• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Crocovile

Smash Apprentice
BaganSmashBros said:
Now i need someone to tell me why Ridley's Anthony's Plasma Beam wound is RED while his blood is GREEN and every other wound is GREEN?
That's just Other M being a horribly inconsistent game, nothing new there.

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, people on KnowYourMeme hate Ridley with a passion for some reason, I wish I knew why. Most Ridley supporters there kept quite, but I tend to speak out about it. When you got an opinion, you got to stand by it no matter how much hate you get for it.
try to not double post next time okay? if you wanna reply to something but no one else has commented after you, just click reply to the comment your replying to, copy it, click edit on your message, and respond to it there. :)

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
It's a plasma wound, it burned. Why would a burn be green? :p

Also, Other M isn't inconsistent so much as shoehorned into a spot in the timeline it has no business being, for no other reason than Sakamoto not being able to make calls forward to Fusion as easily as Zero Mission and Super Metroid if he had placed it where it should have been, i.e. before Zero Mission. :facepalm:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Oh yeah. And scientists also bleed green blood for some reason, unless Birdley apparently wounds itself while eating.
Or was that something else? I don't even know.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
Oh yeah. And scientists also bleed green blood for some reason, unless Birdley apparently wounds itself while eating.
He's seen eating fruits, too. Also, have you seen his teeth? It's very possible he bites his tongue/lips/cheeks when he gets too excited over a meal.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Because it was green when Anthony hit adolescent Ridley.
Or was that something else? I don't even know.
I never understood that. Failed censoring attempt, like green Primal Rage and Mortal Kombat blood?

Also, why does Little Birdie's husk has blood on it? There is even some blood leaking from his eyes...
Same person as I am on every site: TheBrainJemin
Ok then. I found you on the list. Even same icon as here.

Last edited:

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman

Fine.

Lucina.

Happy?

Really though. I've seen things.

This leak is true. I cannot stress this fact.
...have we really reached the point where the MODS are talking about leaks being true, now?

oh, god... this is hell.

anyway... i am hanging on by a thread, basically... if i dont see something... ANYTHING... actually confirming ridley's status soon... i might just try to forget about smash bros. entirely, because this is actually driving me insane.

Last edited:

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
I never understood that. Failed censoring attempt, like green Primal Rage and Mortal Kombat blood?
Also plausible! Assume stupidity, not malice.

Also, why does Little Birdie's husk has blood on it? There is even some blood leaking from his eyes...
Because Ridley's species apparently has a life cycle comparable to a Xenomorph?

also, WHICH leak are you so adamant about... i cant even count how many of them people are going nuts over.
Ignore him. This so-called "leak" is fake. In fact, there are no leaks. Ever.

This thread belongs only to Our Glorious Commander and you shall restrict your chatter to him.

There is no war in Ba Sing Se.

Last edited:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Anyone sees the hint of Ridley is this week PotD? I mean I just might be me and I'm probably seeing this my self and I'm mostly likely wrong to these hints but...

Monday showed an Assist Trophy that was "BIG"
Tuesday showed something toward the Metroid Series
Wednsday showed something about Treasures which you can also relate to Pirates (Space Pirate)
And lastly Thursday showed a villain being as an Assist Trophy...

It just might be me but I have a hunce that the Ridley situation is going to be finally resolved tomorrow or later on.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
@ AndreaAC AndreaAC relax, take some deep breaths and try to stay calm. I sympathise with you, getting used to a tablet wasn't easy for me either when I first got one. I too get annoyed when I suddenly see a big straight line where there isn't supposed to be one, does whatever program you use have a history feature? Because those help a lot.
Yeah, I think I should. I have been using the tablet to specifically to draw (I mean specifically because I have used it to trace typography....in which I failed also...) for a few days....and I really try to refuse to get back to the traditional methods...but it is annoying. Also, my coordination with my left hand while looking at the laptop's screen is terrible...always shaking, I feel my hand is going to slip.And yup, it does have that option...I have used hundreds of times just to make 1 drawing...

F2A571_0D609139B2ECE_000.gif

Um...Yeah...Ridley....looking at the internet....because....he doesn't have anything better to do....killing stuff later...

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
...have we really reached the point where the MODS are talking about leaks being true, now?

oh, god... this is hell.

also, WHICH leak are you so adamant about... i cant even count how many of them people are going nuts over.
:drmario: Doctor Mario = New Main :drmario:
-----------
I just realized Ridley isn't the only thing from Metroid that is "Too Big".

