• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
Guy on GameFaqs claimed he had info from a friend.

Basically

K. Rool is a boss, Lucas is gone, Mewtwo and Shulk are in, and Falco will be confirmed this week.
Oh yeah the K.Rool part wouldn't sit well with some people. Falco would depend on what, if any, changes he would have.

Last edited:

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
If #FalcoFriday turns out true, I can only imagine the **** storm that happens in here by proxy due to K. Rool's deconfirmation.
Now he won't be! When K. Rool plays on the stage, Alfonzo takes his place!

Speaking of Alfonzo... I played the Spirit Tracks stage at Best Buy, and I just realized: Alfonzo is missing!

majora_787

Smash Hero
Leaks that predict veteran returns are notoriously wrong.

But hey, we can treat them like the Gematsu leak now, and give them a pass for getting dates wrong anyway. :awesome: Sure they got Falco's reveal off by XXX days, but they PREDICTED it! Sort of! I had to.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
If #FalcoFriday turns out true, I can only imagine the **** storm that happens in here by proxy due to K. Rool's deconfirmation.
I wouldn't worry about that if I were you. If Falco were confirmed tonight, I would see it as just a coincidence.

Now if Gangplank Galleon were revealed as a stage next week, then there would be some legitimate worries.

I showed the lava thing to Reddit, one guy proposed the lava was actually a reflection.

Thoughts?
Huh. Seems legit, although I could be wrong on this.

The21stSmasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7518-6470-1706
Also, I posted this to the Metroid subreddit, response has been positive for the most part.
I started with this picture of his tail shadow. I reasoned that this tail thickness is likely going to be the thickness of the real Ridley's tail, owing to the consistent shape and thickness across the stage and the overall tendency of shadows to become bigger, not smaller.

I then measured out that four Ridley tails was the sufficient number in order to equate the thickness of this brick on Pyrosphere.

I took an Other M Ridley model (because that was the most likely model and I wanted the hugest Ridley possible), bundled four tails, and scaled them appropriately on an top-down view of the Pyrosphere.

(Yes, I verified that the Other M Pyrosphere was roughly the same as the Smash Bros Pyrosphere, the only primary difference being that the Smash version was more octagonal.)

Anyhow, I lined up the two Pyrospheres, and...

There we have it! Ridley's Smash Bros. size.

And a quick size comparison with Samus for added effect.

Oh, I can see it now!

RidleyDX

Smash Ace
Well I need to head to bed probably will miss the party, enjoy the 1000 page fellow space pirates you earned it :bee:

Last edited:

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
Sakurai must be keeping Ridley's playable character intro video in top secret 1000 layered vault

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
So after we get to page 1000...

What do we do after that?

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
OH MY GOD! ONLY ONE PAGE LEFT!!! :D

Yup. Ridley deserved to have the BIGGEST thread in Smashboards!

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Must.... Stay.... Awake.... Cannot.... Miss.... This....
Sakurai must be keeping Ridley's payable character intro video in top secret 1000 layered vault
Plot twist:

This thread is actually that vault. And once we reach 1000 pages we unlock it.

EVERYBODY POST AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!!!

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
RIDLEY IS TOO SMALL
View attachment 17113

Remember this blast from scales past? Good times.
Of course. Ridley's archnemesis in Smash isn't Samus, it's Pikachu! Sakurai sized him down to Pikachu's size so that they can be on even ground.

Because if Pikachu was made the same size as Ridley...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sakurai must be keeping Ridley's payable character intro video in top secret 1000 layered vault
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH the urge to take advantage of this is killing me right now, but I already did it 300 pages ago to someone else.
:crying:

Also:
OH MY GOD! ONLY ONE PAGE LEFT!!! :D

Yup. Ridley deserved to have the BIGGEST thread in Smashboards!
Fixed.

Do I need to repost my steps on how to write BIG in this thread again? Even the regulars are forgetting it now. :c

Last edited by a moderator:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Alright, I have been meaning to ask this.

What do you think would be Ridley's weakest aspects when it comes to his moveset?

Stuff like Edge-guarding, Hit stun attacks, Aerial game, Ground game, Combos, DI, etc?

Last edited:

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master

What do you think would be Ridley's weakest aspects when it comes to his moveset?

Stuff like Edge-guarding, Hit stun attacks, Aerial game, Ground game, Combos, DI, etc?
Obviously an atrocious ground game, slow, awkward runs, and in general a style similar to Melee Bowser.

D

Deleted member

I would like to say that his Ground Game should be his weakest, because I want him to have a great air game, which means not only great aerials but also strong recovery. I would also like to give Ridley a decent combo game. Combos with heavyweights are some of the most satisfying things in fighting games imo.

Last edited by a moderator:

majora_787

Smash Hero
18 or so posts? Prepare for impact.

Also yeah Ridley's ground game would probably be really slow and telegraph REALLY hard, but then his air game would be really intense and actually competent.

Muffinius

Smash Rookie

I imagine he'd have great aerials, mediocre ground, maybe like a mix of a grappler/juggler.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
18 or so posts? Prepare for impact.

Also yeah Ridley's ground game would probably be really slow and telegraph REALLY hard, but then his air game would be really intense and actually competent.
Yep, I can see him giving characters like Kirby a run for their money.

Ridley: "Think you can get away puffball? Think again!"

Iddis

Smash Apprentice
Made it!

Edit: so apparently this is now the 1st post on the 1000 page, i'm okay with this, haha
Edit 2: *sniff sniff* never mind

Last edited:
Top Bottom