• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
on another note... what happened to my sig? Do they dissapear on your posts after some time or something?
They only show up on the first post on every page.

I want to animate Ridley singing Be Prepared now.
Only if the Hyenas are Space Pirates instead.

Though what the heck would Ganon parody?

The Pizza Guy

Smash Apprentice
Stop talking about off-topic stuff, guys, interesting as they may be.

And now (though I'm always dubious about his inclusion) I want Ridley to speak in smash bros. If Lucario can speak, well, maybe Ridley can as well?

Give him a British accent for maximum hilarity.
If anyone should voice Ridley, it needs to be Andre the Giant.:troll:

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
Well i kind of consider the Villager a joke character mostly because Animal Crossing is the opposite of Smash,
Just so you know where i was coming from.
I like to be more specific, and think "Retro" joke character. Almost, if not, all of the joke characters come from the retro age. Jigglypuff has become retro with the age of Pokémon Gen 1, Mr. Game & Watch is perhaps the oldest retro joke character, R.O.B. is retro and resembles a stepping stone in Nentendo history, and Duck Hunt is retro...and nothing else. =/

I dunno where I was going with this. Oh well, Ridley Time!

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Why would a robotic entity with no movable mouth parts have a human skull under its casing? Uh, appropriate reaction gif either way.

So...what if Baby Ridley was confirmed and his Final Smash was Big Ridley?
Baby Ridley will be exclusive to MK8 and will not appear in any other game.
Oh, wait, Birdley. I guess...it'd be kind of interesting? A small fluffy creature karate-kicking people with bird legs while green blood happens because everyone has green blood for some reason. I wouldn't mind.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
I don't care if I'm involved, no leak talk in the Ridley thread.
could we PLEASE get a concensus of you mods? Everytime one posts here regarding leaks we get different information. "Leak talk shouldn't take too much space compared to Ridley stuff, Leak talk is only allowed if it influences Ridleys chances (which is why we even brought your post up), no Leak Talk at all allowed", decide on a single stance please ._. Don't want my account infracted for something unclear, and I'm sure the other Space Pirates also don't.

Last edited:

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
Interested to see where this all goes. Ridly's chances seem to be subtly, yet not insignificantly, improving every day.

Who's going to play Ridley as soon as they unlock him? I'll be keen to give him a go as soon as I can, see what exactly he's like!
Ridley and Duck Hunt Dogs will probably be my new mains. Duck Hunt Dog MIGHT get more use than Ridley just because I like Duck Hunt a little more, but Ridley will still get a lot of use for sure. I didn't wait 13 years for him to become playable and not use him.

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
could we PLEASE get a concensus of you mods? Everytime one posts here regarding leaks we get different information. "Leak talk shouldn't take too much space compared to Ridley stuff, Leak talk is only allowed if it influences Ridleys chances (which is why we even brought your post up), no Leak Talk at all allowed", decide on a single stance please ._. Don't want my account infracted for something unclear, and I'm sure the other Space Pirates also don't.
They are wrong anyway, they are likely just trying to gain attention by pretending they actually know something we don't, where as right now it just seems like they've found out the same 'cruel fate' that we may have... The full roster.

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
i realy want to ask if it is possible to link the new thread after this one is closed

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
I still stand by what I said when it comes to leaks but of course I haven't been on this forum enough to have any idea if it would work. Discuss the leaks on the official leak thread, and bring any Ridley specific leak information over to this thread.

For example take All-Star mode not needing all characters unlocked to play, that could increase Ridley's chances as all characters haven't been shown yet, but there's also no guarantee one of those characters will be him, unless there's proof of some sort of challenge that would unlock a Metroid character, then I would classify that of worthy of being posted here (as the chances of it not being Ridley under those circumstances is very low), but again that's just me.

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
He's been dead for 21 years now.
That's roughly twice as dead as F Zero.(Which has it's 10th anniversary of being dead this october)

Also, on the topic of Ridley once again, part of the argument regarding his authenticity as a playable rests with the grab release footage in the direct. But.. couldn't you escape from master hand's grab in melee?
Not sure about brawl or 64, but I know for sure it was escapable in melee.

