• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

RoseyBetch

Smash Journeyman
Hopefully someone at the press event knows Magic Coat. The embargo won't work on them if they do.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
would they really reveal 2 new charcters in 2 days?
They revealed 3 during E3.
but that was the biggest gaming convention of the year
And that is something very insignifficant? Then why is there is that embargo thing?

Still, thinking that Ridley WILL 100% be revealed on PAX thing just because Shulk was revealed in Japan-only Direct is...well...
STRAWGRASPING.

STRAWGRASPING EVERYWHERE.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Guys, kraid showed up in my bedroom and told me that Mother Brain told him that Ridley was playable.

Beanybunny

Smash Cadet
NNID
atombeany
3DS FC
2019-9824-4588
Speaking of Embargos, look what the Random TM Lady decided to give me today of all days.

...Creeeeeepy. >w<

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Preferably within the hour!
Preferably lasting for 99 hours.
Guys, kraid showed up in my bedroom and told me that Mother Brain told him that Ridley was playable.
Mother Brain confirmed to be the director of Super Smash Bros. For WiiU and 3RD, Masahiro Sakurai. Thanks, Mother Brain!
did they rip that from brawl
It is from Other M. It is remix of Ridley's theme. It is different from Brawl remix.

Last edited:

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
If there's a heavy embargo on what people can say or do then we know some **** is going down. Will the "****" be Ridley? I hope so.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Now I'm embarrassed. I'm sorry for being pessimistic. Only a few cases of the disease have ever actually done it that terribly. I shouldn't assume the worst will happen to me. I shouldn't bother people with my personal conditions. forget I mentioned anything... sorry everyone...
People like this post? you laugh, but that is my actual condition. That's why I want Ridley revealed soon because pemphigus does that to you slowly and painfully, and I'll probably just be euthinized when it starts happening more rapidly. As much as I want to know Ridley is in smash, once the time comes I'm not waiting any more for a reveal. Dang it Nintendo! Just show him already! Show him as a boss if you must but put this crap to an end!

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
If there's a heavy embargo on what people can say or do then we know some **** is going down. Will the "****" be Ridley? I hope so.
Well what you have said which is censored is also what Shokio said Ridley's size was comparable too.
So yes.

TheGalaxyKnight

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IRNStudios
The spoiler is a little off topic.
Would anyone kill for a Life sized Ridley AR card and Amiibo? I know I would.

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
There's an embargo. Giving up hope if he's not revealed today is a bit silly, no? Patience.
...no.

giving up hope and being surprised later is better than holding out hope and being disappointed.

thats my philosophy on life... stop hoping, and just give up.

if something good happens, it'll be that much more significant.

if something bad happens, its nothing new.

course my philosophy on life has never been very constant, because i am insane.

give it an hour or two, i'll probably change my mind.

Last edited:

LarsINTJ

Banned via Warnings
...no.

giving up hope and being surprised later is better than holding out hope and being disappointed.

thats my philosophy on life... stop hoping, and just give up.

if something good happens, it'll be that much more significant.

if something bad happens, its nothing new.

course my philosophy on life has never been very constant, because i am insane.

give an hour or two, i'll probably change my mind.
Acknowledging insanity is something the (truly) insane will never do.

Last edited:

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
That's the point. You're assuming it can't possibly be January to January.
I'm assuming that because Legend of Zelda and Metroid did not launch in 1985, or January 1986. That's why.

Look at the list of release dates again. It is not possible for it to be showing January to January. Not. Possible.
If we assume ZSS shows up for Zero Missions year, why can't we assume Roidley's Other M appearance is when he'll show up in All Star mode?
Because Zero-Suit Samus first appeared with that look, that weapon and that name in Zero Mission. It is possible she could be grouped with Samus though, based on the Justin Bailey and so forth being in Metroid. We'll have to see about that.

Ridley first appeared with his general appearance (aside from NES graphical quality of course), with the same name and so forth in Metroid, 1986. Bowser is shown as debuting in 1985, despite his modern appearance being very different from his appearance in Super Mario Bros. Link is debuting in 1986, despite the Zelda timeline meaning that Twilight Princess Link (the version his appearance is based on) and Skyward Sword Link are not the same as the Link in The Legend of Zelda NES. The difference between The Other M Ridley and Metroid NES Ridley is similar and won't make a difference. Same name, same character.

About that 1985 -1986 all star mode things. I think it may be TWO part of 1985 -1986 because the all star mode from brawl is ridiculously long, so it is likely any remaining characters in next round.

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
Alternate ending for Shulk's trailer.
Fake, we all know Ridley wears a monocle and suit with his tophat. He must look classy in front of his fans.

Am I the only one curious as to whether this closed event is talking not just about the 3ds version, but maybe some new info on Wii U exclusive modes?

Top Bottom