• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

D

Deleted member

Has Nintendo/Sakurai gone into much detail of what features will be exclusive to the Wii U? No they haven't, and that is because the 3ds version is being released first. They are hyping information about smash run because the 3ds version is being released first. They will continue uploading POTDs long after the 3ds release untill the Wii U release and because they've already gone over what makes the 3ds version unique, they'll use the post 3ds release POTDs to talk about features exclusive to the Wii U version before it is released.

Just some thoughts off the top of my head.
I wouldn't buy the Wii U version for an assortment of features that I won't care about since Versus is my main game. Everything else is just there for trophy collection if I'm up for it. There needs to be new characters in the Wii U or I'll get bored unless the modes are mind-boggling, with online co-op, which are two things that probably won't happen. No consumer is buying the Wii U version for random modes, they buy it for the characters. There is a reason why the character discussion area is so big.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Guys, we only need one song for the final stretch to get ready.

Please don't. The last time I remember that track being played here, it was on the day of the Smash Direct, mere moments until it finally aired.

You don't want to jinx it, do you?

Xenorange

Smash Lord
Yeah. I have this feeling that Nintendo really is as half-brained as some of the detractors make them out to be. Like they don't understand the implications of needless speculation and false hope. For example:

Bill Trinen: "Hey! Some Nintendo fan just made a comment on my twitter page about wanting Ridley in SSB4! Even though I know that he isn't playable, I think I'm going to play along with him and troll him with a picture of Barney! Who cares if it gives some slimmer of false hope to those imbeciles, it's their fault for wasting their lives arguing about a toy."

I'm going to wonder if, in the event that all goes to hell and that the leaked roster is final, that it would have been better for him to ignore any comments about characters that weren't playable in this game, because he already did the same thing with Mewtwo on his twitter page.

That was beautiful. I don't think I'll stop supporting him, especially if it turns out that none of the big three get in this game.

I'm all in it for the Space Pirate Commander, but it won't affect my purchase of the 3DS version but rather, the Wii U version. The roster leak has left me unimpressed with the choices made, but if the rumored four are actually playable (Dixie, Mewtwo, Chorus Men, and of course, Ridley), then I'll be more or less satisfied.
Bill teased someone that asked about Ridley? Interesting. This raises my hope a little

iamresh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
VivillonDoe
3DS FC
1891-1659-0237
time for some straw grasping, my fellow space pirates.
"Bayonetta 2 Nintendo Costumes - Star Fox, Princess Peach, Link, Samus, Daisy"
what if each of the series listed as a nintendo costume got a character not announced yet in smash bros?
peach and daisy= bowser jr
star fox = falco
zelda series = maybe impa?
and finally, samus = RIDLEY

Last edited:

Wombatz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Heroicwombat
I can guarantee Ridley will be playable after the costume/shulk moveset leak being completely confirmed

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
VERY interesting.
Personally, I wouldn't put it past Nintendo people to tease Ridley fans like that even if he isn't playable. I mean...

And at this point, the return of Mother 3's protagonist seems rather unlikely...

Last edited:

Zawaz132

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zawaz132
Ask yourself if it was between the wii u version and the 3ds and they came out at the same time
Whitch would you choose?
Don't make me choose!!! The 3DS version sounds great because I travel by train a lot where'd I see other 3 matches! But on the other hand, the Wii U one will have my local multiplayer and pro controller. And dem graphics :yeahboi:
Also, it's my 100th post! Took me this long because I enjoy reading more than posting ,but I do feel a little more like I'm part of the family.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Ridley? Icing on the cake? I thought he was the entire cake! AND THEN SOME!
But the main man is Mega Man. Before he was confirmed. He was the most requested new character to be added in Smash 4. Just think about it, Blue Robot vs Purple Dragon. Most people would want to watch that.

There's one reason I would think that both would be possible, it would open up the ultimate Sakurai-troll.

