• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Staarih

Smash Master
I wonder if Sakurai has even thought of the possibility of Other M Ridley and Super Metroid (or some other) Ridley co-existing. I'm sure he knows the popularity behind the character but I just wonder if he actually thought things through with him and really researched his history etc. Kinda makes me want to become more vocal about it again to really show the support Ridley has. But I guess it's a bit silly now as we've been pretty much straw-grasping for so long just to get to the point of Ridley being a stage hazard. Even I myself am starting to wonder why bother with it anymore, at least with Smash 4. But anyway, I really hope Sakurai addresses Ridley in some interview at some point, just to hear what he thinks of him.

AbioFlesh

Smash Lord
I pretty much agree with this in it's entirety. I hate Roidley's model. I was hoping for a new one. This bird man on steroids will be a fun gimmick, but as far as I'm concerned, Ridley is not in Smash. I'm slightly frustrated, but I've been expecting this since the 3DS release.

Looking for a straw? It's too far in the distance to see yet, but it's something to keep in mind. It will depend on how Ridley is portrayed in whatever Metroid U game comes out. It's smash 5. Once a space pirate, always a space pirate.

It was a fun run guys. But I think it's over at this point for Sm4sh.
I feel like I'm the only who like's Other M Ridley's design. That being said I really don't like the quality of the model in-game..

Duskinja

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yoshibrothers505
I don't think that Ridley is going to be a dlc character. He's been shown as a boss and his fate looks sealed.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Sorry if this is rude but why is it over for smash 4?
Ridley is deconfirmed. If he would be playable, he would use Other M design because everything in this game that ever appeared in Other M is based off Other M designs. So, since Other M Ridley is a boss, Ridley can't be playable. At least it is so unlikely now that we can just say f*** it and wait for next game...or certain something else...

Lolo Lolo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-1660-3630
Switch FC
SW 0891 5407 0511
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fD3Q_qf3aM
guys ... I have no words ... look at his very bad reaction to Ridley ... and his supporters ...

btw HAVE YOU NOTICED THAT AFTER RIDLEY BECAME METARIDLEY HE GRADS THE EDGE LIKE A NORMAL CHARACTER .... STRANGE ISN'T IT ?

yosharioIII

Smash Apprentice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fD3Q_qf3aM
guys ... I have no words ... look at his very bad reaction to Ridley ... and his supporters ...

btw HAVE YOU NOTICED THAT AFTER RIDLEY BECAME METARIDLEY HE GRADS THE EDGE LIKE A NORMAL CHARACTER .... STRANGE ISN'T IT ?
Ugh. He didn't pay attention to him being kinda unique like fighting on your side. He just laughed like a donkey. I swear people need to chill.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Sorry if this is rude but why is it over for smash 4?
Because Ridley is a boss, therefore he is not a playable character.

I feel like I'm the only who like's Other M Ridley's design. That being said I really don't like the quality of the model in-game..
I know me disliking Roidley is purely an opinion. I don't think Roidley is inherently bad. I just like Roidley less than classic Ridley designs. I won't fault you for liking it.

Last edited:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
The thing here is that Sakurai and Nintendo should have notified us alot earlier in regards to stage hazardley. I mean they did that for Waluigi, Ghirahim, Skull Kid, Ashley, Chrom and even the Sable Prince. This long wait would have been more satisfying if Ridley made the cut, but alas it was poor management by Sakurai. He should have just outright say Ridley was a boss right after the April direct. Plain and simple

Last edited:

Trogdorbad

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Trogdorbad
Unless Sakurai commented on the fake leak, or alluded to it directly, there is no proof he knew of it or even if he did, specifically posted KI posts to "tease" the Palutena fanbase. The notion of Sakurai trolling is purely fan speculation. Even if we were to assume Sakurai was trying to mess with us, as I mentioned before, Palutena became playable so it's okay.

With Palutena, fans can say "Oh, you rascal, Sakurai! You almost had me thinking Palutena wouldn't be playable!"
With Ridley, fans say "Oh, you rascal, Sakurai! You almost had me thinking...oh... Ridley isn't playable? Wtf?"

