• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Ridley Wrath = Dragonic Apotheosis............Sounds legit:smirk:
But I must ask, what are those "painful memories" that Ridley is remembering?
Well, what I could really call painful are the memories of his battles and the metamorphosis....for this wierd concept of mine, those memories feel like if he was living them again, so, he can feel the pain....over again.

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725

POTD. No sign of Ridley, so I guess that's a good thing. We've only got two and a half weeks left until the japanese release, so we'll find out our commander's fate soon enough

Poor guy. Such memories must BURN away at his sanity...SEAR his perspective and FUEL new rage. Okay, I'll stop.
I think I made Ridley sound like the almighty Deathwing. That, is a victory for him in my book. :D

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
If we're really making a supporters list, add me to it! I've spent half of my posts here on this thread, and Ridley knows just how much time I've spent here on this thread alone compared to the rest of the site.

I can't help but wonder what's going to happen to the OP if he is confirmed to be playable soon.

Last edited:

Shinru202

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shinryu2
3DS FC
2809-8719-6664
Hm....This might sound weird...would it be possible that Ridley could have "friends" or close allies?
Ridley may appear as an intimidating, ruthless, and proud Space Dragon....but he is intelligent, charismatic and very caring for his subordinates.
(at least from what I read in the Metroid Manga, Ridley rushes back from a mission when he hears that Kraid has been killed).

.....Maybe in a side-story of Metroid.....Ridley would have companions who share his ideals of taking down the Galactic Federation.....and maybe we could see character development in Ridley that we have never seen in the Metroid series.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Hm....This might sound weird...would it be possible that Ridley could have "friends" or close allies?
Ridley may appear as an intimidating, ruthless, and proud Space Dragon....but he is intelligent, charismatic and very caring for his subordinates.
(at least from what I read in the Metroid Manga, Ridley rushes back from a mission when he hears that Kraid has been killed).

.....Maybe in a side-story of Metroid.....Ridley would have companions who share his ideals of taking down the Galactic Federation.....and maybe we could see character development in Ridley that we have never seen in the Metroid series.
Ridley: "I fight for my friends."

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Well, just in case this has not made it here, I figured it would be fun to speculate on. This is from 4chan, just posted by some random new guy in potential roster leak thread.
Not from me, but from a supposed NoA employee. Chose to reveal as little about himself as possible, just because what happened with the recent leaker, which he says is HUGE deal right now. I bolded the big stuff.

"- The leak is legit, which I think is common sense by now.

- There are in fact FOUR characters left to be revealed, three newcomers and one veteran.
Ridley - unlocked by going through classic mode 10 times on any difficulty with Samus or Zero Suit Samus OR win a match on Pyrosphere as Samus or Zero Suit Samus (Wii U)
Isabelle - you unlock her when you summon her assist trophy while playing as Villager OR summon her assist trophy 10 times total
Dixie Kong - unlock her by playing 5 team matches with Diddy Kong as either player OR complete Smash Run as Diddy Kong
Mewtwo - 20 hours total play time in versus mode or 500 total versus mode matches

- Here's how you unlock the other characters shown in the leak.
Bowser Jr. - achieve a high score of 50,000 OR higher is Target blast as Bowser or complete Classic Mode on any intensity
Duck Hunt - get a perfect clear on Target Blast with every character OR play 250 total versus mode matches
Dr. Mario - complete Classic Mode or Smash Run with Mario without losing any continues OR play 100 total versus mode matches
Dark Pit - lose 10 matches (any mode) while playing as Pit OR lose the finale of Smash Run while playing as Pit
Shulk - complete Smash Run on the highest intensity while playing as R.O.B. OR complete classic mode once as each newcomer (rosalina, palutena, robin, lucina, little mac, greninja, villager, wii fit trainer

- Snake is cut, but he and Gray Fox do have trophies

- Isabelle is a Villager clone with a few differences. Her Down Special grows a fruit tree that bears and drops fruit instead of letting you chop it down for instance. Dash Attack she comically trips, letting fly a barrage of papers that stagger but do little damage. Nintendo is pushing to make her and Villager the faces of Animal Crossing, as is further shown with the new MK8 DLC.

