• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Tehe. ~ Or to be glad why Ridley doesn't get rule 63 stuff done of him that often, I suppose.

What about using Omega Ridley for that one suggestion/idea I had made awhile back? :c An image of him pulling a Mega Man final smash would most certainly be awesome too though.
xD you know, in one of my sketches i was thinking about it....with the cape and all....but i need to start bit by bit with Omega....i can't draw him complete so fast

AndreaAC

Yes... Believe it or not, the dinosaur Yoshi's name was taken from Sakamoto's first name, which Miyamoto did as a homage to his friendship with the guy.
xD what a great friendship they have, you can even let the dinosaur fall to his doom while the other saves his own life....

@BaganSmashBros Of course! :chuckle:

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well it looked like he went up a hair

And I took a look at size wise and

Does this help look at the pillars without the lights

I think the smash pyrosphere is shrunken compaired to the other m one but ridley is stayed to scale with the stage but the stage is smaller but samus is still the smash samus is the same size as the other m samus so other m other m ridley is bigger than the smash 4 other m ridley

And his legs and arms might be shorter according to my calculations

What I'm saying is if ridley is playable sakurai did a loop hole so ridley still retains his size as big as he was on the pyrosphere but everyone else gets bigger on it and ridley is that size for the other stages too

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ridley can't be resized.

However the world around him can be.
How about not making Ridley smaller, but instead make evryone and everything in Smash bigger except Ridley! That way, Sakurai doesn't needs to shrink him

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Ridley can't be resized.

However the world around him can be.
How about not making Ridley smaller, but instead make evryone and everything in Smash bigger except Ridley! That way, Sakurai doesn't needs to shrink him
BUT THEN EVERYONE WILL BE 2 BIG FOR SM4SH! WAAAH! ADD GOKU INSTEAD! WAAH! AND SHY GUY! WAAH! AND TOAD! WAAH!..and all of this stuff. But everyone saying that will be shot too.

And just something related to Ridley, but not from something by Nintendo:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Every time I think I can make peace with Ridley most likely not being playable, I come across some idiot Ridley haters online gloating and I just can't do it.

Sebz

Luchador Extraordinaire
You know, I had a thought. Seeing as how the Yellow Devil basically assists whoever deal the final blow, what if Ridley does something similar, but once you beat him or trigger an event, you get to control him momentarily? This would explain the unnatural movement from the Direct clip. Also, and this might be a stretch, what if your character rides him once you manage to gain control, explaining why they only showed his shadow.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
xD you know, in one of my sketches i was thinking about it....with the cape and all....but i need to start bit by bit with Omega....i can't draw him complete so fast
Oh, right on. Was just making sure you hadn't forgotten after all this time I guess. >.>

Every time I think I can make peace with Ridley most likely not being playable, I come across some idiot Ridley haters online gloating and I just can't do it.
Welcome to my world post-Brawl.

That's one of the worse things about having Ridley deconfirmed than your usual character/Smash candidate, in addition to what someone pointed out earlier in how it also brings more idiots out of the woodwork saying "I don't think he could've ever worked anyway, didn't understand why he was this popular/demanded to begin with, etc". You don't get that with Samurai Goroh or Waluigi or anyone else that gets deconfirmed, saying that they couldn't of worked.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
You know, I had a thought. Seeing as how the Yellow Devil basically assists whoever deal the final blow, what if Ridley does something similar, but once you beat him or trigger an event, you get to control him momentarily? This would explain the unnatural movement from the Direct clip. Also, and this might be a stretch, what if your character rides him once you manage to gain control, explaining why they only showed his shadow.
But he wasn't attacked in that footage and I can tell nobody was on his back

D

Deleted member

Every. Single. Time. I come across someone saying Ridley: is a boss/is too big/won't work, and they say that Anthony Higgs/Rundas/Random Hunter should be added instead, none of these chars aren't even as important as Dark Samus and look at her, she is an Assist Trophy! Then I get bashed for wanting Ghirahim.
Seriously, why can't no one get it that Ridley is the most important char from the Metroid series yet to be playable.
*sigh* just had to take this out of my chest

Last edited by a moderator:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Seriously, why can't no one get it that Ridley is the most important char from the Metroid series yet to be playable.
A. Because they are J.E.R.K.-s.
B. Because they want to rise chances of their wanted characters.
C. Because it became some kind of a meme...terrible one.
D. Because they just don`t know him and think he is just a random pterosaurus/dragon boss from a game they never played.
Maybe there is more reasons why...

GraveEclipse567

Smash Apprentice
Every. Single. Time. I come across someone saying Ridley: is a boss/is too big/won't work, and they say that Anthony Higgs/Rundas/Random Hunter should be added instead, none of these chars aren't even as important as Dark Samus and look at her, she is an Assist Trophy! Then I get bashed for wanting Ghirahim.
*sigh* just had to take this out of my chest
Nah man, obviously this wonderful fellow is the most important character:
Metroid_prime_encounter_phazon_infusion_chamber.jpg

He is the only Metroid character to have his name in the title after all.

