• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

TheGalaxyKnight

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IRNStudios
I just want to say that I never really thought about Ridley being in Smash 4 until I saw all of the videos and this thread, and mostly because of this thread, my roster has transformed into this:

TheNerdyOne_

Smash Ace
I just want to say that I never really thought about Ridley being in Smash 4 until I saw all of the videos and this thread, and mostly because of this thread, my roster has transformed into this:
Exact same thing happened to me. I hadn't even considered Ridley before Sakurai hinted at him with his shadow. Because of that Direct I'm now actually sort of active in the community, a huge Metroid fan, and really want Ridley in the next game.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
If Other M was placed before Zero Mission, Samus's freakout at Roidley would've made even less sense than it already did.
If Other M was placed before Zero Mission, Samus's freakout at Roidley would make perfect sense, still running off the trauma of his attack on K2-L. Which, I'll remind you, was actually inserted into the scene as the trauma she was recalling! :facepalm:

(unless he's a stage hazard and can grab characters out of the air)
Lack of conviction detected. Please wash your neck and wait in the assigned cubicle for High Command's sentence. :glare:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Apparently even the Metroid wiki says that Crocomire died in a pool of lava, not the acid that it clearly is. Does anyone know what the proper steps would be to edit that? Should I mention the proofs, or just replace the word "lava" with "acid", or what?

Kamiko

Smash Ace
Impa X Ridley?

Ironically enough if @Ridley_Prime hadn't told @Yoshi-Thomas not to ship them I never would've approved this, seeing as how I missed the original Ship Request. :p

So really it's all the fault of thanks to @Ridley_Prime that this was able to happen! :awesome:
I don't think I've ever seen you NOT approve of anything so I think it's pretty safe to say that all ships are Soulless Approved by default.

Not that they get very far with Murasa lurking in the waters...

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Haha, Found a Wi-fi
IMG_0942.PNG

"Do girls like it when you bring them the corpse of their enemy?

I think I should do that

Also what are girls?"

Alternatively

"I am caught between a love triangle between two brothers, one is big and muscular and totally adorable but the other is a space dragon, also they're actually clones and one is a human due to shenanigans involving a fashionable yet, Dusty, Pumpkin."

New movie coming in 20XX

Staring
+AndreaAC

PS It Totally Ends with AndreaACxTheSoulessOne

Last edited:

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
Apparently even the Metroid wiki says that Crocomire died in a pool of lava, not the acid that it clearly is. Does anyone know what the proper steps would be to edit that? Should I mention the proofs, or just replace the word "lava" with "acid", or what?
I guess just edit it to acid, and if they ask for proof, then show all the facts.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
My greatest fear is that Sakurai is terrified to reveal that Ridley is a stage hazard because of the toxic environment surrounding him. It's not unheard of for developers to get death threats. Hell, he's probably seen several already. Sakurai is just going to quietly let people discover that he's not playable via the 3DS version and then he'll flee the country.
They will still find it out and be EVEN MORE PISSED OFF. So, i don't see any reasons for that to be why he didn't revealed his role.
EDIT: i now got next post from DreadToaster - it didn't showed up before...

Last edited:

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
Impa X Ridley?

Ironically enough if @Ridley_Prime hadn't told @Yoshi-Thomas not to ship them I never would've approved this, seeing as how I missed the original Ship Request. :p

So really it's all the fault of thanks to @Ridley_Prime that this was able to happen! :awesome:
UNAPPROVED! Stop Shipping Ridley with People! Imma' feed you to Ridley if I catch you shippin' him with another inferior being!

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
My greatest fear is that Sakurai is terrified to reveal that Ridley is a stage hazard because of the toxic environment surrounding him. It's not unheard of for developers to get death threats. Hell, he's probably seen several already. Sakurai is just going to quietly let people discover that he's not playable via the 3DS version and then he'll flee the country.
Lack of conviction detected. Please wash your neck and wait in your assigned cubicle for High Command's sentence. :evil:

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I guess just edit it to acid, and if they ask for proof, then show all the facts.
Well, apparently the Super Metroid Nintendo Player's Guide refers to the substance as superheated lava. So, despite the differing appearance, different effects, different audio files, and basically looking and acting much more like acid than lava, according to canon, it is a lava variant.

My bad, guys.

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure that this happens to all well-known content creators. That, and people sending death threats over a character not being playable is hilarious and should probably be shown off on twitter to all the world.
Besides, if he IS playable he will get death threats from the people that DIDN'T want him in.

