• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Sorry, but that image does nothing but convince me you need to change avatar.
B-but I just changed my avatar last night! And besides, it wouldn't look right at all in an avatar format.

:urg:

EDIT: On a second thought, if Ridley is confirmed this month, I will change my avatar of Robin to that picture I posted. You have my word.

Last edited:

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
Fi (Legend of Zelda series) = Possibly Ghirahim (Due to Fi being from LoZ: Skyward Sword, and Ballad of the Goddess Arranged[?] theme played supposedly includes part of Ghirahim's theme) - to be confirmed.
Well, consider THIS logic.
It's been theorized that the song "Ballad of the Goddess" is somehow related to Zelda's Lullaby. The two songs sound very similar, right? It's possible they're even the same song, modified after thousands of generations. One of the few everlasting pieces of music, especially in the Zelda series.'
Guess who was the person to first teach you Zelda's Lullaby?
Impa.
Impa would confirm Ridley about as much as Ghirahim, and she seems like a better option to me.

Last edited:

TrueDarkAce

Smash Cadet
It's been theorized that the song "Ballad of the Goddess" is somehow related to Zelda's Lullaby. The two songs sound very similar, right? It's possible they're even the same song, modified after thousands of generations. One of the few everlasting pieces of music, especially in the Zelda series.'
Impa.
Impa would confirm Ridley about as much as Ghirahim, and she seems like a better option to me.

Well if you play it backwards it is zelda's lullaby

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
Impa.
Impa confirmed captain falcon clone.

Though seriously, haven't the trophy's had some defining thing that they did in the game? Like how Lucina and Robin can both support tiki (this one is pretty broad), how Pseudo Palutena is a faulty carbon copy of Palutena, how Ghirahim is a "sword robot" just like Fi somewhat acting as her opposite, and how Ridley ate Ki Hunters as sustenance when he was still Birdie. I don't remember impact interacting with Fi in a special way, but I could just be stupid.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Finished my Comic Workshop drawing! I'm incredibly pleased with how this turned out. I took some liberties in some areas because I didn't always have a reference but I think I did well.

Dude that's awesome. Good detail on the face. Wish I could say I was as good as you. But I'm practicing more.

avgjoe

Smash Cadet
Double Post Warning Received
No, we couldn't get kirby away from it, Kirby is more psychotic than Ridley, Ridley murders to achieve goals and have fun, Kirby murders and gets rid of more than half of the planet's popuation for a slice of cake
Kirby doesn't just kill people. He usually eats them! Guy is craz-E!

Impa.
just incase you didn't know, if you play the ballad of the goddess backwards it sounds exactly like zelda's lullaby! it's pretty awesome. there's videos on youtube.
EDIT: greninja'd

Last edited by a moderator:

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
...And I didn't even need to make that strenuous of a connection. You learn the Ballad of the Goddess from Impa as well.
You learn both the Ballad of the Goddess and Zelda's Lullaby from Impa.
...I'm going to post about this on the Impa thread.

Edit:
Impa confirmed captain falcon clone.

Though seriously, haven't the trophy's had some defining thing that they did in the game? Like how Lucina and Robin can both support tiki (this one is pretty broad), how Pseudo Palutena is a faulty carbon copy of Palutena, how Ghirahim is a "sword robot" just like Fi somewhat acting as her opposite, and how Ridley ate Ki Hunters as sustenance when he was still Birdie. I don't remember impact interacting with Fi in a special way, but I could just be stupid.
*sigh*
Ghrahim is a one-shot character who honestly shouldn't be in Smash. And, alas, Ghirahim is not anything resembling a sword robot when it comes to the game. He's more of a servant to Demise. Like Impa is to Zelda... And Fi is to Link..
Edit 2: Damn it.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
...And I didn't even need to make that strenuous of a connection. You learn the Ballad of the Goddess from Impa as well.

