• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

SAY THAT AGAIN
I DARE YOU
ILL F
[ridley no]ING CHEW YOUR GO[ridley stop that]AMN FACE OFF AND MUTILATE YOUR CORPSE WITH MY F[for gods sake]ING TAIL

He looks so angry I love it :love:
I have no problem saying it again. The blue+pink colors don't match well with Ridley, his posture is super silly, his upper jaw looks like it isn't attached to the rest of his head, the head doesn't go far enough back, the deafening screech, and worst of all are those lanky and disgusting arms. Ridley-X just doesn't work for me at all.

It's been said it's a hybrid/combination though. So possibility still exists?

Even if the model can't change, though, we can at least get color schemes reminiscent of his various forms.
If it's a hybrid then maybe, but that kind of defeats the point imo. I'm expecting at least a Meta Ridley recolor minimum.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
yessss
I'd love to see him at one point in your comics.
-u- hehe, maybe maybe....I would need to make a way for it to happen, and also, alongside with Omega Ridley (the design I have a soft spot for some reason...) it a kinda complex task to draw....

AndreaAC

I actually like this better than the in-game one. You slightly changed the proportions and shape of the head, and I think it works better.
Really? xD I'm kind of blind so I can barely see the difference....

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Really? xD I'm kind of blind so I can barely see the difference....
The lower jaw is shorter and isn't space as far from the upper jaw.

The rear crest on the head is more pronounced, extending further down the head/neck.

The teeth on the upper jaw do not follow the curvature of the end of Ridley's nose.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Thank you! Same to you good sir! :D

I wonder if Sakurai will pull a Robin/Lucina type newcomer reveal on August 6th? Or would that make the newcomer's identity too obvious?

Edit: I honestly don't care if it's obvious, just give me my Ridley!!
I think that we're going to recieve a direct on the 6th.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Bidirectional? What does that mean?

Also, I do think it makes the most sense to reveal Ridley this month, since it's both the anniversary of Metroid, and the anniversary of the first PotD showing the Pyrosphere stage.

Still, I worry myself that I may accidentally get too cocky, and jynx it all. This is why I avoid as much heat as I can, as much as I wanna drink the tears of Shokio and...that other dude I keep forgetting. Nin10doh, I think? Somewhere in the lines of that. I really don't appreciate his attitude. >:c
I didn't used the right words, but because of how the 2 ongoing teases are so similar from every other tease like this, the existence of the Ridley tease helps my theory and the reverse is also true.

I have reasons to believe that on my end, it's a reveal before release.

That would mean the same for Ridley since the tease is like the others.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I doubt they'd schedule an entire Nintendo Direct just to fit Ridley's announcement, especially so soon after the Hyrule Warriors Direct. If anything happens on August 6th, which I highly doubt, it will be another stream dedicated solely to a newcomer trailer, and like people say that'd be too obvious.

Last edited:

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
Not really.. Most people already count him as disconfirmed.
They will realise it is Metroid's anniversary and will start speculating on it though. If Xenoblade's dev (plus you-know-who) hadn't mislead everyone about the last direct people'd have gone with a FE newcomer since it was its series' anniversary.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
They will realise it is Metroid's anniversary and will start speculating on it though. If Xenoblade's dev (plus you-know-who) hadn't mislead everyone about the last direct people'd have gone with a FE newcomer since it was its series' anniversary.
Fire Emblem's anniversary is in April, the only one who had a notable anniversary on that date was Captain Falcon, which people of course didn't expect because he's a veteran. Regardless, people would still have guessed for Shulk, Chrom or Chorus Men anyways, so people were always bound to be wrong.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
And they'd do the same.

I doubt they'd schedule an entire Nintendo Direct just to fit Ridley's announcement, especially so soon after the Hyrule Warriors Direct. If anything happens on August 6th, which I highly doubt, it will be another stream dedicated solely to a newcomer trailer, and like people say that'd be too obvious.
It's not to fit Ridley, we got the tomodachi life direct 2 days after the april smash direct.

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
Fire Emblem's anniversary is in April, the only one who had a notable anniversary on that date was Captain Falcon, which people of course didn't expect because he's a veteran. Regardless, people would still have guessed for Shulk, Chrom or Chorus Men anyways, so people were always bound to be wrong.
There was an anniversary for FE on the week of the newcomer video, it was mentioned before the Shulk hype took over. They still would have been wrong, but not as much as it ended up being.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Huh, didn't realise it was Sakurai's birthday tomorrow.

Someone should wish him happy birthday and say "Please Ridley playable for SSB4" to him in Japanese :3

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Huh, didn't realise it was Sakurai's birthday tomorrow.

Someone should wish him happy birthday and say "Please Ridley playable for SSB4" to him in Japanese :3
There's a #HappyBirthdaySakurai movement on Twitter that's mainly hosted by Reddit currently since it's already August 3rd in Japan which he has even responded to. He's currently working apparently, even if it's midnight over there.

