• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The San Antonio Melee thread: We have a scene again!

S.O.S.

Smash Lord
Wait, were you EXPECTING a working Melee community in San Antonio?
lol.
the original sa melee community (first 6 years of the games life) was much larger and more organized then the sa brawl community ever was.(there were ALOT of players. Tournaments were going on practically every weekend.)as for the sa brawl community all i see is a bunch of n00bz and a sonic player who doesnt really win any tournaments outside of sa. sadly no amount of trolling is going to fix how badly the sa brawl community sucks. or just brawl in general for that matter.

and trust me theres no way brawls lifespan/ interest will be as lasting as melees is. (7 years+) aka i highly doubt brawl will still be being played come 2015(tournaments and such) and if it is people need to go outside and get a girl friend or something else worthwhile.

alas im sure i will be drowned in flames soon. . . <3

and trolling a dead melee board at 5;18 am. . . . . . lol sure is an eventful life you got going on there espy ^.~

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
the original sa melee community (first 6 years of the games life) was much larger and more organized then the sa brawl community ever was.(there were ALOT of players. Tournaments were going on practically every weekend.)
Guess everyone just dropped off and said "**** it" then, right?

as for the sa brawl community all i see is a bunch of n00bz and a sonic player who doesnt really win any tournaments outside of sa. sadly no amount of trolling is going to fix how badly the sa brawl community sucks. or just brawl in general for that matter.
I don't care about winning (if I did, I'd play Meta Knight/Snake/Diddy). Besides, we all know that pretty much everyone in San Antonio sucks. San Antonio is garbage at both games. We'd be winning money otherwise, right? We can't even win our own tournaments either. lol.

But you know what? We have a **** good, fun time trying. Ain't all about being good and winning.

and trust me theres no way brawls lifespan/ interest will be as lasting as melees is. (7 years+) aka i highly doubt brawl will still be being played come 2015(tournaments and such) and if it is people need to go outside and get a girl friend or something else worthwhile.
Of course not, quit saying such stupid things. Besides, what you've said at the end will also apply to Melee.

and trolling a dead melee board at 5;18 am. . . . . . lol sure is an eventful life you got going on there espy ^.~
Lol, you just said it yourself. San Antonio Melee is dead.

I had just come back from a party, son. You'd understand if you were somewhat social.

S.O.S.

Smash Lord
I had just come back from a party, son. You'd understand if you were somewhat social.

right. i guess your my fairy god mother who follows me around to determine if i am a social person or not. i am a very social person to the people that matter. while were on the topic of things outside of smash i just have 2 ask. . . have you ever gotten laid espy? or are you a 20 year old virgin? not trying to be offensive at all. i am genuinely curious. seeing as how you go to partys and your social and all.

as for the topic of smash idc. i admit melee is dead. but i still have alot of wonderful memories from that game and all the people that i met through it. it changed my life just by playing it and by befriending all the cool people that played it to.(i mean that literally. i would of never met either of my gf's if it wasnt indirectly due to smash. lol) i suppose the same can be said for brawl just the same. so with that said i can respect where you guys enjoy your game and have fun with it. there is definitely indeed more to games then just winning and losing. idk i guess i just <3 melee to much to let it go. definitely a personal problem :p

OhMyGodItzMouf

Smash Journeyman
there's no need to defend melee anymore, it's without a doubt the deeper/more fun game. even most brawl players will tell you that at this point (people are starting to realize how bad brawl sucks finally) so yeah let's just play the game and have fun. i know that'll be a little harder for espy though but hey i'm not here to judge

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
right. i guess your my fairy god mother who follows me around to determine if i am a social person or not. i am a very social person to the people that matter. while were on the topic of things outside of smash i just have 2 ask. . . have you ever gotten laid espy? or are you a 20 year old virgin? not trying to be offensive at all. i am genuinely curious. seeing as how you go to partys and your social and all.

as for the topic of smash idc. i admit melee is dead. but i still have alot of wonderful memories from that game and all the people that i met through it. it changed my life just by playing it and by befriending all the cool people that played it to.(i mean that literally. i would of never met either of my gf's if it wasnt indirectly due to smash. lol) i suppose the same can be said for brawl just the same. so with that said i can respect where you guys enjoy your game and have fun with it. there is definitely indeed more to games then just winning and losing. idk i guess i just <3 melee to much to let it go. definitely a personal problem :p
First section, why would those questions be relevant to the conversation? They should have no affiliation with, nor are they a gauge for my social status/merit.

Second section, fair enough.

there's no need to defend melee anymore, it's without a doubt the deeper/more fun game. even most brawl players will tell you that at this point (people are starting to realize how bad brawl sucks finally) so yeah let's just play the game and have fun. i know that'll be a little harder for espy though but hey i'm not here to judge
It's still a matter of opinion. Brawl isn't as deep, but I still think Brawl is a more pleasurable experience than Melee ever could be, and I know several people who think the same, while I know several people who believe likewise. It's all a matter of personal preference.

And what the hell? I love Melee. I'd be down to play it whenever. Problem though, is that San Antonio is lazy as **** when it comes to setting up Melee stuff, whereas Brawl's scene is steady, consistent, lively, and fun.

We just had a Smashfest with well over 16 people in attendance, which is considerable for just San Antonio, and especially since it wasn't planned out completely. There was a good, decent sized chunk of the scene not in attendance that day, either.

Sucks that San Antonio's Smash scene altogether is small, and everyone in it sucks too hard at both games to make any money anymore. :p

PozerWolf

Smash Journeyman
Ah, the SA Melee scene was too nice.

I remember hosting tournaments back at Gamer's Den in Corpus, and when Melee was involved, of course the SA scene would show up. Thing is, not only did they joined melee, they joined almost every game on that list just for the sake of support the scene.

Good people, really appreciate there help ;)

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
Hey S.O.S, were you willing to house some of houston if we go for Final Smash ? I remember somebody saying that...
We'd head out friday. Have you played SideEffect before? I'll see if I can convince him to go.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Hey S.O.S, were you willing to house some of houston if we go for Final Smash ? I remember somebody saying that...
We'd head out friday. Have you played SideEffect before? I'll see if I can convince him to go.
Bring Ronnie. He's the most mysterious smasher in Texas.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Brawl doubles doesn't really have hype, and Melee doubles will probably only have you, Nike, and Kyle anyways (if you do show).

I probably won't run doubles at all, unfortunately. There's just not enough guaranteed numbers for it.
It'll probably just be Brawl Singles, Melee Singles, Pokemon, and Brawl RCRS.

S.O.S.

Smash Lord
Brawl doubles doesn't really have hype, and Melee doubles will probably only have you, Nike, and Kyle anyways (if you do show).

I probably won't run doubles at all, unfortunately. There's just not enough guaranteed numbers for it.
It'll probably just be Brawl Singles, Melee Singles, Pokemon, and Brawl RCRS.
what is a pokemon tournament? like just poke characters?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
what is a pokemon tournament? like just poke characters?
Tournaments run with Pokemon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum on the Nintendo DS.

Melee would be boring because it'd just be a bunch of Pichus and Jigglypuffs, with a Pikachu or two in the mix.
Brawl would just be Pikachus and Lucarios, since Jigglypuff sucks and PT gets handled by the first two listed.

However, I'd hope that the Pokemon would only start as the last event comes to a close. We have the place for quite awhile, and last time, the Pokemon tournament held up the Brawl singles/doubles by a good thirty minutes or more.

Top Bottom