Edit:
*sigh*
Ghrahim is a one-shot character who honestly shouldn't be in Smash. And, alas, Ghirahim is not anything resembling a sword robot when it comes to the game. He's more of a servant to Demise. Like Impa is to Zelda... And Fi is to Link.
The reason I think it's Ghirahim is because not only is he parralel to Fi but his theme is remixed in ballad of the goddess, we should get back to Ridley before IsmaR gets mad

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Finished my Comic Workshop drawing! I'm incredibly pleased with how this turned out. I took some liberties in some areas because I didn't always have a reference but I think I did well.

Someone, please, add colors for this image, through something like photoshop or whatever you want...it is great...

I made that recently...looks like im running out of ideas what to do:

Mewtwo: Um...congratulations! You finally got a role of a playable character! *notices something behind*
Ridley: Shhhhh...
Roidley: Oh..um...thanks, i hope you will get it too.
Mewtwo: By the way, is your brother okay with that you got role he failed to get 3 times?
Roidley: Yes, why are you asking?
Mewtwo: Are you sure? When he got role of a boss during Brawl`s development, he got so mad he killed Roy and Pichu and nearly killed Ganondorf. He did not fully recovered yet after that...poor guy became the worst in the tier list because of your brother.
Roidley: Well, i dunno why he was so calm then...he was smiling after hearing that and after i left the room, i heard something explode...is there something behind me?
Ridley: *raises the hammer* Stay still...
Mewtwo: Um...No...i have to go now...good luck with that role...
Bowser: This is gonna be fun!

I have one more image, but it is not as good as previous one:

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Happy Metroid month guys. It's also my birth month. May Ridley appear in my cake like one of those cheesy cartoon birthdays with the guy in the cake.

avgjoe

Smash Cadet

Edit:
*sigh*
Ghrahim is a one-shot character who honestly shouldn't be in Smash. And, alas, Ghirahim is not anything resembling a sword robot when it comes to the game. He's more of a servant to Demise. Like Impa is to Zelda... And Fi is to Link.
to be fair, Ghirahim hasn't had the chance to appear in another game just yet, so we can't say for sure that he's a one-shot character. He most likely will be though.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Happy Metroid month guys. It's also my birth month. May Ridley appear in my cake like one of those cheesy cartoon birthdays with the guy in the cake.
Then you have a very BIG cake. Otherwise, he is too big to fit in. At least it will be worth looking at...until he will kill someone...

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Only 30 more pics of the day untill Ridley's fate is sealed. Let's hope he's announced before then.

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
Edit:
*sigh*
Ghrahim is a one-shot character who honestly shouldn't be in Smash. And, alas, Ghirahim is not anything resembling a sword robot when it comes to the game. He's more of a servant to Demise. Like Impa is to Zelda... And Fi is to Link..
Edit 2: Damn it.
Ghirahim is probably one of the only newcomers I don't want to be honest with you, but f this trophy quiz theory is correct then it's almost undoubtably him, I'd love to impa triumph supreme in the way of new Zelda rep, but it really seems bleak right now.

I'd also like to see Ridley make it into the game right?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I honestly wonder if I'm the only person who wouldn't mind Meta Ridley over his flesh counterpart as a playable fighter.
Just think about it for a second.
A SUPER-HEAVY WEIGHT...
...THAT CAN FLY.
If that isn't unique I dunno what is.
(Apart from R.O.B., but he isn't all that heavy.)

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I honestly wonder if I'm the only person who wouldn't mind Meta Ridley over his flesh counterpart as a playable fighter.
Just think about it for a second.
A SUPER-HEAVY WEIGHT...
...THAT CAN FLY.
If that isn't unique I dunno what is.
(Apart from R.O.B., but he isn't all that heavy.)
It would be Supreme God tier then...or at least Top tier...just look at Meta Knigh, light weight flying guy and then replace "light weight" with "super heavy weight"...

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I'm just gonna use a little math here.
Lesse...
averagedirectisbeforefirst15days,delayabitforhyrulewarriorsdirectonthefourth,usuallybefore25th...
THE EIGHTEENTH.
THE DIRECT IS ON MONDAY THE EIGHTEENTH.
Of course, but this is all speculation.

