• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
Lol. What happened to all the talk about Daisy's lovely chest area?

I was enjoying that. XD

Oh yeah! And I got a girl's number at a smash tourney I went to today!!

Fingers crossed she's at least bi/gay. X3

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
#BustyDaisy :pimp:
http://www.deviantart.com/art/Commission-Daisy-526994202[/spoiler]

Did somebody say Busty Dasiy? :troll:

And the best part about this image is that she's holding a Smash Ball and her design is drastically different. It's like they combined elements of her dress and sports outfit during the making of this image (Which is something literally none of us thought of before).

Damn, it appears that somebody had shared a link to our Support Thread a few days ago if you look at the comment section of the image source link. And now I'm convinced that our new fans that's been appearing lately had originated from that community. O_o

Last edited:

Zeldaisy

Smash Apprentice
Hi I'm ---- well, you know...

I finished my Vote for Daisy picture! I gladly give permission for anyone here to use this image for the right purpuse, raising awareness and helping out Daisy gain votes, that is. You can also edit it on photoshop as long as you give me credit when you use this image, of course.

#NotSo #BustyDaisy

http://kawaiiotakugamer.deviantart....s-DLC-527555273?ga_submit_new=10%3A1429329054

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hi I'm ---- well, you know...

I finished my Vote for Daisy picture! I gladly give permission for anyone here to use this image for the right purpuse, raising awareness and helping out Daisy gain votes, that is. You can also edit it on photoshop as long as you give me credit when you use this image, of course.

#NotSo #BustyDaisy

http://kawaiiotakugamer.deviantart.com/art/Princess-Daisy-for-Smash-brothers-DLC-527555273?ga_submit_new=10%3A1429329054
This is so beautiful, I loved what you did with the colors for the image. That background also looks too perfect to pass up since it's rather fitting for her character. Well done on the final piece, @ Zeldaisy Zeldaisy ! :love:

As for whipping up another "Vote for Daisy", I might think about using it to share on Tumblr as long as I give you credit (Most of her supporters and fans lurk there these days). It will be at the top of my list of things to do tomorrow night since I would have enough "juice" for editing after a good night's rest.

Zeldaisy

Smash Apprentice
This is so beautiful, I loved what you did with the colors for the image. That background also looks too perfect to pass up since it's rather fitting for her character. Well done on the final piece, @ Zeldaisy Zeldaisy ! :love:

As for whipping up another "Vote for Daisy", I might think about using it to share on Tumblr as long as I give you credit (Most of her supporters and fans lurk there these days). It will be at the top of my list of things to do tomorrow night since I would have enough "juice" for editing after a good night's rest.
^w^ thanks! I WILL continue to do more Daisy art, and please do post this on tumblr! Give me a link to your tumblr if you like, so I can follow you. I can't wait to get another picture done, I'm just glad to help my favorite Princess!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
^w^ thanks! I WILL continue to do more Daisy art, and please do post this on tumblr! Give me a link to your tumblr if you like, so I can follow you. I can't wait to get another picture done, I'm just glad to help my favorite Princess!
This is my actual Tumblr account that I use, though I have a few others that I rarely use anymore. As you can see, I'm quite the Shonen and Capcom fan since childhood (Even though Jump vs Capcom will never happen these days). :laugh:

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/the-shonen-kid

No problem, Daisy needs all the help she can get with big guys like Paper Mario and Geno around. And it appears that the first "Busty Day" image had up to 4 reflags and 20 likes so far, which is quite surprising given that fans are against Mario sexualization.

Last edited:

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
Here's my opinion... I don't see Daisy coming in, but she certainly isn't as :083: as some other characters I have seen being requested. My main piece of evidence that supports Daisy not coming into Smash is the Peach color variation of her. I feel that this was made to replicate Daisy. I do not believe she would ever become her own individual character (although it's possible, considering the clones). I imagine her being an alternate costume, similar to Iggy, Morton, Wendy, etc. The name of the character would in fact be Daisy, but with Peach's moveset. I think that would be the closest we'd ever get.

Edit: About the Peach color variation... many speculate Wolf is coming into Smash, but Fox does have a Wolf color variation (and a custom moved named/executed after Wolf in Brawl!) If Wolf does make it in, I think this would somewhat help Daisy appearing. It would prove that even a character with a color variation could still make an appearance.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Here's my opinion... I don't see Daisy coming in, but she certainly isn't as :083: as some other characters I have seen being requested. My main piece of evidence that supports Daisy not coming into Smash is the Peach color variation of her. I feel that this was made to replicate Daisy. I do not believe she would ever become her own individual character (although it's possible, considering the clones). I imagine her being an alternate costume, similar to Iggy, Morton, Wendy, etc. The name of the character would in fact be Daisy, but with Peach's moveset. I think that would be the closest we'd ever get.

