• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
Lissa probably warped all the Robin supporters because she wants Chrom to get in
*Laughs* Yeah, I Could see Lissa doing that........maybe? Wait.....I Married Lissa........why doesn't she support me?!....I Don't know how I should feel anymore............ I'm going to bed.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Did people even forget that Pikachu in the 64 opening is the size of a human foot...
...and then is barely Mario's height? Unless you're trying to say Mario is the size of a human leg
@ IsmaR IsmaR summed it up perfectly:

This is how much Sakurai has cared about scaling of any magnitude since the first SSB game.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Do people really still make the size argument?

No, really. I am not being condescending.

Surely people cannot care anymore? I mean, did you see Kirby? Back in Smash 64? How he is looking Mario in the eye even though he should be shorter than a soda can?

Surely you remember this.
They do. I literally had it explained to me TODAY this way:

To scale a character up is easier because it allows more details to be added. When you scale a character down you're removing details so it's harder to do.

Let's reread this: As if it made too much sense already, the too big argument is claiming that less work is harder than more work.

... Yep.

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
To be fair, Grima could possibly be a reincarnation of Ridley's spirit, just like he's the manifestation of Demise's hate./wmg
So Ridley, in revenge for what Samus had done to him, decided to go ignore Samus completely, and attack the denizens of Ylisse, whom he has nothing to do with and are in a completely different dimension, which is probably very difficult to get to, and ALSO Go through all these time shenanigans and try to annihilate himself so he can rule in a future he has no business being a part of?

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
So Ridley, in revenge for what Samus had done to him, decided to go ignore Samus completely, and attack the denizens of Ylisse, whom he has nothing to do with and are in a completely different dimension, which is probably very difficult to get to, and ALSO Go through all these time shenanigans and try to annihilate himself so he can rule in a future he has no business being a part of?
Yes. :p

Wild mass guessing can look very strange to most people. That, and I wanted to find someway to bridge @ Reginleif Reginleif 's post into this thread without making it look off-topic.

But do you agree that Ridley could be a manifestation of Demise's hate? I think Samus might be another incarnation of Link.

majora_787

Smash Hero
You know, I realized. Nobody (or very few people) actually thinks Ridley isn't (or rather, never will be) going to be playable if people are literally resorting to arguments like:

"But Ridley was a boss before, and characters never change roles."
"Ridley can't be resized because characters are never resized."
"Ridley can't be resized because it's harder to do less work than it is to do more work."
"Why would Sakurai ever mislead us at all for any reason? He has literally never done that before even once."
"Ridley probably just has his own 100% unique lighting physics that literally no other character follows."

It's surreal to see people say these things, ESPECIALLY when they mean it and seem sure of themselves for some reason.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
after seeing the diorama from prime 3 and the scene of Meta Ridley's fight, I think he looks way smaller in the diorama....
RidleyDiorama1.jpg

made out of boredom with a pic a found and a screenshot I took from the video of the fight...

EDIT: Is it just me or it look like Meta Ridley is bitting Samus' leg?

Last edited:

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
Yes. :p

Wild mass guessing can look very strange to most people. That, and I wanted to find someway to bridge @ Reginleif Reginleif 's post into this thread without making it look off-topic.

But do you agree that Ridley could be a manifestation of Demise's hate? I think Samus might be another incarnation of Link.
This game universe and that game universe have NOTHING to do with each other! So don't go around spreading rumors!

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Today has been one of the slowest days in regards of posting on this threaed that i have seen.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Oh that Mystery Lizardley. What a crazy guy. It's a shame he's too big. I mean look at him! He's like DOZENS of times bigger than a pikmin! Not to mention his posture is totally unlike anyone's we've ever seen, especially Ivysaur's.

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Back to the Potd, though.

Am I wrong, or does this mean that the whole "he might not have shown Pyrosphere because Ridley is incomplete" notion (which was kinda BS to begin with) has been thrown out the window, landed on a garbage bin, and got crushed by a rampant kaiju that stepped on the bin?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Am I wrong, or does this mean that the whole "he might not have shown Pyrosphere because Ridley is incomplete" notion (which was kinda BS to begin with) has been thrown out the window, landed on a garbage bin, and got crushed by a rampant kaiju that stepped on the bin?
You're very much correct. This destroys any argument about the Ridley might be incomplete thing.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo

Yes.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Yes. Before it was obvious because it does not take in ANY universe eight entire months to finish a single stage hazard. But now it's apparent that even had it been unfinished after *TEN* months, it would not have been what prevented Pyrosphere from being shown in the demo.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
I love how a big part of the thread are size comparisons, can't believe some people actually bring that as a point against poor old Rids

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
I find it quite entrancing that we, in a span of 3 month (with the Direct and stuff), have duplicated the amount of pages this thread has accumulated for almost two whole years (until the Direct). (Then again, it may have only started being somewhat more active after Pyrosphere was revealed, but whatever.)

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
I love how a big part of the thread are size comparisons, can't believe some people actually bring that as a point against poor old Rids
Clearly his size being massively decresed from his bossley size to Bowser's size is a definitive sign that he's a boss! Because... uh. Too big? ???

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I find it quite entrancing that we, in a span of 3 month (with the Direct and stuff), have duplicated the amount of pages this thread has accumulated for almost two whole years (until the Direct). (Then again, it may have only started being somewhat more active after Pyrosphere was revealed, but whatever.)
So if we never got the Pyrosphere (and thus no hints of Hazardly), this thread might have been 200-to-300 pages by now.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
It seems most people have moved on from "too Big" and onto "Doesn't matter since he is a boss"

Sigh.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
You're very much correct. This destroys any argument about the Ridley might be incomplete thing.
Well, it does open up the possibility of them having not completed a part of the stage despite revealing it. Though I really don't think Ridley should have taken this long to complete... And just going by the picture today, it seems like Nabbit himself is probably not fully complete. Otherwise there would be no reason for him not to show up in the demo. So it's possible they could have shown boss Ridley in a random pic of the day even if Ridley was incomplete.

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
C'mon, I'm gettin' tired

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDDLDi_H8pM

I don't care if this was posted before or not, I just want to speed stuff up. Must be awake for 1000th page extravaganza.
Ugh. My brain cells...Just gimme a few seconds...

Deep breathing

Okay. Now that my brain cells are done hemorrhaging, I can properly think. By this point, I don't care if Ridley is playable or not for his actual attributes of being kick-ass or whatever. No, no. I don't care about that anymore. I want Ridley to be playable just so people like this can shut the hell up about it.

majora_787

Smash Hero
If he's not too big... WHY HASN'T IT HAPPENED ALREADY?

Lock the thread, guys. He wins.
Every time he opens his mouth I kind of want to towel whip his parents for messing up so badly. It's not even a Ridley thing, it's a "how much of a needless asshole can you be" thing.

Last edited:

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
Every time he opens his mouth I kind of want to towel whip his parents for messing up so badly. It's not even a Ridley thing, it's a "how much of a needless ******* can you be" thing.
Why does anyone with a web-cam think they can say whatever the hell they want? I can't recall a single time when I met a detractor who wasn't a total jerk.

And if I have met one, they were so horribly overshadowed by the bad ones I failed to remember them.

Top Bottom