D

Deleted member

RIDLEY THREAD OTP.

Which reminds me I haven't made that official yet:

@ AndreaAC AndreaAC X @The Soulless One ?

Bound together until the end of time! :awesome:

@ AndreaAC AndreaAC don't deny it, I know you just like to play hard to get. ;)

UNAPPROVED! Stop Shipping Ridley with People! Imma' feed you to Ridley if I catch you shippin' him with another inferior being!
Oh please, I run Ridley's Shipping Department, my Shipping Word is Law.

Even Ridley knows that, silly. :p

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Having Ridley playable is a Win for both sides. We (The Ridley supporters) get Ridley in the game after wanting him in the game since the reveal and the haters get their punching bag in training mode. But they'll still whine that he's in the game over one time characters like Rundas and Sylux, both of which whilst cool (is that a pun I see?) don't have a lot to do with the series at this point in time. Rundas was a temporary ally and boss in Prime 3 and Sylux was one of the playable Hunters in Prime Hunters with a possible appearance at the end of Prime 3 which hasn't been extended upon yet. Whereas Ridley pretty much made Samus what she is during his raid on her planet.

Weavel

Smash Ace
Look at all this support, its just crazy this much demand, this much passion.

This can only end in a great victory or a devastating loss.

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
The home stretch!!! I fully except either

1. A veteran is shown tomorrow

2. Sakurai announces that he will show a newcomer on monday

3. Nintendo announces on monday of wednesday that there will be a direct on tuesday or thursday

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
...And people say Science Team has vapor for brains? :p
I can attest that the Science Team has, in fact, had vapor for brains at one point. Luckily they reworked the safety regulations to avoid such nonsense from happening again.

Look at all this support, its just crazy this much demand, this much passion.

This can only end in a great victory or a devastating loss.
Or in more ships than Andrea has AC gifs for to react to angrily.

3. Nintendo announces on monday of wednesday that there will be a direct on tuesday or thursday
Surely that trailer must be announced someday. I mean, 3 or so weeks left? And there is still at least one trailer. Come on Sakurai, bless us with those heavenly words and just give the damn trailer already.

Last edited:

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
RIDLEY THREAD OTP.

Which reminds me I haven't made that official yet:

@ AndreaAC AndreaAC X @The Soulless One ?

Bound together until the end of time! :awesome:

@ AndreaAC AndreaAC don't deny it, I know you just like to play hard to get. ;)

Oh please, I run Ridley's Shipping Department, my Shipping Word is Law.

Even Ridley knows that, silly. :p
You Sicken Me, Pitiful Earth-Monkey! Get in his filthy, ravenous mouth so he can digest you like the little sack of earth-meats you are! RIDLEY DOES NOT LOVE! HE KILLS AS MUCH AS HE CAN, AND HAS FUN WHILE DOING IT!

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I can attest that the Science Team has, in fact, had vapor for brains at one point. Luckily they reworked the safety regulations.
Not all of those instances were due to safety issues.

Some of it was disciplinary action, after all.

Surely that trailer must be announced someday. I mean, 3 or so weeks left? And there is still at least one trailer. Come on Sakurai, bless us with those heavenly words and just give the damn trailer already.
We'll get a trailer the week before, count on it.

I'm just hoping we get one this month as well.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
I love the new title of this thread.

And since I'm here, I'll also say that I support Ridley. I already wanted him pre-Brawl, but, well...

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

1. :drmario:
2. Ridley
3. Ridley + :drmario:
*keeps grabbing straws*

We'll get a trailer the week before, count on it.

I'm just hoping we get one this month as well.
Agreed.
You Sicken Me, Pitiful Earth-Monkey! Get in his filthy, ravenous mouth so he can digest you like the little sack of earth-meats you are! RIDLEY DOES NOT LOVE! HE KILLS AS MUCH AS HE CAN, AND HAS FUN WHILE DOING IT!
Hail Ridley

Mewtwoultima

Smash Apprentice
We should and hopefully get a Nintendo direct soon... Plus it would be nice if Ice Climbers or Lucas were revealed tomorrow. Especially Ice Climbers. I feel like they're a shoe in due to the Polar Bear Pic of the day being removed shortly after being shown accidentally.

Give me a badass Ridley trailer so we can all rejoice!

D

Deleted member

You brought this on yourself:

@ RidleyKraid187 RidleyKraid187 X Ridley Shipping?

