• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
*huffs*. the devil emerges with his words on this

Language warning so spoiler for this

Trust me i would skip the ridley part

But just like in the other video the part of not giving up

Smaller and super metroid ridley for dlc
...He said in a post/tweet he was trolling with the Ridley video...

He lied...

....Well, when you're trying to make a future with equal opinions, you're bound to have a sworn enemy.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
Look,

Ridley has a bigger chance than most. They have the assets aleady. He has a
  1. Get Up animation
  2. Smash Attack charge animations
  3. Rolling animations
  4. Death animations
  5. Tons of moveset ideas already
  6. A Model frame
  7. Part of a stage grab animation.
If NoA is more involved in DLC, and Sakurai less so, Ridley has a very good chance at DLC

NOT just wishful thinking. Look at the reasons.
  1. So many assets to use already, arguably one of the easiest NPCs to make playable at this point
  2. Easy money maker. Guaranteed $ for Nintendo
  3. Good Press for finally listening to fans.
  4. Even if there is a rule of "Character that already has a role cannot be playable" is true, Ridley can easily work around it through Super Metroid design.
Everything above is true no denying it. There is no arguing the above as it is true. The question is whether it will happen. For me? I deem it likely IF we give the outcry to Nintendo.

BUT what I'm done with seeing is this thread be filled with arguments. Stop arguing whether someone was "delusional" or not for thinking he would be playable. All the info I had in the second post WAS true. He acted like a playable character so we assumed he WOULD be playable. It just turns out, he acts completely playable, but isn't. And that sucks.

So stop arguing here. Use this as a base of operations for getting Ridley as DLC. Someone comes here hating? Screw them. Not only report them, but IGNORE them as well. They won't do you any good. Don't even reply to them. Focus in this thread and do it well.

I've been contributing here since April, and you guys were a great community. And I know you guys can do great things to get him as DLC.

So do it.

Show me you guys can do it. This will be my last post in here for awhile. I'm telling you guys what you need to hear.

Focus on DLC

Screw the haters

Get that damn Space Pirate playable

drops mic
you sir are my hero. ridley has everything set up already, they just need to go further with it. i'll keep on hoping, but sakurai is someone i can't put my faith in when it comes to character representation. i hope nintendo will step up and do what is needed for their fans!

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
...He said in a post/tweet he was trolling with the Ridley video...

He lied...

....Well, when you're trying to make a future with equal opinions, you're bound to have a sworn enemy.
As much as Shokio's hypocrisy and bad behavior is a part of this thread, can we please not import extra salt? I'm trolled off as it is.

J04KlM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pichu4SSB4
3DS FC
4940-5417-1674
Look,

Ridley has a bigger chance than most. They have the assets aleady. He has a
  1. Get Up animation
  2. Smash Attack charge animations
  3. Rolling animations
  4. Death animations
  5. Tons of moveset ideas already
  6. A Model frame
  7. Part of a stage grab animation.
If NoA is more involved in DLC, and Sakurai less so, Ridley has a very good chance at DLC

NOT just wishful thinking. Look at the reasons.
  1. So many assets to use already, arguably one of the easiest NPCs to make playable at this point
  2. Easy money maker. Guaranteed $ for Nintendo
  3. Good Press for finally listening to fans.
  4. Even if there is a rule of "Character that already has a role cannot be playable" is true, Ridley can easily work around it through Super Metroid design.
Everything above is true no denying it. There is no arguing the above as it is true. The question is whether it will happen. For me? I deem it likely IF we give the outcry to Nintendo.

BUT what I'm done with seeing is this thread be filled with arguments. Stop arguing whether someone was "delusional" or not for thinking he would be playable. All the info I had in the second post WAS true. He acted like a playable character so we assumed he WOULD be playable. It just turns out, he acts completely playable, but isn't. And that sucks.

So stop arguing here. Use this as a base of operations for getting Ridley as DLC. Someone comes here hating? Screw them. Not only report them, but IGNORE them as well. They won't do you any good. Don't even reply to them. Focus in this thread and do it well.

I've been contributing here since April, and you guys were a great community. And I know you guys can do great things to get him as DLC.

