• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Kevinhend

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kevinhend
3DS FC
1504-5780-8640
Wait, how did anyone haven't realized that the baby is also a trauma! The english quote is a mistranslation, so that doesn't apply.
F***, we had it right in front of our eyes the whole time!
Woo! I guess my realization wasn't entirely in vain! Not entirely sure how it helps Ridley's situation though, aside from the fact that Sakurai may not even have been talking about him at that point.
Wait, does that mean it's not actually a tease-anniversary?

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Woah, we reached page 1337 already?

On-topic mode: If swimming is confirmed to return for this game (which I think so because of Tortimer's Island), do you think Ridley will turn out to be a horrible swimmer?

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
Here's something I've been wondering for a while.

I don't know about you guys, but the tip of Ridley's tail looks almost as big, if not bigger than Pikachu. That seems a bit bigger than the version of Ridley you guys have come up with by using his shadow. Anyone have an explanation why?
The camera is hovering in the air, high above Pikachu and beneath Ridley's flight path. It could be that the tail is closer to the camera than Pikachu is because of its position. This is of course, just a conjecture.
Ironically, with a tail bone of a size comparable to Pikachu, Ridley would be quite smaller than his actual Metroid Other M incarnation.

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman

On-topic mode: If swimming is confirmed to return for this game (which I think so because of Tortimer's Island), do you think Ridley will turn out to be a horrible swimmer?
Ridley would drown faster than Sonic.
Mainly because, yeah, his air game is TOO GOOD.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

I don't know about you guys, but the tip of Ridley's tail looks almost as big, if not bigger than Pikachu. That seems a bit bigger than the version of Ridley you guys have come up with by using his shadow. Anyone have an explanation why?
Characters look frickin' huge when they slam into the screen as well. Its just forced perspective, they zoom in the camera to make things look bigger. Ridley's tail swings around quite a bit, his tail just swung closer to the camera during that one point.

Morbi

Scavenger

I thought that you could not swim in Tortimer's Island. Ridley does not need to swim anyways, that is why he flies.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Swimming was actually DISCONFIRMED, because Tortimer island is a beach, I see the possibility of it becoming shallow
I did not know that.

But I still imagine that Ridley would be among the worst swimmers in the roster.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
The Model/Text growth rate is too fast, slow it down a bit.

A fraction of Miiverse is spazzing about how Reshiram is an argument to Ridley's size.
By "Spazzing" I mean they're all happy about false info that they made.
Your thoughts, gentlemenlassies?

Morbi

Scavenger

A fraction of Miiverse is spazzing about how Reshiram is an argument to Ridley's size.
Thoughts? Reshiram is not relevant to Ridley's chances. End of story. :smirk:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord

People have already replied to you about this, so you already are aware it's perspective. I'd still like to draw attention to this size comparison of models.

Note how big the tail knife is compared to Olimar. If you look carefully, it even extends a bit past Ganondorfs face. Flipped turnways, the thing is larger than Olimar. On a pretty reasonable model no less.
Now, lets take that Pikachu shall we. Pikachu is about the same size as Olimar I guess? At least, if you discount ears. Look at the footage. Take into account that Ridley's tail is close to the camera.
Draw your conclusions. Also, Ridley's tail knife in Other M is as long as Samus.
In case the shadow analysisters weren't convincing enough, perhaps this will change your mind.

Last edited:

Turokman5896

Smash Lord

See sakurai's miiverse post about size and nintendogs.

Rekt.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Everyone on miiverse who things everything here is fake have a combined IQ of -89

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Last edited:

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
Warning Received
Guys, I think the playable bosses will actually happen, Sakurai CLEARLY mentioned boss characters and showed Pikachu, and we got to play as him in the demo!
My god....We're fools. We've been wrong all along.
LOL. I'm a very avid Mewtwo supporter, but this isn't the place to talk about Mewtwo. It's all about dat Ridley amirite?
-photosensitive gif removed-

Last edited by a moderator:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
People have already replied to you about this, so you already are aware it's perspective. I'd still like to draw attention to this size comparison of models.

Note how big the tail knife is compared to Olimar. If you look carefully, it even extends a bit past Ganondorfs face. Flipped turnways, the thing is larger than Olimar. On a pretty reasonable model no less.
Now, lets take that Pikachu shall we. Pikachu is about the same size as Olimar I guess? At least, if you discount ears. Look at the footage. Take into account that Ridley's tail is close to the camera.
Draw your conclusions. Also, Ridley's tail knife in Other M is as long as Samus.
In case the shadow analysisters weren't convincing enough, perhaps this will change your mind.
This is why Other M was a godsend for Ridley's chances in Smash. Roidley looks so good shrunken down compared to skeleton Ridley. Although I would add maybe a few more inches on his height.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I don't know about you, but a Ridley reveal on the 6th would be a bigger treat than anything they could have done for Metroid's 25th. I also think the heavily critical review of Other M the year before made them think twice about even mentioning Metroid with the furor still hot.
Late response, but I suspected that might've been the case at the time, though ya never know. Agree however, definitely.

I did not know that.

But I still imagine that Ridley would be among the worst swimmers in the roster.
Ridley's usually purple though like the Gravity Suit, so surely that must mean he has water/gravity defying physics, right?!

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
This is why Other M was a godsend for Ridley's chances in Smash. Roidley looks so good shrunken down compared to skeleton Ridley. Although I would add maybe a few more inches on his height.
I know right, sometimes I feel like they made Roidley just for sakurai to consider Ridley

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
If there were a Luigi fingergun emote I would've used it.

Wow, I never noticed how freaking creepy Mario's and Charizard's eyes are in this picture. You may not be able to ever unsee this.
Also, Olimar's antenna is up Bowser's nose.
I wonder why those two got zombie'd and the rest not.
Also, that tail knife seems to be just as high as Mario. Maybe Conorr could add the tail-knife comparativation theoraddendum to the second post, to reinforce the shadow analysis?

Well, at the very least Brawley would look pretty weird shrunken down, what with that giant face. I don't really like Brawley to be honest.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
I did not know that.

What about this: Swimming was actually removed because swimming Ridley would look too awkward? An entire mechanic cut for our lord Ridley sounds about right.

+:troll: for all those who do not notice it was meant as a joke to provoke more discussion, for this thread has get to more pages...MOAR...MOOOOAAARRRRR!!!

Last edited:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294

What else but Miiverse?
*insert laugh track and applause*

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
This is a reminder that seizure-inducing images are not allowed. This is the Ridley thread, not a Porygon thread.

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario

I love and hate miiverse at the same time, on one hand they're some cool people there who draw significantly well, on the other hand there are annoying seven year olds and "memes", even though the proper term is fad. They see a stage for paper mario and erupt with PAPER MAYRO CONFERMD posts.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
This is a reminder that seizure-inducing images are not allowed. This is the Ridley thread, not a Porygon thread.
Are they fine as long as they are spoilered and the spoiler is called "seizure warning" ? Because that gif is clearly ridley related~

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
I love and hate miiverse at the same time, on one hand they're some cool people there who draw significantly well, on the other hand there are annoying seven year olds and "memes", even though the proper term is fad. They see a stage for paper mario and erupt with PAPER MAYRO CONFERMD posts.
go for the awesome pictures (and hilariously awful ones) leave for the annoying comments

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
Or, you know, you could specifically monitor yourself so that you're only subscribed to "cool" people.

Top Bottom