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
There's a #HappyBirthdaySakurai movement on Twitter that's mainly hosted by Reddit currently since it's already August 3rd in Japan which he has even responded to. He's currently working apparently, even if it's midnight over there.
That poor, poor man. Working his bum off to troll us all into oblivion.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Welp, Twitter sure isn't immune to the Ridley hatred...

There's even a stupid parody account for Sakurai making those ridiculous Ridley size jokes ._.

AndreaAC

That's a very good picture nice job! And that form would definitely be a good fit for the smash bros Ridley. :love::):estatic::chuckle::bee:
Thank you thank you! xD maybe it could work...but personally I would prefer the Original Ridley and his Meta and Omega forms....but Roidley is good too, and obviously it is the version we are going to get....

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
I just made a Ridley size-comparison of my own (forgive the ****ty editing, I was rushing to get it up on here), so I'd like to share it.

I was watching the Cutscene from the Subspace Emissary when Ridley appears and after they landed, I had an idea. I thought to myself, "I never realized how small he seemed in Brawl, that's a new one." So I did a little thinking, math, and editing and this is what I came up with for Ridley's size.

First, I just wanted to imagine that all of the characters in the screenshot are on the same field of view (they aren't but I'm imagining they are for my comparison).

Ridley in this picture is about four and a half crouching Pikachu Bodies tall.

Using this screenshot of MegaMan, Samus, and crouching Pikachu, you can see where about four and a half crouching Pikachu Bodies stand in comparison to MegaMan.

I also did this one that shows that four and a half crouching Pikachu Bodies are equal to about 2 MegaMen. (It's a little off don't judge.)

With all of that, I compared some NES Sprites based on what I gathered. I did two sizes for Ridley and Samus compared to MegaMan:

Thoughts?

Edited for a bigger picture

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Warning Received
All I want is that Sakurai takes a rest after this, I read he started making the game as soon as Kid Icarus Uprising finished development, which is one of the reasons why the 'Ridley wasn't finished' argument is invalid, the others being Sakurai hasn't cared about that and showed unfinished pictures, and that stage hazards seem easier to make than playable characters

Thoughts?
Ridley is taller in that cutscene than he was in the actual fight, and just like the Melee intro, Ridley is small in that picture because of perspective issues

Last edited by a moderator:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Ridley is taller in that cutscene than he was in the actual fight, and just like the Melee intro, Ridley is small in that picture because of perspective issues
Which is why I said "imagine that they are on the same field of view"

The comparison is from the thought that they are all on the same perspective.

Morbi

Scavenger
All I want is that Sakurai takes a rest after this, I read he started making the game as soon as Kid Icarus Uprising finished development, which is one of the reasons why the 'Ridley wasn't finished' argument is invalid, the others being Sakurai hasn't cared about that and showed unfinished pictures, and that stage hazards seem easier to make than playable characters
It does not make the argument invalid unless you can objectively prove that your presumption is true.

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
i come back and all i see are pikachus....anyway. 4 more slots were opened on the mobile version

4 slots open, 4 days left until metroid anniversary, Ridley confirmed

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
i come back and all i see are pikachus....anyway. 4 more slots were opened on the mobile version

4+4 is 8. 8-4 is 4. 4 days until Metroid anniversary like you said. Ridley confirmed.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
You win one internet

When I return I expect the entire original Star Wars movies scripts adapted to fit Metroid instead on my desk.
Samus: BUT I WAS GOING TO ZEBES TO PICK UP SOME MISSILE EXPANSIONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNS

Ridley: Impressive. Most impressive. But you are not a hunter yet!

Old Bird (as Yoda): A warrior's strength flows through you!

Adam (as Ben Kenobi): You've taken your first step into a much larger universe.

Anthony (as Han): That old man has no style!

Mother Brain (as the Emperor: Everything is proceeding as I have forseen...

You know, this could actually work, and I never thought of this crossover before. I love both these franchises, and someone with more cleverness and writing abilities should make a whole script!

D

Deleted member

Oh look, samus's as.. I mean, uh... Ridley has a good chance!

Last edited by a moderator:

Zem-raj

Smash Hero

That's merely because of the page layout. On the desktop version, there aren't any rectangles, and there are 9 rectangle icons per scroll. Whereas with the mobile version, there are 5 rectangle icons per scroll. Since there haven't been enough characters revealed yet to fill that scroll section with Pit, there are blank rectangles to fill the space out. I wouldn't look into it too much, though it would be nice if it's something to indicate near character reveals =P

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427

So the desktop version has 9 spaces, and they are all filled up.

And the Mobile version has 5 space, and there's one space used here...

So if we get 9 more characters...

Both will be filled up!

9 Ridley slots confirmed :troll:

Top Bottom