So do it.

Show me you guys can do it. This will be my last post in here for awhile. I'm telling you guys what you need to hear.

Focus on DLC

Screw the haters

Get that damn Space Pirate playable

drops mic
I really don't want to be that guy, but i think it's best you guys just let it go and move on. It's tragic to see Ridley not being a playable character. But i feel you guys are building up an unhealthy attachment, you're just going to get hurt in the end.

Ridley does indeed posses all these assets you listed, and i'd say he's the closest to a playable character than any of the other stage hazards along with Flying Man. But think about it, the reason he is such a polished boss character is because that is what they were aiming for. It wasn't meant to foreshadow him becoming playable status later in Smash 4's life cycle.

It's exactly like being in the hope of Assist Trophy characters becoming DLC as playable characters, it just isn't happening. They'd have to scratch them as AT's, and it would decrease the variety in Items. Same with bosses, they'd have to be scratched as bosses in order to be playable, because they can't co-exist. This isn't the same case as Gonzalo, because he and train conductor Toon Link are just background NPC's that barely has any animations and has zero impact. Would you seriously want Ridley to be a stage boss and a playable character?

I wanted Viridi and Ashley to become playable characters, but because of their already existing roles as a stage hazard and the latter being an Assist Trophy. I've just accepted it, they're not going to be scratched as their current existing incarnations in the game to become playable. They have zero chances of becoming DLC, and so is Ridley thanks to his main purpose in this game.

That said, i'm sorry for your loss. I actually suggest you guys push Ridley for Project M, as he is very likely there.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
But think about it, the reason he is such a polished boss character is because that is what they were aiming for.
Polished?...What? Where? His animations do look nice and smooth like they should, but everything else isn't any better than other bosses, some parts even worse. First of all, this:

His model looks awful even when compared to Other M original model. Here is how it looked like:

Ignore broken claws and blood because those aren't there until you will damage him enough. Other M model didn't had blurry textures (at least for console's standarts), horrible mouth rigging and awful shading. Here is how he opened his mouth in Other M:

And now look at ORDLY image above. It had less bones, its does were not separated, wings' "fingers" didn't moved like those seen in common dragons and bats, he didn't had those extra spikes, but it still looks better.
Now for the moveset this hazard has. First of all, only intro attack has high chance of hitting someone before he is hit. If no one tries to attack him, he is beast and a threat. If even 2 players fight over him, he becomes a punching bag. Not only he is giant, but he also is long. That last issue didn't really mattered in Metroid games, where it was his advantage since he could block projectiles since it was completly invincible. It was like that in every game except for maybe NES game, but that was like that for obvious reasons. But in SSB4? Nope. You hit tail, you hurt him. And his tail isn't curled to the side or something. It is nearly straight, so, he can be hit from the right side of the stage even if he is on the left side, close to left ledge. Ridley also flinches here, interrupting his attacks, and is quite easy to knock down. He won't even have a chance to properly attack once unless everyone ignores him. And they could just make it invincible (not just intangible, it would have to null attacks and projectiles like it always did) like Yellow Devil's body and make his weak spot everything else except for wings. So, what we have is a very large punching bag that will either be annoying (if everyone ignores him) or a waste of time (if everyone tries to attack him). This is a downgrade from Brawl fight. The only thing better about it is that he attacks with his claws, has a bit faster stomping/crushing attack and actually uses fireballs and maybe even fire breath. So, is it polished when you look closer to it? No. Did Brawl had a better boss? Yes. Does that properly represents Ridley? No. Does that properly represents Other M Ridley? No. Is it a punching bag like every other boss? Yes.
This is the only part of your post i don't agree with. And i would want Ridley's clone to be hazard and Ridley to be playable. Unlike those AT examples, those 2 are different characters/persons/creatures/whatever, so, its like having OoT Link and TP Link (2 different persons/characters), but with them actually looking different.
That said, i'm sorry for your loss. I actually suggest you guys push Ridley for Project M, as he is very likely there.
He will be, officially or not, at the end of this year.