Edit: About the Peach color variation... many speculate Wolf is coming into Smash, but Fox does have a Wolf color variation (and a custom moved named/executed after Wolf in Brawl!) If Wolf does make it in, I think this would somewhat help Daisy appearing. It would prove that even a character with a color variation could still make an appearance.
I believe that the whole Daisy alternate with the different voice clips and name "Daisy" should have been done to begin with given all the attention Bowser Jr. and the "avatar" characters had this time. It seems pretty weird for Sakurai to keep the plain pallete swap for the third time when other characters had a lot of work into them to make an "impossible" character playable in a way where they would seem like another character instead of a costume. While it is rather suspicious, we will never know what really goes on in Sakurai's twisted little mind since he thinks differently than us. We are going to have another Capcom character and a 5th Fire Emblem rep in the future after all to prove this.

As for that last part, I still do think that Wolf might in the works as the last cut Brawl veteran given that he's a fan favorite and we're having a new Star fox game in the future. If Lucas and possibly Roy is any thing to go by, I'd imagine Sakurai going full troll mode and giving us Wolf on the spot by the end of this year (Or August at the earliest). Though I do agree with your last point about Wolf's inclusion helping Daisy in a way since both characters are currently alts for now.

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3

They removed almost all of the Daisy references in Brawl for that costume, and Lucas has Ness' custom moves. If they wanted to make the Peach alt to replace Daisy, they would give her voice clips just like Female Robin and the Koopalings. And I don't think Daisy has anything to do with vegetables.

Also the only trophy in Brawl resembling Daisy is Striker Daisy, and 3DS only has Tennis Daisy (It could mean nothing....)

WillLi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Syaoran05

Considering Mario has colors of Wario, and that didn't stop him, mainly because Wario was wearing a 'new outfit' the same could apply to Daisy. After all Peach has Daisy's dress, but Daisy would be unlikely to show up at such an event in a dress, but rather her sports gear. So if that was done she'd look totally different from what Daisy colored Peach would look like.

The decline of her trophies could be a good or bad thing depending on how you look at it, but there is one thing that's good. Daisy is one of the few characters in smashtour with an item trophy and not in the game in some way shape or form, and since they didn't actually put her in as an alternate (which would've been pretty easy) I think someone was thinking about her when they were deciding the roster.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Quite an odd topic the thread is on... :p

I need to post here more. I've been a fan of Daisy ever since Mario Tennis 64 and Mario Party 3. I have an odd tendency to like secondary characters more than the protagonist, like
  • Waluigi > Wario = Luigi > Mario
  • Daisy > Peach
  • Diddy > DK
  • Dedede = Meta Knight > Kirby

I wonder why that is...

:231:

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Considering Mario has colors of Wario, and that didn't stop him, mainly because Wario was wearing a 'new outfit' the same could apply to Daisy. After all Peach has Daisy's dress, but Daisy would be unlikely to show up at such an event in a dress, but rather her sports gear. So if that was done she'd look totally different from what Daisy colored Peach would look like.

The decline of her trophies could be a good or bad thing depending on how you look at it, but there is one thing that's good. Daisy is one of the few characters in smashtour with an item trophy and not in the game in some way shape or form, and since they didn't actually put her in as an alternate (which would've been pretty easy) I think someone was thinking about her when they were deciding the roster.
Daisy actually has THREE trophies in Smash for Wii U, more than even Waluigi (and the same as some fighters) so I don't really get this.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

I need to post here more. I've been a fan of Daisy ever since Mario Tennis 64 and Mario Party 3. I have an odd tendency to like secondary characters more than the protagonist, like
  • Daisy > Peach
  • Diddy > DK

I wonder why that is...

Maybe it's because of the trend in which the secondary characters can be more charming than the main protagonists thenselves. I've said something along those lines on the last page regarding which spinoff characters are "important" to Mario spinoff a regarding their appearance and constant appearances in the games.

Like for example, Waluigi and Daisy were not only specifically created to be partners of two canon characters. Though, they exist for those who might find them more interesting than who they're "paired" with hence their reoccurring appearance. This most likely proves that characters like Daisy and other spinoff characters aren't fodder as most fans would say because of their lack of canon appearances (I've heard many times that the Super Mario Land games aren't a part of the main Mario canon).

