• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

RidleyDX

Smash Ace
We need to stay together. Do not lose hope!

Come on guys! Sing along!

Ridlwus magna! Ridlwus ignis! Mox eris præda Ridlwus, Deo mors!

(This is possibly very inaccurate, but who cares, it still sound cool!)
I'am getting a Sephiroth vibe from this.... I can dig it :denzel:

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
I haven't looked the stages, regarding wario, by the way its placed Game and Watch, the "hand" you see overlapping is just an image build in your mind due to teh continuity of a very strong diagonal and some white pixels that give you an insinuation of a known form in Game and watch hand. perception and optical illusions work that way, that "hand" could just be warios jacket, and wario's pupil is just behind his big nose. there are some pixels that indicate this.

My posture regarding the leak, is that if it is fake is actually amazingly made. with a some serious manwork hours put into it, so it's higly unlikely (not imposible) someone would spent the time to do it. (and I would still be amazed at the quality of shulk and ness images)

Sadly most reasons i've seen against the leak aren't actually good (specially making sense of teh roster and stuff, if anything, someone who would do a fake roster probably would choose a safe bet as mewtwo and wouldn't cut a safe bet as Ice Climber) (or clones being grouped together (if anything I think this makes more sense).

Regarding the whole players don't have levels, let me ask you, what do we know about Amiibos and the exact way they work and you select them? almost nothing. if there is at least one confirmed variable of what we know very little about, what makes us think that we know all the quirks and details that will be new on this game? thats why that is hardly any conclusive evidence.

while Dr mario and bowser jr renders look very similar to actual officials renders, the fact that they are official renders but still not completly the same (at least bowser junior isn't) wouldn't be that strange considering the posture could have been used as a source while creating the posture.

With that i want to point the singlest stronger piece of evidence against the leak that is a source image of the DhD render that isn´t official. with that said, the problem is that how it was posted, the source haven't been cited, its pretty bad quality (to the points that looks faker than the leak itself) and was created AFTER the leak, (google image search doesn't point anything) So if the source of that image don't appear, That evidence is as good as nothing. ( I personally see some familiarity with that image, but i don't recall where the **** i would have seen it, and since the way memory work, I only need to have seen a "similar" image and not remember it well, for my brain to "fill teh gaps" and tell me that was the same image I saw). so yeah, we still need proof there :c .

Regarding teh clearly fake gameplay screens taht also surfaced, do we have proof they come from the very same leaker?

Please be noted that even if the leak turns real i won't be dropping either Mewtwo not Ridley support. in teh context of the leak in fact mewtwo is still a mistery.and If ridley isn't in, then we need to be fierce on a DLC campaign. but I won't adhere to sloppy arguments if i see them, being them pro ridley or not ._.
IsmaR is coming for you.

BeakyBird

Smash Apprentice
Any other newcomer would pale in the limelight, though. I'm thinking Mewtwo is the only other one who could survive that trailer.

Also, replace Shulk with Isaac, because Isaac is a much better choice.
I honestly disagree. Not about the characters... I don't know Shulk or Isaac. But more about paling characters. I know "we" like the idea of Ridley that much, but I'm sure there are plenty of fans for Shulk/Isaac as well. So to us, we have that moment of shock, but I'm sure there are many, many others that love Shulk/Isaac enough that Ridley in no way detracts from their desired hero.

Mewtwo is an odd one, to be sure. He's sort of a newcomer, sort of a veteran. A big site of controversy, ie: "Is he relevant now that Lucario exists" and "he's so different and deserves a spot" debate. If you want my honest opinion, I doubt they'd take on two huuuuuge internet debates in a single direct. They detract from each other. A Shulk/Isaac confirmation starts off as a positive note, then ends on a "whoa wait... really??" Having Mewtwo AND Ridley in the same trailer...

Well, the biggest issue is that nintendo won't want to show the inevitable nomming of Mewtwo by the god that is Ridley. ;D

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
I haven't looked the stages, regarding wario, by the way its placed Game and Watch, the "hand" you see overlapping is just an image build in your mind due to teh continuity of a very strong diagonal and some white pixels that give you an insinuation of a known form in Game and watch hand. perception and optical illusions work that way, that "hand" could just be warios jacket, and wario's pupil is just behind his big nose. there are some pixels that indicate this.

My posture regarding the leak, is that if it is fake is actually amazingly made. with a some serious manwork hours put into it, so it's higly unlikely (not imposible) someone would spent the time to do it. (and I would still be amazed at the quality of shulk and ness images)

Sadly most reasons i've seen against the leak aren't actually good (specially making sense of teh roster and stuff, if anything, someone who would do a fake roster probably would choose a safe bet as mewtwo and wouldn't cut a safe bet as Ice Climber) (or clones being grouped together (if anything I think this makes more sense).

