• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I don't even know why I even bother reading that thread. All people seem to be doing at the moment is hoping for characters to get dis-confirmed. What kind of horrible person wants a character dis-confirmed and have its fan base to suffer... it's just immature and ridiculous behaviour. I dislike Waluigi, but I wouldn't laugh at the Waluigi fanbase because he was dis-confirmed, because it's uncalled for and wrong. On SmashGAF, it seems like there is only a small number that want Ridley, some don't mind (and perhaps are interested a little bit in what he'd play like) / don't care, but the rest are the usual ignorant type who bash those on other boards (including Miiverse and Smashboards) for no reason and want characters dis-confirmed, because it's "oh so hilarious" attitude ._.

Both are in Hyrule Warriors and both are equally popular, so it's possible. If she is chosen as a playable character over Ghirahim, I hope that he isn't a Sheik clone.

I like both Ghirahim and Impa, so I wouldn't mind who got in.
I've never laughed at laughed at a character decomformation. Except for Chrom's. That was freaking hilarious.

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
I absolutely despise Rosalina and think she should take a hike(I'd rather have WFT over her), but you don't see me going around bad mouthing her. I know I'm gonna sound like what the average detractors view as then"stereotypical b****y Ridley fan", but when other characters are deconfirmed, nobody bats an eye. The moment you even bring up Ridley it's like, "HAHA NEVER GUNNA BE PLAYABLE GG MASHPOTATO SAKURAI."

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Chrom's deconfirmation made me laugh a lot too. xDD Just how Sakurai set it up, poor guy was literally kicked to the ground. xD
It should have had Robin telling him that there are better places to take a nap than on the ground. And then fly off with Lucina.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Anyone else predict when the other direct this month is gonna be? I already have mine on the last page
I have a feeling we're getting it on the the 6th because the Tomodachi Life direct was on the 10th and the Sm4sh direct that caused crashboards was on the 8th. That is a 2 day difference. Oh my gosh, a direct on the 6th O_O.
And if we look at history, when there was a game exclusive direct, there usually wasn't a general direct that same month, but rather another game exclusive.
I predict the 6th-8th.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I absolutely despise Rosalina and think she should take a hike(I'd rather have WFT over her), but you don't see me going around bad mouthing her. I know I'm gonna sound like what the average detractors view as then"stereotypical b****y Ridley fan", but when other characters are deconfirmed, nobody bats an eye. The moment you even bring up Ridley it's like, "HAHA NEVER GUNNA BE PLAYABLE GG MASHPOTATO SAMURAI."
Fixed.
That kind of thing will cease to exist only after Ridley`s confirmation...and will be replaced by "He looks stupid!", "Ridley got in over Sylux?! PREORDER F***ING CANCELED!" and "That is a waste of a slot. He shouldn`t have got in before X." Kinda like what happened to Lucina, Rosalina and Greninja (not that much, but there is something like that), but worse.
Chrom's deconfirmation made me laugh a lot too. xDD Just how Sakurai set it up, poor guy was literally kicked to the ground. xD
  1. He was FALCON...PUNCH!-ed, not kicked. Captain Falcon is so disappointed by you.
  2. It is not a very good thing, you know, its like that time when i said that i hate Toad and posted a comic with Toad Pizza and Ridley...

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Fixed.
That kind of thing will cease to exist only after Ridley`s confirmation...and will be replaced by "He looks stupid!", "Ridley got in over Sylux?! PREORDER F***ING CANCELED!" and "That is a waste of a slot. He shouldn`t have got in before X." Kinda like what happened to Lucina, Rosalina and Greninja (not that much, but there is something like that), but worse.

1. He was FALCON...PUNCH!-ed, not kicked. Captain Falcon is so disappointed by you.
  2. It is not a very good thing, you know, its like that time when i said that i hate Toad and posted a comic with Toad Pizza and Ridley...
I love how people are bashing newcomers for getting over characters that had a chance.

