• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

D

Deleted member

Looks like Vaztor71 is back with his fallacious Ridley arguments: It's the same thing.

For those who don't know, Vaztor71 is a malicious Ridley-hating person that thinks that his "Too big!" argument is still cool.

Just posted this for the lulz. Would challenge him to come here, but this thread would be too hard on him.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Looks like Vaztor71 is back with his fallacious Ridley arguments: It's the same thing.

For those who don't know, Vaztor71 is a malicious Ridley-hating person that thinks that his "Too big!" argument is still cool.

Just posted this for the lulz. Would challenge him to come here, but this thread would be too hard on him.
Pfffft... too hard is an understatement. It would be something like this, at least.

The whole size argument is easily debunked by other characters that have been resized, not to mention that image I love to post when someone uses that argument.

D

Deleted member

Plus Sakurai never even mentioned size to begin with, so size was never an issue.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I read his blog. Of course it's a piece of crap, but I got a pleasant surprise in the comments section. Our friend GoldenYuiitusin stomped his "too big" into the ground completely, giving a total of 8 counterpoints. :laugh:

Well done, Golden! ;)

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I read his blog. Of course it's a piece of crap, but I got a pleasant surprise in the comments section. Our friend GoldenYuiitusin stomped his "too big" into the ground completely, giving a total of 8 counterpoints.

I seriously thought that the too big myth had debunked by now...

I love how he cherry picks his size comparisons and ignores the games where Ridley isn't much bigger than Samus.

D

Deleted member

Lol, thanks guys. Man, that was a long time ago.
Now the fool is back? Lol. Seeing as I have a GameFaqs account, maybe I should pay him a visit.....

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
GoldenYuiitusin pretty much stomps stupid arguments with irrefutable evidence. Much like this:

The "Ridley is too big" argument is only used by haters and trolls nowadays, since anyone smart knows that size doesn't really matter in Smash.
Even Sakurai admitted he can make him work in Smash, so there.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
As a response to discussions on the last page - I still don't understand the logic behind Palutena.

sakurai said the 3ds reboot of kid icarus was not going to be followed by everything else. Pit is, in every definition, a classic rep, same as ice climbers, ROB, and G@W. No chance in hell any of the other three are getting a new rep, same with Pit. I'd rather have another classic character 100x over than a kid icarus rep.

Starfox, on the other hand, has consistently been getting 1 new character per smash game. They're not ****ing adding slippy, the only character that makes sense next is krystal. It'd be really hard to make her a clone, what with the staff.

Idk, that's just how I see things. I feel like you guys get stuck circle jerking a little too much sometimes and when reality hits it's gonna be a *****.

Now, Ridley, on the other hand, 100% guaranteed.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
As a response to discussions on the last page - I still don't understand the logic behind Palutena.

sakurai said the 3ds reboot of kid icarus was not going to be followed by everything else. Pit is, in every definition, a classic rep, same as ice climbers, ROB, and G@W. No chance in hell any of the other three are getting a new rep, same with Pit. I'd rather have another classic character 100x over than a kid icarus rep.

Starfox, on the other hand, has consistently been getting 1 new character per smash game. They're not ****ing adding slippy, the only character that makes sense next is krystal. It'd be really hard to make her a clone, what with the staff.

Idk, that's just how I see things. I feel like you guys get stuck circle jerking a little too much sometimes and when reality hits it's gonna be a *****.

Like how you realized it was the ridley thread at the last minute so you added it in.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The "Ridley is too big" argument is only used by haters and trolls nowadays, since anyone smart knows that size doesn't really matter in Smash.
Even Sakurai admitted he can make him work in Smash, so there.
Then again, he also said: 'That'd be pretty much impossible.' Only if they put their full effort into it they could make him. 'But he might be on the slow side. Would that be alright? [laughs]'

Hence why I'm not really all that interessted in Ridley in the first place. But I really wanna see if the Smash team is capable of making Ridley work.

D

Deleted member

I guess it's time for me to start stomping a stupid argument.

Pit's definition of being a "classic" rep matches Samus at this point. Both are characters from the old days, and both are around today. Pit being just recently revived doesn't make a difference between the two.
Aside from that, Sakurai said that he had no plans for a sequel. That does not mean that there will never be one. There's always the possibility of someone else directing a sequel if Sakurai is not willing to make one; it's not like Kid Icarus is Sakurai's series to begin with. And even if it was, Kirby is still churning out games despite Sakurai playing no part in their development.

And while it is true that Ice Climber, Gyromite/Stack-Up, and Game & Watch are not getting another character, it's for a very obvious reason: THEY DON'T HAVE ANYONE ELSE TO ADD.
I mean, who else from Ice Climber are you going to have, a ****ing POLAR BEAR?! With Mr. Game & Watch being a composite of various nameless characters in the Game & Watch titles, how can there possibly be another character? And would you seriously expect someone like Professor Hector as a character?

