• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
For Ridley's Final Smash, the Space Dragon could have a combination of :4greninja: and :4myfriends:...Allow me to explain.

1) Ridley grabs an enemy and tosses them into the air....(OR perform a back-flip tail somersault, sending the enemy into the air with a powerful upper-cut tail whip).

2) Ridley flies and multi-gashes through the enemy at incredible speed from various random directions (4~6 times)

3) For a finisher, Ridley hovers inches above the victim mid-air and arches his head while taking a deep breath.....and then unleashes a huge fireball, enveloping the enemy and send them falling towards the ground......The fireball-enveloped victim crashes onto the ground and the fireball explodes, sending the enemy flying...along with any other enemies caught in the blast radius.
Eh. It...I don't know. It could actually work considering it fits Ridley's merciless and relentless fighting style, and I could see something like this in the game. Just a lot more chaotic, with blasts of plasma fired randomly between slashes. It should be a final smash that properly represents him, and compensates for all the power that Playabley may have lost due to the curse of balancing.
Well, unless he pulls a Meta-Knight.

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
Yes, this. Does anybody else find it odd how they would call it "giant" when the shadow itself is quite small? This really does seem to be hinting at playable Ridley if they just lied about a giant shadow...
They are just talking in layman terms. They haven't read this thread, and are not aware of how small the shadow is.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Guys, I can't get the image of Ridley sporting a tanooki tail out of my head..
That would look amazing. I am now waiting for tanooki-Ridley

Does kind of bring up the question of how :4charizard::4diddy::4fox::4pikachu::4yoshi: would look since they have tails too. Does it get replaced or do they just have two tails?

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Ok, how's this for the size of Paperly? (tip of head at top pencil, toes at bottom pencil)
image.jpg

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
For Ridley's Final Smash, the Space Dragon could have a combination of :4greninja: and :4myfriends:...Allow me to explain.

1) Ridley grabs an enemy and tosses them into the air....(OR perform a back-flip tail somersault, sending the enemy into the air with a powerful upper-cut tail whip).

2) Ridley flies and multi-gashes through the enemy at incredible speed from various random directions (4~6 times)

3) For a finisher, Ridley hovers inches above the victim mid-air and arches his head while taking a deep breath.....and then unleashes a huge fireball, enveloping the enemy and send them falling towards the ground......The fireball-enveloped victim crashes onto the ground and the fireball explodes, sending the enemy flying...along with any other enemies caught in the blast radius.
That's a really good idea. When I started reading this, I thought you were going to suggest something like Tabuu's Rapid Chop.

I wonder if that could work on Ridley...

Last edited:

Shinru202

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shinryu2
3DS FC
2809-8719-6664
Eh. It...I don't know. It could actually work considering it fits Ridley's merciless and relentless fighting style, and I could see something like this in the game. Just a lot more chaotic, with blasts of plasma fired randomly between slashes. It should be a final smash that properly represents him, and compensates for all the power that Playabley may have lost due to the curse of balancing..
The Final Smash DOES represent Ridley's vicious nature.

CHUBUNATO

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CHUBUNATO
3DS FC
2277-6893-1304
That would look amazing. I am now waiting for tanooki-Ridley

Does kind of bring up the question of how :4charizard::4diddy::4fox::4pikachu::4yoshi: would look since they have tails too. Does it get replaced or do they just have two tails?
It might be just one huge tail that covers up the one they already have.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So guys. I have a question. As some of you may know, I do a lot of paper smash bros character art stuff, but I have yet to make Ridley. this is due to me not wanting to have to remake him in case I guess his design wrong.
From the shadow analysis and stuff, does Ridley look like Roidley or Conceptly, or a fusion? I needs to know
Oh really?

You just convinced me so I'l answer:

Considering the paper artstyle being almost without gradient and very bright colors with clear delimitation and outlines, I'll say you should use the concept art one. It's probably rodley design on the clip, but since the concept art is imo a brighter version of his other m design, I guess it's similar enough.

Or, you just wait his reveal :)

But tbh, I didn't know you were doing that.

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
Thsnk you. But even if you say that I didn't failed, I feel like I did, making so many people wait for it and in fear trying to avoid it...was a BIG fail for myself as a designer to be, because if I couldn't take this responsability, I doubt I'm going to be able to take any in the professional life if I ever reach it.

And I'm really glad you like my Ridley stuff, project or not. Then again, I'm sorry about all this.
That actually gave me a weird idea. There's an obscure cliché scene where the camera is strolling an empty house with 50s music playing on the radio. The camera then slowly zooms in on a black & white portrait showing a whole bunch of people behind one man, who is probably the highlight of the photo.

What if we did something like that with us supporters as the ambiguous people, while Ridley and Roidley are at the very front? There will be a text on the frame saying "Ridley for SSB4 thread: 2012-2014." This should be a really good image whether or not we win this fight. :)

Blackflamedragon

Smash Apprentice
No. Too late to be outed as a boss. Pattern is already established, Ridley is playable.
Now I want him playable just as much as you do but that's a step too far we can not just assume he's playable because of his patter of movement but it is very important to note his movement yes but we can't base our pure argument on that factor alone now the size is also important
But we don't know for sure until we have hard core evidence

Last edited:

AbioFlesh

Smash Lord
I think the reason they are taking long with revealing Ridley is because of all the work that is to be done with him. Alt skins, animations, tweaking any issues with them. I mean you've got to admit, Ridley has a very complex design compared to the other characters. I do a lot of character modelling and I can tell you making an organic-looking character takes a lot of work. If he were a stage boss the devs wouldn't have to worry about that stuff as much and we would probably have seen him by now.