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
Regarding the trophy quiz, part of me wants it to be false because I have the sinking feeling that Ganondorf is gonna be replaced by Ghiriham(Doesn't deserve it over him in the slightest). At this point(for me personally), I could disregard the trophy quiz assumption and still have enough evidence to look at (which gets better each day that we don't even see/hear ridley) and say he's 105% confirmed in my books. Again, Aug 12th(?) is the Corocoro Magazine date, which is pretty much the day of confirmation. Thinking however, I have a feeling we might have a direct before the 12th. Putting a giant space dragon in a magazine for smash brothers by itself could generate some hype and since it's a Japanese magazine, maybe it could boost Ridley's popularity ever so slightly in Japan before the game ever comes out.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Regarding the trophy quiz, part of me wants it to be false because I have the sinking feeling that Ganondorf is gonna be replaced by Ghiriham(Doesn't deserve it over him in the slightest).
Will Bowser get replaced by Fawful in SSB4 or SSB5? No. Will Ganondorf be replaced by a one-shot guy? No. Why? They are a lot more older and important to the franchise and it would be illogical to do something like that. Its like replacing Luigi with Waluigi, Peach with Daisy, Mario with Paper Mario, Samus with Sylux, Link with Tetra and Zelda with Impa. You won`t have to worry about that unless Ghirahim will get more games than Ganondorf and will always be the main antagonist. Then that would be a very bad thing.

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I have a feeling we're getting it on the the 6th because the Tomodachi Life direct was on the 10th and the Sm4sh direct that caused crashboards was on the 8th. That is a 2 day difference. Oh my gosh, a direct on the 6th O_O.
And if we look at history, when there was a game exclusive direct, there usually wasn't a general direct that same month, but rather another game exclusive.

Last edited:

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
Regarding the trophy quiz, part of me wants it to be false because I have the sinking feeling that Ganondorf is gonna be replaced by Ghiriham(Doesn't deserve it over him in the slightest). At this point(for me personally), I could disregard the trophy quiz assumption and still have enough evidence to look at (which gets better each day that we don't even see/hear ridley) and say he's 105% confirmed in my books. Again, Aug 12th(?) is the Corocoro Magazine date, which is pretty much the day of confirmation. Thinking however, I have a feeling we might have a direct before the 12th. Putting a giant space dragon in a magazine for smash brothers by itself could generate some hype and since it's a Japanese magazine, maybe it could boost Ridley's popularity ever so slightly in Japan before the game ever comes out.
If it makes you feel better, ganondorf is Sakurai's main. So he's probably not leaving

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
They would never cut Ganondorf.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
SmashGAF is embarrassing.
I don't even know why I even bother reading that thread. All people seem to be doing at the moment is hoping for characters to get dis-confirmed. What kind of horrible person wants a character dis-confirmed and have its fan base to suffer... it's just immature and ridiculous behaviour. I dislike Waluigi, but I wouldn't laugh at the Waluigi fanbase because he was dis-confirmed, because it's uncalled for and wrong. On SmashGAF, it seems like there is only a small number that want Ridley, some don't mind (and perhaps are interested a little bit in what he'd play like) / don't care, but the rest are the usual ignorant type who bash those on other boards (including Miiverse and Smashboards) for no reason and want characters dis-confirmed, because it's "oh so hilarious" attitude ._.

Oh, and the fact that people in the thread said Ridley "isn't on the same level as Ganon or Bowser" is silly. I mean, Ridley has been featured in that eshop Villains takeover with those two, and he's often used to represent the Metroid series, both in Metroid games and in non-Metroid games (NES Remix 2, Nintendo Land, etc). He may not be the final boss in games, but he's still alot more iconic than those that are.

Impa.
Both are in Hyrule Warriors and both are equally popular, so it's possible. If she is chosen as a playable character over Ghirahim, I hope that she isn't a Sheik clone.

I like both Ghirahim and Impa, so I wouldn't mind who got in.

Last edited:
Top Bottom