Last edited:

Zynux

Smash Lord
I think that, looking back, both sides had good points, but I think that supporters had an edge in seeing how Ridley behaved in the Direct. I didn't think it meant much back then but now I can see why they thought that way. Ridley does act like a playable character here.
I'm glad we can have somewhat of a compromise here (especially since you were a "detractor"). Thinking back, we weren't nearly as crazy as I thought when it came to speculation: that shadow indeed behaved weirdly that many correctly attributed to a playable character. I used to kind of scoff at it a bit (the whole shadow analysis I was never a fan of, but after the reveal a couple things about Boss Ridley made me re-think about it), but now I see it differently.

---

@ BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros You mentioned earlier that the textures on the model looked upscaled and undetailed (I can see it too). I remember a ways back we believed that the shadow on the Pyrosphere made Ridley look smaller. Now, I remember back then I thought peopel were banking on this theory a bit too much, but you'r observations made me think that Roidley model we see now on the Pyrophsere may have been scaled up at one point. Personally, I believe that Ridley was likely always intended designed to be a boss character in this game, but the model really was upscaled then it would explain why we thought Ridley's model was smaller back in April.

If true, then the shadow truly messed with us this speculation.

People.
I love hope and everything, and think Ridley deserves to be playable, but thinking he has any chance at all for DLC at this point is too much.

Sakurai wouldn't put a lot of effort into Ridley as a boss, and even made him as close to playable as a boss can be.

I know he's a troll, but he won't make a huge complex boss, and then reveal him to also be playable.

I encourage you to have hope, and believe in Ridley for Smash 5, or heck, maybe even start a DLC movement to make Sakurai make him playable, but please stay inside the boundaries of reality.
Don't make us seem anymore delusional than we have for the past summer.
Indeed. What people need to do now is either move on or be vocal about how they feel about Ridley, that they're not satisfied with his "Boss" status, get to work on supporting mods and such for Ridley and the like, demand DLC as loud as possible, etc.

Either way, just sitting around waiting for DLC Ridley (that's likely to not happen) to fall on your lap with the whole "Sakurai's a troll! Also, there are two Ridley's!" narrative will likely end poorly.

Whatever you do, be proactive about it and make your voices clear, but coming up with wild theories on how he can still get in will likely accomplish nothing.

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
Is the Wii U hacked already? If so I will gladly wait for playable Ridley from a hack. If Ridley makes it playable through a non Sakurai maker that'll be pretty sad and embarrassing on Sakurai's part.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Is the Wii U hacked already? If so I will gladly wait for playable Ridley from a hack. If Ridley makes it playable through a non Sakurai maker that'll be pretty sad and embarrassing on Sakurai's part.
No. There is no known way to do that and same goes for 3DS. Only Brawl can be hacked properly. Melee and N64 one can be hacked too, but it doesn't goes beyond changing textures for those.
If Ridley were DLC, how much do you think he should cost? For Ridley I would bankrupt the realm but $5 seems fair. :chuckle:
10-15$ i guess?

Last edited:

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
Hey, guys... Thought I'd let you know I made a Miiverse Halloween Mii. I call it "Mitchley!" He is the immortal ghost of Ridley, resembling the dream that never dies. He shall spook all of Miiverse with his big purpleness for an entire week! Woooooooo~!

...Hey, we hardly get any silly fans, so I thought I'd make a fool of myself to lighten the mood. Go check it, even though its ugly as crap.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Pro-tip Connor is the same guy who sweared up and down Ridley was playable just from shadows. He is also the same guy that swore up and down that there were additional characters after things were leaked.

Frankly, it would be best not to be played by the pied piper again.

This guy constantly mocked me for saying that Ridley was going to be a stage hazard.

The best course of action for the PRESENT is:
1. Supporting Bagan.
2. Trying to support Ridley for Project M.

This is a very narrow window for the present because they will be deciding Project M's slots very soon. Basically by 2015 rolls around, the Project M window will effectively be shut.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Indeed. What people need to do now is either move on or be vocal about how they feel about Ridley, that they're not satisfied with his "Boss" status, get to work on supporting mods and such for Ridley and the like, demand DLC as loud as possible, etc.