For Ridley doubters/detractors the message of Hazardly was obvious from the get-go, so no surprises. For Ridley fans, they WERE surprised, but in a bad way. Is 'unpleasant surprise' what he was shooting for? Because that's what we got. Teasing without a payoff is just cruel.
I don't think you're getting it. Sakurai wasn't making people think she WOULDN'T be playable, he was simply acknowledging the leaked screenshots, even if it eventually (by which i mean, last month) turned out that they were fake. The shots came out, no one could find sources, leak was deemed real, and the next 3 days after the leak, Sakurai posted nothing but KI screenshots, including one of the statue of Palutena. But after that, he went silent, and never made any reference to Palutena until we got the trailer at E3.

What I'm trying to say, and what you're not getting, is that Sakurai has no problem giving you a hint of something to come, then ignoring it for months until he's finally ready to show it off. I mean hell, there's a cloud shaped EXACTLY like Pac-Man in the Greninja trailer, and that came out ages before E3. He made one tiny reference to what the future held, then never referenced it again. Similarly, he showed a tiny clip of Ridley, and it was clear he was a stage boss, considering he was shown during the segment explaining how Stage Bosses work. After that Direct, there wasn't a single mention of Ridley because he wasn't ready to show him off yet. Ridley's state of completion wasn't satisfactory to Sakurai until just recently, so he decided to show off how Ridley functions ingame. He never teased like Palutena wasn't in, and I have no idea why you thought that was the subject of my posts. Similarly, he never teased whether Ridley was playable or not, because it was blatantly obvious he was a stage hazard from the Direct. You gotta work on that reading comprehension, man, you're not even remotely grasping what I'm saying. Or are your hands still full of straws?

The thing here is that Sakurai and Nintendo should have notified us alot earlier in regards to stage hazardley. I mean they did that for Waluigi, Ghirahim, Skull Kid, Ashley, Chrom and even the Sable Prince. This long wait would have been more satisfying if Ridley made the cut, but alas it was poor management by Sakurai. He should have just outright say Ridley was a boss right after the April direct. Plain and simple
Have you not read what I've been telling people? You only think it's poor management because you didn't get what you wanted. Sakurai is about style, and he's not just going to quietly say what Ridley does. He clearly waited until Ridley was nearly complete and mostly functional to show off everything he could do, because that's a way better way of confirming what most everyone already knew (or should've already known) than just "yeah i can't show you anything but ridley's a stage boss kbai"

Last edited by a moderator:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Ridley is deconfirmed. If he would be playable, he would use Other M design because everything in this game that ever appeared in Other M is based off Other M designs. So, since Other M Ridley is a boss, Ridley can't be playable. At least it is so unlikely now that we can just say f*** it and wait for next game...or certain something else...
Really looking forward to your work with your Ridley hack. Its a shame that things did not work out with the previous one (it looked so good). However, what's stopping your Roidley hack from hitting the file limit again?

D

Deleted member

I see some people claiming that Sakurai may have some grudge with Metroid after Ridley's official deconfirmation.

Eh, I wouldn't make that conclusion already, we have got at least 2 new ATs, and we may get some great pieces of music like the Rundas Battle theme, some new Metroid new trophies like some from Corruption, and why not a hidden Metroid stage like Phendrana Drifts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman

You're making up rules. There is no reason he would have to be the Other M design.

Your argument hinges on your made up rule that "he'd have to be other M."

But you have nothing till you can prove that it would have to be.

The stock image isn't even other M!

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I just think its dumb how 95% of Metroid's content is focused on a game in which was mixed at best.

Pro-tip: The Japanese fanbase hated Other M too.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Yeah, the Toon Link from Spirit Tracks is different than the Toon Link that's playable. He has his own trophy and model and everything.

AbioFlesh

Smash Lord
I know me disliking Roidley is purely an opinion. I don't think Roidley is inherently bad. I just like Roidley less than classic Ridley designs. I won't fault you for liking it.
I don't have issue with your opinion on Roidly, I can see why people don't like it or prefer his other designs:

But hey, that's what I find likable about it :D

Trogdorbad

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Trogdorbad
You're making up rules. There is no reason he would have to be the Other M design.