- On Ridley. It's a new model, but mostly based on the Other M design but in smaller and in flight. He looks more like a gargoyle or something flying. Side Special is a swoop that passes through opponents and makes him face the opposite direction after it ends. If you use it again back that direction without the ending lag. Down Smash he floats into the air with his tail pointing downward then slams down, implanting anyone hit. Forward Aerial is a flip kind of like Charizard's Neutral Aerial from Brawl. He plays like Wolf, but using the same new always airborne mechanic that Bowser Jr. does. he looks great. hes flying mostly upright, with his arms and legs in a semi-crouched position, tail twitching behind him. hes the stage boss. he just enters in a cut-scene attacking whichever player is "winning" the match and then stays to fight one stock. Sakurai is aware that he is highly requested in the west, thats why he is being treated this way.

- Unless there is future DLC, as of right now, Ice Climbers, Lucas, and Wolf are cut for good.

- Isaac is once again an AT, the same as he was before.

- Details on Duck Hunt's gameplay
The dog runs on all fours with one duck circling above. They take turns performing moves. Up Special the duck starts flapping and leaves the dog behind, he has to jump up and bite onto its feathers to be lifted up. Down Special the dog sniffs the ground and gets an exclamation mark over its head, letting it move faster while running toward the nearest opponent at the time. The effect goes away after a few moments. Side Special the dog rears up on its hind legs and motions with its paw, sending a different duck divebombing forward. It pierces through opponents and flies back. If it hits nothing the duck sticks up in the ground on its beak and has to be recollected to use the move again. Neutral Special a bush sprouts up at the location. Pressing B again lets you hide in it. While hidden a cursor appears letting you fire in a certain radius. If the bush is attacked a few times it disperses and reveals you. You can only have one bush on-stage at a time. Final smash is like the above, but with a much larger radius and firework effects as it ends.

- Mach Rider is a trophy and Impa isn't in the game at all to my knowledge.

- DLC isn't being discussed right now, or if it is, it's being kept very secretly. The plan right now is to worry about DLC after release.

- Hades (basically Tabuu reskin) is the final boss of classic mode on the highest intensity

- Dr. Mario's Final Smash is a slower thinner copy of Mario's and Mewtwo's is Mega Mewtwo Y, just a powered up form like Lucario's Mega Evolution.

- There isn't a Rhythm Heaven rep, no clue why every fake leak seems to be pushing them so much. A Rhythm Heaven character was considered but that was an amalgamation thing and never made it very far. The Sneaky Spirits are in Smash Run because Sakurai wanted more handheld enemies. There are also enemies from Tomato Adventure and For the Frog for Whom the Bell Tolls.

- Dixie is a Diddy clone with a few differences. She uses her hair for a few moves and is a little slower.

- Sakurai doesn't consider any characters clones at all. They are attribute swaps. Easy to make characters that buff up the roster without as much man hours.

- No info on reveal dates, not my department."
Isabelle after MK8 DLC revealed screams a red flag to me, but here ya go.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Eh were getting so many people claiming this and that now. Who knows what's true.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I say this personally: regardless of what any "leak" says, I think Ridley is a playable character. Unless Sakurai personally deconfirms Ridley, I think Ridley is playable, plain and simple.

Last edited:

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
Well, just in case this has not made it here, I figured it would be fun to speculate on. This is from 4chan, just posted by some random new guy in potential roster leak thread.
Not from me, but from a supposed NoA employee. Chose to reveal as little about himself as possible, just because what happened with the recent leaker, which he says is HUGE deal right now. I bolded the big stuff.

- There are in fact FOUR characters left to be revealed, three newcomers and one veteran.
Ridley - unlocked by going through classic mode 10 times on any difficulty with Samus or Zero Suit Samus OR win a match on Pyrosphere as Samus or Zero Suit Samus (Wii U)
Isabelle - you unlock her when you summon her assist trophy while playing as Villager OR summon her assist trophy 10 times total
Dixie Kong - unlock her by playing 5 team matches with Diddy Kong as either player OR complete Smash Run as Diddy Kong
Mewtwo - 20 hours total play time in versus mode or 500 total versus mode matches

Bowser Jr. - achieve a high score of 50,000 OR higher is Target blast as Bowser or complete Classic Mode on any intensity
Duck Hunt - get a perfect clear on Target Blast with every character OR play 250 total versus mode matches
Dr. Mario - complete Classic Mode or Smash Run with Mario without losing any continues OR play 100 total versus mode matches
Dark Pit - lose 10 matches (any mode) while playing as Pit OR lose the finale of Smash Run while playing as Pit
Shulk - complete Smash Run on the highest intensity while playing as R.O.B. OR complete classic mode once as each newcomer (rosalina, palutena, robin, lucina, little mac, greninja, villager, wii fit trainer

- Isabelle is a Villager clone with a few differences. Her Down Special grows a fruit tree that bears and drops fruit instead of letting you chop it down for instance. Dash Attack she comically trips, letting fly a barrage of papers that stagger but do little damage. Nintendo is pushing to make her and Villager the faces of Animal Crossing, as is further shown with the new MK8 DLC.