Imagine it, all this speculation, all this build up, we make it to the very last picture of the day before release with no Ridley... then:

Only to reveal an older style Ridley as playable later that evening in a pre-release direct.
I guess. I still doubt it a lot though. But if it did happen, wouldn't they just use the same model? I mean, like someone else posted, a slightly re-sized Bowser was technically a boss in Melee's adventure mode. I know people don't like the Other M Ridley, but really, that's the one we're getting.

iamresh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
VivillonDoe
3DS FC
1891-1659-0237
Ask yourself if it was between the wii u version and the 3ds and they came out at the same time
Whitch would you choose?
i would choose 3ds for sure. no annoying siblings wanting to play every second on the system leavin me no time to play ssb wii u, while on 3ds its my own system and i can play it as much as i want. also mobile smash bros ftw

James Phillips

Smash Journeyman

"'Hoy, small fry! It's Fishman, reporting one last time as your mouseover guide to this comic. Y'know, fry, I always thought I'd make a good Smash Bros. character. My Up-B would involve leaping out of the water and drawing on Link's map, my Down-B would involve leaping out of the water and drawing on Link's map, my Side-B would...hm. On second thought, I think I'm content just to sit in the now-HD water and eat some now-HD bait. It seems the artist of this comic is doing his usual outpouring of emotion...try not to let it bother you too much, fry, he's just kind of a sensitive guy. I hear the women like that, which might explain why I'm still swimmin' solo. Oh well. ...Say, I think that's it, isn't it? Our last mouseover meeting? Well fry, I hope you take care of yourself and think of me anytime you throw hunks of meat into the ocean. I think I'm gonna miss all this chatting, to tell you the truth. Great, now I'M getting sentimental! Oh well, c'est la vie. Hey, look at me, speakin' French! And with that...I'm off!"

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Nope. Either we get Other M Ridley or we get no one. No other way. No Roidley boss, Ridley playable situation.

3DS unless its screen is too small.
I've brought it up before, but you dismissed it because you assumed I was trying to bring back Brawley.

Why can't Roidley be both a boss and a playable character? Dark Pit's official treatment so far points to him being a boss, and he's playable according to a leak.

Wombatz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Heroicwombat
was this posted here yet... this was on 4chan and this was leaked i believe right before the CSS leak came out

Zango

Smash Apprentice
was this posted here yet... this was on 4chan and this was leaked i believe right before the CSS leak came out
Vegeta? What does the search function say about how many times this has been posted and discussed?

It is quite a significantly high number.

(Note: The quoted part of that post is the actual leak, the guy just throws Ridley, Mewtwo, Dixie and DLC in because who knows.)

Last edited:

Wombatz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Heroicwombat
Sorry im not on here often... just to be sure i posted it

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Vegeta? What does the search function say about how many times this has been posted and discussed?

It is quite a significantly high number.

(Note: The quoted part of that post is the actual leak, the guy just throws Ridley, Mewtwo, Dixie and DLC in because who knows.)
Those three (and the Chorus Men, but no DLC) were thrown in because they were part of an earlier leak on 4chan that somehow contained the DHD and Bowser Jr., before evidence of their inclusion ever came to light. Considering that we know that the leaked roster isn't complete, they could very well be our last remaining characters.

But it could be one hell of a coincidence, or that the leaker did have legit info, but made some characters up to **** with the fanbase. Which honestly wouldn't surprise me, because it's 4chan.

PeterJude

Smash Ace
I like the part where a perfectly good screenshot has been cropped, jpeged and destroyed instead of just posting the original.

What's more interesting though is that much of that information could be gotten from leak information (which supposedly was floating around before it was leaked), and that the whole 8 pallet swaps had been discussed for a while. Whilst it does seem good, it's worth noting that it could have some false info in it.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Please don't. The last time I remember that track being played here, it was on the day of the Smash Direct, mere moments until it finally aired.

You don't want to jinx it, do you?
The last time that was actually brought up was a few hours before the thread got closed a second time.

My bad.

Zynux

Smash Lord
Sorry im not on here often... just to be sure i posted it
Don't worry about it too much, but we're trying to cut down on leak talk here in this thread in particular. This thread is...infamous, for lack of better term to get off-topic when it comes to Ridley sometimes.

To answer your question, Dixie and Ridley in that leak is just speculation, and the quoted part was taken from Ninka. So, take it with a huge grain of salt.

Personally, I wouldn't put it past Nintendo people to tease Ridley fans like that even if he isn't playable. I mean...

And at this point, the return of Mother 3's protagonist seems rather unlikely...
I don't have the link, but he did it with Snake as well. And, well...let's just say that Snake is on thin ice.

Bill Trinen's tweets on Ridley can either mean everything, or nothing at all.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
It's really sad to think that Dixie, Ridley, and Mewtwo are the characters who are on thin ice regarding the leak, and yet DHD and Bowser Jr. are the ones who have decisive evidence in their favor.

I would think that for most people, they would have it the other way around.