Either way, just sitting around waiting for DLC Ridley (that's likely to not happen) to fall on your lap with the whole "Sakurai's a troll! Also, there are two Ridley's!" narrative will likely end poorly.

Whatever you do, be proactive about it and make your voices clear, but coming up with wild theories on how he can still get in will likely accomplish nothing.
I think that we should prepare a big movement. A REALLY big (pun intended) movement, somewhat underground.

Then the minute Sakurai announces Smash 5, or says that he will start work on it, we launch.
This would put us one step ahead of all the other fanbases.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I think that we should prepare a big movement. A REALLY big (pun intended) movement, somewhat underground.

Then the minute Sakurai announces Smash 5, or says that he will start work on it, we launch.
This would put us one step ahead of all the other fanbases.
Yeah. We should not give up by any means, but the whole mental gymnastics thing is what is giving the Ridley fanbase a bad name. By mental gymnastics I mean:

1. Thinking Sakurai was "trolling" us in that April Direct about Ridley (it was obvious what Sakurai was insinuating Ridley's was a stage hazard).
2. Thinking that Ridley was going to be a "Wii U exclusive" character after Smash 4 3DS was released.
3. Now thinking that Sakurai has trolled us yet again, and Ridley is going to be DLC (and this is partially based off of the BS Chorus Men, Dixie Kong, Mewtwo, connectivity crap).

However, keep in mind even if we support Ridley throughout these next several years, its still possible we will lose a lot of fans due to:
1. Metroid's hiatus continuing (people will feel less inclined for Metroid to have an additional character if it has no new games, just look at what happened with F-Zero from the beginning of the pre-Smash 4 period to the end of it).
2. Sakurai's own statement about Ridley being playable. If Sakurai says something along the lines of "I tried my best, but it simply wasn't possible. This was the best I could do.", then most people outside the Ridley fanbase would be inclined to agree with Sakurai Ridley simply is not suited to be playable.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Pro-tip Connor is the same guy who sweared up and down Ridley was playable just from shadows. He is also the same guy that swore up and down that there were additional characters after things were leaked.

This guy constantly mocked me for saying that Ridley was going to be a stage hazard.

1. Supporting Bagan.

This is a very narrow window for the present because they will be deciding Project M's slots very soon. Basically by 2015 rolls around, the Project M window will effectively be shut.
Well, when you see his behaviour, he certainly plays like a playable character, so Connor wasn't wrong in thinking he was, because unless they themselves said he was a boss, and considering they went so long not addressing his situation, I think people were right to feel he had a chance.

Also, I love Andre The Black Nerd reiterating, and standing up for the supporters of Ridley in this vid.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Yeah. We should not give up by any means, but the whole mental gymnastics thing is what is giving the Ridley fanbase a bad name. By mental gymnastics I mean:

1. Thinking Sakurai was "trolling" us in that April Direct about Ridley (it was obvious what Sakurai was insinuating Ridley's was a stage hazard).
2. Thinking that Ridley was going to be a "Wii U exclusive" character after Smash 4 3DS was released.
3. Now thinking that Sakurai has trolled us yet again, and Ridley is going to be DLC (and this is partially based off of the BS Chorus Men, Dixie Kong, Mewtwo, connectivity crap).
The only one I can see is the first one. Sakurai did have quite a few trolls that Direct, and has been teasing Ridley for almost a year at that point.

The second was where I started to lose hope, but it was kind of, kind of possible.

The third is an outright outlandish idea.

However, keep in mind even if we support Ridley throughout these next several years, its still possible we will lose a lot of fans due to:
1. Metroid's hiatus continuing (people will feel less inclined for Metroid to have an additional character if it has no new games, just look at what happened with F-Zero from the beginning of the pre-Smash 4 period to the end of it).
2. Sakurai's own statement about Ridley being playable. If Sakurai says something along the lines of "I tried my best, but it simply wasn't possible. This was the best I could do.", then most people outside the Ridley fanbase would be inclined to agree with Sakurai Ridley simply is not suited to be playable.
This is why we need to start it early, so if anything bad happens, we will already have a lot of momentum to work through it.

