• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Nintendicted

Smash Cadet
Good afternoon, fellow supporters! I am here to share in the celebration of Ridley for smash (I don't actually talk formal like this)! I have been following this thread for a while, like almost exactly 200 pages, and I decided to make an account and share my opinions and stuff. (Ignore the post I made a long time ago. That didn't happen. Don't talk about it. Shut up.)

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Good afternoon, fellow supporters! I am here to share in the celebration of Ridley for smash (I don't actually talk formal like this)! I have been following this thread for a while, like almost exactly 200 pages, and I decided to make an account and share my opinions and stuff. (Ignore the post I made a long time ago. That didn't happen. Don't talk about it. Shut up.)
Welcome to the board, Nintendicted! You've joined at a rocky time, but we're always welcoming to new supporters. Cookies and ice cream are in the corner to the right, and a jacuzzi is currently being installed.

*cough*

Nintendicted

Smash Cadet
Welcome to the board, Nintendicted! You've joined at a rocky time, but we're always welcoming to new supporters. Cookies and ice cream are in the corner to the right, and a jacuzzi is currently being installed.

*cough*
It's always a rocky time on this thread. I've learned this by now. What kind of cookies?

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859

*cough*
There's something fishy about this jacuzzi installation dragon. It's almost like I've seen him somewhere before

nahh, probably not.

It's always a rocky time on this thread. I've learned this by now. What kind of cookies?
they're gluten free

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I can see Sakurai making his legs longer, if he Thinks the Other M Ridley looks too silly with the short legs and long arms. He did re-design the Other M Samus a Little, so I expect the same for Ridley.

@ Phaazoid Phaazoid
That is true. I kinda hope so, just to get his 'beak' bent down instead. ^^" I sorta don't like that part of his design much.
Here it is, Roidley haters and don`t-likers:

Longer legs, beak bent down, darker color, orange eyes, fitting size, fitting stage with lightning applied, Samus, but no Ridley`s theme because it is, unfortunately, impossible to include in this image. I think i made his legs too lo- *looks at the SM Ridley model* Nope, everything is right. I hope THIS is at least close to how he looks in Sm4sh as a playable character. If he is not playable, then i don`t care about the design at all - i like any kind of Ridley unless its pre-Super Metroid Ridley (concept art Metroid 1 Ridley, Captain N Ridley, etc).
Also, i recently saw March`s Direct...now i don`t think that bosses are pathetic and i actually want to see other bosses unless one of them is Ridley. And other parts of the Direct were awesome.
And judjing by the signature of one of the users, Screen KO looks funny in this game, but i would like it more if it would be a little bit longer at the end, after fighter slams into the screen. Now i want to see how it would look like with Ridley...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Did you make an exact copy of his mii yourself? How did you get his mii?
I got to save it on my Wii U when he appeared in that Mii plaza or something, I don't now how it's called, but, his Mii appeared when making the annoucement that the game is almost complete

Xenorange

Smash Lord
I got to save it on my Wii U when he appeared in that Mii plaza or something, I don't now how it's called, but, his Mii appeared when making the annoucement that the game is almost complete
Yeah, that's how I got Reggie but I've never seen Sakurai in my plaza before, which is why I was curious. Thanks for the response i'll keep an eye out for him.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
If the august direct is either august 20th or 26th

Thats like a earth shaking momment, due to 20th being 1 year since pyrosphere got reveal, and 26th for a metroid anniversary.

Oh and its only 1 month away from smash 4 in japan sombest for last before release.

If still no ridley result by september 13th thats pretty much the final piece of evidence Ridley is unlockable and playable.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Directs are usually in the first part of the month iirc. I think we've gotten a few late ones though, like December 2013.

Metroid's anniversary is August 6th btw.

Nintendicted

Smash Cadet
Directs are usually in the first part of the month iirc. I think we've gotten a few late ones though, like December 2013.

