• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

Zeriora

Smash Apprentice
VERY stupid idea, you know what sakurai will do, he'll make daisy a peach clone. NO MORE CLONES PLEASE.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
VERY stupid idea, you know what sakurai will do, he'll make daisy a peach clone. NO MORE CLONES PLEASE.
Yeah, I don't want another Peach-clone.
Rosalina was bad enough already, another bad clone would be overkill.

Oh. Wait.

I know exactly what Sakurai will do.
He'll make an amazing moveset that'll bring a new archetype to Smash.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
This thread is reaching the Robin Social thread in terms of volume of shipping. :laugh:

Keep it up. :lick:

:231:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
This thread is reaching the Robin Social thread in terms of volume of shipping. :laugh:

What can we say, shipping is the best part of any fandom. :awesome:

Wait, I've though of the best Daisy pairing in history after remembering her classic routes...

Mario x Daisy! We all know that this was our first OTP after we all beat Super Mario Land on the Game Boy. :troll:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
This image gave me a good laugh (and tears)

Same, plenty of anti-Daisy images had spawned soon after the day Rosalina joined the roster. The way her face in drawn in the comic reminds me of a hamster (not like I'm not fond of them in any way).

WillLi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Syaoran05
Considering the only clone in Mario is Doc, I really doubt Sakurai would make Daisy a Peach clone. But even still -anyone- suggested is at risk of being a clone. Look at C.Falcon and Ganon, not even the same series and their moves are so similar, though they've been branching more and more. Clone only applies when they get lazy. It has nothing to do with characters being similar or from the same series.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Considering the only clone in Mario is Doc, I really doubt Sakurai would make Daisy a Peach clone. But even still -anyone- suggested is at risk of being a clone. Look at C.Falcon and Ganon, not even the same series and their moves are so similar, though they've been branching more and more. Clone only applies when they get lazy. It has nothing to do with characters being similar or from the same series.
Well Luigi is technically a semi clone of Mario. They share a lot of moves such as the back air and back throw.

WillLi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Syaoran05
Well Luigi is technically a semi clone of Mario. They share a lot of moves such as the back air and back throw.
They have enough difference that you can't really call them clones, half their specials are entirely different, they have totally different jump mechanics now thanks to Luigi's air walk, and a good variety of their normals are different.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Rosalina has quite a thick neck. :troll:

Luigi is hardly even a semi-clone at this point. They only look similar now. Even their aerials and throws are different.

Which is awesome because I main Luigi! Why did they have to nerf his fireballs.

Meanwhile, Daisy, Dixie and Wolf get the palette swap treatment

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Which is awesome because I main Luigi! Why did they have to nerf his fireballs.

Meanwhile, Daisy, Dixie and Wolf get the palette swap treatment
Uh... the general consensus is that the fireballs were buffed. :confused:

(I moderate the Luigi boards. Might want to check there.)

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Uh... the general consensus is that the fireballs were buffed. :confused:

(I moderate the Luigi boards. Might want to check there.)

The fireballs do 7/6/5 instead of 6/6/6. And they don't have Mario's advantage of long traveling and are not affected by gravity. The tips haven't even been updated to reflect this change.

I don't get palette swaps instead of full on alternate costumes...how did Lucina and Doctor Mario get full slots, while Dixie and Daisy costumes don't even look like the real deal....

It's almost insulting.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I don't get palette swaps instead of full on alternate costumes...how did Lucina and Doctor Mario get full slots, while Dixie and Daisy costumes don't even look like the real deal....

It's almost insulting.
Yeah. No idea why Brawl degraded Melee's Daisy palette swap. It was easily the most original one in Melee, and now it's no different from any of the ordinary ones. :ohwell:

NNID
Samyatang
And, uh, the Daisy palette swap for Peach was OK and Melee, and Brawl, (somewhat.) But now, it's downright insulting. 2015 and Daisy is STILL a palette swap for Peach...smh. And to make matters worse, Peach is my LEAST favorite character...having my least favorite character dress up as my favorite character...yeah, that couldn't suck more.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Yeah. No idea why Brawl degraded Melee's Daisy palette swap. It was easily the most original one in Melee, and now it's no different from any of the ordinary ones. :ohwell:

Just asking....was there any other trophies in Brawl mentioning Mario Strikers, except for Daisy and Mario himself?

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Just asking....was there any other trophies in Brawl mentioning Mario Strikers, except for Daisy?
No. Which I found strange, because that isn't her default appearance. Well, I guess Nintendo doesn't mind a little fanservice in the Mario games either. :4lemmy:

EDIT: There was a Striker Mario trophy.

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
No. Which I found strange, because that isn't her default appearance. Well, I guess Nintendo doesn't mind a little fanservice in the Mario games either. :4lemmy:

Also the striker trophy description mentions her in Super Mario Land and Mario Tennis....and Mario's just says Mario Strikers.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Just asking....was there any other trophies in Brawl mentioning Mario Strikers, except for Daisy and Mario himself?
Well, there was the Kritter since he was special enough to get more than one trophy. But we can't blame Sakurai since he's one hell of a goalie.

