• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
You talking about the one that listed Chorus kids, Mewtwo, Ridley, Dixie, Shulk, and DHD? If so, I do believe it. I mean it did come out before the Ninka leak, did it not?
From what I know, the leak was posted on July 27, and the evidence for the Ninka/Vaanrose leak was revealed two days after that. IIRC, the 4chan leak itself was what caused it to go public, because it was scarily accurate to what the people withholding the evidence knew.

But even then, I can't really say that Ridley's a shoo-in because of it. I think it's unreliable information, and that we have enough evidence of our own to believe in Ridley's chances.

RidleyDX

Smash Ace
Operation: Ridles' Secret Project is a go!

I'm working on an idle stance for Ridley and meta Ridley, and here's what I got so far:
View attachment 24131
(sorry for the green, but I need it there for secret reasons)

So what do you think? Would you like Ridley to stand around like this in sm4sh?
Meta Ridley knows Kung Fu!

I would want him to be crouching in Smash 4, I think @ Dalek_Kolt Dalek_Kolt made one image of Other M Ridley crouching, its epic.

It came out a little later than the Ninka leak.
That leak came before the ninka leak

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
Are you talking about the wrestling gif with Ridley's glorious face? Because that would have been me back on page 1530. Here's the original post.
If you're talking about another gif, then I guess I'll just return to my corner and be quiet...
I love you <3

Blackflamedragon

Smash Apprentice
I've noticed a trend, it seems we get a new character about every two weeks
Feel free to prove me wrong it's just what it feels like to me

Last edited:

CorruptedMotives

Smash Rookie
NNID
Rootbeer
3DS FC
1118-0220-9529
No, because I don't think we'll like the answer :(
My thoughts exactly. I really want Ridley in, but I just don't see it happening at this point. I'll be happy to be proven wrong, but my hopes aren't up.

Ridles the Space Pirate

Smash Journeyman
Meta Ridley knows Kung Fu!

I would want him to be crouching in Smash 4, I think @ Dalek_Kolt Dalek_Kolt made one image of Other M Ridley crouching, its epic.
In my secret project, Ridley practices a hand to hand combat style that involves waiting for the right moment to strike as well as countering, along with his trademark predatory brutality shown through a flurry of blows when he has the opportunity. So I felt this was a good pose for him, since he is roughly only 1.8 times larger than samus in my project.

But all fours might work better for a large Roidley in smash bros. Especially with all of those muscles weighing him down.

RidleyDX

Smash Ace
Ninka's leak came before.
Uhh I'am fairly certain that specific leak was posted before the ninka leak @Con0rrrr probably has the answer.

In my secret project, Ridley practices a hand to hand combat style that involves waiting for the right moment to strike as well as countering, along with his trademark predatory brutality shown through a flurry of blows when he has the opportunity. So I felt this was a good pose for him, since he is roughly only 1.8 times larger than samus in my project.

But all fours might work better for a large Roidley in smash bros. Especially with all of those muscles weighing him down.
Well the one picture I'am thinking about, Ridley has one hand up while the rest is on the floor. It makes him more menacing. Interesting take on a fighting style for Ridley.

Last edited:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Color!

And palette swaps!

Super Metroid boxart Ridley

Zero Mission Ridley

Ridley X

Meta Ridley

Kraid

NES Ridley

Ice Ridley
Awesome stuff man. You do great work. Also, a shoutout to @AndreaAC and other great artists of this thread. Thanks for your works. You guys are awesome, nuff said.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Guys, we need to stop with the awesome artwork. I want to be excited that Ridley is in when he's revealed. Not disappointed that he's not as cool looking as his fan-art.

silver_blade001

Smash Apprentice
Honestly I thought that if Ridley was in the game his idle stance would be on all fours crawling around (like he does in some games...), but it (I think) give credence for him being slower if he was on all fours.

Also the smash sale for the characters, Samus's is after the release date of it in Japan. Does that mean there is a chance that he would be put in there, I don't know. So coincidence I think so...

