• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
Eventually Sakurai is just gonna say "No" and Nintendo is going to try and pass it off to someone else. That's when we should fear for Smash's future.
The amount of money he's being paid is insane. id wager he's the highest paid director of the gaming industry

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
The amount of money he's being paid is insane. id wager he's the highest paid director of the gaming industry
I'm pretty sure Nintendo knows they need him for Smash. If he ever refused, I'd bet they'd table the discussion for a time and just switch to DLC for the current game, and start bombarding him with ideas until he latched onto one. Sakurai's name is too tied with the series, severing it would hurt, a lot, and Nintendo knows it.

Morbi

Scavenger
Eventually Sakurai is just gonna say "No" and Nintendo is going to try and pass it off to someone else. That's when we should fear for Smash's future.
No. At that moment, the moment it is passed to someone else. THAT is when my faith in Smash's future will be returned. If a different creative director was at the helm, we would have presumably had Ridley half a decade ago (however, our precious R.O.B and Game&Watch would also be missing). :awesome:

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
Dark samus was assist I could see him as a coustume for pit though
If that's the case, then Dark Pit NEEDS his own voice that's different from Pit, along with visual changes like the Palutena Bow to Silver Bow, and a dark purple glow to his Power of Flight instead of blue.

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
No. At that moment, the moment it is passed to someone else. THAT is when my faith in Smash's future will be returned. If a different creative director was at the helm, we would have presumably had Ridley half a decade ago (however, our precious R.O.B and Game&Watch would also be missing). :awesome:
Don't speak ill of Sakurai. He might hear you.

Zynux

Smash Lord
Man, we were doing so well at staying on topic too. Then the last three pages went into borderline character discussion category...

The mysterious phenomenon known as "staying on topic" has alluded us temporarily...

At this point, a lot of us aren't going to be surprised when he is revealed playable anyway.
I, on the other hand, will be extremely surprised if he's revealed playable! As my pessimism has deluded myself to believing the worst-case scenario will arbitrarily take place :yeahboi:

Please. I make my own arguments. I did not even read the second post, yet.
I haven't thoroughly read the second post either; I have only lightly skimmed it (because I'm well aware of what it generally says anyway). Hi5!

*Con0rrrr cries in a corner* Sorry bud :(

If CoroCoro only does information about stages that we already know, then they'll say all the information about Pyrosphere that we know about the stage and not mention anything about Ridley other than relaying that Ridley is rumored to be on it.
Question is, will their insinuation on the rumor of Ridley being a Boss hazard problematic for his chances? If I remember correctly, another magazine issue alluded that the Phantom, while "not knowing what it is", questioned whether it was a move new for Zelda and what happened to Sheik.

Maybe I'm just defensive, but the mentioning of Ridley at all would worry me :scared:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Question is, will their insinuation on the rumor of Ridley being a Boss hazard problematic for his chances? If I remember correctly, another magazine issue alluded that the Phantom, while "not knowing what it is", questioned whether it was a move new for Zelda and what happened to Sheik.

Maybe I'm just defensive, but the mentioning of Ridley at all would worry me :scared:
Not really. It came off as more along the lines that they didn't know and made a commonly believed assumption.

JabbatheHutt

Being as Metroid's GBA game used the same Engine as Wario Land 4, you think the Ridley Trailer will feature Wario?

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Being as Metroid's GBA game used the same Engine as Wario Land 4, you think the Ridley Trailer will feature Wario?
I don't know why, but the thought of Wario on the Pyrosphere has always made me crack up. Maybe it's because I imagine him fart-flying during the moment Samus has her mental breakdown from seeing Ridley return.

Speaking of which, something like that should be used to break the tension of Ridley's climactic reveal.

Zynux

Smash Lord
Not really. It came off as more along the lines that they didn't know and made a commonly believed assumption.
I see, maybe it would be hasty to cast Ridley aside if such a comment was made. Still, it may be a bit irrational and baseless, but I believe lacking to mention Ridley at all would give me hope.

