• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Guys I'm not even a fan of Ridley and I'm actually freaking out with joy and hype

Somebody please hold me like right now

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
I'm gonna be posting on KYM when Ridley is confirmed. I don't care, once he is announced, every bit of hate i got and will get from them will be worth it all.

MischF

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TrueMischF
This is will very likely be a long comment because I have been working for the past 4 hours or so and couldn't comment. I will spoiler things if it gets too long.

Its over so now we wait for it to end and see if the war is over.
First of all, it isn't over yet. It started at 4pm my time and it is only 7pm. Still an hour left.

Second, we are getting a character today and I do believe it is most likely Ridley. For one, they let them talk about some stuff early on in the meeting most likely to get people's attention just so they could cut it off making people die with hype for the info (similar to how he has been starving us for Ridley for the longest time). Also another shadow tease the same day as PAX makes me suspicious that they may have wanted us to be thinking about Ridley.

Gonna spoiler three and four. Idk if it is too long but I want to play it safe plus it might be a bit too much off topic.

Third, I love the passion in the Ridley thread. I find it hard to back my other supported characters because a lot of people lack that kind of passion. For example, most people are like yeah Simon Belmont would be cool then just drop it (don't let this make people go off topic dear lord). And that passion is the greatest part about this whole thread. Just don't let the passion die. When my most wanted newcomer got disconfirmed, my hype was destroyed but after a while the passion kicked back in and it helped me to get the hype back.

Fourth, to the guy with disease (sorry for the inconsiderate approach didn't catch the details just that it was serious). I didn't get to read your story but to have it brought up so many pages after it was posted it must have been truly heartfelt. I hope you get better (if that's not a possibility, sorry. Like I said I don't know much about that situation). And I would like you to know you're part of the reason I hope Ridley is in. You and all the other people that have showed such passion for this cause.

OMG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAISUDbjXj0
Gonna accept my 100 hour Rick Roll now. :laugh:

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
The wait is long and hard, brother.

But is there is anything us pirates can do best, it's wait for our captain!

ARRRGGHHH!!!!!

Then. . . perhaps we ought to ready this song, just in case.

Last edited:

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
Why are people so sure we're getting a character today and that it's gonna be Ridley?
BECAUSE WE NEED SOMETHING TOO DAMNIT! Japan got a huge bone thrown at them with Shulk and we wouldn't mind if we got a space pirate sized one thrown at us.

Last edited:

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
BECAUSE WE NEED SOMETHING TOO DAMNIT! Japan got a huge bone thrown at them with Shulk and we wouldn't mind if we got a space pirate sized on thrown at us.
Oooooh. It'd be nice, but I'm gonna remain in pessimistic doubt in case we don't get anything.

Your positive comments give me hope, though!

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Something sinister is brewing.
August 29th will go down in history as Pirate day
it will be required by law to wear purple of be fed to Ridley himself.
HAIL!
HAIL THE PIRATE KING, RIDLEY!

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
guys, don't be too sure, set your expectations to the lowest they can be so you don't get dissapointed
To hope is virtuous. Acceptance and trust are the two most important components of said hope, and with those no outcome can hand us over to the snares of despair.

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Ummm... the games releases in Japan in less than 2 weeks, so it would be kind of useless to hold information for that long unless it's something Wii U exclusive, wich as we now, wouldn't be the roster.
Yeah, but from what I've seen from them in the past, Nintendo is (or at least was) the company that doesn't expect/acknowledge a full content leak from the Japanese version owners. That's why I said a few months, because October.

My guess is that they trust the people they send review copies out too much (such as what happened with the ESRB Leaker), but they at least seem to be learning. They seem to have been victimized of a ton of leaks within the past few years, I mean really, we knew about Mega Gengar and Zygarde months before X and Y's release.

But maybe Nintendo will be more sane this time and let the embargo up before the Japanese release. You never know.

I really wonder if anything Ridley-ey is going on behind those closed doors...

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
I arrive from school and the first thing I saw is Shulk trailer, I seriously hope that Ridley is revealed now, I mean, showing him in a closed event with an embargo isn't something to take lightly, I mean, not even Pacman reveal was this strict, which means something BIG is coming

GreatRagnarok

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Neodragon22
3DS FC
3007-8564-4279
I don't think we're getting another character reveal. I just don't see it. But if it does happen and we get Ridley, then I take back everything I said. But i'll keep watch until the end for anything. Good luck guys and hope your dreams come true guys (and mine :p)

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
Now I'm embarrassed. I'm sorry for being pessimistic. Only a few cases of the disease have ever actually done it that terribly. I shouldn't assume the worst will happen to me. I shouldn't bother people with my personal conditions. forget I mentioned anything... sorry everyone...
Hey! Are you saying that it's not guaranteed to end in... something nobody would wish for? If you can hope for Ridley, you can hope for always waking up tomorrow, and the next day, and the next. If you've got a chance to live many more days, then don't feel ashamed or embarrassed. Live as your brother would have wanted. Tell yourself you will be here, no matter when it is, the day Ridley makes it playable in Smash. If you lose your will or your positivity then your health will worsen, because a state of mind is just as important as the state of your body. So if you're saying you could live a long life still, then I'm happy, and your brother would be too.

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
So what, is this "embargo" ending in a few minutes or something? I was out all night, I'm as behind as you can get with this news.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
18 more minutes!
Until what? The new direct? I. . . I'm out of the loop, because every time I try to view the direct page or listen in on news sources, I can't find anything.

SOMEONE, PLEASE INFORM ME OF WHAT IS GOING ON BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
So what, is this "embargo" ending in a few minutes or something? I was out all night, I'm as behind as you can get with this news.
I don't even think the embargo ends until the official info.

Top Bottom