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I feel like Ridley, even crouching should be bigger than Bowser. Bowser has dietary issues that Ridley simply doesn't have.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
It's still pretty amazing Ridley is still alive out of all the speculated and wanted characters. Especially since he's been alluded to and teased twice by Sakurai. He knows we want him. The question remains...Has Sakurai teased him this long for us to explode with happiness when he's revealed? Or is he doing this to crush our hopes and dreams and laugh at us? The scary part is...It could be either.

Lady Byakugan

Smash Ace
It's still pretty amazing Ridley is still alive out of all the speculated and wanted characters. Especially since he's been alluded to and teased twice by Sakurai. He knows we want him. The question remains...Has Sakurai teased him this long for us to explode with happiness when he's revealed? Or is he doing this to crush our hopes and dreams and laugh at us? The scary part is...It could be either.
I really doubt all the Ridley teasing is for nothing

D

Deleted member

If ridley ends up being a boss then I wouldn't loose my trust in sakurai(That's not saying much, the guy is a trickster.), but I may loose some respect for him.

iFlysmn

Smash Rookie
If ridley ends up being a boss then I wouldn't loose my trust in sakurai(That's not saying much, the guy is a trickster.), but I may loose some respect for him.
You'd lose respect for him simply because he didn't include a character you wanted to be in the game?

D

Deleted member

You'd lose respect for him simply because he didn't include a character you wanted to be in the game?
No, I would loose respect for him for making us wait months in confusion and speculation over a character that should of already been shown if he really is a boss.(Basically, he would of been building up false hype, which is unprofessional, IMO.)

Last edited by a moderator:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Color!

And palette swaps!
Added some shading and stuff.
Super Metroid boxart Ridley

Zero Mission Ridley

Ridley X

Meta Ridley

Kraid

NES Ridley

Ice Ridley
I've added some shading and stuff.

EDIT: Woah, I've already posted over 3000 posts? My god, am I a maniac.

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
well he ain't obligated to show us anything at all really :s
If Ridley is indeed a boss, then whatever, at least show us how he works as a boss. Because just a dumb shadow that just flies there doesn't tell us much.

EDIT: Plus, he felt obligated to clarify that Prince Sable was an Assist Trophy after he posted his PotD, even though it was clear he wasn't playable.

Last edited:

Captain Soviet

Smash Apprentice
Hey, thread regulars! Guess what I'm about to mention!

Then why do it for Waluigi, Chrom, Takumaru, Prince Sable, and a ton of other characters I'm forgetting?

If you blatantly and bluntly do so for some characters, you create an expectation that you'll do it for all characters. Or to put it in a different way, he wasn't obligated until he put that obligation on himself.

But, yanno, Ridley, exceptions, all logic breaks down and flows in reverse, big joke, ect, ect.

Man, some of us are artists, some of us mess with 3d models. I'm just the assist trophy/final smash reminder dude.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
If people feel incline to express how they feel about a person who went so far out of there way to give any detailed information about the role of a highly requested character, when that said character was later deconfirmed to take the role the fans clearly didn't want, when that could of happened so much earlier in the development of Smash 4, then yes, I think we can judge the person who handle this situation poorly, compared to so many other characters who got a explicit deconfirmation while Ridley did not.

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
He's not obligated to but they've cleared up every single bit of confusion about every other single deconfirmed or slightly deconfirmed character to date except for Ridley. If he's just a boss they went out of their way to not just come out and say it.

D

Deleted member

But he has shown us so many things about other parts of the game., and he usually does it right off the bat too. There's no clear reason why he hasn't show Ridley by now.(Other than him being a playable character.)

Last edited by a moderator:

spd12

Smash Cadet
NNID
PinkDodecahedron
3DS FC
0104-0418-0459
I don't quite have the memories of Metroid most you guys do. I had the original game and the first Prime game, neither of which stuck with me in the long run (despite the latter being considered absolutely amazing, I never finished it - but I still have it).

I was really impressed with Ridley in Brawl. I don't know if that's a popular opinion with you guys here, but I liked both his boss fights quite a lot. If he's anything like that as a boss in Pyrosphere, I don't think I'd complain much either. He feels a lot more like a boss fight to me than a playable character, but this is based on the way he's been presented to my knowledge and recollection of the character. He is a big scary purple space dragon thing, to me, who thrives on the intimidation of his size and mobility to hunt you down as you try to plink away at him for your life.