If anyone in here didn't already know, today is Princess Daisy's 26th Anniversary. :)
Holy cow, now I definitely need to finish that "Vote for Daisy" picture tonight. I should have know that her anniversary was happening soon.

Then today we storm Nintendo HQ an demand our princess be put in.
Perfect plan here! :awesome:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux

Shipping in the Robin thread? They've truly embraced the gameplay of Awakening.

Nothing like the Triforce threads where absolutely nothing makes sense.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Robin x Daisy, nothing can get any better than that. :troll:

Inb4 Tharja tries to kill Daisy for stealing her man.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Who said anything about a man? :4robinf:
Fem!Robin is girly enough for Daisy's tastes and that's how see like 'em. This is worthy of an official fanfiction.

Then we just ship the last two.

That's how we cut trophies from the game roll.
Tharja wouldn't be a bad choice either since they're both hot stuff (Plus they have "da booty"). I can already imagine their fanfiction being full of laughs and fanservice. :awesome:

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
At this rate we'll be constantly on top of the character boards, convicing cynics such as @ Aetheri Aetheri that Daisy isn't a worse Peach....heh heh.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
At this rate we'll be constantly on top of the character boards, convicing cynics such as @ Aetheri Aetheri that Daisy isn't a worse Peach....heh heh.
Really? Singling me out literally for no reason when I made one comment then calling me a cynic?
I have a right to my own opinion but I'm not headlining any sort of anti-daisy campaign...there is a reason I have not commented here in the first place...

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
*Looks at the users reading this thread*

You do realize what you had done, right?
Really? Singling me out literally for no reason when I made one comment then calling me a cynic?
I have a right to my own opinion but I'm not headlining any sort of anti-daisy campaign...there is a reason I have not commented here in the first place...
Uh oh, I didn't realise this actually signalled the user I mentioned to this thread. Sorry :p

Seeing your avatar made me realise how awesome it would be if an AGILE sword fighter made it's way onto Smash (All of the swordfighters have laggy moves)

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Uh oh, I didn't realise this actually signalled the user I mentioned to this thread. Sorry :p

Seeing your avatar made me realise how awesome it would be if an AGILE sword fighter made it's way onto Smash (All of the swordfighters have laggy moves)
Hmm...'not sure if actually sincere or kissing ass'....

Either way I'm not the kind of person to start fights over these sort of things especially on the net...but let me tell you something just so you're aware....
If you are willing to support and stand behind your character then by all means go for it 100% of the way...but talking behind people's backs when they disagree with the character's possible inclusion (I admit I'd be VERY disappointed if Daisy becomes dlc) it doesn't exactly help your cause very much...

I'm not one for being vocal about characters I dislike as I was merely using Daisy as an example for a discussion on another thread...and by worse Peach, I meant I'd probably dislike her more than Peach...

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If Daisy were to end up a Clone I'd hope they at least do a Lucas level Job on her as well as changing the Toad special to something else. Does any Peach playaer ever actually use that move?

WillLi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Syaoran05
If Daisy were to end up a Clone I'd hope they at least do a Lucas level Job on her as well as changing the Toad special to something else. Does any Peach playaer ever actually use that move?
I'm not a Peach main but I know I have to read like days into the future to actually have enough time to pull toad out in the first place to hit with it, it feels like it takes forever to come out.

Zeldaisy

Smash Apprentice
Peach's moveset makes no sense on Daisy. Daisy wouldn't use her own citizens as counter moves or throw turnips, or glide, or use hearts or her crown. I literally just blocked all of Peach's moves, and jesus we know DAISY won't put her opponents to sleep for her final smash. She'd put on a show, that diva.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Peach's moveset makes no sense on Daisy. Daisy wouldn't use her own citizens as counter moves or throw turnips, or glide, or use hearts or her crown. I literally just blocked all of Peach's moves, and jesus we know DAISY won't put her opponents to sleep for her final smash. She'd put on a show, that diva.
I soo agree. People need to stop calling Daisy a Peach clone. In contrast to Peach's elegant dance Final Smash which puts opponents to sleep, I'd love Daisy to have a more funky dance Final Smash, where she maybe gets her groove or her bass on and starts shaking her hips and all that. Instead of putting opponents to sleep, Daisy's dance would cause petals to blow through the screen, dealing high damage as you touch them, similar to PK Star Storm, only horizontal instead of how Ness's one is vertical.

On second thought maybe dancing doesn't suit Daisy, but I've always had another Final Smash idea called Garden Trap where she makes a large garden appear on the ground. Opponents who touch it would gradually increase in damage and also become very slow. It would have no knockback but deals a lot of damage. It'd be very similar to the Ice Climber's Final Smash.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

I'd figured that I would create this for Daisy's anniversary before I do some giraffe research with my girlfriend tonight. I've created this image in a way where none of the more interesting things are covered and that the screen is heavily focused on Daisy's badassery. And don't worry, I've already asked the original artist for permission before doing this. And before anyone asks about the quality/resolution, I've shrunken it on purpose with Imgur so that the original image wouldn't swallow the entire post with its massive size.

Any thoughts or is it good?

Last edited:
Top Bottom