D

Deleted member

A. Because they are J.E.R.K.-s.
I see what you did there
Nah man, obviously this wonderful fellow is the most important character:View attachment 12395
And every other single Metroid in the entire series...

Ridley's chances just went up after the Direct
1.The shadow confirms we will see him in some form or another
2.The other 3 important Metroid chars were all deconfirmed
3.Sakurai loves trolling(note: this applies to any Smash related news)

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Nah man, obviously this wonderful fellow is the most important character:View attachment 12395
Is that from Wii or Gamecube version?

and he is as important as queen parasite, but everyone knows your post is a joke...whatever...yeah...duh...

I see what you did there
What? All i said was that they are Jerkish Eldritch Rockin` Kremlings/Koopas (please, someone, draw this!..please?..)

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
No idea, is there even a difference between them? I just got it off the Metroid wikia wiki.
Well, as somecallmejohnny said, there is added bloom effects, white screen support, etc (maybe its writen in a different way, but whatever). And of course controls, addition of Spring Ball, which helps with the spider guardian from MP2.
I thought you were refferring to them http://the-wonderful-101.wikia.com/wiki/The_GEATHJERK_Federation which in the game is shortened to J.E.R.K. by the humans
Anyway, I'm getting a little off-topic, so back to Ridley discussion!
I don't know what to talk about him now
I never even heard of "The Wonderful 101"...but thats kinda funny since i never heard about some kind of a organization named J.E.R.K. ...
Don`t know what to talk about him now? TOO BAD! RIDLEY DANCE T- oh, i forgot when i had saved the link...d`oh!

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
For some reason I just had a weird image of that Ridley in zero suit form.

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
Looking at peoples reactions to the shadows on Youtube. I swear almost every video I watched was people saying "Haha knew it stupid Ridley fans".

....I guess I can't expect everyone to be like me looking at every little detail and looking at Ridley's shadow every little movement lol. Once E3 comes along and Ridley gets confirmed.....I won't be the guy to be like "Haha you were wrong idiots!" but I would be lying if I said im not gonna watch other people bite there heads off.

Steelia

Smash Champion
You know how in the Ridley shadow his arms are down when flying? Ok he so goes off screen lands then jumps right at the very end before it fades out. Starts at 1:07 he goes off screen then he turns around and jumps with his arms in the air. If someone could screen cap it that would be great.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=fb35vh33Mb8
Getting back to this... Not quite a screen cap, but here:

roidley_takeoff_shorted.gif

Slowed down the last couple dozen frames when Ridley achieves liftoff. The animation cuts off too early to know exactly what he's doing. Single/double jump? Recovery? Or if a boss, some sort of attack animation?

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
Getting back to this... Not quite a screen cap, but here:

View attachment 12399

Slowed down the last couple dozen frames when Ridley achieves liftoff. The animation cuts off too early to know exactly what he's doing. Single/double jump? Recovery? Or if a boss, some sort of attack animation?
I'd say for sure a single jump. Hmmm things are looking good for Ridley imo.

AndreaAC

@Ridley_Prime do you remember that i told you about a video i found on a japanese site where i got a lot of screencaps of Omega Ridley? i could make a little gif of that part....

OMEGAR.gif

Last edited:

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
About Sakamoto... If there's one thing about his choices that would make me glad he might not work on more Metroid, it's his tendency to kill of everything! Retro had the decency to leave things open. They were actually expanding upon the Metroid universe and creating future potential. Sakamoto has this annoying tendency to annihilate everything he introduces into the series.

Metroid evolutions on SR-388? Nope, Samus blown 'em up.
Ridley? Kill him, blow up the planet he died on, create a bizarre clone of him, kill that off, have his corpse transform into a freaky alien mutated version, kill that off.
Space Pirates? Constantly kill them off in droves until there's no plausible chance of them returning.
X-Parasites? Metroid evolutions making a return? NOPE, blow up the space station AND the planet they reside on. At the same time.

The Prime series? Call it an "off shoot" of the series or something like that.

Frankly it's like Sakamoto's been trying to figuratively and LITERALLY kill the series for years. I don't care if he ever touches the series again if all he's capable of doing is eliminating potential instead of nurturing it.

Last edited:

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
Metroid wouldn't be Metroid without making something go extinct or making the place you are in the game explode.
Something... Not EVERYTHING.

Prime killed of Metroid Prime, the Ing Horde, Dark Samus, and Phazon. But the Space Pirates remained aplenty, the Chozo had the possibilities of assisting Samus in spirit, we had other alien species...

Sakamoto's all like "lol nope I liek my version bettr"

Well, to Sakamoto's credit, we still have Samus, a Dachora, two Etecoons, and Adam Malkovich's brain.

wee.

Last edited:

GraveEclipse567

Smash Apprentice
The brain of the man who either fell asleep while Samus was in Pyrosphere or completely forgot that she wouldn't be able to withstand the heat is a very useful brain to have.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Well, not so much a brain so much as an AI...

Adam became a lot better as a character after he died. I guess there's the manga, but maybe the federation copied his mind before he went stupid...

Top Bottom