• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I've never understood why people have said, "Ridley's too big for Smash!!". He's the most important Metroid character next to Samus and is a very iconic villain who has appeared in almost every single Metroid game to date. He should be playable just to shut up the naysayers and so Metroid can finally have a real 2nd rep. This thread will expand to another 1000 pages if he isn't playable.
EDIT: Please add me to the support list!
It will expand another 1000 pages if he is playable. That is, after the site begins functioning after it's inevitable destruction, and until the point this thread reaches 2000 pages and has to be shut down due to glitches.

Crainy

Smash Apprentice
It will expand another 1000 pages if he is playable. That is, after the site begins functioning after it's inevitable destruction, and until the point this thread reaches 2000 pages and has to be shut down due to glitches.
We´ll just start a continuation thread if that happens.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
When he's announced, this thread will probably be shut down almost immediately. It will have already climbed to within a hundred pages or so of the danger zone (which I do not believe is exactly 2000, but approximate anyway), and the devs won't want to risk things going wrong. There will be a new social thread opened up in the Ridley forum, and we can gush there to our hearts content, and make several extra threads to discuss his awesome moveset, color options, customizations, etcetera.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Actually, Here's how it happened

Ridley: :glare:"Hey, Other Me"
Roidley: "Yes Big Bro"
Ridley: "For the millionth time, :mad:I AM NOT YOUR BROTHER...Now look at this"

*Ridley hands out a tanooki leaf*

Roidley: :confused:"What is this maple leaf?"
Ridley: "Use it...you might get surprised"

*Roidley uses the tanooki leaf....Racoon Ears and tail appear on Roidley*

Roidley: :joyful:"WOW, THIS IS AWESOME. I have cat ears and a long fluffy tail"
Ridley: "Now how about a little game?"
Roidley::joyful:" Yippie, Big Bro will play with me"
Ridley:" :facepalm: I AM NOT YOUR----y'know I give up...Anyways, I DARE you to catch that soft fluffy tail"
Roidley: :joyful:"ALRIGHT!"

*Roidley tries to catch the tanooki tail*

Roidley: :joyful:"MWAHAHAHAHA! I'M GONNA GET YOU"
Ridley: :smirk: [[That should keep him busy for a while...and by "a while" I mean for a month or so.]]

THE END
xD I LOVE IT! I should do a second part of the drawing after Roidley finally catches his tail.
Hehe....this is genius.

Last edited:

TheGalaxyKnight

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IRNStudios
Why can't people just consider:

Planet Zebes - Hmm, a level with a rising lava gimmick.
Brinstar - Hmm, a level with a rising lava/acid gimmick.
Norfair - Hmm, a level with a rising lava gimmick.
Pyrosphere - Hmm, a level with lava, totally can't have a rising lava gimmick. :glare:

And before someone say, "But Sakarai wouldn't be that predictable!" Really? Last time I checked, there was THREE Metroid levels with a rising lava gimmick, and for some dumb reason, you think Sakurai wouldn't do that again?

"But Ridley shadow was on Pyrosphere! Totally means a boss!" ...Are you REALLY sure that WAS Ridley? All we saw was a shadow, a shadow that resemblance Ridley. Could have been anyone. Sakurai's the one making the game, so he can do ANYTHING to make us think anything.

Until the man MAKING THE FREAKING GAME says through his mouth; "Ridley's not playable", THEN we quit.
Your right... That shadow may not have been Ridley... I think that shadow was Ralph Waldo Picklechips! 0o0

CCD23

Smash Cadet
I agree with this to be honest. They haven't treated Ridley or Metroid fans like any other franchise or fanbase with Smash 4. Not other character has been hinted at for over a year and not specifically talked about. No other heavily requested character has had mere allusions to their inclusion without being completely shown and deconfirmed. If Ridley is a mere boss then they've gone out of their way to string people along for no reason, when everything else was dealt with directly.