- On Ridley. It's a new model, but mostly based on the Other M design but in smaller and in flight. He looks more like a gargoyle or something flying. Side Special is a swoop that passes through opponents and makes him face the opposite direction after it ends. If you use it again back that direction without the ending lag. Down Smash he floats into the air with his tail pointing downward then slams down, implanting anyone hit. Forward Aerial is a flip kind of like Charizard's Neutral Aerial from Brawl. He plays like Wolf, but using the same new always airborne mechanic that Bowser Jr. does. he looks great. hes flying mostly upright, with his arms and legs in a semi-crouched position, tail twitching behind him. hes the stage boss. he just enters in a cut-scene attacking whichever player is "winning" the match and then stays to fight one stock. Sakurai is aware that he is highly requested in the west, thats why he is being treated this way.

- Unless there is future DLC, as of right now, Ice Climbers, Lucas, and Wolf are cut for good.

The dog runs on all fours with one duck circling above. They take turns performing moves. Up Special the duck starts flapping and leaves the dog behind, he has to jump up and bite onto its feathers to be lifted up. Down Special the dog sniffs the ground and gets an exclamation mark over its head, letting it move faster while running toward the nearest opponent at the time. The effect goes away after a few moments. Side Special the dog rears up on its hind legs and motions with its paw, sending a different duck divebombing forward. It pierces through opponents and flies back. If it hits nothing the duck sticks up in the ground on its beak and has to be recollected to use the move again. Neutral Special a bush sprouts up at the location. Pressing B again lets you hide in it. While hidden a cursor appears letting you fire in a certain radius. If the bush is attacked a few times it disperses and reveals you. You can only have one bush on-stage at a time. Final smash is like the above, but with a much larger radius and firework effects as it ends.

- DLC isn't being discussed right now, or if it is, it's being kept very secretly. The plan right now is to worry about DLC after release.

- Hades (basically Tabuu reskin) is the final boss of classic mode on the highest intensity

- Dr. Mario's Final Smash is a slower thinner copy of Mario's and Mewtwo's is Mega Mewtwo Y, just a powered up form like Lucario's Mega Evolution.

- There isn't a Rhythm Heaven rep, no clue why every fake leak seems to be pushing them so much. A Rhythm Heaven character was considered but that was an amalgamation thing and never made it very far. The Sneaky Spirits are in Smash Run because Sakurai wanted more handheld enemies. There are also enemies from Tomato Adventure and For the Frog for Whom the Bell Tolls.

- Dixie is a Diddy clone with a few differences. She uses her hair for a few moves and is a little slower.

- Sakurai doesn't consider any characters clones at all. They are attribute swaps. Easy to make characters that buff up the roster without as much man hours.

Isn't she a confirmed assist trophy, and such, that is fake?

Eh were getting so many people claiming this and that now. Who knows what's true.
Exactly, we should just ignore a lot of the "leaks" and wait to see Ridleys fate from the man himself, or the official release.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
We really don't have much longer to wait. But boy is it going to be a painful wait.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Isn't she a confirmed assist trophy, and such, that is fake?

Exactly, we should just ignore a lot of the "leaks" and wait to see Ridleys fate from the man himself, or the official release.
The leak states that after Isabelle is encountered as an AT she is unlocked as playable. But honestly its probably just the case that she was included due to being MK8 DLC. Either way, it states that Ridley is playable, but I still don't buy it.

I could see that happening with Ridley, though. It states that Ridley has an always flight mechanic similar to Bowser Jr. (actually, that disproves the leak IMO; Bowser Jr. ISN'T always flying, he's on the ground and the Koopa Kid Klown Kar jumps) and has some similar specials to Wolf. He also stated that Ridley is a stage boss, but is playable as well. Ridley will sometimes appear and attack the winning character, but playing the Pyrosphere with Samus or ZSS and winning the match will unlock Ridley (only on Wii U obviously).

I could see something similar happening, but I think the leak is blatantly wrong and once again we shouldn't bother talking about the leak. Besides which, Ridley has enough going for him on his own.

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
Please add me to the list of supporters :)

Ridley go!
Now I have this weird image in my head of the Teen Titans intro, only with Ridley and Mewtwo. XD

Also, what is this list everyone keeps mentioning, and where is it?