I'm pretty sure these things are usually smaller.
"Metroid 1 you can't count that because of hardware limitations...
But Super Metroid;
*GASP*
METROID'S, BIG AS ****! WHO'D OF THUNK IT?"

I love poking fun at Shokio. :039:

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
Ok then. I found you on the list. Even same icon as here.
I have the same Icon and name everywhere. I AM EVERYWHERE.

Anyways, I was thinking: We have another Metroid anniversary on the 27th, and it happens to be the same day that Earthboud (aka Mother 2) was released in North America. Maybe we will get a Ness and Ridley reveal then? I like the sound of it!

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
"Metroid 1 you can't count that because of hardware limitations...
But Super Metroid;
*GASP*
METROID'S, BIG AS ****! WHO'D OF THUNK IT?"

I love poking fun at Shokio. :039:
Even though we had things like Godzilla Monster of Monsters with its large Godzilla and co. sprites.

"Super Metroid you can't count that because of hardware limitations...
But Metroid Other M;
*GASP*
PHANTOON'S, BIG AS GALACTUS' ****! WHO'D OF THUNK IT?"
Seriously, look at how small Phantoon is and then look at that:

You can barely see Ridley here while still being unable to fully see Phantoon. This is his size in Other M, 1:1. I made him and other models 4x bigger to make it easier to zoom in, but even if i would resize ONLY Ridley to be 4x bigger, Phantoon would still be close to his size.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

Anyways, I was thinking: We have another Metroid anniversary on the 27th, and it happens to be the same day that Earthboud (aka Mother 2) was released in North America. Maybe we will get a Ness and Ridley reveal then? I like the sound of it!
...You know what else is on the 27th?
The release of the Mercedes Benz DLC for Mario Kart 8.
Ridley + Ness + Doctor Mario trailer confirmed. :V
*grabs all the straws*
-----------
Even though we had things like Godzilla Monster of Monsters with its large Godzilla and co. sprites.

"Super Metroid you can't count that because of hardware limitations...
But Metroid Other M;
*GASP*
PHANTOON'S, BIG AS GALACTUS' ****! WHO'D OF THUNK IT?"
Seriously, look at how small Phantoon is and then look at that:

You can barely see Ridley here while still being unable to fully see Phantoon. This is his size in Other M, 1:1. I made him and other models 4x bigger to make it easier to zoom in, but even if i would resize ONLY Ridley to be 4x bigger, Phantoon would still be close to his size.
*squints eyes* Ridley is... where?
*Notices his wings* Oh, there he is. Look at the tiny little Ridley. He's like a plushie. I wanna squeeze it.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I just realized Ridley isn't the only thing from Metroid that is "Too Big".

I'm pretty sure these things are usually smaller.
Obviously it's the baby with the size it grew to at Tourian in Super Metroid. It won't stop draining the victim unless it realizes at the last second that the victim is its mother (or the step-father who stole it a.k.a. Ridley), which Pit there won't be so lucky.

Heh...heh....nice joke.... :3

I mean....I did that with my PRECIOUS Ridley coasters....but I think the pen tool is way painful than the brush tool.....
Thanks, I guess?

Yeah, it is. Not gonna lie. Generally try to avoid using it at times when I can, but sometimes it's a necessary evil.

Also, Other M isn't inconsistent so much as shoehorned into a spot in the timeline it has no business being, for no other reason than Sakamoto not being able to make calls forward to Fusion as easily as Zero Mission and Super Metroid if he had placed it where it should have been, i.e. before Zero Mission. :facepalm:
If Other M was placed before Zero Mission, Samus's freakout at Roidley would've made even less sense than it already did. Could see M:OM being placed right after Zero Mission though; then the PTSD scene could've made more sense, because it would be like "I thought I already killed you for good once back on Zebes!", instead of "I've beaten you like 5 times before, yet I'm freaking out at your return anyway!".

Also, Other M being placed around the time of Zero Mission (whether before or after) is interesting in the sense that there either could've been two Ridleys, or the clone would've just been temporary while the real Ridley was still covering, or still turning into Meta-Ridley.

Because it was green when Anthony hit adolescent Ridley.

That reminds me, the dying space pirates in the first Prime on the Frigate Orpheon were given green blood or something instead of red to avoid the game having an M rating. Maybe that was the reason Roidley was given green blood, aside from it being a trend for reptile characters (heh, unintended Mortal Kombat pun).

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

We are due a generic Nintendo Direct this month...
Screw it, ND on the 27th with a reveal for not one but two Metroid games (Prime 4 and Metroid Dread (or whatever Metroid V will be called)) and a Ridley trailer.

Yay for wishful thinking and my first post.