Regarding the whole players don't have levels, let me ask you, what do we know about Amiibos and the exact way they work and you select them? almost nothing. if there is at least one confirmed variable of what we know very little about, what makes us think that we know all the quirks and details that will be new on this game? thats why that is hardly any conclusive evidence.

while Dr mario and bowser jr renders look very similar to actual officials renders, the fact that they are official renders but still not completly the same (at least bowser junior isn't) wouldn't be that strange considering the posture could have been used as a source while creating the posture.

With that i want to point the singlest stronger piece of evidence against the leak that is a source image of the DhD render that isn´t official. with that said, the problem is that how it was posted, the source haven't been cited, its pretty bad quality (to the points that looks faker than the leak itself) and was created AFTER the leak, (google image search doesn't point anything) So if the source of that image don't appear, That evidence is as good as nothing. ( I personally see some familiarity with that image, but i don't recall where the **** i would have seen it, and since the way memory work, I only need to have seen a "similar" image and not remember it well, for my brain to "fill teh gaps" and tell me that was the same image I saw). so yeah, we still need proof there :c .

Regarding teh clearly fake gameplay screens taht also surfaced, do we have proof they come from the very same leaker?

Please be noted that even if the leak turns real i won't be dropping either Mewtwo not Ridley support. in teh context of the leak in fact mewtwo is still a mistery.and If ridley isn't in, then we need to be fierce on a DLC campaign. but I won't adhere to sloppy arguments if i see them, being them pro ridley or not ._.
Perhaps this isn't on topic.

Please exit through depicted window.

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Keep the subject of your chatter on Our Glorious Commander, buddy, or we'll report you to High Command. :grrr:
sorry, it's not like i didn't saw that message considering i wasn't going to read another 30 pages of this massive thread discussing how would be the ridley reveal trailer or how amazing would be a hybrid ridley model.... again... and again... and again

I apologize... although i already made my points, so i will not bring the topic again

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
NO MORE LEAK SPEAK PLEASE.

*ahem*
If you wouldn't mind I'd like to not see the Rildey Thread of legend be closed by some dumb leak.

Back.
To.
Ridley.

Last edited:

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
Well, the biggest issue is that nintendo won't want to show the inevitable nomming of Mewtwo by the god that is Ridley. ;D
No, see, Mewtwo's the only one that might stand a fighting chance against our Commander! Not human, but so much more... a worthy opponent, if you will. The only other possible rival is Ganondorf, and he's more likely to work WITH us~

PeterJude

Smash Ace

The fake gameplay screen has to have been the same source as it used a higher quality version of the Ganondorf picture in the CSS screens. It's also the one that contains the 'disablad' error (keep in mind earlier builds clearly showed it saying 'disabled', there is no reasonable reason for it to contain this error). If that one is that, the lot of them are.

In terms of errors on the CSS though, the use of the wrong model for Mr Game & Watch is fairly bizarre, and there's numerous smaller issues with it.

Keep in mind with that though even with the images being more than likely fake, it doesn't invalidate the information, as it seems to be based on a more credible leak (apart from the DLC part, which seems to be attached solely to the fake images, which Nintendo themselves already said wasn't planned, and wouldn't be thought about prior to release).

Last edited:

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
What is this about a MK pic and what does it have to do with Ridley?
Well. There's a picture of Meta Knight that was shown by Nintendo of Europe today. It's Meta Knight with a Smash Ball absorbed on Pyrosphere. It's the very definition of grasping at straws. Don't worry about it.

Last edited:

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
Mewtwo is an odd one, to be sure. He's sort of a newcomer, sort of a veteran. A big site of controversy, ie: "Is he relevant now that Lucario exists"
I don't understand honestly. Why would not just a legendary pokemon, but THE legendary pokemon of the first generation not be relevant due to Lucario, of all pokemon?

and "he's so different and deserves a spot" debate. If you want my honest opinion, I doubt they'd take on two huuuuuge internet debates in a single direct. They detract from each other. A Shulk/Isaac confirmation starts off as a positive note, then ends on a "whoa wait... really??" Having Mewtwo AND Ridley in the same trailer...
It seems a little to optimistic to hope for Mewtwo AND Ridley in the same trailer, but I am on that boat regardless, simply because it seem like, the perfect setup for trailer fuel if anything else. The Legendary pokemon of the first game facing off against the immortal (After Surviving Prime 3 that is the only explanation I can accept so far) Space Pirate lord, in our new Smash Bros game. Coming in a few weeks.

