• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
So here's a question would Ridley get his own trailer or would he be secret newcomer because in the comments section on a Ridley speculation video there was a very good idea, where the trailer starts with Samus running down a dark hallway being chased by something in the distance as she gets closer to the end of the hallway she finds out its a dead end. Too everyone's surprise we see this mysterious chaser come in to view and it's Mewtwo making his great return to smash, as he enters the dead end hallway we see him turn into one of his mega evolutions ready to attack samus only to hear a loud screech coming from above (the screech being from Ridley) as he dives down towards them we get to see his Pun title card (something along the lines of "Ridley makes his big reveal") then it cuts to gameplay of the two in action so how would guys feel about him being revealed that way ?

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
So here's a question would Ridley get his own trailer or would he be secret newcomer because in the comments section on a Ridley speculation video there was a very good idea, where the trailer starts with Samus running down a dark hallway being chased by something in the distance as she gets closer to the end of the hallway she finds out its a dead end. Too everyone's surprise we see this mysterious chaser come in to view and it's Mewtwo making his great return to smash, as he enters the dead end hallway we see him turn into one of his mega evolutions ready to attack samus only to hear a loud screech coming from above (the screech being from Ridley) as he dives down towards them we get to see his Pun title card (something along the lines of "Ridley makes his big reveal") then it cuts to gameplay of the two in action so how would guys feel about him being revealed that way ?
That would be awesome but I feel like they're just going to be secret characters.

D

Deleted member

That would be cool. But I got a gut feeling that he's not going to get a trailer.(If he is playable.)

Yetiplays

Smash Cadet
Am I the only one who could see them Relesing Vs. Ridley theme in the Music Section and Calling It Something completely different.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
Ridley feels like the most likely candidate for a final trailer, the rest of the unannounced characters (Dark Pit, Duck Hunt Dog, Bowser jr., possibly Chorus Kids and Dixie kong, etc) won't bring enough hype as he would. Mewtwo might also be revealed to bring hype, but I'm thinking he's a secret unlockable character, like in melee (although not as hard to unlock!)

Last edited:

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Ridley Trailer all the way. Big Payoff. It's like the Main Event of Wrestlemania. Everyone should go home happy.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
What if Sakurai told us about a smash direct/ a new trailer this week.
how would the world of Ridley react?

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
Probably with a "Don't get your hopes up guys, it's not gonna happen..." at first,
But then with a "HOLY JESUS PANCAKES! HE'S IN!!! HE'S FINALLY IN!!!!! YESSSSSSS!!!" after his trailer.

That's my prediction.

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Eh, I wouldn't care honestly, I can wait 6 days until the game is released in Japan. That's more info than any trailer or direct could give us.

I will call you a wizard if it happens though.

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Ridley feels like the most likely candidate for a final trailer, the rest of the unannounced characters (Dark Pit, Duck Hunt Dog, Bowser jr., possibly Chorus Kids and Dixie kong, etc) won't bring enough hype as he would. Mewtwo might also be revealed to bring hype, but I'm thinking he's a secret unlockable character, like in melee (although not as hard to unlock!)
I actually wouldn't mind seeing the Duck hunt dog using the zapper too shoot Ridley out the sky only for him to turn to the camera and do that retched laugh, then all you see is Ridley come back out of no where, too lifts the dog high into the sky while he flies majestically with the ducks then it cuts to the gameplay. Something that can make me chuckle and get me hyped at the same time is the best sort of reveal trailer similar to the Wii fit Trailer or little mac's one were Samus makes note of how short he is XD.

PacoTaco

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4312-9999-1091
If Ridley is a secret newcomer then it will be a while before we know if he is in, because to unlock him you would probably have to do something huge...no pun intended:rotfl:

BTW Sakurai should hire the internet to make newcomer videos cause i have heard some amazing ideas.

Also what do you guys think about Charizard's supposed purple alt. from the Zipzo posts

Last edited:

CHUBUNATO

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CHUBUNATO
3DS FC
2277-6893-1304
Did i say Wednesday will be the final day for this thread? I better make it Tuesday..:laugh:

That's pretty sexy sounding but i doubt we get anymore tailers anytime soon unless we get one after release to tease the secret characters.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
Zebesians, Urtragians and GalFed scum-curs, you are reminded that, with less than seven solar cycles until the street date, Ridley is factually IN THE GAME, the only question is whether the human known as "Mashpotato Sack of Rice" will make the egregious mistake of rendering our Commander as an NPC once again!