That said, if anyone can translate that into something fun for people to play both as and against, it's Sakurai. He's really impressed me with a lot of the newcomer playstyles as seen so far, and I'm sure he could work that same magic on Ridley if he makes it in the playable roster.

I'm totally certain he could make something great off the concept of a really large character, even bigger than Bowser - assuming that he would be huge as a playable dude, anyway (and I feel he ought to, to best convey what I get of his general character - not as big as in Brawl but still huge).

That and I guess I'd enjoy putting him in bunny ears and having him wave around some little fairy girl's flower wand, because that's just funny.

Even if he doesn't make it in as playable, I'm certain what we will see of him will be well done, finely polished, and fun to interact with. He is a major element of the Metroid games, that much is clear, and that will be absolutely acknowledged in some form or another.

Sakurai's had to balance a lot of ideas and IPs across a very big team, on two different projects, nonstop. He's done bad things to his shoulders just to get this all put together. I'm sure his team will do everyone justice to the extent that their time, resources, and physical health allows them.

Regardless of the end result for Ridley's representation in Smash, I can't wait for the game's release in Japan - or the local release here some weeks later.

It's only sad we'll have to wait many years again for any further speculation of this nature, haha.

I don't quite have the memories of Metroid most you guys do. I had the original game and the first Prime game, neither of which stuck with me in the long run (despite the latter being considered absolutely amazing, I never finished it - but I still have it).

I was really impressed with Ridley in Brawl. I don't know if that's a popular opinion with you guys here, but I liked both his boss fights quite a lot. If he's anything like that as a boss in Pyrosphere, I don't think I'd complain much either. He feels a lot more like a boss fight to me than a playable character, but this is based on the way he's been presented to my knowledge and recollection of the character. He is a big scary purple space dragon thing, to me, who thrives on the intimidation of his size and mobility to hunt you down as you try to plink away at him for your life.

That said, if anyone can translate that into something fun for people to play both as and against, it's Sakurai. He's really impressed me with a lot of the newcomer playstyles as seen so far, and I'm sure he could work that same magic on Ridley if he makes it in the playable roster.

I'm totally certain he could make something great off the concept of a really large character, even bigger than Bowser - assuming that he would be huge as a playable dude, anyway (and I feel he ought to, to best convey what I get of his general character - not as big as in Brawl but still huge).

That and I guess I'd enjoy putting him in bunny ears and having him wave around some little fairy girl's flower wand, because that's just funny.

Even if he doesn't make it in as playable, I'm certain what we will see of him will be well done, finely polished, and fun to interact with. He is a major element of the Metroid games, that much is clear, and that will be absolutely acknowledged in some form or another.

Sakurai's had to balance a lot of ideas and IPs across a very big team, on two different projects, nonstop. He's done bad things to his shoulders just to get this all put together. I'm sure his team will do everyone justice to the extent that their time, resources, and physical health allows them.

Regardless of the end result for Ridley's representation in Smash, I can't wait for the game's release in Japan - or the local release here some weeks later.

It's only sad we'll have to wait many years again for any further speculation of this nature, haha.
Although I really want Ridley as a character, I do not mind if he is a boss, and I mean, a GOOD one. I still remember the time I fought with Ridley in Super Metroid and Other M. These battles are intense because these are pretty much an all or nothing battles. If Sakurai can make a Ridley fight superior to Ridley's previous fight, I will be satisfy.

Thor_Hammerschlag

Smash Cadet
Although I really want Ridley as a character, I do not mind if he is a boss, and I mean, a GOOD one. I still remember the time I fought with Ridley in Super Metroid and Other M. These battles are intense because these are pretty much an all or nothing battles. If Sakurai can make a Ridley fight superior to Ridley's previous fight, I will be satisfy.
Yes no true however - still - I WANT HIM PLAYABLE THIS TIME!!!!

Top Bottom