Last edited:

Steelia

Smash Champion
I'm sorry but Ridley picking up an item is going to be the stupidest looking animation I think I have ever imagined in my head. If he's gonna be floating around like in that direct, that is.
Can't be any worse than seeing someone as manly as Snake throwing a Pokeball, or punching Pikachu in the face.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
He's been dead for 21 years now.
Yeah, it's real sad, one of my favorite childhood actors too, and I didn't even know he was dead for that long until a few months ago.

Anyways, if that IMBD thing turns out to be true (thou it's probably fake), then I wouldn't mind Ridley with a voice. I feel like he was always supposed to have one, like in the manga, but they never went trhough with it. And like someone said, if they can give Lucario and Mewtwo a voice, they can do the same with Ridley.

?????????????

Smash Master
That's roughly twice as dead as F Zero.(Which has it's 10th anniversary of being dead this october)

I see I have a nice new PM sitting in my inbox after I spoke out about a mod, I wonder what that could be duhhoiiii.

Also, on the topic of Ridley once again, part of the argument regarding his authenticity as a playable rests with the grab release footage in the direct. But.. couldn't you escape from master hand's grab in melee?
Perhaps so, but it sure was a slow, tame grab for Ridley. I wouldn't expect him to just crush you in his talons, but rather start dragging you across the floor.

It's more of "odd behavior" for Ridley himself, which could very well still be a boss Ridley anyway. I mean, why does he use his wings in Brawl to make a Pokemon Gust attack? That's kinda weird.

Flossy

Smash Cadet

I believe that it is more related to the fact that Ridley did not appear to do anything upon grabbing Pikachu.

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
Perhaps so, but it sure was a slow, tame grab for Ridley. I wouldn't expect him to just crush you in his talons, but rather start dragging you across the floor.

It's more of "odd behavior" for Ridley himself, which could very well still be a boss Ridley anyway. I mean, why does he use his wings in Brawl to make a Pokemon Gust attack? That's kinda weird.
/THAT/ comes down to him being a left-over revision of a boss called DynaBlade, which was going to be a birdlike boss but was replaced with a skin of ridley, or so I hear.

?????????????

Smash Master
/THAT/ comes down to him being a left-over revision of a boss called DynaBlade, which was going to be a birdlike boss but was replaced with a skin of ridley, or so I hear.
I never heard if that was confirmed, but he was very DynaBlade-like in Brawl. Although I don't believe Dyna Blade has the ability to breathe fire.

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
I never heard if that was confirmed, but he was very DynaBlade-like in Brawl. Although I don't believe Dyna Blade has the ability to breathe fire.
That's where the revision part comes into it.
Though I can't really say much, I haven't got much history with metroid(at all).

Last edited:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Ridley Swoops in!
What if Ridley has a flight meter kind of like Mac's K.O meter?
I was thinking doesn't Junior sort of cover the hovering character? This flight meter may give Ridley his own unique gimmick. Every newcomer that isn't a clone has some sort of gimmick, and I figure Ridley would be no different. Dixie, and Chorus Kids would need a gimmick as well. I figure Mewtwo can just slide with being brought back. If IMPA was in, I would imagine her being a Sheik semiclone.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
youtu.be/hbHrdNI7yiY?t=56s

I hope we hear this in SSB4!!!
I hope we hear it in a reveal Trailer, watching the Palutena trailer has pretty much turned into a daily ritual for me, you have no idea how psyched I am she's in. If Ridley gets revealed as playable and get's cool trailer it would feel.. I don't even know, but I would be beyond happy, and likely watch it twice a day or more lol.

D

Deleted member

Dyna Blade shoots fire.
Edit: Whoops,:4greninja:'d.

Last edited by a moderator:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I was thinking doesn't Junior sort of cover the hovering character? This flight meter may give Ridley his own unique gimmick.
From what we can tell judging by leaked video, the most air control Jr. has is probably gonna be multiple jumps, as we saw his Up-B which just ejected him outta the Koopa Car into free fall. So ya, Ridley will probably have a flight meter as a unique mechanic, that or someone at Nintendo or Namco Bandai is really good at jumping in a straight line.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Just saw that this thread has over 2 million views.

People really want Ridley (....or just like looking at a thread about him).

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Just saw that this thread has over 2 million views.

People really want Ridley (....or just like looking at a thread about him).
People want Ridley

but I think its got the views because it's a hangout.

Top Bottom