I personally don't think Metroid is in a hiatus. I think it's just more like Zelda, where it only gets a game every few years, because a lot of effort goes into them.

Also, I've seen you post a lot about supporting Ridley for Project M. A smaller movement for that could fit in with out bigger Smash 5 movement. If Ridley does get in Project M, it could show Sakurai that Ridley CAN work. I mean, we all know that Nintendo and Sakurai look at Project M. I think they tried to hire a PMBR Member once to work on Smash 4.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Also, I've seen you post a lot about supporting Ridley for Project M. A smaller movement for that could fit in with out bigger Smash 5 movement. If Ridley does get in Project M, it could show Sakurai that Ridley CAN work.
Ding ding ding.

However, I doubt Sakurai would see Project M. It would more so convince people outside the Ridley fanbase that Ridley can work. As it stands right now, more and more people outside Ridley's fanbase see him as unfeasible.

Also:
http://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/2k5g7a/so_with_ridley_being_unplayable_in_sm4sh_sniff/

I am glad I am not the only one who has suggested Bagan should be a part of the Project M team for Ridley to happen.

Neko-Knight

Smash Cadet

I think Sakurai doesn't troll nearly as much as people think he does, that said, I don't think it is unreasonable to HOPE for big things, even in the face of discouraging reveals. I figured Ridley's fate was sealed back in April and lowered my expectations but I still wanted to be wrong. I don't think Ridley will be DLC either but I will consider it a possibility, no matter how unlikely.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
I think Sakurai doesn't troll nearly as much as people think he does, that said, I don't think it is unreasonable to HOPE for big things, even in the face of discouraging reveals. I figured Ridley's fate was sealed back in April and lowered my expectations but I still wanted to be wrong. I don't think Ridley will be DLC either but I will consider it a possibility, no matter how unlikely.
It's all clever marketing ;)

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779

1. Supporting Bagan.

"Hey guys! Connor's an idiot! Let's say false things about him to put him in a bad light!"

So many things in that post were false. Why the hell are you so bitter to me for no damn reason. None of that is true. I have no problem being a **** to you now.

But this wouldn't be a Chrono post without

"SUPPORT RIDLEY FOR PROJECT M"

(and I do support it, you should just stop including it in every damn post. I had no problem with you, but you decided to turn into a major **** for no reason)

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
"Hey guys! Connor's an idiot! Let's say false things about him to put him in a bad light!"

So many things in that post were false. Why the hell are you so bitter to me for no damn reason. None of that is true. I have no problem being a **** to you now.
It is true. You were among the biggest supporters of Ridley "still being playable" after Smash 4 3DS was released.

Even Burb has lolled at your mental gymnastics about Ridley still being playable for these past several weeks.

The reason I keep harping on Ridley for Project M is because its a window that will soon close. Just like with Sakurai, character slots can't be decided immediately before a game's release. The slots will pretty much all be decided before 2015. So Ridley fans for the immediate future should put their focus on Project M (for the remainder of 2014).

People should keep supporting Ridley but I highly, highly doubt no amount of banging the drums is going to get him into Smash 4 as DLC. Ridley's fanbase was the loudest during the pre-Smash 4 period, and he still remained Bossley.

I think for the time being we need practical results to show people that Ridley can indeed work, because as it stands right now more and more Smash Bros. fans outside the Ridley fanbase are being increrasingly inclined to agree with Sakurai that Ridley should not be playable and many are saying flat out "Ridley simply can't work." Unless people have something that can literally show them that they are wrong, they will be inclined to believe the judgment of the Smash Bros. creator over the arguments of internet fanboys.

That is why for the immediate future and long-term future for the Ridley fanbase is contingent with results that Bagan is producing and possibly getting him into Project M. Its provides a distinct contrast to Sakurai's judgment, and *gasp that he could be you know WRONG. But as it stands right now, more and more people are now seeing the matter of Ridley not being playable as the fault of Ridley and not merely the limitations or opinion of Sakurai. And and as someone that has been involved with this fanbase for over a decade, I can tell you that one of hardest things to go up against is negative momentum and Word of God.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Project M and/or Bagan's work is the only hope for a playable Ridley within the next two years. Sorry everyone.

