• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Man, any random ***** could tweet that. I'm not buying that stuff. Especially since no pictures/videos were shown. It's 6 days till the game comes out.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
That hasn't been confirmed. It's looking good that there will be more, but we have to be real here.
Actually it has been confirmed by @NeoZero
also the Mii's not being in the demo but customisations being turned on, while custom moves were accessible to the css, as well as Miis not in the css leak

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Stop talking about off-topic stuff, guys, interesting as they may be.

And now (though I'm always dubious about his inclusion) I want Ridley to speak in smash bros. If Lucario can speak, well, maybe Ridley can as well?

Give him a British accent for maximum hilarity.

RaikoTheSaikou

Smash Cadet
NNID
RaikoTheHedgehog
I still fail to understand how someone is against a characters inclusion
especially a character who is the villain of an underrepresented franchise.

Not just you, but people in general
you can have your opinion, I just question it along with many others.
Well i would want more Metroid representation...Even tho i've never played a Metroid game (blocks face with arms)
Personally i think his play style would be a little too crazy, Remember, I've never played a Metroid game before,
But i've fought him in Brawl plenty of times, And he's huge in Brawl,
And even if his body isn't actually that big his wing span seems too big, And in Brawl he was flying literally all over the place,
I just can't imagine how he would play normally on the ground, I'm not against people who want Ridley for the right reasons,
I'm mostly against him and the fan boys who insult other people just because they don't want Ridley, Nothing more then that.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Man, why can't any journalists leak Ridley or a character remotely interesting? No offense to people who think the Chorus Men are interesting, but...yeah....er...

6 more days till Japan release.
26 more days till Nintendo looks at America and is like 'Oh, yeah, you can have it too,' like leftovers at a Medieval feast.

We must believe in the Ridley....
Because if they leak, Nintendo will do things that'll make even Ridley say "Whoa okay, that's a bit violent for my tastes"

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Ridley will be the last unlockable. Calling it now.
Ridley's too hype to be the "last" unlockable.

That hasn't been confirmed. It's looking good that there will be more, but we have to be real here.
Well, it might as well be, considering the leak with all the leaked characters had a picture of All-Star with the padlock on All-Star still present.

Lanog20

Smash Apprentice
With it being recently confirmed there will be 1 to 5 more characters to unlock, my hope for Ridley has been restored. It feels good to be hype again! :joyful:

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
Ridley's too hype to be the "last" unlockable.

Well, it might as well be, considering the leak with all the leaked characters had a picture of All-Star with the padlock on All-Star still present.
Again, that allstar pic wasn't part of that series of images, it was from a past series of leak images that came with the trophies. We have not seen the allstar lock since the full roster set came out.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero

And now (though I'm always dubious about his inclusion) I want Ridley to speak in smash bros. If Lucario can speak, well, maybe Ridley can as well?

Which British accent? There's quite a number of them, you need to be specific =P

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
Well i would want more Metroid representation...Even tho i've never played a Metroid game (blocks face with arms)
Personally i think his play style would be a little too crazy, Remember, I've never played a Metroid game before,
And even if his body isn't actually that big his wing span seems too big, And in Brawl he was flying literally all over the place,
I just can't imagine how he would play normally on the ground, I'm not against people who want Ridley for the right reasons,
I'm mostly against him and the fan boys who insult other people just because they don't want Ridley, Nothing more then that.
Well the thing about Brawl Ridley is that Brawl was one of his largest apperences ever, and he was scaled up from his normal size, and originally Ridley was going to be an assist trophy in brawl and Dyna Blade was going to be a boss in SSE, but since Ridley was more well know, they scrapped the AT Ridley and Boss Dyna Blade, and made Ridley the new boss, and gave him Dyna Blade's unused moves. So the Ridley you came to know was a very inaccurate representation of the character.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
People, must we be reminded of what happened the last time there was a supposed "leak" of information in this thread?

Please, please, please, please try to stay on topic. We're so close to the end, and if this thread gets filled up with inane back-and-forth banter about the legitimacy of this purported "leak", we'll cross the 2000 page gap and end up having to hype elsewhere when Ridley's confirmed.