This is actually extremely intriguing to ponder, considering the facts that both Samus (Metroid) and Wario (Super Mario Land, Wario land) were original designed by Hiroji Kiyotake, and Metroid and Wario games were originally designed under Nintendo's Research and Development 1 team (which was headed by Gunpei Yokoi). Of course, random correlations like these have little evidence to base on what will actually happen, but it would be a nice nostalgic call back. Also this.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I see, maybe it would be hasty to cast Ridley aside if such a comment was made. Still, it may be a bit irrational and baseless, but I believe lacking to mention Ridley at all would give me hope.
Personally, it would do nothing for me.

This is actually extremely intriguing to ponder, considering the facts that both Samus (Metroid) and Wario (Super Mario Land, Wario land) were original designed by Hiroji Kiyotake, and Metroid and Wario games were original designed under Nintendo's Research and Development 1 team (which was headed by Gunpei Yokoi). Of course, random correlations like these have very little base on, but it would be a nice nostalgic call back. Also this.
So......Wario reveal, official Game & Watch announcement, Ridley reveal, and Daisy reveal as Lucina-fied Peach? :troll:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
The day ridley is announced hell will break lose.Right is left.Black is white.World War 3 happens.The stock market will crash.I guess you say it would be to big to handle.

Morbi

Scavenger
The day ridley is announced hell will break lose.Right is left.Black is white.World War 3 happens.The stock market will crash.I guess you say it would be to big to handle.
The only thing "crashing" after Ridley's reveal is this site. You forgot that they re-scaled Ridley to a normal size, a size that is relatively easy to handle.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Also, Sonic fanbase will start to like Sonic Boom designs and Sonic '06, Metroid Other M will become the best Metroid game, Daisy and Waluigi will become actually important and get above Koopalings' level, Mario will stop using drugs, Slenderman will start wearing a tophat and will grow a mustache, Godzilla will become a pacifistic big guy, Tingle will become the most famous/most requested character in America, Gamera will suddenly become a Ninja and will be a lot younger (get that pun?), Space Pirates will become good guys, Ridley will become Samus' Best Friend 4ever, Metroids will stop killing peoples and instead start learning english and quantum physics, Phazon will be sold in stores as something very safe and healthy, we will get either an official Ridley figure or a Ridley plushie, Wolf will let Star Fox do that, real SOVIET damage will become punny soviet damage while punny american damage will become real AMERICAN damage, Trollface will feel sad, Donkey Kong will hate bananas, Mewtwo will replace Lucario in Sm4sh or Sma5h, competetive "Stop Having Fun, Guys" idiots (not just competetive players because that is an insult to those who are actually nice and not such di- different persons) will abandon competetive rules and stop telling others that they are playing a certain game in a wrong way, Super Smash Bros will become something hardcore with brutal difficulty, Castelvania games will become the easiest games ever, Kaizo Mario hack and just insanely hard Mario hacks will be remade to be insanely easy...oh my, it would be the end of the world as we know it now...

Will any of you stop predicting date of his reveal if he won't be revealed in August and just wait? Or you will continue doing that until he is revealed either by Nintendo or someone who unlocked him?

Last edited:

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
Will any of you stop predicting date of his reveal if he won't be revealed in August and just wait? Or you will continue doing that until he is revealed either by Nintendo or someone who unlocked him?
Ugh. Honestly. The fact that we have no idea when Sakurai is going to announce Ridley really kills me. There better be something at Gamescom, or at the very least, this month. Or I'm going to go insane. It doesn't even have to involve Ridley. Just to keep us hyped somehow if they're not going to announce him before release.

Last edited:

JabbatheHutt

This is actually extremely intriguing to ponder, considering the facts that both Samus (Metroid) and Wario (Super Mario Land, Wario land) were original designed by Hiroji Kiyotake, and Metroid and Wario games were originally designed under Nintendo's Research and Development 1 team (which was headed by Gunpei Yokoi). Of course, random correlations like these have little evidence to base on what will actually happen, but it would be a nice nostalgic call back. Also this.
getting a Wario + G&W reveal in a RIDLEY trailer on Gunpei Yokoi's brthday on SEPTEMBER 7th RIGHT BEFORE RELEASE would be a MASSIVE tribute to a fallen hero of the video game world.