Just a thought.

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
I do enjoy how everyone assumes that it'll be Roidley if he's in. What exactly is the reason to think this. The game is all about fan service, if the fans want Super Metroid's Ridley, what's to say that wouldn't go for that instead? They may have made some alterations, but surely if Roidley isn't want the fans were asking for they wouldn't go for that.
because samus has her other M appearance... and what we've seen of ridley, which was just his tail, so far... is of other M ridley's.

it stands to reason that ridley's appearance would be his other M version.

he MIGHT have other versions as alternate outfits, if that is even possible to do with him, but i am betting his default appearance is the other M version.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
because samus has her other M appearance... and what we've seen of ridley, which was just his tail, so far... is of other M ridley's.

he MIGHT have other versions as alternate outfits, if that is even possible to do with him, but i am betting his default appearance is the other M version.
Other M is the most recent instance, with the easiest model to integrate (if all else fails, semi-clone of Donkey Kong). But he won't have other instances as alts, they're too different from Other M's model.

At this point the only absolutes during this period of speculation are Sakurai himself and absolute fools.

Don't succumb to absolutes if you're not Sakurai.
So, seeing as I highly doubt you're Sakurai, that must make you an absolute fool?

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord

Conceptley shares the tail, so that version has some merit too.

At this point the only absolutes during this period of speculation are Sakurai himself and absolute fools.

Pretty much this. Keep your hype down boys. The final stretch is by far the harshest. And also very, very boring.

Blackflamedragon

Smash Apprentice
Double Post Warning Received

Thank you

Your right sorry

Last edited by a moderator:

Crainy

Smash Apprentice
Eh. It...I don't know. It could actually work considering it fits Ridley's merciless and relentless fighting style, and I could see something like this in the game. Just a lot more chaotic, with blasts of plasma fired randomly between slashes. It should be a final smash that properly represents him, and compensates for all the power that Playabley may have lost due to the curse of balancing.

Well, unless he pulls a Meta-Knight.
Made an account just to comment on this.

OH MY GOD, CAN YOU IMAGINE THAT?!

Its like Ridley gets revealed and everyone is like whooo and the haters are like meeeh and then the game is out and he is like OP as **** and top tier and has all the recovery options??? And he would be number 1 on tier list and everyone would play Ridley in tournaments and he wins all the prize money and Ridley is everywhere and there will be discussions wether to ban Ridley or not and all the haters are like GOD SCREW RIDLEY HE SO OP!!!!!11111

I not only want Ridley to be in the game now, I want him to be in the game AND OP as hell just to see that happening.

Maybe Sakurai is trying to tell us something else with the Meta Knight related Ridley teases....

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
I wonder what Ridley would look like riding the Dragoon......
He wouldn't ride it, simple as that. He would hold it as if it was some sort of zip line hang thing. You know, the kind of thing that super spy people use to escape from buildings to avoid social interactions. They are very shy.

Its like Ridley gets revealed and everyone is like whooo and the haters are like meeeh and then the game is out and he is like OP as **** and top tier and has all the recovery options??? And he would be number 1 on tier list and everyone would play Ridley in tournaments and he wins all the prize money and Ridley is everywhere and there will be discussions wether to ban Ridley or not and all the haters are like GOD SCREW RIDLEY HE SO OP!!!!!11111

I not only want Ridley to be in the game now, I want him to be in the game AND OP as hell just to see that happening.

Maybe Sakurai is trying to tell us something else with the Meta Knight related Ridley teases....
Heheh. Well, I actually hope he is somewhat balanced. I mean, seeing Ridley in tournaments doing combos and being awesome to watch would be great. Banned, well, not so much.

Blackflamedragon

Smash Apprentice

I think that you may be on to something here

Soon we we'll know all the characters

Last edited by a moderator:

Blackflamedragon

Smash Apprentice
Super smash bros well be out in japan soon we will see the full roster and all our suspicions we'll be confermed

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
I actually think Ridley might be the top character in the game. Would be pretty cool, but I hope he doesn't get banned from tournaments like Meta Knight was.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Can I get that translation?
I don't have the exact translations, but the first translation was along the lines of "Pyrosphere may look like a regular stage, but it isn't", then it was re-translated as "Pyrosphere is a fairly regular stage".

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Are there any new leaks?
Oh, don't trust leaks. Some of them you may accept as possible, just like you accept someone as an superior but keep a vibro-dagger within arm's reach at all times. Don't trust them.

I don't have the exact translations, but the first translation was along the lines of "Pyrosphere may look like a regular stage, but it isn't", then it was re-translated as "Pyrosphere is a fairly regular stage".
Japanese, why do you have to be so obnoxiously incompatible with English?!

Last edited:

Re4perWolf

Smash Rookie
So after dealing with my first ridley detractor (im so proud of my minor achievement) i decided to final register and join my fellow ridley suporters. Im also new to thee smash boards so please go easy on me ;-;

Top Bottom