He's not "making up rules," it's a simple rule of aesthetics. I've already said it like 3 times today, on top of however many times I said it back in September, but I'll say it again:

Characters from the same series match aesthetically. They don't use designs from different eras or games for the basic model/design. Why do you think Link and Zelda are still running their Twilight Princess designs instead of their Skyward Sword designs? Because we haven't had a Zelda game with all four of them in the same place since Twilight Princess (I remind you, Sheik had concept art for TP, so that's how she fits in). It would be jarring to have SS Link and Zelda alongside TP Sheik and Ganondorf. Similarly, for Ridley to be playable, he'd have to be his Other M design to match aesthetically with Samus and Zero Suit Samus, who are now designed with Other M in mind. We've seen he's a stage boss (though it was insanely obvious in April to anyone not blinded by fanboy glasses) and that he's running his Other M design. He can't be playable in the same design as the stage boss, and Super/Prime wouldn't match aesthetically.

No, you can't do with him like Spirit Train does with Toon Link/Alfonzo - maybe if Meta Ridley wasn't part of his attack cycle, sure, but since it IS, there's nothing to replace him with. Ridley will never be playable in Smash 4, and no amount of hand clapping can change that.

(the joke is clap your hands if you don't want Ridley Bell to die)

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
He's not "making up rules," it's a simple rule of aesthetics. I've already said it like 3 times today, on top of however many times I said it back in September, but I'll say it again:

Characters from the same series match aesthetically. They don't use designs from different eras or games for the basic model/design. Why do you think Link and Zelda are still running their Twilight Princess designs instead of their Skyward Sword designs? Because we haven't had a Zelda game with all four of them in the same place since Twilight Princess (I remind you, Sheik had concept art for TP, so that's how she fits in). It would be jarring to have SS Link and Zelda alongside TP Sheik and Ganondorf. Similarly, for Ridley to be playable, he'd have to be his Other M design to match aesthetically with Samus and Zero Suit Samus, who are now designed with Other M in mind. We've seen he's a stage boss (though it was insanely obvious in April to anyone not blinded by fanboy glasses) and that he's running his Other M design. He can't be playable in the same design as the stage boss, and Super/Prime wouldn't match aesthetically.

No, you can't do with him like Spirit Train does with Toon Link/Alfonzo - maybe if Meta Ridley wasn't part of his attack cycle, sure, but since it IS, there's nothing to replace him with. Ridley will never be playable in Smash 4, and no amount of hand clapping can change that.

That's not entirely true because Samus and Zero Suit Samus do not match their Other M models entirely. They certainly take after that game as it has been the latest in the Metroid series but they have been modified to fit Sakurai's needs. The jet boots are the biggest and most obvious creative inclusion. I mean we even have Zero Mission and Fusion Zero Suit Samus' as well which doesn't match the Other M Ridley models going by your logic. Honestly it's a non-issue and always has been.

Is it so bad that Morton has been shrunken down for his playable role in Smash? Of course not.

Just look at all the different iterations of the Great Fox from 64 until now. In Brawl and Smash 3DS the Star Fox crew could barely fit in that cockpit but it just doesn't matter. I mean the Land Master has to fit inside the thing, and it's almost as big as the entire Great Fox it's self. Sure it looks somewhat odd and out of place when you really think about it, but again, it's a non-issue and always has been.

Last edited:

Trogdorbad

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Trogdorbad
Warning Received
You know what? Fine. I quit. You guys have fun in your echo chamber. Keep on clapping, and don't drop those straws.

I warned you over a month ago that Ridley wouldn't be playable, that he was clearly a stage boss, and that the sooner you accepted that fact, the less disappointed you'd be when it turned out that he was, in fact, a stage boss. You guys could've saved yourselves from all this pain of finding out you were wrong all along but guess what?

Last edited:

Lord Danongore

Smash Cadet
Glad to see this thread back. It deserves it's place in the community.

I gotta say, I'm really disheartened by the amount of people giddy (obnoxiously so) at Ridley's non-playable status. I don't really get it. In my experience, people who like the character have always been as nice and excitable as any other fanbase. What is it about the fanbase and the character that inspires so much negative hostilitly? I suppose it's a mentality of "haters gonna hate."

I'm really excited that Ridley is in the game. He looks fantastic, and I look forward to hearing more about possible DLC characters.

Welcome back everyone. We are home again.

UnstableBeing

Smash Cadet

Even if Super Metroid Ridley wouldn't fit your rule who is to say Sakurai can't come up with a new design fitting with the rest for Ridley ? Because, yes, we know Roidley's design in Other M but did we see the One True Ridley's design in Other M ? No.