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
Nintendo recently mentioned work on a new Metroid game was being thought about. This was not the case 2 years ago when the roster was decided. I don't have answers for everything. I think 2 characters is too much for the Kid Icarus series personally. I don't know Sakurai's thought process. He's definitely biased. Everyone is. That's being human. But I'm not going to let a decision about a video game anger me in real life, especially something so minor when I'm still going to love playing said game. In the scheme of things, it isn't all that big.
And I won't be angry if ridley isn't in the game, I will simply don't buy it because it wouldn't interest me at all

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Sorry I haven't been able to post much.

Arguing leaks. #JustCon0rrrrThings

But that Ghirahim deconfirmation? Another tally on Ridley's chart.

iamresh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
VivillonDoe
3DS FC
1891-1659-0237
Screw it, ND on the 27th with a reveal for not one but two Metroid games (Prime 4 and Metroid Dread (or whatever Metroid V will be called)) and a Ridley trailer.

generic welcome and "dont drink the water" coming your way

PerfectChaos9

Smash Cadet

Don't stop there! Prime 4 and Metroid Dread to release simultaneously like Fusion/Prime. LET'S GO!

MrCatEater

Smash Apprentice
It's actually the picture more than the caption. If you look at Meta Knight's wings, they look similar to Ridley's
Yeah I got the wings and evrything but the comment I was responding to mentioned the caption as well so I don't know, but thanks for the help anyway and also I won't respond too much to the spoiler but thanks a bunch for the advice I'll try and start Fusion this weekend if I can I've been kinda swamped lately!

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
...Whew, that's a lot of pages to go through. I think it's safe to say the Ridley might be a bit popular :awesome:

Ridley's another one of those characters who I didn't originally care about, but now I've grown really hyped up for. I think he'd be great. After all, the Metroid series is definitely Nintendo's forgotten series in SSB. The last new character we got was ZSS...who is really the only character, just not in her Stark Industries armor suit. We're LOOOOONG overdue for a new character, and I'd love a villain to come by.

I also think it's suspicious that every other stage hazard (Twinrova, Yellow Devil, Viridi) is mentioned right away, but we get a shadow. I'll admit, the shadow looks pretty bad for a playable version since I don't know what platforms he's jumping from to get Pikachu (unless he's a stage hazard and can grab characters out of the air) but I really want to believe that Ridley is going to be the playable boss we want him to be.

Go Ridley! You're not dead yet! We want to see the ultimate villian smashfest! :bowser2:vs.:ganondorf:vs.:wolf:vs. Ridley!

RidleyDX

Smash Ace
...Whew, that's a lot of pages to go through. I think it's safe to say the Ridley might be a bit popular :awesome:

Ridley's another one of those characters who I didn't originally care about, but now I've grown really hyped up for. I think he'd be great. After all, the Metroid series is definitely Nintendo's forgotten series in SSB. The last new character we got was ZSS...who is really the only character, just not in her Stark Industries armor suit. We're LOOOOONG overdue for a new character, and I'd love a villain to come by.

I also think it's suspicious that every other stage hazard (Twinrova, Yellow Devil, Viridi) is mentioned right away, but we get a shadow. I'll admit, the shadow looks pretty bad for a playable version since I don't know what platforms he's jumping from to get Pikachu (unless he's a stage hazard and can grab characters out of the air) but I really want to believe that Ridley is going to be the playable boss we want him to be.

Go Ridley! You're not dead yet! We want to see the ultimate villian smashfest! :bowser2:vs.:ganondorf:vs.:wolf:vs. Ridley!
Well there you go thread, we have Captain America backing us up now, we can't lose!!

DreadToaster

Smash Rookie
My greatest fear is that Sakurai is terrified to reveal that Ridley is a stage hazard because of the toxic environment surrounding him. It's not unheard of for developers to get death threats. Hell, he's probably seen several already. Sakurai is just going to quietly let people discover that he's not playable via the 3DS version and then he'll flee the country.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
My greatest fear is that Sakurai is terrified to reveal that Ridley is a stage hazard because of the toxic environment surrounding him. It's not unheard of for developers to get death threats. Hell, he's probably seen several already. Sakurai is just going to quietly let people discover that he's not playable via the 3DS version and then he'll flee the country.
So why tease him in the first place?

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Sakurai has already got death threats, just look at the comments on any POTD on Miiverse. Also, I don't think Sakurai's too afraid, as he would've never brought up the possibility of Ridley being a boss in the direct.

TheNerdyOne_

Smash Ace
Not including one of the top requested characters would be a bit counterproductive when trying to create the best character game in the world.

Top Bottom