• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
Given what Dark Samus is doing as an AT, it's clear that there's a good unique moveset there if it's re-explored. Its final smash could be either sucking up + ko'ing an enemy or turning into Metroid Prime.

Kraid is just too big to be playable.
Inb4 someone calls you hypocritical for saying Ridley can be downsized, but not Kraid; because logic totally exists in Smash! :troll:

Seriously, I think you should be more careful if you're gonna talk about size; size isn't canon in Smash, remember?

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Guys, i found something interesting - in original Metroid, there was a Fake Ridley, with fully functional everything. So, maybe in April Direct it was a Fake Ridley? Huh? HUH?! *totallynotstrawgrasping*
Uh, you sure you're not thinking of Fake Kraid? Because I don't recall there being a Ridley decoy in the original Metroid.

Wait....why does everyone think that Other M gives Ridley some kind of character? just because as a demented furby he stares at Samus and cries out loud to somehow control the minds of other creatures or something? The honey thing? or whatever else he also did?

For heavens sake....the fact that he COMMANDS the space pirates without having cry out loud is a proof that he's not mindless, and I mean, he had faked death in many other ocassions WAY BEFORE Other M. He's persistant as hell. And if someone says that he should talk to proof his intelligence, that's just wrong. His actions are THE PROOF. And he also has his mistakes, but he doesn't care, that is why he comes back for more, but he also knows when to retreat.

If Roidley was so intelligent as the Original Ridley, why the hell he went to the freaking room where the Metroid Queen was (Probably he didn't know, but why that room?) he could have gone to other of many other places inside the freaking ship and ATE SOMETHING if that's how his healing process gets to work.

View attachment 24009
"..."

EDIT: Sorry about that ranting...I need to get a glass of water....
When people talk about the clone Ridley faking death, they usually mean as a combat/killing tactic, like how Birdie outplayed that one scientist to get out of his cage, and as an adult attempted to do the same to Samus in the cutscene after his boss fight. While you could say the original Ridley's faked death a number of times before Other M, he hasn't been shown to do it in the low trickery kind of way that Roidley has against Samus in a fight, not that it's an uncommon villain tactic.

Gonna guess too that Roidley didn't know there would be a Metroid Queen there waiting for him when he retreated to sector 1 or whatever, but they had to explain the existence of the drained/frozen corpse in Fusion somehow. Maybe the Queen's Metroids already drained the creatures in the area Roidley retreated to by the time he got there, so there was nothing around left worth eating for him to heal himself.

Yeah...I know Corruption is the best example, specially when he attacked Samus when she was on a vulnerable state, he followed her to the Generator shaft (even if he the wrong move and fell into that bottomless pit....), and I really doubt that he died in his Omega form, the explosion never showed him blowing up into pieces like Mogenar or Helios...he could have easily hide in one of the Leviathan's hole thingies....
It's really a tossup between Corruption and Other M as far as which game displayed his intelligence best, I feel, though it's all opinion anyway. I mean yeah, attacking Samus while she was in morph ball form going through a tunnel was clever and smart, but he's attacked her while she was in a vulnerable state in Other M too.

Agree though that Omega didn't die like Mogenar and Helios did with the given evidence, but he must've escaped the Leviathan afterward when he sank through the ground, because if he was still in the Leviathan when Samus blew it up like the other ones, that would not of been good news for him...

This might sound like an odd question, but has Ridley ever been shown to have a sense of humor?
(Just gathering info for aforementioned evil plans)
A sadistic sense of humor, yeah.

When Ridley is announced and 5mash is probably announced in a few more years, shall we support a new Metroid newcomer? I recomend Kraid.
If Ridley's playable, I say Smash 5 should be just about supporting him not being cut. Otherwise, Dark Samus.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

CrowGoesCaw

Smash Journeyman
If Ridley gets in, I'm content for Metroid reps. Though I wouldn't be against others being in, I feel Samus and Ridley are the iconic characters of the series. I also want Ridley in because I'm sick of Samus being the only rep for Metroid.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
On a friday.