Edit : Ridley might be dead for this game and even if he never makes it in any Smash games I will always support him. Am I disappointed ? Yes. Was it painful ? No, because it already happened before and I always kept the possibility of him not being playable but mostly because of the good time I spent on this thread. I hope next time will be as fun as this time.

Last edited:

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
I wonder if Sakurai has even thought of the possibility of Other M Ridley and Super Metroid (or some other) Ridley co-existing. I'm sure he knows the popularity behind the character but I just wonder if he actually thought things through with him and really researched his history etc. Kinda makes me want to become more vocal about it again to really show the support Ridley has. But I guess it's a bit silly now as we've been pretty much straw-grasping for so long just to get to the point of Ridley being a stage hazard. Even I myself am starting to wonder why bother with it anymore, at least with Smash 4. But anyway, I really hope Sakurai addresses Ridley in some interview at some point, just to hear what he thinks of him.
Dr. Mario and Mario.

Wow this is a great group to be a apart of lolol.
I'm glad that Ridley isn't a huge piñata and isn't..... gigantic like he was in Brawl. He seems more of a logical size in this game and actually isn't gigantic like he was portrayed. There's an argument for Smash 5: Ridley got Smaller from SSBB to SSB4 by the looks of it. (Or Dedede got bigger)

His wings on the other hand....
But we can see here that that's not an issue.

I didn't like it when the announcer refered to him as a "Giant Boss Enemy", but I won't be salty.

As to my thoughts on DLC, I think we'll get the Chorus Men, Wolf, and Dixie guaranteed.
As for Ridley..... eh.......... I hope.

Good to see the thread is back.

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman

Once again. You are making up rules. You are making up rules that THEY HAVE to be aestecally similar because the Zelda series is.

That is making up some arbitrary rule.

That is also beside the fact that it is very well possible to do a mix style like *gasp* Smash 4 Link that is not actually TP Link. He is a modified TP Link.

Last edited:

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
It's kinda funny. Back in April...

I believe it was @ Smashoperatingbuddy123 Smashoperatingbuddy123 that kept going on about those things on the side of the stage. How they must serve some kind of function and that they were different in the final destination version. I dismissed it as grasping a lot of people dismissed it.

Who would have thought that they power up Ridley into "Meta Ridley" right?

So props to whoever noticed them.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
It's kinda funny. Back in April...

I believe it was @ Smashoperatingbuddy123 Smashoperatingbuddy123 that kept going on about those things on the side of the stage. How they must serve some kind of function and that they were different in the final destination version. I dismissed it as grasping a lot of people dismissed it.

Who would have thought that they power up Ridley into "Meta Ridley" right?

So props to whoever noticed them.
I remember my thing at the time

now we know it was a shadow affect to make him look smaller

but back in April now that we know now as of yesterday most idiotic way to deconfirm ridley why couldn't he had just showed his body back in april to end it

CanadianSmasher1992

Smash Cadet
I know a lot of people have been saying that Sakurai never teased Ridley during the April direct and that he made it 'clear' that he was a boss... but I don't think even Ridley detractors can deny that the August 2013 Pic of the Day where Sakurai's caption is "an enemy from Samus' past can appear any second" is at the very least unnecessary ambiguity. Why didn't Sakurai just say "Ridley can appear at any second" in the same way he confirmed that Nabbit would appear on Mushroom Kingdom U? What was the point of Sakurai not even saying his name, since we all could already deduce that he was talking about Ridley. I definitely see that as blatant teasing by Sakurai.

So when the April direct came along and that whole thing happened with Ridley's shadow, I definitely feel like Ridley fans were justified in believing that Ridley still had a chance to be playable, because of that August 2013 Pic of the Day.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Why didn't Sakurai tried to say something like "Here is Ridley, boss of Pyrosphere. Once in a while, he will interrupt the match and attack the fighters. He is unique among the bosses. But how exactly will remain a secret for now...". That would put down us faster, it wouldn't be as painful, others will speculate on why he is unique, how and what are his attacks. But that isn't what happened. Not even close.

Really looking forward to your work with your Ridley hack. Its a shame that things did not work out with the previous one (it looked so good). However, what's stopping your Roidley hack from hitting the file limit again?
Model im using now has less bones (-20 bones exactly), so, animations won't be as big in size. Nothing stops it from hitting that limit again, but then i could at least be able to not use one of the tail bones and its done.
I just think its dumb how 95% of Metroid's content is focused on a game in which was mixed at best.