Mark SEPTEMBER 7th on your calender. itll be an epic day.

Morbi

Scavenger
But "normal" = "too big". :troll:

amidoinitrite?
Are you sure that this is your first time? You seem to be quite adept.

Also, Sonic fanbase will start to like Sonic Boom designs and Sonic '06, Metroid Other M will become the best Metroid game, Daisy and Waluigi will become actually important and get above Koopalings' level, Mario will stop using drugs, Slenderman will start wearing a tophat and will grow a mustache, Godzilla will become a pacifistic big guy, Tingle will become the most famous/most requested character in America, Gamera will suddenly become a Ninja and will be a lot younger (get that pun?), Space Pirates will become good guys, Ridley will become Samus' Best Friend 4ever, Metroids will stop killing peoples and instead start learning english and quantum physics, Phazon will be sold in stores as something very safe and healthy, we will get either an official Ridley figure or a Ridley plushie, Wolf will let Star Fox do that, real SOVIET damage will become punny soviet damage while punny american damage will become real AMERICAN damage, Trollface will feel sad, Donkey Kong will hate bananas, Mewtwo will replace Lucario in Sm4sh or Sma5h, competetive "Stop Having Fun, Guys" idiots (not just competetive players because that is an insult to those who are actually nice and not such di- different persons) will abandon competetive rules and stop telling others that they are playing a certain game in a wrong way, Super Smash Bros will become something hardcore with brutal difficulty, Castelvania games will become the easiest games ever, Kaizo Mario hack and just insanely hard Mario hacks will be remade to be insanely easy...oh my, it would be the end of the world as we know it now...

No and yes. I will predict the date of his reveal until it actually happens.

Weavel

Smash Ace

Just to be made clear, there is no official word on when something will be revealed right? I asked earlier but didn't get a response.

And a neat little thing for metroid fans, space pirates do have the potential to be good guys, but only because a strong good guy is leading them. They don't care who they serve as long as said person is powerful.

Last edited:

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
Wait. Now that I think about it, it isn't so bad. I just found out the Japanese release date is September 13th. I can live with that. Pfft....

Goodbye, fellow Ridley fans.

:4falcon:..................:troll:

Just to be made clear, there is no official word on when something will be revealed right? I asked earlier but didn't get a response.

And a neat little thing for metroid fans, space pirates do have the potential to be good guys but only because a strong good guy is leading them. They don't care who they serve as long as said person is powerful.
There's never an "official word" when it has to do with Ridley.

Last edited:

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
Well tryed getting something for my kindle since my pc is broken (I'll just say I rp) but it crashed yeah I'm stuck here forever....

Weavel

Smash Ace
Wait. Now that I think about it, it isn't so bad. I just found out the Japanese release date is September 13th. I can live with that. Pfft....

Goodbye, fellow Ridley fans.

:4falcon:..................:troll:

There's never an "official word" when it has to do with Ridley.
Is there an official word when a character reveal is coming up?

iamresh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
VivillonDoe
3DS FC
1891-1659-0237
well pic of the day was released early. nothing about Ridley as usual

Weavel

Smash Ace
Do you think they're going to try and pull some **** so some characters are restricted to one console until you buy the other version?

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
Do you think they're going to try and pull some **** so some characters are restricted to one console until you buy the other version?
Hell no. **** no. Sakurai said that both versions would have the same roster. Don't worry. There's no way they'd pull something like that. This is Smash Bros. Not Nazi Bros.

Edit: Although, I'd imagine they'll give you small bonuses for playing both versions. Maybe even unlock a character for you early, but nothing more.

Last edited:

Weavel

Smash Ace
Hell no. **** no. Sakurai said that both versions would have the same roster. Don't worry. There's no way they'd pull something like that. This is Smash Bros. Not Nazi Bros.
Good, I'll expect full roaster reveal when it releases in japan. Also be keeping an eye on any note worthy leaks.

D

Deleted member

Off-Topic, but Godzilla was no pacifist.
He just didn't give a damn one way or another about anything that wasn't his prime target.

Top Bottom