And its not the E3 build theres going to be new stuff shown.
Agreed. I believe this post:

"今までの試遊は、E3版相当でした。今回の店頭体験版は、製品版相当になりますよ。"

Has to deal with the new build and Sakurai is stating that it is different than the E3 build.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Rough Google translate of Sakurai's tweet - "up to now, was E3 Edition equivalent. Over-the-counter trial version of this will be equivalent to the retail version"

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Rough Google translate of Sakurai's tweet - "up to now, was E3 Edition equivalent. Over-the-counter trial version of this will be equivalent to the retail version"
Pretty much saying that the newest build of SSB4 is exactly what the Finished Product is going to be.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Guys...The end is near. Whatever happens with Ridley being playable or not, I love you. I joined the party late, but it sure was fun. Let's hope we're all celebrating soon instead of being sad.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
This may be a dumb question, but everybody knows where to find the Bayonetta 2 Nintendo Direct, correct?

If you need a link to the Stream, then just let me know.

Edit: Ask me via Conversation.

Last edited:

CrowGoesCaw

Smash Journeyman
We're on the verge of it being released. The Japanese release is so very close, so naturally the wait grows more agonising. :ohwell: Hearing about this final build demo just makes it all the more agonising. :grin:

Guys...The end is near. Whatever happens with Ridley being playable or not, I love you. I joined the party late, but it sure was fun. Let's hope we're all celebrating soon instead of being sad.
Yeah, this thread has been awesome. Even before I started posting and was just lurking, it was a blast to read. Plus there has been the awesome artists making those awesome images and the plushy too. Soo cool. All of it and all of you! Huzzah!

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Ditto. It was finally wonderful to get in touch with fellow Ridley supporters with the Internet being Anti-Ridley. Shall the outcome be in our favor.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
When people talk about the clone Ridley faking death, they usually mean as a combat/killing tactic, like how Birdie outplayed that one scientist to get out of his cage, and as an adult attempted to do the same to Samus in the cutscene after his boss fight. While you could say the original Ridley's faked death a number of times before Other M, he hasn't been shown to do it in the low trickery kind of way that Roidley has against Samus in a fight, not that it's an uncommon villain tactic.

Gonna guess too that Roidley didn't know there would be a Metroid Queen there waiting for him when he retreated to sector 1 or whatever, but they had to explain the existence of the drained/frozen corpse in Fusion somehow. Maybe the Queen's Metroids already drained the creatures in the area Roidley retreated to by the time he got there, so there was nothing around left worth eating for him to heal himself.

It's really a tossup between Corruption and Other M as far as which game displayed his intelligence best, I feel, though it's all opinion anyway. I mean yeah, attacking Samus while she was in morph ball form going through a tunnel was clever and smart, but he's attacked her while she was in a vulnerable state in Other M too.

Agree though that Omega didn't die like Mogenar and Helios did with the given evidence, but he must've escaped the Leviathan afterward when he sank through the ground, because if he was still in the Leviathan when Samus blew it up like the other ones, that would not of been good news for him...
oh...yeah......one of the things Roidley did wrong was to not instantly KILL Samus when he had the chance, he only roared at her, you may say, he wanted to make her suffer/scare her etc. but...I would have expected him to kill her quickly, and eat her corpse or something (I know it wouldn't be possible for obvious reasons...)....BUT whatever....I don't want to return to my stressing hateful days...

Oh, and the Leviathan...in the original version, the leviathans just BURN, in the trilogy version they EXPLODE, but if you go to a spot where you can see them from afar, they are still burning even of the cinematic showed the explosion. for me, the Leviathans fully disappeared with Phaaze's destruction, and Ridley got healed and became fully organic.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
oh...yeah......one of the things Roidley did wrong was to not instantly KILL Samus when he had the chance, he only roared at her, you may say, he wanted to make her suffer/scare her etc. but...I would have expected him to kill her quickly, and eat her corpse or something (I know it wouldn't be possible for obvious reasons...)....BUT whatever....I don't want to return to my stressing hateful days...
I'd take this as evidence of his sapience, since no predator would waste energy and surprise on pure sadism otherwise. Unless of course Ridley's home environment allowed for intempivorous traits to be a boon to survival, which I doubt. :p