To keep things on-topic...

Any ideas as to what Ridley's character unlocking conditions may be? Personally, I like the idea that you'd need to complete a specific task as Samus and Zero Suit Samus - say, beating Classic on the hardest difficulty without continuing (SHENG LONG~) or finding a secret battle in the same mode, in the vein of Toon Link, Jigglypuff and Wolf in the Subspace Emissary.

EDIT: Oh wait things seem to have cooled down whilst I was posting. Okie-dokie then~! <3

Last edited:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
I've read that people are taking the new Japanese Mii Fighter based trailer/ad as a hint as to how many characters are in the game. The Mii Fighter is named AKB 48, so people assume that that's a hint of 48 total characters.
Oh my god are you serious?
That's just the name of the band!
AND THERE'S ACTUALLY LIKE 140 MEMBERS

LockFelino

Smash Master
3DS FC
1719-3394-3527
People, must we be reminded of what happened the last time there was a supposed "leak" of information in this thread?

Please, please, please, please try to stay on topic. We're so close to the end, and if this thread gets filled up with inane back-and-forth banter about the legitimacy of this purported "leak", we'll cross the 2000 page gap and end up having to hype elsewhere when Ridley's confirmed.

Any ideas as to what Ridley's character unlocking conditions may be? Personally, I like the idea that you'd need to complete a specific task as Samus and Zero Suit Samus - say, beating Classic on the hardest difficulty without continuing (SHENG LONG~) or finding a secret battle in the same mode, in the vein of Toon Link, Jigglypuff and Wolf in the Subspace Emissary.

EDIT: Oh wait things seem to have cooled down whilst I was posting. Okie-dokie then~! <3
Use 40 Super Mushrooms

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman
I think I have a new point of discussion that I have not read or discussed on here. Or at least not recently.

SSBBrawl had 12 unannounced characters that were secret at launch.
8 of them were veterans and 4 were newcomers. :toonlink::wolf::rob::lucario:.

http://www.smashbros.com/wii/en_us/characters/index.html

For smash bros 4. If the ESRB leak is the final roster, then we have:
10 unannounced characters that will be secret at launch.
6 being veterans and 4 are newcomers. (Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, Bowser Jr. DHD.)

Doesn't it seem weird that Smash 4 would have a lower number of secret characters unannounced than it's predecessor? (12 versus 10) . That the games both have 4 as the number of newcomers unannounced? Also that the 4 unannounced newcomers from smash4 also is two clones and only two true newcomers?

Sure seems like there could be more secret unannounced newcomers. Maybe Ridley, is meant to be experienced by playing the game and having that "New challenger approaching" nostalgia. But for those like me and won't be able to wait, can go to the website after release, like the Brawl dojo, and have it revealed.

Thoughts? This epiphany came to me as I was falling asleep and about to start dreaming of Ridley.

Exegguter

Smash Lord

Pause 15 times while using Samus on Final destination after you've eaten 40 eggs that restore 5% in one 6-minute match while using 17 smash attacks that whiffed and 11 that hit.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Hey, and even if Ridley isn't playable, we still can create our own Ridley Mii!
:troll:
Bu...wha...
Oh come on, why does she have those wings?

Muh, it depends on the wings. I mean, they could easily fold up while on the ground, and if they would truly be too big and obtrusive they could simply be downscaled. As for playstyle, well, I trust the dev team they can make something good out of it.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem

Tim Curry is the only person who can voice Ridley properly. Him and DIO.

RaikoTheSaikou

Smash Cadet
NNID
RaikoTheHedgehog
Well the thing about Brawl Ridley is that Brawl was one of his largest apperences ever, and he was scaled up from his normal size, and originally Ridley was going to be an assist trophy in brawl and Dyna Blade was going to be a boss in sse, but since Ridley was more well know, they scrapped the AT Ridley and Boss Dyna Blade, and made Ridley the new boss, and gave him Dyna Blades moves. So the Ridley you came to know was a very inaccurate representation of the character.
Sorry to say but i have no idea who Dyna Blade is, And even if Ridley's size is tolerable the issue remains
(for me) that his play style would be too insane.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Sakurai told me that there is a trailer this week.