Ridles the Space Pirate

Smash Journeyman
Fixed.
Sylux.:joyful: That's a good one. I like Sylux, but Dark Samus is next in line. But no villains should get in before the main antagonist.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
the problem is that most detractors don't listen to possible evidence, of you told me Waluigi would be playable because he is popular, I would tell them to see if anything hints at him, If someone told me about Chrom, although I dispiced the thought him being playable, I would at least recognize the 4 trophies, and Pac-man had Namco references with the S flag ans stuff, I actually thought "huh, he actually has a chance, what do you know" I didn't go L01 PCMN W1L N3VER BE PLAYABLE, Ridley is once again, the only exception

iiPandie

Smash Rookie
Fixed.

Sorry Captain. xD Would you like a hypnotization to pay up for it? c;

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Sorry Captain. xD Would you like a hypnotization to pay up for it? c;
Only if it is MANLY enough and has FALCON in its name. Oh, and it must make someone`s head explode, with user of that thing shouting "YES!". Otherwise, he is even more disappointed.

Last edited:

iiPandie

Smash Rookie
Only if it is MANLY enough and has FALCON in its name. Oh, and it must make someone`s head explode, with user of that thing shouting "YES!". Otherwise, he is even more disappointed.
How about Chrom's head? LOL xDD Okay I'm done with making fun of poor Chrom. And yes, it does have manly and falcon in the name and you shout YES while using it...and seeing Chrom's head in fireworks. :laugh:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
How about Chrom's head? LOL xDD Okay I'm done with making fun of poor Chrom. And yes, it does have manly and falcon in the name and you shout YES while using it...and seeing Chrom's head in fireworks. :laugh:
Can I know how Robin and Lucina react?

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Um.....shouldn't we get back to Ridley before something bad happens???? o___o

EDIT: nevermind...back to draw....

Last edited:

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Well, consider THIS logic.
It's been theorized that the song "Ballad of the Goddess" is somehow related to Zelda's Lullaby. The two songs sound very similar, right? It's possible they're even the same song, modified after thousands of generations. One of the few everlasting pieces of music, especially in the Zelda series.'
Guess who was the person to first teach you Zelda's Lullaby?
Impa.
Impa would confirm Ridley about as much as Ghirahim, and she seems like a better option to me.
My problem with this is: Impa has a 70%+ chance to simply be a sheik clone, and could very well be a Shiek alt. costume. Impa taught Zleda as Shiek all the tricks so her moveset is likely to be similar. Also Impa's character when she was first shwon in Skyward Sword was pissing me off so much i would have laughed if she had been killed by Ghirahim or Demise at some point.

Anyway, please be Ghirahim... And make him pair up with Ridley for some massive destruction of the LinkxSamus shipping!

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Then...
It is...

FALCON...APPROVED!
...oh, and it is...

RIDLEY APPROVED!

Last edited:

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
I don't blame the average detractor that says "Ridley would look stupid", or "Ridley would look weird." Pre-Pac-man, I DESPISED the idea of him being included on the basis that I thought his Ghostly Adventure design would be used. That's the thing about 99% of the Smash community. Until they SEE something happen, they'll state it as an impossibility on the basis that they simply don't like it. Now that I've SEEN how they made Pac-man, I'm glad that he is joining the fray. We have to remember, many people are biased in who they want and who they don't want. Nobody from North America would have wanted Marth or Roy, simply because they had no idea who they are(And yes I'm sure some people wanted him, but not a lot. Also, I know Marth/Roy are very different than Ridley). Much of this community are children. So when they see people say "Something would be OP", or "Something would be too big", they'll most likely believe it. I'm 100% confident when Ridley is shown to be perfectly designed, people will side with him as being a cool character that they will use. When he is confirmed, I'm not gonna be like most of the hardcore-Ridley fans on the FB Smash Group(or Miiverse for that matter), and I hope no one will. Although we are blood-thirsty, destructive, parent killing space pirates, I think we should show them some class when it comes to that (I'm confident the people on this forum will, but again I DOUBT MIIVERSE AND FB WILL BE QUIET.)

Top Bottom