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
I apologized if this sounds in any way like treason, but I've made my vote in the Project M clone engine thread as a back-up plan in case Ridley is disconfirmed, I'll be honest, I feel more at ease knowing that I've helped in securing his role as playable, no matter what. You can look at my vote wishlist here. http://smashboards.com/threads/clon...ting-more-votes.341479/page-479#post-17402631

I would feel better if you also participated so that our chance of losing is 0% for sure!
i will never involve myself in project M, even for some fan-made version of ridley.

i just dont care much for non-official stuff.

i have pretty much made up my mind, if ridley is not in this game... i may actually skip out on it, if the... forbidden subject... is true.

besides, isnt project M a PC-only thing? im a console gamer... so who cares about it?

...also, where is that supporter list people were talking about?

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Good morning everyone, support list needs to include me at least trice, PotD didn't have Ridley in it. And thus, the wait goes on and on. I really wonder when Nintendo is going to reveal that Direct/trailer. You said you had a couple left!

Also, sigh. Leak in spoilrs, comments in purple:

Not from me, but from a supposed NoA employee. Chose to reveal as little about himself as possible, just because what happened with the recent leaker, which he says is HUGE deal right now. I bolded the big stuff. yea i can understand

"- The leak is legit, which I think is common sense by now. its amazing how some people still think its a brawlhack or something
i mean come on, we are the delusional ones not you

Ridley
- unlocked by going through classic mode 10 times on any difficulty with Samus or Zero Suit Samus OR win a match on Pyrosphere as Samus or Zero Suit Samus (Wii U)
first unlock thing is a bit weird, but then i realized classic mode has more replayability and is supposed to be played repeatedly
second one is...way too easy actually
hello there oddball character
what is it with these easy unlocks
hell no

funnily enough, the easy unlocks (save for mister m2, those poor sods will have to grind ahaha) pretty much go in line with what has been said about challenges today, as they are apparently easier than what the wii u version will offer

Bowser Jr.
- achieve a high score of 50,000 OR higher is Target blast as Bowser or complete Classic Mode on any intensity
sounds good
oh god this is going to hurt isnt it
smash run has no continues? what is this
heyyy thats a cool one
why is smash run being classic mode
this is not how smash run works if i recall correctly
the tears will not be mine
a pity because im thirsty right now
id take it
thats pretty cool actually, but why does he have this always flying mode along the ground when in the direct he clearly floated much further up in the air
then again it makes so much more sense if the footage was set up, but i dont have enough tinfoil for that

rip
rip
downb is suicide run with no reward
duck mechanic is pretty cool
upb is the best
seems okay to me
agrees with what we know about the pottymouthed leaker
seems very nintendo and very obvious
people will whine about overrepresentation but sod off
hades should flat out be in every game somehow whether floating about in a sexy pose or just snarking about whatever
1. how does that even work with pills why didnt they show esbr that its obv drugs dude
2. surprise surprise

conflicts with the post-ninka leak or pre-ninka leak or whatever
not sure if it means anything

yea ok
who caaaaaaaares (its true tho, theyre just alt versions that might appeal to different playstyle people idk)
is k

what does this mean for ridley? not much i guess its just another leak
the way it meshes with todays potd is great, the smash run inconsistencies are not
What do you guys think about permagroundflight-Ridley?

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I wonder if Ridley will make it into Mario Kart 8 now that he's in Smash Bros.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
I call fake for constantly airborne, not even Bowser Jr has that, and was stated to have such
I still don't know whether BowJr floats over the ground, or use the propeller blades to waddle around. It's probably fake yeah, but it's a nice fake.

I wonder if Ridley will make it into Mario Kart 8 now that he's in Smash Bros.
I'll be buying a few spare sides, just in case.

Smashfan08

Smash Rookie
Bowser Jr. IS airborne. He is extremely close to the ground, and his propeller rotates at a moderately slow speed. So given the video quality, it's easy to assume he's on the ground. Even harder to tell because he's getting WRECKED most of the match. But closer inspection will reveal otherwise.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Whether or not Bowser Jr. is airborne doesn't matter. His inclusion shows that Sakurai doesn't think that a character constantly being shown as airborne in his source material is a reason for exclusion. Which is good news for Ridley (even though Ridley CAN walk.)