Those hoping for Ridley being DLC are reprising themselves for similar mental gymnastics after what we saw after the April Direct. Personally, I was pessimistic on Ridley since August 2013.
Honestly speaking I only really considered him to be disconfirmed since April (for reasons that need not be explained). Until then, I still thought he had a mixed chance since nothing until that point explicitly hinted at his specific role in Smash.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
It would be greatly appreciated if you guys stopped pointing fingers in each other's direction. Keep the merry laughter at someone else's expense to yourselves thank you very much indeed.

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
How about we take the Project M discussion to somewhere it's actually supposed to be discussed?

Stop it with the flame wars, we have enough of those as is.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
How about we take the Project M discussion to somewhere it's actually supposed to be discussed?

Stop it with the flame wars, we have enough of those as is.
Its more like Ridley for Project M discussion than just Project M discussion. It is just as relevant as most of the posts here. We lost Ridley for SSB4, so, until SSB5's announcement, we can only support him for Project M OR wait for a miracle to happen (Ridley revealed as a DLC character). We'd better talk about the future than the past, even if there is no future.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I don't like how Ridley's mouth is open in a couple of the screens. It's not possible to do that.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
I don't like how Ridley's mouth is open in a couple of the screens. It's not possible to do that.
I believe mouths are supposed to open. But yea, the upper jaw should in no way hinge upward like that. Interesting how the design is slightly altered though (mainly the colouration of the chest, which corresponds with the chest of Conceptley).

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I believe mouths are supposed to open. But yea, the upper jaw should in no way hinge upward like that. Interesting how the design is slightly altered though (mainly the colouration of the chest, which corresponds with the chest of Conceptley).
"I don't like HOW Ridley's mouth is open", not "I don't like THAT Ridley's mouth is open", so, he is correct.
Colouration was changed on his whole front part of torso, not just chest, and there is a more noticable changes in wings.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
It is true. You were among the biggest supporters of Ridley "still being playable" after Smash 4 3DS was released.

Even Burb has lolled at your mental gymnastics about Ridley still being playable for these past several weeks.

The reason I keep harping on Ridley for Project M is because its a window that will soon close. Just like with Sakurai, character slots can't be decided immediately before a game's release. The slots will pretty much all be decided before 2015. So Ridley fans for the immediate future should put their focus on Project M (for the remainder of 2014).

People should keep supporting Ridley but I highly, highly doubt no amount of banging the drums is going to get him into Smash 4 as DLC. Ridley's fanbase was the loudest during the pre-Smash 4 period, and he still remained Bossley.

I think for the time being we need practical results to show people that Ridley can indeed work, because as it stands right now more and more Smash Bros. fans outside the Ridley fanbase are being increrasingly inclined to agree with Sakurai that Ridley should not be playable and many are saying flat out "Ridley simply can't work." Unless people have something that can literally show them that they are wrong, they will be inclined to believe the judgment of the Smash Bros. creator over the arguments of internet fanboys.

That is why for the immediate future and long-term future for the Ridley fanbase is contingent with results that Bagan is producing and possibly getting him into Project M. Its provides a distinct contrast to Sakurai's judgment, and *gasp that he could be you know WRONG. But as it stands right now, more and more people are now seeing the matter of Ridley not being playable as the fault of Ridley and not merely the limitations or opinion of Sakurai. And and as someone that has been involved with this fanbase for over a decade, I can tell you that one of hardest things to go up against is negative momentum and Word of God.
You're truly portraying yourself as an idiot in my eyes due to your ignorance and inability to address a situation correctly.

I stated MANY times after Smash 3DS was released that I thought it was the final roster. However, I never dismissed the possibility of there being more through connectivity. And by connectivity, I just meant an incentive for both versions. Which, turned out to be true.

You try to word everything like I'm some sort of sin that came across here. I'm not. I did my part this whole time, and you didn't do anything but complain about Ridley and Project M.

I fully recognized the possibility of Ridley not being playable these past months. Just because I stood on the side of him being playable, and you did not, is no reason to place yourself above me.