Pro-tip: The Japanese fanbase hated Other M too.
Haters gonna hate and its better than getting stuck on Super Metroid for 15+ years, even if it is good. Reason why Other M was chosen is because its most recent game.

Duh. Everything Metroid in this game has designs based off Other M unless it is something like Dark Samus, something that didn't ever appeared in Other M. Why would he be the only one who DOESN'T uses it? Hell, he would be the only THING that would be such exception. Other M is also the most recent game, so, it was used instead of Super Metroid designs this time. Same happened with TP and LoZ characters in Brawl - they used the most recent designs, those from TP, instead of OoT designs even if OoT was better (not that TP is bad).
Once again. You are making up rules. You are making up rules that THEY HAVE to be aestecally similar because the Zelda series is.

That is making up some arbitrary rule.

That is also beside the fact that it is very well possible to do a mix style like *gasp* Smash 4 Link that is not actually TP Link. He is a modified TP Link.
*facepalm* If EVERYTHING from Metroid uses Other M designs in this game, then Ridley would do that too. Only things that NEVER appeared in Other M use their most recent designs instead, like Dark Samus. Even if you will ignore LoZ, there is also Star Fox - all characters from it used designs from same source. Even if you will ignore THAT, i already said that ABSOLUTELY EVERY SINGLE THING FROM METROID uses Other M designs. Do you get it now? I know it hurts to see Ridley once again being a boss despite deserving to be a playable characters (he is like Mega Man in MvC3/Crash Bandicoot in Playstation All-Star Battle Royale, but most likely not as bad), but don't let your brain get locked like this.
For the Link being a modified TP Link, he is still BASED OFF TP Link, not just completly reuses design. Same goes for everyone in this game, including Ridley (he has some differences with most noticable being extra wings spikes and that his upper jaw CAN MOVE ON ITS OWN without his head moving along with it...just what the hell?).

Azew

Smash Lord
At first I thought it looked pretty nice in the new game, then I looked at the screenshots...

Last edited:

CamZilla94

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5086-2929-3596
Switch FC
SW 2709 2387 5005
I got some screen grabs of his trophy in-game.
Screenshot 2014-10-24 14.44.34.png
Screenshot 2014-10-24 14.44.54.png

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I'm hoping we get a trophy of classic Ridley as well. That would make me somewhat happier.
Wouldn't that be something that could have been used for DLC, but won't be, so, its just a trophy showing how he would look like if he would be playable or if Other M wouldn't be source of Metroid stuff's design?

Also, there is something in SSB4 model that is better than in original one - wings. They can actually bend like real wings and not in this unnatural and stiff way like in Other M. And toes are also separated, something i would like to do with my model too.

Last edited:

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
I still think it wasn't necessarily technical issues - rather, Sakurai (generally) likes to do things as right as possible, and he's said in a past interview that making Ridley work would include making him incredibly slow. I don't want that (because I want characters to be represented as best as possible, and Ridley certainly isn't slow. Yes, the Dorf does nothing from Zelda, but the moveset works for him at least), and Ridley fans certainly shouldn't want that.
I have a weird theory that Sakurai was thinking of Making Ridley playable at first, but he couldn't convince his team to go along with it because they didn't like the idea. You really can't accomplish something if your team doesn't agree with you, right?

I got no evidence to support this, but if it helps the people here sleep better knowing he tried...

D

Deleted member

I'm going off of the simplest possible explanation that the team opted to put Ridley into this role as a Pyrosphere-exclusive gameplay mechanic to spice up the stage, rather than that they sat down, brainstormed the best way to demonstrate Ridley's deceptive intelligence, and, out of all possible roles, stuck him in this one that only vaguely showcases it.
No, you're going off that they had no clue what they were doing and just made Ridley a "lapdog" because they're morons. Regardless of whether or not that was your intent, that is what you gave off.

And like Ismar you're corrupting my point into "this is why they did this", which is not what I'm saying. What I'm actually saying is that the bs concept of being a "lapdog" is not what I'm seeing. And at this point, with you, Ismar, and wariofan1 seeing it that way and getting upset when I say otherwise (moreso them than you) gives off a vibe of venomous spite towards Ridley not being playable.