Also, those of you discussing the possibility of a voice actor are guilty of misspelling "Macho Man Randy Savage," and are herewith ordered to wash your necks and wait in your assigned cubicles for the sentence from High Command. :evil:

PacoTaco

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4312-9999-1091
Zebesians, Urtragians and GalFed scum-curs, you are reminded that, with less than seven solar cycles until the street date, Ridley is factually IN THE GAME, the only question is whether the human known as "Mashpotato Sack of Rice" will make the egregious mistake of rendering our Commander as an NPC once again!

Also, those of you discussing the possibility of a voice actor are guilty of misspelling "Macho Man Randy Savage," and are herewith ordered to wash your necks and wait in your assigned cubicles for the sentence from High Command. :evil:
They are misspelling "Morgan Freeman" I believe

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
But would it bring as much hype as a trailer/direct?
True enough, a nice pre-rendered trailer is always a treat, but I'm not gonna cry if we don't get anything. Hearing today's news about the alts like Fierce Deity Link, Alph as an alt for Olimar, and Aerodactyl Charizard were hype-worthy enough on their own IMO.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I'm just going to leave this here.

My hopes for Ridley have sprung up a little after reading this.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero

Those 5 slots, those 5 retched slots :p have been bugging me for ages he has to be one right ?
What if Ridley splash art would be:
Ridley
is not a boss!
Ridley's "BIG" reveal or "Ridley enters the battle, please understand" :D

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Those 5 slots, those 5 retched slots :p have been bugging me for ages he has to be one right ?

Ridley's "BIG" reveal or "Ridley enters the battle, please understand" :D
4 slots. You missed the random button. Let me guess. Ridley, Dixie, Mewtwo, Chorus Men. From 4chan leak.

Zynux

Smash Lord
Possible deconfirmation scenario for Ridley:

Once the 3DS version drops, keep an eye out for trophies. If Ridley's trophy gets unlocked before the character for any reason, then he is pretty much dead. Other variants of Ridley (like Meta, Omega) probably wouldn't spell doom but a unique model for Ridley just appearing as a trophy (even though there's no Pyrosphere) may be the nail in the coffin.

So be prepared, and keep a good eye on what's going on with the 3DS version.

Just saw that this thread has over 2 million views.

People really want Ridley (....or just like looking at a thread about him).
To be fair, even though Ridley is crazy popular, if it wasn't for the controversial "other Boss appearances" thing in the April direct then this thread would not have as many views and posts :laugh:

I don't care if I'm involved, no leak talk in the Ridley thread.
^ :glare:

I'm going to report any more leak talk, so cut it out.

Last edited:

PacoTaco

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4312-9999-1091
4 slots. You missed the random button. Let me guess. Ridley, Dixie, Mewtwo, Chorus Men. From 4chan leak.
I don't think we are getting Dixie cause Diddy has a Dixie alt. as shown in a pic from Zipzo. I'm thinking Ridley, Mewtwo, Chorus Men, and then i don't know really... but Ridley has to be in I mean come on.
Also I've seen lots of Ridley videos lately and they are both for him and against him. All the ones against make me mad especially Shokio who insists that he has a standard size and it's way too big. Detractor videos anger me :grrr:

Last edited:

Darkraid

Smash Champion
I don't think we are getting Dixie cause Diddy has a Dixie alt. as shown in a pic from Zipzo. I'm thinking Ridley, Mewtwo, Chorus Men, and then i don't know really...
Pink alt was transferred over from Brawl. Purple Charizard = Ridley deconfirmed?
Not so fast.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
I don't think we are getting Dixie cause Diddy has a Dixie alt. as shown in a pic from Zipzo. I'm thinking Ridley, Mewtwo, Chorus Men, and then i don't know really...
That means nothing actually, because Mario, Pit, etc all have alts of playable characters as well.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Um....I think we should get back to Ridley before something BAD happens....

Z2A571_0D8E2755BF1EA_001.gif

Last edited:
Top Bottom