Sorry to say but i have no idea who Dyna Blade is, And even if Ridley's size is tolerable the issue remains
That;s entirely subjective
Kirby can fly forever
Only Link can defeat Ganon. (Atleast that's what I read).

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
For reference, he does fight on the ground in Metroid Prime 1 and 3.

(My apologies for the poor picture quality of the second one)

RaikoTheSaikou

Smash Cadet
NNID
RaikoTheHedgehog
Bu...wha...
Oh come on, why does she have those wings?

Muh, it depends on the wings. I mean, they could easily fold up while on the ground, and if they would truly be too big and obtrusive they could simply be downscaled. As for playstyle, well, I trust the dev team they can make something good out of it.
While that's definitely possible i'm still against Ridley mostly because i can't imagine what they would do with him,
It just seems like they wouldn't go to so much trouble just to put him in.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
Dyna Blade is a boss in the Kirby series, and, like I said, was originally going to be a boss in SSE, but was replaced by Ridley.

As for Ridley's playstyle? Easy, make him the opposite of little mac (meaning top game in the air but a little clunky on the ground), give him his trade mark explosive fireballs, lot's of clawing and tail attacks, and have a final smash that is like the wall drag and fireball finish from other m.

D

Deleted member

I have know idea how you know that or why you're worrying about it. I don't think his playstyle could get too insane, after all, this is a fighting game.

Last edited by a moderator:

PowerBomb

Smash Master
While that's definitely possible i'm still against Ridley mostly because i can't imagine what they would do with him,
Little Mac is a boxer. What can he do but punch?
Wii Fit Trainer? Pfft, just a yoga instructor.
Villager? Sakurai said the villager isn't a fighter!

Just because you can't imagine it doesn't mean other people can't. I hate this type of thought process because it feels like you're putting the creativity of the developers down.

Foosedogg

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ponyhater123
I hope he's just one of the final five characters that haven't been leaked so all the haters can be in awe. Ah, once he's finally playable, the world will go insane, both in good and bad ways. I still want him in just so we have another Metroid character, though.

D

Deleted member

Dyna Blade was probably a boss from the never released kirby game other stuff from that game were found on disc as well
they probably just reused stuff that was meant unused

Zem-raj

Smash Hero

For unlocking Ridley, perhaps you have to defeat 1986 opponents in Cruel mode, or consume 2010 mega mushrooms on Pyrosphere/Brinstar with Samus :troll:

But seriously, it needs to be Samus related somehow, and it'll probably be a more time consuming method than Mewtwo's in Melee. Plus it needs to mock the ridiculous size debate.

Oh my god are you serious?
That's just the name of the band!
AND THERE'S ACTUALLY LIKE 140 MEMBERS
I don't believe it myself, I think it's just mainly a promotion of the idol group (as Miis) vs Nintendo characters just as a advert campaign. NoA would use American celebrities for their promotions.
The group originally had 48 members, hence the 48 in the name, but by August 2014 it grew to 140 members.

Sanity. In Super Smash Bros. Good one :awesome:

Last edited:

iamresh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
VivillonDoe
3DS FC
1891-1659-0237
pac-man, WFT, captain falcon, G&W, ROB. so many characters that no one could ever think of what to do with them for smash bros. idk about u, but it seems those characters are in the game lol

welp i got :4greninja:'d

Last edited:

RaikoTheSaikou

Smash Cadet
NNID
RaikoTheHedgehog
Little Mac is a boxer. What can he do but punch?
Wii Fit Trainer? Pfft, just a yoga instructor.
Villager? Sakurai said the villager isn't a fighter!

Just because you can't imagine it doesn't mean other people can't. I hate this type of thought process because it feels like you're putting the creativity of the developers down.
You forget that 2 of those are joke characters, And Little Mac while he seemed plain, He actually did end up working out,
Like i said before, I'm not against Ridley JUST because of these points i'm making, It's also because it's just hard to imagine
FOR ME, I cannot stress that last part enough.

Top Bottom