IN FACT, everything I analyzed was true. He acts 100% like a playable character with animations and everything. He just happens to be a boss. I didn't think they would make someone so playable like, yet still have them as a boss, and THERE is where I was wrong.

There's nothing wrong with people having hope for DLC, just as there's nothing wrong with you wanting Ridley in PM.

WHAT IS WRONG, however, is coming in here and saying PM is our only hope. That's an opinion, and one that everyone here is sick of hearing from you in every damn post.

And next your gonna bring up some crap about how you're one of the oldest Ridley supporters. Well congrats. But it doesn't make what you think any more or any less valid. So stop thinking your above everyone.

Most of all, stop painting me in a negative light with exaggerated and false accusations.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
WHAT IS WRONG, however, is coming in here and saying PM is our only hope. That's an opinion, and one that everyone here is sick of hearing from you in every damn post.
Its the only plausible outcome for playable Ridley within the next four years at least. Telling people that Ridley is a plausible contender for DLC is giving people false hope and making them bark up trees they shouldn't. There is scores of people laughing at us for thinking Ridley is a DLC contender. One of the worst names the Ridley fanbase is getting is for the convoluted and tinfoil hat reasoning about why Ridley still might be in and Sakurai is playing an elaborate troll on Ridley fans.

Secondly, I said nothing against you that others in the leak thread have not also said about you.

The fact of the matter is, the Ridley fanbase is just as prominent now as it was in the pre-Brawl days, however, the major difference is that now there are scores of people disgusted with the Ridley fanbase due to the reasons I outlined. You want to know what other fanbases went through a similar demonization process? Geno and Krystal.

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
Its the only plausible outcome for playable Ridley within the next four years at least. Telling people that Ridley is a plausible contender for DLC is giving people false hope and making them bark up trees they shouldn't. There is scores of people laughing at us for thinking Ridley is a DLC contender. One of the worst names the Ridley fanbase is getting is for the convoluted and tinfoil hat reasoning about why Ridley still might be in and Sakurai is playing an elaborate troll on Ridley fans.

Secondly, I said nothing against you that others in the leak thread have not also said about you.

The fact of the matter is, the Ridley fanbase is just as prominent now as it was in the pre-Brawl days, however, the major difference is that now there are scores of people disgusted with the Ridley fanbase due to the reasons I outlined. You want to know what other fanbases went through a similar demonization process? Geno and Krystal.
I really hate people throwing around false hope as their reasoning as for why someone shouldn't believe something. As if you know better than anyone else what is and isn't going to happen.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I really hate people throwing around false hope as their reasoning as for why someone shouldn't believe something. As if you know better than anyone else what is and isn't going to happen.
I had been saying for over a year that Ridley was not playable in Smash 4. In the end being vindicated did not matter because no one learned anything, and instead want to continue on the course we are on, which frankly is steering us to disaster.

Look, Ridley fans are now DEMONIZED. This was not the case a year ago. There were too bigots, but the Ridley fanbase itself was not attacked.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Look, Ridley fans are now DEMONIZED. This was not the case a year ago. There were too bigots, but the Ridley fanbase itself was not attacked.
It always was since Brawl. We are called Ridleyf*gs by those idiots since Ridley was shown in Brawl. It just gets worse each time they are right.

Neko-Knight

Smash Cadet

I think you should just retire from the Ridley fandom. You're just bringing negativity here. Even if the fight for Ridley is hopeless, you aren't helping anyone by posting.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
It always was since Brawl. We are called Ridleyf*gs by those idiots since Ridley was shown in Brawl. It just gets worse each time they are right.
Eh. I was very active with the Ridley fanbase since 2001, and really I did not see the term "Ridley***s" come into use until 2013.

You are right though that every time we get hit with something bad it just augments the size (pun-intended) of those who hate Ridley fans.

After Ridley was de-confirmed for Brawl, the main feeling was pretty much "well there were so many deserving characters that had to get in Brawl. Smash 4 is definitely going to be his time to shine since there is barely any competition."

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276

Off-topic Chrono, but how was your experience with the Geno and Krystal fanbase during pre-Brawl?

Top Bottom