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Ridley in Mario Kart? How about Hyrule Warriors?
stop it youre making me drooool
aaah~

Bowser Jr. IS airborne. He is extremely close to the ground, and his propeller rotates at a moderately slow speed. So given the video quality, it's easy to assume he's on the ground. Even harder to tell because he's getting WRECKED most of the match. But closer inspection will reveal otherwise.
Thanks for the clarification. I expect Ridley's feet to be a few inches above the ground, just a few, if this is really what Ridley will be.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

Ridley comes off as someone who doesn't really live outside of his missions to me, especially in the manga, it's all about running the Space Pirates and conquering as much as possible. I don't really think Ridley needs character development either to be honest, for the most part he's mostly a character for Samus to ping pong off of.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
So that one leak has something to say on flying characters.
leaker dude said:
they actually have some little intricacies like less "bounce" when knocked onto the ground and more resistance to knockback at the higher percentages. Their hitbox also makes them immune to quite a few characters down tilt, Mr Game & Watch for example.
Could someone check the footage and see if this might be true? I don't have the video.

Last edited:

Dracandros

Smash Cadet
"Leaks" aside, it's important to keep in mind that we haven't even seen a single image of Ridley, not a single image of a Ridley trophy, not a single image of any potential stage hazard for Pyrosphere at least as far I can remember...all while making sure that the other Metroid ATs are clearly defined.

Some of the teases don't make logical sense if Ridley is just one stage hazard in the game. He could be a Classic Mode boss and be a Meta Ridley Wii U mode boss that has a jackhammer for an arm for all we know (please don't hurt me because I said that). I have no idea what we are in store for, but it is clearly something more than a stage hazard and we can only speculate since we've been surprised at every turn.

Don't be concerned if leak X or leak Y is confirmed fake - chances are good that nobody knows who the last characters are or even how they will be obtained. This said, I really do not think that we have 12 characters left to see total and I think Ridley's chances are still pretty high. Square pegs don't fit in round holes.

I also want a Ridley Amiibo so I win. There.

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
So, to sum up the leaker's claims.
-Ridley is playable, he floats and stuff
-Ridley appears as a boss on Pyrosphere.
-Cutscene attacks the winning player, if there are less than 4 players around and no Ridley being played he will become a cpu fighter for one stock.
-Final smash has him grab an opponent and breathe fire or something then crashes down.

If we were to judge the leak solely based on Ridley, it's fake because the final smash is implied to only hit one opponent.

Can I ask do you have a art gallery somewhere online? You're one step away from getting a watcher. :)
Oh, nop. Not yet, at least. I'll put it on my list of things to procrastinate do.

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
So, to sum up the leaker's claims.
-Ridley is playable, he floats and stuff
-Ridley appears as a boss on Pyrosphere.
-Cutscene attacks the winning player, if there are less than 4 players around and no Ridley being played he will become a cpu fighter for one stock.
-Final smash has him grab an opponent and breathe fire or something then crashes down.

If we were to judge the leak solely based on Ridley, it's fake because the final smash is implied to only hit one opponent.
Why would Ridley only hitting one opponent is fake ?
There are characters suck as Link who attack only one character too. And I suppose (IF real) when he crashes down, he hits all the characters close to him.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Why would Ridley only hitting one opponent is fake ?
There are characters suck as Link who attack only one character too. And I suppose (IF real) when he crashes down, he hits all the characters close to him.
Oh. Huh, fair enough. The "leak" does still have its inconsistencies though, so I'm not putting my hopes into it. Or at least, trying.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859

Well, I really like the leak because it has Ridley in it. I doubt it's credibility because it was posted to 4chan. I don't think there's much else to be said about it xD.

Except this, maybe.

What do you guys think about permagroundflight-Ridley?

I wouldn't mind it, but I think it's be more interesting to have him toggle it in some way, honestly. I'd really have to see it to properly judge it, but it does sound interesting.

Last edited:

Ike the Killer

Smash Cadet
Ridley floating all the time "while being on the ground" wouldnt be a crazy idea anyways, but there are some things in the leak I dont believe, for example his way to "become hazzard-playable" is weird as hell (I knew it would be possible for him to be both things, but NOT THIS WAY)

Anyways embrace yourselves brothers and sisters, Ridley is coming from the skies and will tear all his enemies apart, we are chosen by him and we will go to the sacred land aka S Tier, because Ridley definetely will be S Tier, at least in the tier I plan to invent (?)

*Insert ptereodactyl scream here*!

Let the blooshed begin

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
The fact that a playable Duck Hunt Dog is included in this leak immediately has me suspicious.

Duck Hunt... VERSUS... Ridley...
Duck Hunt (not only the dog, but a duck as well) is already confirmed (by a leak) to be playable in the new Smash Bros.

Top Bottom