Also Ridley does love, he's just incredibly narcissistic and is a completely hardcore tsundere who happens to show his love through violence most of the time also he's really into BDSM because of his penchant for violence. :p

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I'm definitely making a mistake trying to predict Sakurai but I feel that if he were to show us Ridley's fate he would do it this month for two reasons.

1. The Pyrosphere pic was this month last year although he didn't crush us by saying he was a stage boss yesterday. Might be an irrelevant point but I'll keep it.

2. August and Metroid pretty much go hand in hand with several Metroid anniversaries in August. Most of which are in the coming week. So why not do so on one of those days? Answer: Sakurai is a Troll.

So we should learn his fate very soon. Can't say it'll definitely be good but this thread and several other videos on the subject have me confident Ridley is playable.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Lack of conviction detected. Please wash your neck and wait in your assigned cubicle for High Command's sentence. :evil:
No. >:|
I'ma ****in' support Doctor Mario weither ye like it or not. >:U
YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!
I MAY SUPPORT RIDLEY, BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN
YOU CAN BOSS ME AROUND LIKE THAT! >:V *slapz*

Also Ridley does love, he's just incredibly narcissistic and is a completely hardcore tsundere who happens to show his love through violence most of the time also he's really into BDSM because of his penchant for violence. :p
Ridley does love something.
He loves to kill. :troll:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
You Sicken Me, Pitiful Earth-Monkey!
As opposed to Zebes-monkeys.

Eh, that doesn't really count. I mean, then every department has had vapor for brains at some point.
Come to think of it, killing of capable but occasionally clumsy members seems like a waste of manpower. Well, at least Ridley eats them. I guess it gives the janitors something to do other than swabbing the mess halls.

What about Ridley Support Thread x IsmaR?
It's probably a love/hate relationship.

BeakyBird

Smash Apprentice
Sure Ridley loves. It's his own brand of love. Like this chocolate tart beside me! I love it, it makes me so happy. But in order to love it truly, I must devour it. Now just imagine a tart that begs for mercy while you eat it too! That is Ridley's love for us. He loves and accepts us, detractors and supporters alike! So remember, next time a toobigot says his catch-phrase, just say "I accept your opinion. And so does Ridley."

Also his mouth is not filthy. As the resident Space-pirate biologist, I can attest that it would be a personal failure of mine should his mouth not be in ideal working order. It's actually quite minty-fresh!

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859

I fully expect Luigi's nose and a part of Marth's forearm.

Sure Ridley loves. It's his own brand of love. Like this chocolate tart beside me! I love it, it makes me so happy. But in order to love it truly, I must devour it. Now just imagine a tart that begs for mercy while you eat it too! That is Ridley's love for us. He loves and accepts us, detractors and supporters alike! So remember, next time a toobigot says his catch-phrase, just say "I accept your opinion. And so does Ridley."
So does he love the flavor, the pain, or the fear?

Last edited:

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
WHOA, 32 Users at once?!

Oh, How am I gonna break the news to my Girlfriend?! According to this soulless monster, I am Gay with a fearsome alien dragon who I am pretty sure WOULD RATHER KILL ME THAN LOVE ME! Stop this madness at once, Human Worm-Baby, or I shall enact the most horrendous Doom upon your squishy Head that is disturbingly large!

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
As opposed to Zebes-monkeys.
They're called "Etecoons", I believe.

Eh, that doesn't really count. I mean, then every department has had vapor for brains at some point.
Come to think of it, killing of capable but occasionally clumsy members seems like a waste of manpower. Well, at least Ridley eats them. I guess it gives the janitors something to do other than swabbing the mess halls.
How else can we inspire our staff to do their best?

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Impa X Ridley?

Haha, Found a Wi-fi
View attachment 22495

"Do girls like it when you bring them the corpse of their enemy?

I think I should do that

Also what are girls?"

Alternatively

"I am caught between a love triangle between two brothers, one is big and muscular and totally adorable but the other is a space dragon, also they're actually clones and one is a human due to shenanigans involving a fashionable yet, Dusty, Pumpkin."

New movie coming in 20XX

Staring
+AndreaAC

Soulless....Dusty.....You two called for it....
Assassin-s-Creed-3-the-assassins-31881113-610-343.gif

Now you both die....

SIGH.....I CAN'T EVEN GO TO SLEEP FOR HALF AN HOUR WITHOUT THE SHIPPING?! AND I GET SHIPPED WITH SOULLESS? AGAIN?!

Last edited:
Top Bottom