Last edited:

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
What is this about a MK pic and what does it have to do with Ridley?

Ahhh... quit hating. Embrace your inner geekness, or at least let others do it in peace. :)
everything, here it is btw

Edit: :4greninja:'d...but atleast i provided a picture :p so theres that

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I honestly disagree. Not about the characters... I don't know Shulk or Isaac. But more about paling characters. I know "we" like the idea of Ridley that much, but I'm sure there are plenty of fans for Shulk/Isaac as well. So to us, we have that moment of shock, but I'm sure there are many, many others that love Shulk/Isaac enough that Ridley in no way detracts from their desired hero.

Mewtwo is an odd one, to be sure. He's sort of a newcomer, sort of a veteran. A big site of controversy, ie: "Is he relevant now that Lucario exists" and "he's so different and deserves a spot" debate. If you want my honest opinion, I doubt they'd take on two huuuuuge internet debates in a single direct. They detract from each other. A Shulk/Isaac confirmation starts off as a positive note, then ends on a "whoa wait... really??" Having Mewtwo AND Ridley in the same trailer...

I usually say this sort of thing on the Mewtwo thread, but I guess I can put it here, since it relates to the trailer.

Mewtwo is the single most requested character for Smash. No newcomer, no returning vet, no third party character comes close to Mewtwo's request count. He's still relevant to Pokémon, as indicated by him being the only one besides Charizard to get two Mega-Evolutions, and him getting a unique move a generation ago (or was it two?). He recently played a very prominent role in the anime. He also played very differently from Lucario, despite sharing one special (which will likely get replaced by Psystrike).

Mewtwo is going to make it in. Ridley is the second most requested character, and the most requested newcomer. Mewtwo is also a veteran, and is of questionable status to secure his own trailer.

There is no possible way to build bigger hype than for a last minute trailer showcasing these two titans of fan demand. Ganondorf (the most heavily requested inclusion for Hyrule Warriors) was revealed in the week-before Direct. Expect the same thing for these two.

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
I usually say this sort of thing on the Mewtwo thread, but I guess I can put it here, since it relates to the trailer.

Mewtwo is the single most requested character for Smash. No newcomer, no returning vet, no third party character comes close to Mewtwo's request count. He's still relevant to Pokémon, as indicated by him being the only one besides Charizard to get two Mega-Evolutions, and him getting a unique move a generation ago (or was it two?). He recently played a very prominent role in the anime. He also played very differently from Lucario, despite sharing one special (which will likely get replaced by Psystrike).

Mewtwo is going to make it in. Ridley is the second most requested character, and the most requested newcomer. Mewtwo is also a veteran, and is of questionable status to secure his own trailer.

There is no possible way to build bigger hype than for a last minute trailer showcasing these two titans of fan demand. Ganondorf (the most heavily requested inclusion for Hyrule Warriors) was revealed in the week-before Direct. Expect the same thing for these two.
Well "most requested character" is debatable.
However, 'errybody wants a little Mewtwo in their lives. Especially now after Pokemon X,Y and Project M.

If there is indeed just one more trailer. I can't see a better moment to reveal Ridley and Mewtwo.

Last edited:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Well, getting back to Ridley...
I wonder what type of recovery he'll have.
At first I though he'd be like Kirby and can jump like 5 times in a row, but now that Pit can't do that, not sure if Ridley will.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
At first I though he'd be like Kirby and can jump like 5 times in a row, but now that Pit can't do that, not sure if Ridley will.
Pit still had to spend his up special on that. Ridley still has the power to get a Kirby-like 5-jump, if only because our Commander's wings are perfectly functional, unlike a certain angel's.

On that note, have we seen Charizard attempting this yet? Might lend some insight; even if they're not the same body type they still both have functional wings.

Last edited:

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
I'm very sure Ridley will have multi-jumps.

Although, he could just have a "flight" mechanic that's exclusive to him. Maybe by holding the jump button or pressing the jump button after the midair jump. If this is the case.
Maybe his up B won't be a recovery move.

His up B could also possibly initiate this "flight" ability.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, we know he will not glide, since it seems to be removed. It's possible he'll have some kind of fly mode. I'm hoping he'll have something that'll do damage though.

He might have 3 jumps like Charizard. I think that's how many jumps he had in Brawl, if I'm not mistaken.

Last edited:

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
I wonder if we'll get a bunch of references through alt colors in Ridley.

