have slightly more support in Japan than she does in the West.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
It picked up quite a bit of traction after DLC was actually announced. Which was silly, because I actually held a much better poll that ended the day before the Nintendo Direct (by coincide). And that Japanese DLC perception article was written in February.

In that one: Daisy is ranked 28/29/ 30th in Japanese, and 43rd in the English version and in the combined version. Percentage wise, she might have slightly more support in Japan than she does in the West.
Google Docs can easily be botted.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Google Docs can easily be botted.
This one wasn't. Took steps to ensure that botting wouldn't happen (like required questions and having people write their opinions). Plus the new ones have had a huge increase in participation. It was hard to convince people to take it before the Dlc was announced, let alone rig it. have the full results, which I really should post soon. It is taking long to release because all the languages were mixed together in one form (though it didn't look like that to the people voted) and I got super distracted with the Dlc announcements, leaks and reactions.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
This one wasn't. Took steps to ensure that botting wouldn't happen (like required questions and having people write their opinions). Plus the new ones have had a huge increase in participation. It was hard to convince people to take it before the Dlc was announced, let alone rig it. have the full results, which I really should post soon. It is taking long to release because all the languages were mixed together in one form (though it didn't look like that to the people voted) and I got super distracted with the Dlc announcements, leaks and reactions.
That's actually rather nice since I hoping that biting would have been an issue for the data process. You know how those trolls are, causing trouble for anything or anyone on the Internet. :laugh:

Though it's great to hear that you were collecting data soon as the ballot was announced since it would be nice to see some recent data at the moment unlike the other unprofessional polls around. I'll be looking forward to the final results since it would be thrilling to see the amount of competition for the Top 20 Spots (Plus Daisy's current status).

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
That's actually rather nice since I hoping that biting would have been an issue for the data process. You know how those trolls are, causing trouble for anything or anyone on the Internet. :laugh:

Though it's great to hear that you were collecting data soon as the ballot was announced since it would be nice to see some recent data at the moment unlike the other unprofessional polls around. I'll be looking forward to the final results since it would be thrilling to see the amount of competition for the Top 20 Spots (Plus Daisy's current status).
The last poll I did was finished the day before the ballot was announced. I might attempt to collect more data later on, but I haven't collected anything post ballot. TheNerdy1 did a big poll after the ballot was announced that got a lot of attention.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Speaking of ballot rigging, I noticed that since I started watching this thread, it has bumped from 900 to 1,500 replies. If we keep this forum on the top of the page, we might be able to.....manipulate the results. :chuckle:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

And from that poll, it's clear to see why Lucas was announced as returning, as he is the most popular. Since Sakurai does seem to favor Japanese opinions, that actually helps the chances of Daisy.

But I was rather disappointed to see that of the cut veterans, Ivysaur was lowest, even below Pichu! What?! Here in the west virtually no one wants Pichu back, haha.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I just found the perfect tagline if Daisy get a trailer: Daisy Busts In! #BustyDaisy
Careful, the Cia supporters might not like it since they came up with it first.

Oh wait, she's far too sexualized to be in Smash anyways. :troll:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
That Classic Daisy picture and the Melee alts are extremely similar to each other. Unlike the Brawl costume.

Say @ PushDustIn PushDustIn why do think the devs removed the flowers from Peach's yellow dress and earrings?

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
I'm not sure if this is even allowed, but it's time for the hourly bump (except for when I need to do other things)

Bump. Hmm....one of Busty Daisy's smash attacks could be the BUMP. If you know what I mean :awesome:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'm not sure if this is even allowed, but it's time for the hourly bump (except for when I need to do other things)

Bump. Hmm....one of Busty Daisy's smash attacks could be the BUMP. If you know what I mean :awesome:
So basically a rump attack like Peach's back throw and Side Special?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Astaroth's Body Slash for a female character would be so hilarious. Though extra points if it's inspired by Haggar's version of the move. :awesome:
Trust me. It is. just imagine this, Astaroth sized.

But back on topic, I also tried recreating Daisy in SoulCalibur 5 (it's almost a year since the last time I played ._.)

Top Bottom