Obviously complaining won't do much if anything, but I won't bend over and happily take it either. I'll send them an email explaining how poorly I feel they handed Ridley and it's ramifications regarding marketing. If the roster doesn't have something on it that makes me want to buy the game, if there's nonsensical cuts, and if there's unneeded clones? There may be no point in me buying it at all. Granted it wouldn't just be lack of Ridley that would have me not buying it, but it'd be one of the straws for sure.

If he is just a boss they should showed him fully doing boss things by now. Pic of the day, in a direct, anything. Because as is it's just being a huge tease for no reason when no other fanbase was treated this way. It's not entitlement to want to be treated honestly and like every other potential consumer.
I completely agree with this. I've always thought that if Nintendo/Sakurai has the gall to actually make Ridley a stage hazard, a letter should be wrote explaining our disappointment with how they handled the situation should be sent and signed by multiple people such as VenomSymbiote and myself.

It's not about whining that Ridley's not playable (that's one thing), but rather the extreme length of time they have drug this teasing out without actually giving any information only to be disappointed in the end (that's another thing.) Very poor marketing and a very poor way to treat consumers indeed.

But info on Ridley could still be revealed in the next few weeks, or nothing will be said and then he'll end up being playable. Hopefully the latter of the two... (But a reveal trailer before then would be even better.)

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord

Ike the Killer

Smash Cadet
It's not about whining that Ridley's not playable (that's one thing), but rather the extreme length of time they have drug this teasing out without actually giving any information only to be disappointed in the end (that's another thing.) Very poor marketing and a very poor way to treat consumers indeed.
I totally agree with this. I want him playable xD but the devastating thing would be if after all this time, all this teasing (Pic o the day talking about sizes, hinting Ridley, smash direct showing bosses and Ridley´s shadow) he was still unplayable... I think that would be very unprofessional and sad, probably some local fans would go and burn Nintendo´s main headquarters.

Lets just hope he ends being playable and all the haters get what they deserve

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Start two, just to be safe.

Well, because the whole Ridley thing hasn't been cleared up.
Yeah.
Uhm... didn't someone post Pyrosphere was listed under Wii U stages and not shared stages? I cannot see it anywhere though... Did that guy consult a fansite or was it taken down again?

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
GUYS, seriously, I've finally cracked the code!!

Now hear me out...
The Duck Hunt Dog has been the key to this mystery and I only just noticed! Think about it, the dog chases and catches ducks, the ducks flew around a lot in Duck Hunt, I mean just look at it here!

In conclusion...?

RIDLEY HUNT CONFIRMED

.Shìkì

Smash Ace

Now hear me out...
The Duck Hunt Dog has been the key to this mystery and I only just noticed! Think about it, the dog chases and catches ducks, the ducks flew around a lot in Duck Hunt, I mean just look at it here!

In conclusion...?

RIDLEY HUNT CONFIRMED
Sadly you are late to the party, that joke has been made 6 times already since the "leak".

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Uhm... didn't someone post Pyrosphere was listed under Wii U stages and not shared stages? I cannot see it anywhere though... Did that guy consult a fansite or was it taken down again?
That was me. I have no idea where I found that. I could have sworn I saw it right before I posted it. I don't know what happened. Maybe I was dreaming or something. Sorry for the false info. :cry:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master

Now hear me out...

In conclusion...?

RIDLEY HUNT CONFIRMED
c18.png
THE WIZARD HATH RETURNETH

Mansana

Smash Apprentice
I totally agree with this. I want him playable xD but the devastating thing would be if after all this time, all this teasing (Pic o the day talking about sizes, hinting Ridley, smash direct showing bosses and Ridley´s shadow) he was still unplayable... I think that would be very unprofessional and sad, probably some local fans would go and burn Nintendo´s main headquarters.

Lets just hope he ends being playable and all the haters get what they deserve
All the teasing for him just to be a boss would be disappointing and I'm sure Sakurai knows this. I'm sure he doesn't want to let us down. IIRC in one of interview he said he would treat each Smash Series game as if it were the last one. Not sure where I can source that, but it's based off vague memory.