Also, don't put the words "Sakurai's incompetent" into my mouth just because I'm critical of his priorities. Of course, if the Project M team and @ BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros can get Ridley to work just fine playable and the actual Smash team can't, I don't know what else to call that but incompetence on their part.
I'm pretty sure those very words came out of your mouth in numerous posts in the past in regards to the concept of Ridley not being playable. Granted, I may be confusing you with someone else, but I'm sure it was you.

Aside from that, as impressive as BaganSmashBros work is, Ridley actually looks too small as of the most recent images on his DeviantArt. There's a balance needed to have him both look right and function right with a very thin line in the middle that is easily crossed. Hence why it'd be better overall to not use a pre-existing model (or an aesthetically edited version in the case of curved beak Roidley from Bagan) but rather use an original model that both gives a proper feel for the character while functioning within Smash's boundaries. Like what Super Smash Bros. Crusade did with their custom-made Ridley sprites.

And since Project: M is heavily based around a max competitive environment where something like Giga Bowser can function with little issue, I don't hold what they're "capable of" to the same standards as the official releases.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Wouldn't that be something that could have been used for DLC, but won't be, so, its just a trophy showing how he would look like if he would be playable or if Other M wouldn't be source of Metroid stuff's design?
Basically, yeah. Although seeing as they gave Roidley's stock icon classic Ridley's head, and seeing as Sakurai invented meta-Roidley, I'm not sure there's even going to be a distinction at this point.

Riskman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
weavorsomething
3DS FC
2406-5118-0663
I haven't actually read any of the recent posts in this thread but I'm guessin from the direct that it is quite a lot of arguing etc.

I'm not that upset that Ridley did turn out to be a stage boss because he did end up being pretty cool, but I am interested in the fact that Sakurai caved in and decided Mewtwo should return. It seems all the whining and requesting and shouting about Mewtwo did actually bring him back, and though this is slightly different because we're talking about a newcomer, it does mean that Sakurai, in the future, could possibly once again cave in about Ridley etc. I think the fact Mewtwo got that treatment will probably accelerate the Ridley requesting even further in the future (if there is a Smash 5).

Until then, oh well, it was fun.

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman
Why didn't Sakurai tried to say something like "Here is Ridley, boss of Pyrosphere. Once in a while, he will interrupt the match and attack the fighters. He is unique among the bosses. But how exactly will remain a secret for now...". That would put down us faster, it wouldn't be as painful, others will speculate on why he is unique, how and what are his attacks. But that isn't what happened. Not even close.

Model im using now has less bones (-20 bones exactly), so, animations won't be as big in size. Nothing stops it from hitting that limit again, but then i could at least be able to not use one of the tail bones and its done.

Haters gonna hate and its better than getting stuck on Super Metroid for 15+ years, even if it is good. Reason why Other M was chosen is because its most recent game.

Duh. Everything Metroid in this game has designs based off Other M unless it is something like Dark Samus, something that didn't ever appeared in Other M. Why would he be the only one who DOESN'T uses it? Hell, he would be the only THING that would be such exception. Other M is also the most recent game, so, it was used instead of Super Metroid designs this time. Same happened with TP and LoZ characters in Brawl - they used the most recent designs, those from TP, instead of OoT designs even if OoT was better (not that TP is bad).

*facepalm* If EVERYTHING from Metroid uses Other M designs in this game, then Ridley would do that too. Only things that NEVER appeared in Other M use their most recent designs instead, like Dark Samus. Even if you will ignore LoZ, there is also Star Fox - all characters from it used designs from same source. Even if you will ignore THAT, i already said that ABSOLUTELY EVERY SINGLE THING FROM METROID uses Other M designs. Do you get it now? I know it hurts to see Ridley once again being a boss despite deserving to be a playable characters (he is like Mega Man in MvC3/Crash Bandicoot in Playstation All-Star Battle Royale, but most likely not as bad), but don't let your brain get locked like this.
For the Link being a modified TP Link, he is still BASED OFF TP Link, not just completly reuses design. Same goes for everyone in this game, including Ridley (he has some differences with most noticable being extra wings spikes and that his upper jaw CAN MOVE ON ITS OWN without his head moving along with it...just what the hell?).

So, you just countered your own point with dark samus.

Classic Ridley.

It isn't the end of the world if non-other m characters appear.

Nor is it impossible.

Haha, so much for the link tp argument. That the best you got?

Same could happen with classic Ridley modified. Just like Link is modified.

Your own counter examples are going against you.

Top Bottom