Like having Jet Blackley from Zero Mission or Redley/Boxartley or Greenley from the official ZM artwork, maybe even an Ice Ridley reference in there. And of course the original color scheme.

Last edited:

BeakyBird

Smash Apprentice
I don't understand honestly. Why would not just a legendary pokemon, but THE legendary pokemon of the first generation not be relevant due to Lucario, of all pokemon?
Whoa whoa whoa, hang on. I'm not saying "I'M" saying these things. I was just saying there was a debate going on, I'm not taking a side, haha. "Lucario replaced Mewtwo" is the "too big" of mewtwo arguments.

Just wanting to clarify I'm not against anyone's character choices or predictions!! Just doubting the inclusion of Mewtwo and Ridley in one trailer, is all. It takes enough energy to fight for Ridley's rights. There's no way I'm using the energy to be a detractor for anyone else, haha!

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
I wonder if well get a bunch of references through alt colors in Ridley.

Like having Jet Blackley from Zero Mission or Redley/Boxartley or Greenley from the official ZM artwork, maybe even an Ice Ridley reference in there. And of course the original color scheme.
You forgot Neo Ridley and every character needs a hot pink version. No exceptions. :pimp:

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
Whoa whoa whoa, hang on. I'm not saying "I'M" saying these things. I was just saying there was a debate going on, I'm not taking a side, haha. "Lucario replaced Mewtwo" is the "too big" of mewtwo arguments.

Just wanting to clarify I'm not against anyone's character choices or predictions!! Just doubting the inclusion of Mewtwo and Ridley in one trailer, is all. It takes enough energy to fight for Ridley's rights. There's no way I'm using the energy to be a detractor for anyone else, haha!
Oh I know, I didn't mean to sound like I was implying it was your argument. I just wanted to know why it was an argument, haha.

We all know Im anti Snake, so I cant say I am not a detractor for something, but other then that, I am okay with virtually all other reasonable character dreams becoming a reality. Ridley is just my main focus (Since Palutena is confirmed. :) )

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
Pit still had to spend his up special on that. Ridley still has the power to get a Kirby-like 5-jump, if only because our Commander's wings are perfectly functional, unlike a certain angel's.

On that note, have we seen Charizard attempting this yet? Might lend some insight; even if they're not the same body type they still both have functional wings.
How many did Charizard have in Brawl? I want to say 4 but I have not been able to play it for a long time. :\

Last edited:

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
Hey guys. What about custom moves for Ridley?

What custom moves must Ridley have?
I have an idea that Ridley's default N-:GCB: Would be similar to Samus', but it instead drags in enemies in like a Water Shiruken, and it explodes after a certain distance. For custom moves, there's the rapid plasma fireballs....I got nothin' else, sorry. Fireballs were my best suggestion. :/

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
NO MORE LEAK SPEAK PLEASE.

*ahem*
If you wouldn't mind I'd like to not see the Rildey Thread of legend be closed by some dumb leak.

Back.
To.
Ridley.
When I first saw this image I literally sat there for 3 minutes just watching it chuckling.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I wonder if we'll get a bunch of references through alt colors in Ridley.

I'd say that if Ridley is playable, there's a few obvious choices to pick. Zero Mission Ridley would be for the Green team, Super Metroid for the Red team, and Fusion Ridley the blue team. Obviously they'd have a purple color swap, since that's his normal color.

Ice Ridley would be obscure, but it would be cool. I'm starting to like the idea of a Metroid 1 Ridley, where he's a darker shade of Purple and had Neon Green wings.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
If we're getting Neo/Roidley-X, I'd want it to be complete with that "zombified/falling apart look" rather than just the same color scheme, kinda like all the SA-X texture swaps out there for Samus.

On that note I'd also be interested in seeing a battle-damaged/scarred Ridley alt.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
I'd say that if Ridley is playable, there's a few obvious choices to pick. Zero Mission Ridley would be for the Green team, Super Metroid for the Red team, and Fusion Ridley the blue team. Obviously they'd have a purple color swap, since that's his normal color.

Ice Ridley would be obscure, but it would be cool. I'm starting to like the idea of a Metroid 1 Ridley, where he's a darker shade of Purple and had Neon Green wings.
Just for lulz: Orange, with blue canopies. :006:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
If we're getting Neo/Roidley-X, I'd want it to be complete with that "zombified/falling apart look" rather than just the same color scheme, kinda like all the SA-X texture swaps out there for Samus.

On that note I'd also be interested in seeing a battle-damaged/scarred Ridley alt.
I'm pretty sure that in-game battle damage is confirmed, though. Isn't it?

Top Bottom