• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
It was probably said already but where/how did sakurai tease Mewtwo?
Back when X and Y were announced, somone in the audience asked if Mewtwo would be playable in the new SSB. When the creators said they couldn't comment on it, Sakurai stood up from the crowd and said "We're thinking about it."

Captain Soviet

Smash Apprentice
GET READILY FOR RIDLEY!

Also, I just realized how much sense a Mewtwo/Doctor Mario/Ridley trailer makes. They're all...clones! :awesome:

(sorry if I'm being a :079:)

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Back when X and Y were announced, somone in the audience asked if Mewtwo would be playable in the new SSB. When the creators said they couldn't comment on it, Sakurai stood up from the crowd and said "We're thinking about it."
To be fair, that can't be effectively taken as 'teasing'. He couldn't shoot the question down with "No", nor could he say "we're planning on it". So it could go either way, really.

Last edited:

Lady Byakugan

Smash Ace
Guys, guys, apparently a French journalist tweeted by mistake something about the Chorus Men being playable, so there's indeed more characters. Ridley is near!
Or maybe he doesn't know what he's saying???

It was probably said already but where/how did sakurai tease Mewtwo?
When the people who were working on X/Y were asked whether Mewtwo's forms would appear in ssb4, they said thy couldn't answer that, and from the audience, Sakurai stated '' We're thinking about it''.... or something like that

To be fair, that can't be effectively taken as 'teasing'. He couldn't shoot the question down with "No", nor could he say "we're planning on it". So it could go either way, really.
Not at all. Sakurai had no obligation to answer that question, as he himself was in the crowd and was not being interviewed. And yet he felt the need to speak up

Last edited:

LockFelino

Smash Master
3DS FC
1719-3394-3527
Guys, guys, apparently a French journalist tweeted by mistake something about the Chorus Men being playable, so there's indeed more characters. Ridley is near!
Chorus Men? SON OF A-!

Meh, much to my distain of them being in Smash, I'd be interested in how they'd play and respect those who want them, especially if it means Ridley.

But what I wouldn't stand is people going "OMG GEMATSULEAK CONFURMED. NORIDLEYLOLOLOLOL!"

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Rildey,mewtwo,dixie and ugh chrous kids seem the most likely at this point
Chorus Men are the ones who link all this
Funny because Sakurai had already planned the roster by that time.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
i don't know why a french journalist would know things like this but okay

Last edited:

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
"You have not seen anything".
"Oops"
"Let's go for the FAQ on FTP"
"Chorus Men <3"

Is what I got from google translate

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Must be fake if you haven't posted a link
Oh but I have posted a picture. Check a few posts above this one.

Does someone here speak french? And who is this NintenDav?
I speak very little French, but there it says: "The Chorus Men <3" "Oops" "You have seen nothing..."

Also, NintenDav apparently is a French gaming journalist who got his hands on Smash 3DS. At least that's what the one who posted this picture in the Official Characters Discussion thread said.

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
BACK TO RIDLEY......... so yeah, as we knew initially, there's probably 5 characters have no knowledge of. I will bet you Ridley's one of em :3

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
BACK TO RIDLEY......... so yeah, as we knew initially, there's probably 5 characters have no knowledge of. I will bet you Ridley's one of em :3
Yeah, if this is legit, it's very good news for Ridley (and possibly Mewtwo, K. Rool, Dixie, Impa and all those characters that are likely to appear...)

Isn't it possible to delete tweets? Why not just do that :4dedede:
He did. He deleted them after that, but someone managed to take a screencap of it.

Last edited:

Lady Byakugan

Smash Ace
There was a 4chan leak that claimed DHD, Mewtwo, Ridley, Dixie, Shulk, and Chorus men would be playable. So this may help Ridley's chances

LockFelino

Smash Master
3DS FC
1719-3394-3527
Oh but I have posted a picture. Check a few posts above this one.

I speak very little French, but there it says: "The Chorus Men <3" "Oops" "You have seen nothing..."

Also, NintenDav apparently is a French gaming journalist who got his hands on Smash 3DS. At least that's what the one who posted this picture in the Official Characters Discussion thread said.

So basically, this could either be the nail in the coffin for Ridley, or the saving grace?

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I don't know if anyone has posted this already but i thought this might be something to consider:

Even tho i am strongly against Ridley this video does have some very good points.
I still fail to understand how someone is against a characters inclusion
especially a character who is the villain of an underrepresented franchise.

Not just you, but people in general
you can have your opinion, I just question it along with many others.

R0Y

Smash Master
I don't believe him.

Hope for the best, expect the worst. What we saw was probably it.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
I don't know if anyone has posted this already but i thought this might be something to consider:

Even tho i am strongly against Ridley this video does have some very good points.
Yeah, we've seen it. A lot of us think that's just Ridley's tail and feet clumped together to look like Pikachu.
I still think that's Pikachu in there, the tail just matches up too well.

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
Man, why can't any journalists leak Ridley or a character remotely interesting? No offense to people who think the Chorus Men are interesting, but...yeah....er...

6 more days till Japan release.
26 more days till Nintendo looks at America and is like 'Oh, yeah, you can have it too,' like leftovers at a Medieval feast.

We must believe in the Ridley....

Top Bottom