• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Xenorange

Smash Lord
Holy crap guys I just realized something, Ridley was revealed in the April direct. April fools Month!!

Sakurai: April fools noobs! He was playable this whole time!

Or Sakurai was just screwing with us without any real relation to it being April. Who knows XD.

RidleyDX

Smash Ace
Here it is, Roidley haters and don`t-likers:

Longer legs, beak bent down, darker color, orange eyes, fitting size, fitting stage with lightning applied, Samus, but no Ridley`s theme because it is, unfortunately, impossible to include in this image. I think i made his legs too lo- *looks at the SM Ridley model* Nope, everything is right. I hope THIS is at least close to how he looks in Sm4sh as a playable character. If he is not playable, then i don`t care about the design at all - i like any kind of Ridley unless its pre-Super Metroid Ridley (concept art Metroid 1 Ridley, Captain N Ridley, etc).
Also, i recently saw March`s Direct...now i don`t think that bosses are pathetic and i actually want to see other bosses unless one of them is Ridley. And other parts of the Direct were awesome.
And judjing by the signature of one of the users, Screen KO looks funny in this game, but i would like it more if it would be a little bit longer at the end, after fighter slams into the screen. Now i want to see how it would look like with Ridley...

CheeseBroJoe

Smash Cadet
Metroid's anniversary is my birthday :awesome: Ridley released in a direct would be a decent gift from Sakurai if I do say so myself.

D

Deleted member

Ridley should use hats instead of palette swaps, aside from the obligatory pirate hat, a party hat is a must
Btw, I think its thanks to this thread that when I play as him, I'll think with him having a more light hearted personality(and not the blood thirsthy dragon that he is)

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
RIDLEY
torches the competition!

RIDLEY
descends to wreck havoc!

RIDLEY
joins the frey as a Stage Hazard!

RIDLEY
shrinks into action!

RIDLEY
replaces Tom Hanks in Big!

These are fun to make~

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
Likely won't happen, but I wonder if a Chozo would be a possible playable character as a Metroid Rep. if they didn't go with Ridley

Last edited:

Tungsten

Smash Rookie
Likely won't happen, but I wonder if a Chozo would be a possible playable character as a Metroid Rep. if they didn't go with Ridley

The chozo didnt even get a single mention in other m. and seeing how a living one was never encountered in metroid i dont think its even possible. A torizo would make a cool stage hazard though

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Here it is, Roidley haters and don`t-likers:

Longer legs, beak bent down, darker color, orange eyes, fitting size, fitting stage with lightning applied, Samus, but no Ridley`s theme because it is, unfortunately, impossible to include in this image. I think i made his legs too lo- *looks at the SM Ridley model* Nope, everything is right. I hope THIS is at least close to how he looks in Sm4sh as a playable character. If he is not playable, then i don`t care about the design at all - i like any kind of Ridley unless its pre-Super Metroid Ridley (concept art Metroid 1 Ridley, Captain N Ridley, etc).
Also, i recently saw March`s Direct...now i don`t think that bosses are pathetic and i actually want to see other bosses unless one of them is Ridley. And other parts of the Direct were awesome.
And judjing by the signature of one of the users, Screen KO looks funny in this game, but i would like it more if it would be a little bit longer at the end, after fighter slams into the screen. Now i want to see how it would look like with Ridley...
Z2A571_0D9611238187E_000.gif

Roidley: "OOOHH! I LOOK SO AWESOME!"

Ridley: "Yeah, you WISH you looked like that, but in actuality, you don't, so keep dreaming, you useless faker."

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I wonder what Ridleys taunts would be like? Whether or not they keep him like a monster or delve into his true personality, hopefully its the latter.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
I wonder what Ridleys taunts would be like? Whether or not they keep him like a monster or delve into his true personality, hopefully its the latter.
Idle Animations - Glances around the Surroundings, flaps his wings a bit and wiggles his tail

Taunts:
^ Reaches Up and admires his own claws in the light
- Yawns, this NOT-FIGHTING you're doing is boring
v Brings out THE BABY Metroid and gives it a quizzical look, because why would Roidly have this

D

Deleted member

Idle Animations - Glances around the Surroundings, flaps his wings a bit and wiggles his tail

Taunts:
^ Reaches Up and admires his own claws in the light
- Yawns, this NOT-FIGHTING you're doing is boring
v Brings out THE BABY Metroid and gives it a quizzical look, because why would Roidly have this
Inb4 Ridley actually takes out Cardboard Cutouts of Samus, Adam Malkovich, and Anthony Higgs and rips them to shreds or stabs them with his tail for his up, down, and side taunts, respectively.

Last edited by a moderator:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Inb4 Ridley actually takes out Cardboard Models of Samus, Adam Malkovich, and Anthony Higgs and rips them to shreds or stabs them with his tail for his up, down, and side taunt respectively.
No wonder Snake didn't come back, Ridley killed him and took his infinite supply of cardboard for that.

D

Deleted member

Looking at Bowsers size next to Samus here.

http://youtu.be/OD_ZnB8yJuA?t=12s

How would you guys feel if Ridley was the same size?
I wouldn't want it any other way, personally.

This also brings to mind that one picture that I think you posted a few hundred pages ago:

Although frankly I think Ridley should be smaller than his size above. (equal with Bowser's height at maximum ideally for me).

Top Bottom