AlexTLW

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlexTLW
3DS FC
0688-5455-7010
When I found out the top part and bottom part where from 2 completely separate people. My anxiety rose dramatically. these leakers are playing with my heart right now. It still would have been a lucky guess if it where proven false. Hoping its true though.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
This is not true. 4chan leak only talk about the listed characters in that picture, nothing more. It was Ninka's leak that talked about the alt costumes.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Ridley isn't a robot, Meta-Ridley on the other hand....
... is a cyborg. Now that thing on Ridley's ship in Zero Mission on the other hand, is a robot.

Am usually not that prone to correcting someone like that, but you kinda set yourself up for it with the way you worded it. :p

I think that, if anything, the ESRB build is just plain missing characters. They probably left out a few, including the most hyped characters in general.
Do they have to see every character anyway to give the final verdict on a game rating? Maybe they figured "Alright, we've seen enough of this game's characters to get an idea of what we're officially gonna rate this as now".

If my ignorance shows I apologize, but I generally don't pay attention to how ESRB does their ****, not that Ridley would be a character to potentially alter the rating of the game anyway like say Bayonetta would if she were in (unless he had the green blood which I doubt).

This is another reason I don't think it's likely. Nintendo wants to push the Wii U but they also don't want to piss off the 3DS userbase.
Nintendo may be doing enough a job at that already with how they're handling the new 3DS (it being able to play some games that the original 3DS can't and all).

I don't think I'd have the desire to write the kind of letter you described to Nintendo, but I salute those with the loud enough minds who do, whether they be fans of Ridley or other popular choices that ended up not making it and were teased for very little payoff.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
It's really sad to think that Dixie, Ridley, and Mewtwo are the characters who are on thin ice regarding the leak, and yet DHD and Bowser Jr. are the ones who have decisive evidence in their favor.

I would think that for most people, they would have it the other way around.
Well, Paper Mario still has good chances you know.

Tough, the thing special about Ridley is that the tease was so intense that even if Sakurai wanted to deconfirm him at any point from now, it's too late. It generated so much controversy and debates mostly ending in flame wars / bashing that it can't be undone by clapping your hands and so, doing it without a VERY GOOD purpose in mind is intentionally screwing with his fans.

Like, it's simple: the only time he could have been deconfirmed when the talks could have been undone was between August 20 2013 and April 8 2014. He could do any deconfirmation and it'll go as normal, but since April 8 and even letting it go for more than a year in total, no you can't press CTRL + Z and smile, no that's not possible to do that.

The act was done and the only way it would make sense is confirming him as it would have been discussed extensively already so more people knows about it and so, would be aware of this mind blown.

I still see people saying "Ridley showed as boss on direct = [deconfirmed]" while I simply need to point out ONE flaw that is the words he said to make this statement not objective at all.

So, if you're confused as to why I'm convinced he's playable, it's because I don't see how he could be announced to NOT be at this point. Not even showing the stage at E3 I mean c'mon it's clear it's not because you went on random.org to choose which stage is on the demo and it's clear that pyrosphere COULD be ok for this build.

Add the tease itself + my case being on a similar, but smaller model of this + happened several time and got a [confirmed] after + the quantity of stuff meant to not be obvious and objective + wouldn't even be consistent with his way of doing stuff if [deconfirmed] + denying of acknowledgement and only states things on magazines meant to follow this ambiguity + the trophies theory being a secondary tease.

Do I have seriously a reason to even think about him not being playable?

Look, I speculated for months here and I swear I could not find anything consistent where the outcome was not playable.

So, I kind of ignores and laugh of those who are still saying [deconfirmed]. Good luck being right, but you might need a support thread to get enough motivation for that and even then, you can't have it because it's forbidden to do it on character forum.

He's playable ok?

Ridles the Space Pirate

Smash Journeyman
Operation: Ridles' Secret Project is a go!

I'm working on an idle stance for Ridley and meta Ridley, and here's what I got so far:
metar-idle1.PNG

(sorry for the green, but I need it there for secret reasons)

So what do you think? Would you like Ridley to stand around like this in sm4sh?

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Operation: Ridles' Secret Project is a go!

I'm working on an idle stance for Ridley and meta Ridley, and here's what I got so far:
View attachment 24131
(sorry for the green, but I need it there for secret reasons)

So what do you think? Would you like Ridley to stand around like this in sm4sh?
c21.png
Goddamn that's cool.

Just for kicks, could you compare him with other characters with this idle position?

Top Bottom