• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Anthony is impossible, he appeared in one game and will never appear in another one
I think we could get Dark Samus.

I don't think Nintendo would add Anthony Higgs, after what Other M did. They designed the stages off Other M because it was the latest Metroid game, but the chances are, they want to move onto greener pastures.
If there's one thing I'd love them to keep from Other M, that's Anthony, he was a pretty cool guy for such a bad game, I think he'd fit right into the Metroid universe, specially after the slightly more lighthearted tone of Prime 3's dialogue, with the likes of Rundas (Rundas, why did that guy have to die so soon!?). I just think it'd be pretty cool to see him appear in Metroid VI.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
If there's one thing I'd love them to keep from Other M, that's Anthony, he was a pretty cool guy for such a bad game, I think he'd fit right into the Metroid universe, specially after the slightly more lighthearted tone of Prime 3's dialogue, with the likes of Rundas (Rundas, why did that guy have to die so soon!?). I just think it'd be pretty cool to see him appear in Metroid VI.
A couple people here seem to irrationally hate Anthony for reasons. Personally, this is why I kinda like him.

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
Other than Samus (and Ridley, huehuehue), he was probably the most liked character of Other M. While I'd prefer to see Rundas in Smash himself, if they did have to keep one character from Other M, it'd probably be Anthony.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Other than Samus (and Ridley, huehuehue), he was probably the most liked character of Other M. While I'd prefer to see Rundas in Smash himself, if they did have to keep one character from Other M, it'd probably be Anthony.
I think the reason both Anthony and Rundas were so well-liked even though they were fairly minor is that they offered a great, refreshing contrast on the Metroid Universe, while our protagonist is a no-bull****, super-serious warrior woman that barely talks, those two are a little more cocky and like to joke around a bit, they 'lighten up the place' so to speak.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Anthony was one of the few characters in Other M that most fans even like. I don't think anyone would be opposed to him showing up in other Metroid games. Too bad Rundas is dead though.

Anyway, back to Ridley, if he is playable, does anyone care to guess what variations he could be given? Say he has a basic projectile, but he also gets a homing shot, or a laser that you can switch to.

Now that I think of it, with customization we've got so many different ways each potential newcomer can be represented from here on out.

majora_787

Smash Hero
If their names weren't Samus and Ridley, like most Metroid games I generally stopped caring about them.

Anthony just happens to be particularly easy to not care about.

Neo Zero

Just don't make him Dyna Blade, and you can give him any specials you want Sakurai.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Question: How would you feel if in order to make Ridley a suitable size for Smash, Sakurai used a new design, based off of his Metroid 1 sprite? (Like what he did with Mega Man)

Kind of like this piece of fanart.

image.jpg

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Question: How would you feel if in order to make Ridley a suitable size for Smash, Sakurai used a new design, based off of his Metroid 1 sprite? (Like what he did with Mega Man)

View attachment 16697
I wouldn't care. It's still not as bad as Bad Box Art Mega Man.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781

View attachment 16697
With those piddly little wings? Eh, no thank you. Maybe if just the body was changed? The head still looks dumb...

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
But if I had to choose between the Metroid 1 Sprite Ridley and the Instruction booklet Ridley....I would stay with the Mouth merged sprite than with the alien birdo thing....

majora_787

Smash Hero
Obviously every iteration of Ridley ever created, including Ridley-Z and Dark Meta Ridley, are fused together at the tails and are added as one playable character.

A mess? Yeah.
Terrifying? Yep.
Worth? No. Of course!

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Obviously every iteration of Ridley ever created, including Ridley-Z and Dark Meta Ridley, are fused together at the tails and are added as one playable character.

A mess? Yeah.
Terrifying? Yep.
Worth? No. Of course!
You can't spell worth without spelling throw

the things you learn from league of legends throws

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342

A mess? Yeah.
Terrifying? Yep.
Worth? No. Of course!
Space Hydra.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I just so happened to be listening to this when I saw it.

I think I've had too much internet today...
Somus: Too much internet?! This is blasphemy...This is...MADNESS!
Ridley: Madness? THIS! IS! RIDLEY SUPPORT THREAD! *kicks Somus into the bottomless pit filled with lav-*
Meta Ridley: Wait...how can a bottomless pit be filled with something?!
Ridley: ...Well...i did it somehow...DON`T ASK!
Meta Ridley: Bu-
Ridley: NO QUESTIONS!

By the way, if we call Other M Ridley "Roidley", then shouldn`t we give similar names to other bad OM versions of metroid characters? Like Somus, Adom/Odam, Motroid/Mocktroid (Other M), etc?

Last edited:

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
After E3, I still believe in Ridley's chances of being playable. Still few months to go, few possible directs remain.... plus I really want a Ridley Amiibo figurine.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Actually Bagan, that drawing you reposted there was made by me
Oh, then you made a good work with making Roidley look awesome.

Is there any differences between bosses/NPCs and playable characters other than obvious differences? Like lack of shadow, animation quality, model quality, etc.

Last edited:

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
How can Sakurai and Nintendo in general not salivate at the thought of a bunch of people seeing a badass Ridley figure and wanting to buy it without even knowing who he is, but because he's awesome? If Ridley isn't playable, that's just a huge missed opportunity and I doubt they've overlooked that possibility.

Top Bottom