Metroid's anniversary is August 6th btw.
I really hope that's the day of the August direct, because Ridley could be revealed most likely, and that's my birthday. BEST PRESENT EVER.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'll apply for the random silent liker that nobody cares for :urg:

EDIT: woops typed "cares" twice :rotfl:
> Implying we don't care about our "like" counter.

Keep doing your thing, I personally care about everyone who partakes in this thread. Except the rude naysayers of course...

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Last edited:

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman
Remember, Nintendo might pull a Little Mac on us and reveal someone else like Chorus Kids instead. Everyone was betting that Diddy and Dixie would both be revealed in February, and yet that didn't happen.
Ya but Little mac was revealed on his anniversary for his arcade game, which makes it all the more likely that Ridley would be revealed on his anniversary too.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Ridley would be a great last character reveal before the game comes out in Japan in September.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
So since we're making an employment list, I figured I should organize it:

Ridley's Gigantic Space Pirate Lounge:

Lounge Employees and Veterans (so far):
Lounge Owner; Strongest: @Oasis_S
Employee Head Organizer/Manager/Coordinator: @The Soulless One
HR Department: ??????????
Old Timers (TGBRW Veterans*): @ Phaazoid Phaazoid @Ridley_Prime @Oasis_S @ IsmaR IsmaR
Ridley Propaganda Artists; Comic Relief: @AndreaAC @SchAlternate @ Angelglory Angelglory @ AbioFlesh AbioFlesh
Redundant Cycle Announcer (The cycles are redundant): @ Snagrio Snagrio
Animal GIFs: @TitanTeaTime
Lounge Interior Design: @Kamiko
Text-Wall Architect/Moveset Interrogator: Myself (@The Soulless One )
Size/Shadow Analyzers: @ Dalek_Kolt Dalek_Kolt @ Angelglory Angelglory @ Smashoperatingbuddy123 Smashoperatingbuddy123 @OblivionWolf
The Realism Squad: @ Phaazoid Phaazoid @Scoliosis Jones @ Dark Phazon Dark Phazon @Ridley_Prime
The Sarcasm Department: @ Phaazoid Phaazoid
Lounge Peacekeepers: @ IsmaR IsmaR @Swampasaur @Scoliosis Jones
Low-Quality Trolls: @The Soulless One
Female Avatar Roulette Captain: @majora_787
?????: @majora_787 @Pacack @Reila
Charidley: @ AustarusIV AustarusIV
Lurkers in the Corners: @Ryuma @ ender_idk ender_idk @_______________ @JustALurker
Resident Punching Bag: Roidley
Unassigned: @MorbidAltruism @False Sense @Zoroarking @ MasterOfKnees MasterOfKnees ; Everyone else.
Bouncers: Kraid, Crocomire, Dark Samus

Current Applicants (as far as I can tell):
Ridley Propaganda Artists: N/A
Bringer of Hope: @WayfaringElf
Lounge Bartender: @Tungsten
Ridley in Miscellaneous Media: @Headcrab Jackalope
Lounge Interior Design: N/A
Some other department: Everyone else.

Banned Individuals: Samus Aran, Adam Malkovich, Anthony Higgs.

All individuals listed under Current Applicants have shown some potential for their positions but need to continue proving themselves to the HR Department (who should control this by the way?) to become Full Time Employees.

*TGBRW Stands for The Great Brawl Ridley War; all listed veterans are written as I've heard them from @ Phaazoid Phaazoid

Also, the Old Timers get their own VIP section in the lounge and special bar privileges.

Let me know if I missed anyone and if I need to readjust our current employee list.
What about the writing department? I do that too. :sadeyes:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Remember, Nintendo might pull a Little Mac on us and reveal someone else like Chorus Kids instead. Everyone was betting that Diddy and Dixie would both be revealed in February, and yet that didn't happen.
That was for a anniversary of little mac

But this is for a metroid anniversary and most directs happen on the first week of months.

And correct me if im wrong but most of the directs was on wednesdays.

Top Bottom