• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

KingBroly

Smash Lord
The only character being deconfirmed today...is Lucina...from the Starting Roster, because that's what Sakurai will post, and detail how it will unfold.

AlexTLW

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlexTLW
3DS FC
0688-5455-7010
It's only going to get worse from here. There's 7 chances left for Sakurai to show off Ridley as a Boss Hazard, and general leak talk isn't finding his inclusion likely.

Best clench your butts and be prepared. The Ridley Train is a bumpy ride, after all.

Please by a small chance don't actually be correct for once
But Ridley is love, Ridley is life. no clenching required

PacoTaco

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4312-9999-1091
I want Sakurai to post the starting roster on like the last day before release. I just want it and it could help Ridley. Or Ridley could be on the starting roster:troll:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
You haven't taken into account depth in that. To say it another way:

That Samus is close
That Ridley is further away
Oh no, I wasn't the one who made that pic....I just found it when I was looking for pics of Ridley from melee.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
No matter what happens with Ridley, it's been fun. I still think he's in, but as the release in Japan gets closer and closer I get more and more nervous! Hell, we'll probably know the entire roster before the release!

Last edited:

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman
The only character being deconfirmed today...is Lucina...from the Starting Roster, because that's what Sakurai will post, and detail how it will unfold.
Why would today have anything to do with lucina?
Or ridley for that matter. Do people just guess blindly?

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Sorry if this has been posted already, I just had to share it.

Anti-Ridleys in a real life situation. - -Ghetsis- from GameFAQS

Let's name our anti-Ridley guy Bob. Hi Bob!

Bob is off to the library to rent a book, "The Catcher in the Rye". Bob walks up to the librarian and asks if they have the book. The librarian walks him to the section where the copies of that book should be, and, instead of the book, Bob finds...

...boxes of books labeled "Catcher in the Rye". Great, he thought. They have the book, she'll just have to get it from one of those boxes. The librarian says...

"Nope, we don't have it. Sorry. Come back another time."

There are people walking out the door with endless copies of the book, and the librarian was smirking the entire time she was talking. Another lady walks up to the librarian and asks for a copy of the same book, and she hands her one!! Bob thought...

"Welp, that's it. She said they don't have it, there's no possible chance they could have it. Why would she lie to me?"

And then Bob went about his day.

But really, that's how a lot of the people against Ridley's inclusion are acting. They act as if there's simply no chance that Sakurai could be misleading them, even though there is plenty of evidence that suggests Sakurai may be doing just that.
The only difference is that Bob has the decency to mind his own business. He is not running up to the line of sweet, innocent Catcher in the Rye supporters and calling everyone who is waiting for the book delusional because the librarian "heavily implied" that the book was not available.

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
Why would today have anything to do with lucina?
Or ridley for that matter. Do people just guese blindly?
Yeah, people just guess randomly. It's pretty fun.

Aaaaaand *I* thiiiiink, that a character that ISN'T Ridley will be disconfirmed outright today, possibly Metal Face, which'll add more evidence to support Ridley's "direct disconfirmation" argument~!

TheGalaxyKnight

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IRNStudios
When Ridley is announced and 5mash is probably announced in a few more years, shall we support a new Metroid newcomer? I recomend Kraid.

Last edited:

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman
Hey, don't think we all share a hive mind that is based entirely on unironic strawgrasping.

[No offense to @ KingBroly KingBroly ]
I just meant people making these guesses. The lucina one is especially weird because I'd expect her to be a starter or unlocked before marth

Last edited:

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
When Ridley is announced and 5mash is probably announced, shall we support a new Metroid newcomer? I recomend Kraid.
I'll support Dark Samus if this is the case, but won't be bothered if Metroid stays as it is. Samus and Ridley are the two real Metroid mainstays. I see Dark Samus as having more potential than Kraid, is all, even IF it'd put three Samus' on the roster.

Last edited:

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman
Tbh I don't think there's anyone other than ridley who's deserving of a smash spot

Meta_Ridley

Smash Journeyman
When Ridley is announced and 5mash is probably announced in a few more years, shall we support a new Metroid newcomer? I recomend Kraid.
Nah. Metroid deserves Ridley, but not much more. Metroid's already gotten more than the DK series this game, with Mother Brain and Dark Samus as Assist Trophies. If the next two Metroid games do super well, then maybe.

Last edited:

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman
Dark Samus and Sylux. Not necessarily in that order, but they're the ones we'll go for after our Commander gets in.
I'm pretty meh on them and barely anyone has even heard of sylux.

...rundas would be cooler

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Inb4 Sakurai disconfirma Metal Face and destroys another argument against Ridley.

Sakurai do it for us, we love youuuuu.
Well, that's actually fairly probable if Gaur Plain is ever the focus of a pic of the day. And that in itself is also fairly probable due to Shulk's recent reveal and all the details that could be revealed about the stage.

iamresh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
VivillonDoe
3DS FC
1891-1659-0237
after ridley and mewtwo get announced, that will be a perfect roster for me. maybe i might come back to support rundas since i liked that character. K rool wouldnt be bad either. or ghirahim

Last edited:

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
Someone needs to remix the Other M Ridley fight scene with Ridley and Anthony swap roles. I wanna see Ridley point at Anthony and be like "No, YOU GOT NO STYLE!" xD

Aenglaan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aenglaan
3DS FC
0559-8074-9911
Nope. I was pissed off when Dark Samus was only an Assist Trophy, so I think she deserves a spot in the next installment.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Given what Dark Samus is doing as an AT, it's clear that there's a good unique moveset there if it's re-explored. Its final smash could be either sucking up + ko'ing an enemy or turning into Metroid Prime.

Kraid is just too big to be playable.

PeterJude

Smash Ace
Inb4 Sakurai disconfirma Metal Face and destroys another argument against Ridley.

Sakurai do it for us, we love youuuuu.
What we'd need is a massive Metal Face support thread and bombarding him with questions about his moveset on the miiverse, forcing his hand at disconfirming Metal Face directly.

The key is to talk as though he's already confirmed. At a guess I doubt Nintendo even thought anyone wanted Metal Face nor thought he'd be playable, but if that impression can be given, it might force a response of some kind.

Yetiplays

Smash Cadet
If there is a Newcomer Besides Ridley from the Metroid Series there is the order I think they'd be added:
1. Dark Samus(Likely Clone Given Smash's History)
2. Anthony Higgs OR Adam Malcavitch (I doubt we'll get both, But they'd prob have the same moveset anyway)
3. Sylux (He'd get in over The other hunters in my opinion)
4. The Other Hunters
5. Mother Brain (Not in her container, but her like other form)
6. Kraid (This is strething it... ALOT)
7. Some Random ****ing Chozo that we meet in some future installment of metroid
8. ... ... ... Is there anyone else... no... Not anyone likly to be playable that is, actually anyone past 3 is pushing it, maybe besides Mother Brain.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
Given what Dark Samus is doing as an AT, it's clear that there's a good unique moveset there if it's re-explored. Its final smash could be either sucking up + ko'ing an enemy or turning into Metroid Prime.
We knew that just from Echoes and Corruption. :smirk:

Kraid is just too big to be playable.
Mini-Kraid says hi. :grin:

Top Bottom