• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Samus Boards are at Peace | The Dead Social

i made this poll before polls were cool

• Total voters

Sarix

Smash Ace
Alright, I'll just skype you then if I'm having difficulty with an MU.

I do some MU research in my own time but I think the majority of it is possibly just getting from being able to play Samus skillfully to really getting under her skin and finding that psychological comfort in being able to play her.

Edit: Btw I was playing with her Usmash to see if it had ANY decent uses and around mid percents on heavies the last two hits I found could easily lead into a Uair. Sadly it doesn't help Usmash from being a weak option.

Edit2 (derp): Think you could start up a G&W MU thread? I feel like that MU should be touched upon for others.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
i would destroy all of your garbage samus's, but alas i wont be in attendance at apex

Yea, I think I've got it, Its so cool I think ill upload another video.
This is the first : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iAYE6IRJbU

I have a theory now (perhaps you can confirm this Stealth Raptor, being a smash researcher and all) after playing around with Link (I originally skipped him because his jump is so short).

On Lylat cruise, Link apparently can't fullhop to reach the middle platform, he just doesn't quite reach it (poor fella). Now this is horribly sad, but apparently he CAN reach it if you platform cancel. So this means platform cancelling moves your character up without having to actually reach the platform's height?
while i have no exact data to say one way or another it does appear to pull the character up. i dont know the exact mechanics of platform canceling

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
Eh, it's not gonna make the daunting task of getting a lot of activity back in here happen faster.

But at least I'll be able to tweak the threads that need tweaking and stuff like that.

Sarix

Smash Ace
Eh, it's not gonna make the daunting task of getting a lot of activity back in here happen faster.

But at least I'll be able to tweak the threads that need tweaking and stuff like that.
Yeah I agree, Samus has never been a popular character but getting some activity in here will be a start.

Btw feel free to get rid of that god-awful dash attack string thread I made if you can, it's all voided info and has no use sticking around.

Tesh

Smash Hero
i would destroy all of your garbage samus's, but alas i wont be in attendance at apex

while i have no exact data to say one way or another it does appear to pull the character up. i dont know the exact mechanics of platform canceling
I had another question maybe you can help me here. I know it seems a bit obvious, but I'm wondering can you platform cancel during any frame of zair? I've only been able to do it when I buffer the zair with my jump, but I'm wondering could a rising airdodge be done and then cancelled into a zair JUST because platform cancelling. That way you could rise while invincible, without the endlag of your airdodge.

Sarix

Smash Ace
Well I got the crap kicked out of me at a house tourney yesterday lol.

On the plus side when I played one of our PR'd Diddy mains he agreed with me that he didn't see how he hard counters Samus. I feel a little less crazy now lol.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
I had another question maybe you can help me here. I know it seems a bit obvious, but I'm wondering can you platform cancel during any frame of zair? I've only been able to do it when I buffer the zair with my jump, but I'm wondering could a rising airdodge be done and then cancelled into a zair JUST because platform cancelling. That way you could rise while invincible, without the endlag of your airdodge.
i think that could work, just gotta test it though

TheAccursedHunter01

Smash Apprentice
Another addition to(if any) Samus Finder

Hello all! I'm new to Smashboards, but not necessarily to Smash. Samus, as you all know, is the main character of my favorite video game franchise so I wish to improve with her in Brawl. Was hoping to find someone or some people to help me improve my Smash game with Samus.

SWF Name TheAccursedHunter01
Brawl Name(s): Cheif(cause of my gamertag), Huntr
Brawl Friend Code: 1163-5989-2399
Character Color(s): Gravity Suit Samus
Contact Info: Skype Name thecheif01

Also, simple question, how do we win at Brawl?
Simple...we kill the Batman!!!

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
just realized im not on it I CALL SHENANIGANS

SWF Name: Stealth Raptor
Brawl Name: Thor
Brawl Friend Code: too lazy to look up also lolwifi
Character(s) and Color(s): main green pikachu second blue rob and fusion samus
Contact Information: Skype drostealth

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Come to think of it, many of the Samii still here to this day aren't on here. Tempted to just format the whole thing, and readd those who wish to/are still around to do stuff.

But I think we're still not not-dead enough for that. Ah well, for now I'll just play with it for a while, see if I can make it better or prettier.

Sarix

Smash Ace
Well after a few weeks of college I finally thought it would be good to get back on here.

SWF Name TheAccursedHunter01
Brawl Name(s): Cheif(cause of my gamertag), Huntr
Brawl Friend Code: 1163-5989-2399
Character Color(s): Gravity Suit Samus
Contact Info: Skype Name thecheif01

Also, simple question, how do we win at Brawl?
Simple...we kill the Batman!!!
I will have to add you to the skype chat now.

TheAccursedHunter01

Smash Apprentice
I am currently a Gulp.....Freshman*shutter* in college, so when I have free time/am online might suddenly become.....hazardous.
Also, I just now though of something. I know it's from another game but hear me out on this. What if, somehow, Samus was able to acquire the power of the seven Chaos Emeralds to become Super Samus? Sorry bout the randomness, but I just wanted to tell someone before I forget it.

Sarix

Smash Ace
I am currently a Gulp.....Freshman*shutter* in college, so when I have free time/am online might suddenly become.....hazardous.
Also, I just now though of something. I know it's from another game but hear me out on this. What if, somehow, Samus was able to acquire the power of the seven Chaos Emeralds to become Super Samus? Sorry bout the randomness, but I just wanted to tell someone before I forget it.
Welcome to college, your time won't be eaten up as badly unless you take a lot of credits or are an art major, like me.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I was curious enough to make a dip and see what's going on here.

Looks like made a good dip at a good time.

*saves image*

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
After I realised my Falco has gotten garbage (mostly because I don't CG), I've recently picked Samus and ZSS, but I'm focusing more on using her Power Suit version because of the long learning curve of the latter. It's kind of odd to go like this, but that's just me. =p

SWF Name: FlameHyenard, or just Flame.
Brawl Name: FSF (short for my Youtube Channel) or IMFKD (we know what this stands for)
Brawl Friend Code: 3352 - 1516 - 3330
Character(s) and Color(s): Captain Falcon (Default), Ness (White outfit) and Samus (Fusion colors)

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
While armoured Samus may have a low learning curve you're gonna have a lot of trouble for a long time getting her to a competitive level.

Also I'm calling her Armoured Samus from now on. Like a knight or something

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
That's fine by me, as I don't really play competitive that much =p

It doesn't seem to have a lot of people in those boards, is it always like this ?

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
Fair enough!

The boards have their moments. Most of the players have school/families/are busy in some regards. It's a shame but it's nice because the samus mains are mostly good people.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
That's fine by me, as I don't really play competitive that much =p

It doesn't seem to have a lot of people in those boards, is it always like this ?
Fair enough!

The boards have their moments. Most of the players have school/families/are busy in some regards. It's a shame but it's nice because the samus mains are mostly good people.
There is just not enough of us that MAIN samus and that are REGULAR competitors anymore. There are no rivalries and no hope in an age where camp/spam/defensive styles and horrible rulesets rule the streets

Top Bottom