Sidenote: Get that Syndra x Malz out of your sig. I'll let you know I only supporter of Syndra x Zed, and seeing that just hurts my soul.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
When Ridley is confirmed, somone should make a version of this with Squidward as Ridley, Squilliam as the haters, the band as the other playable characters, spongebob as Sakurai, the crying fans as Mewtwo and King K. Rool, and there should be Ridley banners everywhere. (I'd do it but I have no idea how to make edits like that. And I'm too lazy to learn.)

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
When Ridley is confirmed, somone should make a version of this with Squidward as Ridley, Squilliam as the haters, the band as the other playable characters, spongebob as Sakurai, the fans as Mewtwo and King K. Rool, and there should be Ridley banners everywhere. (I'd do it but I have no idea how to make edits like that. And I'm too lazy to learn.)
Shouldn't Squidward be sakurai and spongebob ridley?

Also as long as Squilliam is Shokio I'm down

Last edited:

Ike the Killer

Smash Cadet
Sometimes I dream about Sakurai comming to this thread, eating popcorn while patting his cat sat on his lap watching us.

It would be veeeery cruel xDDD Pls make Ridley playable if you are reading us Sakuraaaai!

There is a lot of people I have to punch in the face (Not literaly (?) ) once he becomes playable

Sidenote: Get that Syndra x Malz out of your sig. I'll let you know I only supporter of Syndra x Zed, and seeing that just hurts my soul.
Naaah xDD I have very personal reasons for this image and I wont take it away that easily (Btw I also love and support that fancomic shipping Syndra with Zed)

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
Shouldn't Squidward be sakurai and spongebob ridley?

Also as long as Squilliam is Shokio I'm down
Nah, squidward is afraid at the begining, like how Ridley is afraid of being a stage boss, then Spongebob (Sakurai) comes out to show that Ridley has won (and becuase of the ending with Squidward dancing would be perfect for Ridley).

But yeah Shokio should be Squilliam.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Nah, squidward is afraid at the begining, like how Ridley is afraid of being a stage boss, then Spongebob (Sakurai) comes out to show that Ridley has won (and becuase of the ending with Squidward dancing).
I see it more as Sakurai (Squidward) is worried about revealing Ridley (Spongebob). But then he shows the haters and the fans are happy leaving sakurai to celebrate a successful reveal

Last edited:

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
@ IsmaR IsmaR : Metaphorical forty lashes acknowledged, I apologize to the thread at large for forgetting myself.

To everyone else: This is your daily reminder that RIDLEY IS 100% IN and LEAKS ARE 100% FAKE unless Sakurai corroborates otherwise! Anyone expressing doubts is to report to High Command for deprogramming and summary execution. :evil:

We have three weeks left. Fifteen PotD. Fifteen more shots in the magazine for this game of Russian roulette. Logic dictates they're all blanks, that our Commander will be revealed as playable in the interim, that we shall be vindicated in the end. Let's wait until the shot is fired before we lose our minds, shall we?

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
@ IsmaR IsmaR : Metaphorical forty lashes acknowledged, I apologize to the thread at large for forgetting myself.

To everyone else: This is your daily reminder that RIDLEY IS 100% IN and LEAKS ARE 100% FAKE unless Sakurai corroborates otherwise! Anyone expressing doubts is to report to High Command for deprogramming and summary execution. :evil:

We have three weeks left. Fifteen PotD. Fifteen more shots in the magazine for this game of Russian roulette. Logic dictates they're all blanks, that our Commander will be revealed as playable in the interim, that we shall be vindicated in the end. Let's wait until the shot is fired before we lose our minds, shall we?
Don't forget we're probably going to have a Nintendo Direct and Smash Bros. Direct to sit through as well.

TKraix

Smash Rookie
I do have a good feeling for the upcoming week (in relationship to Ridley)... i don't know why.. that feeling suddenly came across me

Top Bottom