Patterns aren't worth jack ****. Just because Star Fox has been conveniently getting a character per Smash doesn't mean it's going to happen again.
Falco wasn't originally planned for Melee, he was added late in development as a clone of Fox to help boost the Roster. Wolf was a low priority character for Brawl that was among the first to be axed if time did not allow for every characters' development. He was one of the three lucky ones that survived, the other two being Jigglypuff and Toon Link.
So to think that Krystal is going to be in based off that pattern is idiotic.

Aside from that, how in the Hell does Slippy not make sense? He's definitely more important to the Star Fox series than Krystal, and is much more popular than her in Japan (where he is seen as cute). Oh, Krystal makes more sense because of her little magic stick, and she can't be a clone because of it? Well, sorry to have to slam you into the Brick Wall of Reality, but that's a load of horsecrap.
Wolf had the potential to have different Specials than Fox due to Assault, and yet he was given similar Specials because he was a pilot, and Fox's Specials are based off of actions in the ships.
Krystal would be no different. At most, the staff would give her unique non-Specials like Wolf. Having the staff doesn't magically mean she can't shoot a Blaster, dash forward, propel herself in a given direction, or use a Reflector. And even then, actions the staff can do can easily emulate the same Specials in itself.
Fire Blaster shots can be shot like Blaster shots.
Rocket Boost can be turned into a move similar to Fire Fox/Bird/Wolf Shoot.
ForceField can be used like a Reflector.
Only thing missing is a Dash based move like Fox Illusion/Falco Phantasm/Wolf Flash, but it isn't that hard to make something up. It could even incorporate the Ice Blaster and be an Ice Dash of sorts.
Now, tell me what about the staff means she can't be a clone again?

You feel we get stuck masturbating each other? What the **** is wrong with you, dude?

No Newcomer is 100% guaranteed unless Sakurai gives the notion that they are in without actually revealing them. Not even Ridley.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'd actually like Slippy Toad you know that.

'******* be mad cause I make better weapons than them.'

D

Deleted member

As much as Slippy talk is better than Krystal talk, we should bump up the Slippy thread for that. :laugh:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I found this yesterday, thought I should mention it. dunno if anybody did before.
although just being a reskin, its another argument that ridley could work pretty well.

EDIT: also Dark Samus

D

Deleted member

I can see Ridley being playable in 4th installment. I hope he gets converted from boss into playable. We need more playable characters to represent Metroid series. He'll be one of the characters who can glide. His b attack can be his spiting fires from Metal Ridley boss. His side b can be gliding across screen just like normal ridley boss; it's like ike's side b. His attacks have to be toned down in order to have a balanced roster. Our next step is to stay tuned for Super Smash Bros 4 E3 trailer.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I just think that every main Nintendo series in Smash deserves to have the villainous counterpart to the protagonist (if possible). Also, Metroid, being one of the big series, really deserves another representative and Ridley is by far the most consistent candidate. Besides even that, I Ridley is just wicked cool.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
(Credit to Kikwi-Kiwi for the idea.)

I found another counter-point against the "Too big" argument. Stages like New Pork City and Temple would make him look small, even if he is Brawl sized. :laugh:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
(Credit to Kikwi-Kiwi for the idea.)

I found another counter-point against the "Too big" argument. Stages like New Pork City and Temple would make him look small, even if he is Brawl sized. :laugh:
if he was playing with another player he would still be big by comparison.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I found this yesterday, thought I should mention it. dunno if anybody did before.
although just being a reskin, its another argument that ridley could work pretty well.

EDIT: also Dark Samus
It looks better than most hacked Ridley's. But honestly, Ridley needs to be bigger than Charizard.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Considering Samus is probably larger than Charizard in Brawl, yes. That Ridley is definitely too small.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well i dont see him being more stronger than Bowser or Ganondorf really..but there is a very good chance he will be slower..????
He'll likely have longer range and greater durability due to broken recovery. So he wouldn't be all useless I hope.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, Sakurai had said that "he would be a bit slow. (laughs)" in that interview about Ridley.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
What do you think personally is more important

Character Balance
Or
Smooth & Better Online and Online Modes?
Better online modes. As long as the characters aren't so ridiculously skewed one way, online can still be enjoyable to all if it's well-made. Besides, I'm fine with less emphasis on balance (I still like balance, and want it) and more emphasis on stacking the roster with characters people want. But that's me, I guess.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Online for shizzle!

Even with Meta-Knight's brokenness, online would still be so much fun!

Top Bottom