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I'd take this as evidence of his sapience, since no predator would waste energy and surprise on pure sadism otherwise. Unless of course Ridley's home environment allowed for intempivorous traits to be a boon to survival, which I doubt. :p
Yeah, I think you are right...but I want to forget about this....I don't know why I started arguing about it...Roidley did what he did, and good for him.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Well, in light of this, I think we're nearing the end of the Ridley Ride. Whether we'll see the Ridster in the game will be definitively concluded in the next few days, whether he'll be the playable character fans have wanted since the birth of Smash Bros, or he'll be the boss of Pyrosphere. I hope that for your enjoyment and relief that your most wanted character is confirmed playable within the next few days. :) :4ridley:

PeterJude

Smash Ace
I still think having no Pyrosphere on 3DS is a huge boost for Ridley's chances. I seriously doubt that a character with such support, even if he was shafted into being just a boss hazard, is extremely unlikely to be one console exclusive. Being Pyrosphere's boss hazard with Pyrosphere being Wii U exclusive really should say a lot about the chances of that being his role in the game.

Iddis

Smash Apprentice
If you are faltering in belief for Ridley watch this, at the very least it should make you smile and bring back hope once again (even if it's just for a little)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6wRkzCW5qI

Who else will continue to fight?

On a different note... I was wondering just for the heck of it, what color combos for Ridleys' alts would you guys want even if it isn't from an actual source? (I'd be partial to a Dark Samus colored Ridley and a Light Suit colored one too.)

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
If you are faltering in belief for Ridley watch this, at the very least it should make you smile and bring back hope once again (even if it's just for a little)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6wRkzCW5qI

Who else will continue to fight?

On a different note... I was wondering just for the heck of it, what color combos for Ridleys' alts would you guys want even if it isn't from an actual source? (I'd be partial to a Dark Samus colored Ridley and a Light Suit colored one too.)
Gold. On. Gold. Especially if he giggles. :demon:

Byxis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Byxis7
3DS FC
4656-8308-4770
What if Ridley got a Grima costume(Fell Dragon from Fire Emblem Awakening) so that he could cause PTSD in Lucina as he does in Samus to torment them both?

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
What if Ridley got a Grima costume(Fell Dragon from Fire Emblem Awakening) so that he could cause PTSD in Lucina as he does in Samus to torment them both?
At least it would make sense in the case of the former... -_-

UnicornDemon

Smash Journeyman
I want Ridley to touch me all over my body. (FYI this means add me to the support list.)

Also,

Zawaz132

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zawaz132
I want Ridley to touch me all over my body. (FYI this means add me to the support list.)

Also,

Someone's late to the part with that picture :p
But I do still find it funny how many people thought of Ridley almost automatically when that scene happened. Myself and a few friends included.

Zynux

Smash Lord
Someone's late to the part with that picture :p
But I do still find it funny how many people thought of Ridley almost automatically when that scene happened. Myself and a few friends included.
No joke, my heart literally skipped a beat or two. :nervous:

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
I've loved being here. Sharing theories, trouncing invaders, making jokes, admiring art. This has been a grand experience.

I'm betting we're not getting a Ridleyveil before it releases in Japan. If Ridley is unlockable, which is looking to be the case, I fully expect him to be detailed during the lull between the JP and US reveals.

Zynux

Smash Lord
I cant wait till sakurai flicks us off when ridley isnt on the 3ds
Hopefully this thread will be locked before then. Because ohhhh booooyyyyy will we turn into a Hive of Swarming Kihunters if the unfortunate happens.

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
When was Ridley shown as a boss in Brawl? Release day? Or is this the longest we've went without hearing about his role?

hot coffee

Smash Cadet
In the new pic of the day that talks about danger zones, the effect on the left side of the screen looks like Ridley's silhouette. It even has the crooked neck. Coincidence?

Rattlehead2Deth

Smash Rookie
Ridley is far and away my most requested character for Smash 4; add me to the list, please!

I really want to do a free for all on FD with Bowser, Ganondorf, Ridley (played by me!) and King K. Rool (second most wanted newcomer). Having 4 iconic villains battling it out would be epic...

Top Bottom