• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Even Sakurai knows The Rabbids, Maxwell, and Minecraft Steve should never be in Smash Bros.

This kid probably is probably asking for Skydoesminecraft for Smash *shivers*
Final smash, scream swear. Only Ometa-X Ridley's squeel can undo it!

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Final smash, scream swear. Only Ometa-X Ridley's squeel can undo it!
My younger sibling got into Minecraft and started watching Skydoesminecraft.

I played the game with him once and I asked him for gold.

He said "What Gold? THERES ONLY BUDDER!"

I slapped him.

That word isn't being used in this household any longer.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I want Ridley+Bowser+Ganondorf VS Samus+Mario+Link trailer.
That could work. I'd imagine it playing out similar to the Pac-Man scene. We get Bowser fighting Mario, then it pulls away. Link fighting Ganondorf, then it pulls away. Then we get a shot of Samus fighting Ridley, and the splash page.

But I kind of like the full cutscenes we've been getting in the Palutena and Robin trailers, and I want to see Ridley in one of those. Ridley, Ganondorf, maybe Mewtwo or Meta Knight as well, squaring off against Samus, before Isaac and Shulk come balance the scales. It would be awesome.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
the miiverse people have started making smashboards accounts! the horror. protect ridley
We should instead unleash his might on those poor souls so everyone will know that it is a very bad idea to mess with us! BWO-HO-HA-HA-HAcoughcoughcough..!

That could work. I'd imagine it playing out similar to the Pac-Man scene. We get Bowser fighting Mario, then it pulls away. Link fighting Ganondorf, then it pulls away. Then we get a shot of Samus fighting Ridley, and the splash page.

But I kind of like the full cutscenes we've been getting in the Palutena and Robin trailers, and I want to see Ridley in one of those. Ridley, Ganondorf, maybe Mewtwo or Meta Knight as well, squaring off against Samus, before Isaac and Shulk come balance the scales. It would be awesome.
...and then those villains quickly kick new afts because of their combined fanbase power and Meta Knight is God Tier...or just because Meta Knight is God Tier.

I would like to see Ridley in an cgi animation of course.

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I want Ridley's trailer to be cgi animated, not like Pac-mans with a bunch of colors.

Meta-Kraid

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-0411-8525
Let's try to get back on topic. How many villains do you guys thinks would be revealed. I'm hoping for Ridley, K. Rool, Ganondorf, Meta Knight, Wario and Claus.

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
I want Ridley's trailer to be cgi animated, not like Pac-mans with a bunch of colors.
video starts with bowser and gains a green stripe, transitions over to DeDeDe and gains a red stripe. then a purple stripe appears and fills the screen with purple. ridley hungers for battle!

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Let's try to get back on topic. How many villains do you guys thinks would be revealed. I'm hoping for Ridley, K. Rool, Ganondorf, Meta Knight, Wario and Claus.
Claus? Santa Claus? What have he done to you that you want Santa Claus in Sm4sh?...isn`t Claus a massive spoiler?
Anywhooze, it is Ridley thread, i think Ridley,Ganondorf, Meta Knigh, maybe K.Rool too...

Last edited:

Meta-Kraid

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-0411-8525
Claus? Santa Claus? What have he done to you that you want Santa Claus in Sm4sh?
Anywhooze, i think Ridley and maybe Ganondorf, maybe K.Rool too...
Please tell me you're trolling.
Edit: didn't see the second part, but you're right. Guess all I can hope for is Mewtwo or Porky.

Last edited:

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
Claus? Santa Claus? What have he done to you that you want Santa Claus in Sm4sh?
Anywhooze, i think Ridley and maybe Ganondorf, maybe K.Rool too...
Claus as in the Masked man aka lucas' twin brother with orange hair from Mother 3 :0 ho ho ho

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
How would you guys react if Sakurai just one day tweeted "Oh ya Ridley is in the game as a playable character, his page is on the website"?

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
I must say, Ridley would be a fun character to play as.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
At least three, if they were doing a villain trailer.

I'm hoping for Ridley, Meta Knight, and Mewtwo.