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Also, it's simply interesting to be able to play other characters for once. Why play Mario again in Mario Kart when you can play Honey Queen Rosalina or a Shy Guy?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
(I've heard many times that the Super Mario Land games aren't a part of the main Mario canon).
There is a Mario canon? :troll:

Didn't Miyamoto say they were just a group of actors?
As Shakespeare would say - All the world's a stage,
And all men and women merely players

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3

Well technically Smash Bros isn't even canon, it's just toys to life controlled by a hand :p

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
I prefer the way that games such as Mario Kart 8 handled treatment of Daisy; she was moved from an unlockable character in the bottom row to a "main character" in the top row, right next to Mario, Luigi and Peach. She also has a baby alt just like the other humans except for Wario and Waluigi. It doesn't make her feel like an afterthought.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Right, I forgot about that simple detail. So that makes Daisy and the other spinoff characters "as canon" as the main cast. It's a pretty great concept describing the franchise nonetheless. :troll:

I prefer the way that games such as Mario Kart 8 handled treatment of Daisy; she was moved from an unlockable character in the bottom row to a "main character" in the top row, right next to Mario, Luigi and Peach. She also has a baby alt just like the other humans except for Wario and Waluigi. It doesn't make her feel like an afterthought.
Same here, it was nice to see her as a starting character for once (If Mario Kart Double Dash didn't count). Also, Baby Daisy is even cuter than Baby Peach will ever be. I mean look at that cute little flower crown she has on her adorable chubby head.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I don't like any of the baby characters, to be honest. :ohwell:

I take it that you had horrible memories of Yoshi's Island or its DS counterpart? I can't blame you if it's true since their cries were more unnatural to the point of being annoying. :laugh:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I take it that you had horrible memories of Yoshi's Island or its DS counterpart? I can't blame you if it's true since their cries were more unnatural to the point of being annoying. :laugh:
I think they're pretty unoriginal. The only baby who's really significant in the Mario universe is Baby Mario and the rest are just... there. Mario has a lot of more interesting characters - E. Gadd, Fawful, Nabbit, who would add more visual variety.

WillLi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Syaoran05
Daisy actually has THREE trophies in Smash for Wii U, more than even Waluigi (and the same as some fighters) so I don't really get this.
Ah, I haven't collected all the trophies, I think I only have one of Daisy, so I thought she was still not getting many in WiiU

• Daisy > Peach
  • Diddy > DK

I wonder why that is...

It's because you are awesome that's why, also a Patchy fan it looks like. Let us Patchy and Daisy fans unite.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I think they're pretty unoriginal. The only baby who's really significant in the Mario universe is Baby Mario and the rest are just... there. Mario has a lot of more interesting characters - E. Gadd, Fawful, Nabbit, who would add more visual variety.

Nabbit actually would have been a nice Mario Kart DLC character given all the attention he's having. With his bib, we can all agree that he's secretly a Bowser Jr. fanboy. :troll:

Watching Shokio's video on the Roy/Ryu subjects makes me realize that he's under the impression of Mario having enough characters. He still think that Yoshi, Wario, DK, and Diddy are still Mario characters despite the fact that they star in their own games (Not to mention having their own series icons by the way). And I thought the whole Ridley debates were crazy, though Sakurai himself said that Ridley is too impossible to be a fighter.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Nabbit actually would have been a nice Mario Kart DLC character given all the attention he's having. With his bib, we can all agree that he's secretly a Bowser Jr. fanboy. :troll:

Watching Shokio's video on the Roy/Ryu subjects makes me realize that he's under the impression of Mario having enough characters. He still think that Yoshi, Wario, DK, and Diddy are still Mario characters despite the fact that they star in their own games (Not to mention having their own series icons by the way). And I thought the whole Ridley debates were crazy, though Sakurai himself said that Ridley is too impossible to be a fighter.
If we count it like that then we have 6 Mario reps....which is still a lot Rosalina!

If we count the seven Koopalings,then it is 13

Mario reps. If we count Yoshi, 14

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
yes, here are some screen caps of one I just did now

Nice, that's pretty great what you did there. Spread the love of Daisy to everyone and make them realize why our Lord and Savior is better than Geno.

As for me, I'm planning on sharing another "Vote for Daisy" image on Tumblr later thanks to @ Zeldaisy Zeldaisy 's drawing. But that will probably happen after working on a few papers at the moment.

Welcome to the clan @ WeirdChillFever WeirdChillFever as I will add you to the list in a bit. ;)

Last edited:

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Nice, that's pretty great what you did there. Spread the love of Daisy to everyone and make them realize why our Lord and Savior is better than Geno.

As for me, I'm planning on sharing another "Vote for Daisy" image on Tumblr later thanks to @ Zeldaisy Zeldaisy 's drawing. But that will probably happen after working on a few papers at the moment.

Welcome to the clan @ WeirdChillFever WeirdChillFever as I will add you to the list in a bit. ;)
lmao calling Daisy "our Lord and Savior" xD

Top Bottom