Unfortunately, Ridley, Ganondorf, and Wolf or Wario are more likely choices.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
video starts with bowser and gains a green stripe, transitions over to DeDeDe and gains a red stripe. then a purple stripe appears and fills the screen with purple. ridley hungers for battle!
Even better, the screen stays a purple void for the rest of the trailer because Ridley completely blocks the camera. :awesome:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Please tell me you're trolling.
I know who is Claus (kinda), but another PSI-powers kid?! Lucas is already too much. If not PSI thing...then what? And wasn`t Masked Man villai- oh, wait, Porky was. Not him. And Gyigas once was. But whatever, i don`t care unless it is another Ness or Lucas clone.
How would you guys react if Sakurai just one day tweeted "Oh ya Ridley is in the game as a playable character, his page is on the website"?
I would go to MUGEN Guild, Smashboards and DeviantArt, rubbing that into faces of those who did not believed that this will ever happen. Then i will implode, leaving nothing more than TEH VOID and myself, alive and happy.
EVIL?! EEEEVIIIIIIIIRUUUUU!!!

Last edited:

Meta-Kraid

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-0411-8525
I know who is Claus (kinda), but another PSI-powers kid?! Lucas is already too much. If not PSI thing...then what? And wasn`t Masked Man villai- oh, wait, Porky was. Not him. And Gyigas once was.

I would go to MUGEN Guild, Smashboards and DeviantArt, rubbing that into faces of those who did not believed that this will ever happen. Then i will implode, leaving nothing more than TEH VOID and myself, alive and happy.

I edited my post, but couldn't Claus be the masked man and use the light saber ripoff or gun in the unused sprites.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
View attachment 19950
???????????????????????????????????
It was just T.rex arms, not T.Rex heads for hands. Oh, and minor error - it is T.Rex, not T-rex. "Rex" part is kinda like "aegyptiacus" part of Spinosaurus name that is used like S. aegyptiacus. But that is not something anyone knows. Just for those who doesn`t knows...i am nerdy?

Last edited:

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
I know who is Claus (kinda), but another PSI-powers kid?! Lucas is already too much. If not PSI thing...then what? And wasn`t Masked Man villai- oh, wait, Porky was. Not him. And Gyigas once was. But whatever, i don`t care unless it is another Ness or Lucas clone.

i can assure you that Masked man will not be a ness/lucas clone. he does have PSI abilites, but from my memory its just pk love and a pk shield removal ability. he has an electric sword, a jetpack and arm cannon. a move set writes itself :0 but enough about Masked man, lets talk about our friendly neighborhood space pirate[/quote]

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
what did Ridley say when he wasn't included in Smash?
"SSSSAKURAIIIIIIIII!!!"
Ridley, 2007.
i can assure you that Masked man will not be a ness/lucas clone. he does have PSI abilites, but from my memory its just pk love and a pk shield removal ability. he has an electric sword, a jetpack and arm cannon. a move set writes itself :0 but enough about Masked man, lets talk about our friendly neighborhood space pirate
Well, then i have nothing against him except for his design. But that is not what we should talk about unless we want IsmaR to come here and bring heavy his/her/its banhammer or whatever "they" use.

Last edited:

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
It doesn't seem like it's every two months it seems longer but maybe that's just me
the directs shown this year were on February, April, and June (if you count their E3 press conference as a direct). Last year there was a Direct (the ones with smash brothers in it) on June, August, October and December.

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
It doesn't seem like it's every two months it seems longer but maybe that's just me
It usually is, but Nintendo hasnt done a traditional direct in a while*. I think the last one was the one with Little Mac, afterwards they were special directs focused on one gam and the E3 event.

*Actually, I think they did a 3DS third party direct not too long ago, but I believe it was for Japan.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
@Phaazoid I give you a lot of credit for saying Ridley's playable on the PotD thread. Boss item? Ridley's quote was "boss characters appear on other stages, not just this one". Boss item=usable in-game item. Boss character=playable character by that logic.

As for villains:
1. Ridley
2. K Rool
3. Petey Piranha/King Boo (I doubt both would get in, and Mario already got a newcomer in Rosalina
4. Ghirahim (he'd have a unique moveset and he's NOT Ganon! Go figure.)
5. Galacta Knight and/or MK (I'd take both if that's possible)
6. Vaati from Minish Cap/Four Swords (another non-Ganon Zelda villain, he's a dark horse for sure. More likely to be a stage boss on the 3DS version)

Top Bottom